Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,622 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here - Education (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here (145965 Views)

Australia Scholarships For International Students - Apply Here Before Deadline / Jim Ovia,ty Danjuma & AU Scholarships For African Students - APPLY NOW / Australia & Japanese Scholarship For International Students – APPLY NOW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (132) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 4:46pm On May 01, 2021
these are nice courses
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 6:04pm On May 01, 2021
good day
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 11:18am On May 02, 2021
how are u
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 12:20pm On May 02, 2021
how are u smiley
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 2:00pm On May 03, 2021
thank you admin
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 3:55pm On May 03, 2021
thank you admin smiley
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 5:32pm On May 03, 2021
thank you admin
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 5:33pm On May 03, 2021
thank you admin smiley
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 7:17pm On May 03, 2021
thank you admin
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 9:19am On May 04, 2021
thank you admin smiley
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 4:03pm On May 04, 2021
thank you admin
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 6:03pm On May 04, 2021
thank you admin smiley
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 8:26am On May 05, 2021
thank you admin
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 5:02pm On May 05, 2021
thank you admin smiley
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 5:54pm On May 05, 2021
thank you admin
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 7:03pm On May 05, 2021
thank you admin smiley
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 12:16pm On May 06, 2021
you are welcome
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 5:47pm On May 06, 2021
you are welcome smiley
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 6:54pm On May 06, 2021
you are welcome
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 8:43pm On May 06, 2021
you are welcome smiley
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 8:47pm On May 06, 2021
you are welcome smiley smiley
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 9:15pm On May 06, 2021
you are welcome
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 2:11pm On May 07, 2021
thank you so much sir
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 7:04pm On May 07, 2021
thank you so much sir smiley
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 8:28am On May 08, 2021
good day admin
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 12:38pm On May 08, 2021
good day admin smiley
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 3:33pm On May 08, 2021
good day admin
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 6:11pm On May 08, 2021
good day admin smiley
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 11:53am On May 09, 2021
good day admin
Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by lentomac: 8:08pm On May 09, 2021
HIDDEN ROUTE TO GET HIDDEN FUNDED THESIS-BASED MS.C OR PH.D IN USA & CANADA

Since scholarships are mostly competitive & often select fewer people, you don’t want to put all hopes on them. Another (perhaps better) way is by "contacting Professors"

In Canada for example, Professors often have research grants to work on a particular project(s). Ideally, this might be a year, 2 to 5yrs (or even longer) depending on the funding. The output of this is to publish papers & make some evidence-based results.

The Professors are mostly busy (as you can imagine, teaching and all), so they need some outstanding students to do this research with them.

The students (Research Assistant) will work on the Professor's research & funded through the research grant.

This grant (in most cases) will be enough for you. It can also be combined (depending on each school policy) with Teaching Assistant (where you assist Prof in teaching a particular course & get paid for it). This way, you work with Professor, get paid & get your MSc/Ph.D.

So, how do you go about this?

How do you contact Profs- especially since they don't know you before?

You need to reach out to potential advisors (Profs)

You have to identify your strength, what excites you most in your course of study?

What would you like to study?

E.g:
You like Forensic Accounting, What in Forensic Accounting excites you most?

You need to identify a research question and your strongest motivation for studying what you want to study.

Your questions need to start with:
How? Why? What? Etc.

A research question can be like:

Detection of Income Manipulation

What's is the result-oriented path to Prevent Income Manipulation ?

Now you have something interesting to you, look for Profs working in those areas:

A. Use google
eg: Prof. of Forensic Accounting in Canada. Once you see anyone interesting, visit their website, read their papers, connect something they’re currently doing that interest you.

B. Search for schools-
Eg: University of Alberta,. Visit the dept of Accounting, they will list all Profs, their website & contact.
Once you identify Prof(s) you like in the field of Accounting, send them an email (state your interest in joining their lab, attach your CV and transcript if you have).

If there’s a potential fit, they'll reply, probably schedule an interview with you via Skype or Zoom (online).

If all goes well, you'll be encouraged to apply for admission & if admitted (your funding will be confirmed), & boom, you’ve got it.

this seems a better way of getting funding.

So, what are they looking for in you?

This is like a Job, the Prof. wants to see you’re a good candidate & can do research.

In particular, the prof wants to see:
1. If you've published a paper Or show that you can write a research paper?

2. Your achievements- CGPA, Awards etc

3. Your enthusiasm, your curiosity in that research, especially if you can quickly come up with a research question

4. Your skills-
Can you use some software that will help the Professor research? (Peach Tree etc).

What do you need to start preparing now for the scholarship round

1. Identify what you would like to work on- very important.
2. Your transcript
3. Identify your referees
4. Start sending emails to Professors now.

5. Start writing a draft of your statement of purpose and Personal statement (tailor it to the scholarship).

2 Likes

Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by lentomac: 8:15pm On May 09, 2021
What is a COLD MAIL?

*POWER OF COLD MAIL*

To everyone looking for Funded MS scholarship, MS Assistantship, Graduated Research Assistantship, etc. in US, Canada or other countries

Don't wait for ADVERTS FROM PROFESSORS LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES IN THEIR LABS, it might take a long time bfor u see that, so take the bull by the horn by looking for Profs. in your Field

Check their Profile, look for their Area of research, their current research, and check out their Publications, then link your research interests with theirs, create a Connection and show that your research interests aligns with theirs.

When you are done with that PREPARE A COLD MAIL and send it to them.

It has worked for many, it might be tasky, he/she who is intentional and don't give up will surely get to this promise land via this route..

This is an example

Let's assume am a Material & Metallurgy engineering graduate from a Naija University and am interested in doing my Masters in the same course in U.S or Canada

This is what I will do,

My Research Interests is in Nanotechnology and it relates to what I did in my final year Project.

So I went to google and I typed

"PROFESSOR OF MATERIAL ENGINEERING CANADA"

SOME FACULTY SHOWED UP and some Professors/Drs. Showed up,

I saw a am Associate Professor called Dr. Mauren Joel from McMaster University , Canada

and I checked his Research Interest, and I discovered that nanotechnology WAS ONE of his Area of Research (NANO HEAT TRANSFER), so I checked his publication, with that, after reading his publication about nanotechnology I was able to bring about the reasons why I wanna be a MS/PHD student under his tutelage,

so I drafted my Cold mail and shoot my shot, boom, he responded and said he is interested in working with me, that he would like to see some of my work and I should draft a research proposal, and SOP, he saw it and told me I will give you a letter so you can apply for the Graduate admission which is Fully funded..

So
DON'T DULL YOUR SELF..

PACKAGE YOURSELF & SHOOT YOUR SHOT!!!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - Apply Here by litenet14: 1:15pm On May 10, 2021
nice one sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (132) (Reply)

Babcock Expels Student In The Leaked Sex Video / 2017/2018 Lasu Admission Guide Thread / OAU 2014/2015 FRESHERS (newly Admitted Students) Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.