Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,309 members, 7,780,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:56 PM

7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver (15507 Views)

See What A Lagos Driver Was Seen Using As Side Mirror (photos) / This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) / 6 Ways To Spot A Flood Damaged Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver by FakeNEWSevryday: 7:55am On Nov 17, 2016
Psalmuel92:
True talk...
Re: 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver by lalaboi(m): 8:24am On Nov 17, 2016
Whizpeter:
If you can drive in Lagos, you can drive in any part of the world without issues... By 'Lagos' I don't mean Banana Island, Lekki and environs ooo, I'm talking about Ojuelegba, Oshodi, Mushin, Ikotun and the rest...

If you've only driven on the island, please you've not driven in Lagos yet...!

This is so wrong and it's the biggest misconception.

If you like go US or UK and be driving anyhow, by the time you are hit with points deduction on your license and you eventually lose your license you will know that driving in Naija isn't the same as other countries.

But i get it if you were being sarcastic. . grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver by Sayelabola(m): 8:25am On Nov 17, 2016
Whizpeter:
If you can drive in Lagos, you can drive in any part of the world without issues... By 'Lagos' I don't mean Banana Island, Lekki and environs ooo, I'm talking about Ojuelegba, Oshodi, Mushin, Ikotun and the rest...

Awon ti mainland...Alimosho general area.

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver by buchilino(m): 8:36am On Nov 17, 2016
STANPASQUAL:
U never drive for Upper Iweka or Nkpor Junction by 6:00pm

MOST OF THOSE DRIVERS R D MAD ONES DAT CAME FROM LAGOS
Re: 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver by Burgerlomo: 8:39am On Nov 17, 2016
Whizpeter:

I totally disagree with that because if you can drive in all those places that you mentioned particularly Mushin, does not qualified you to drive in some parts of the world e.g US because of the rules of the roads which is a traffic laws, unless if you want your driving privileges to be suspended which is going to cost you a lot of money and time (years) to restore.
Re: 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver by agrovick(m): 9:25am On Nov 17, 2016
bestower:
What of u? Is that ur office

Lol! Oga, this is the time for me to move around na, now that I have the luxury of free time.
Re: 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver by Riddler32: 10:01am On Nov 17, 2016
Whizpeter:

This quote is so so wrong. Most Lagosian drivers cant survive in most international roads (eg auto-ban roads).
Re: 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver by blackjah(m): 10:13am On Nov 17, 2016
an experienced lagos drivers must know how to curse
Re: 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 17, 2016
agrovick:
One thing that amazes me is the insane amount of traffic in the afternoon, I mean what are you guys doing on the road, aren't you supposed to be at work or something?

HeHehehehe, me too.
Re: 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver by gmacnoms(m): 11:23am On Nov 17, 2016
agrovick:
One thing that amazes me is the insane amount of traffic in the afternoon, I mean what are you guys doing on the road, aren't you supposed to be at work or something?
afternoon good. I was so shocked wen I waas heading to iyana-isasshi from mile 2 @nite. Around 9pm -10+pm, d hold up was smthn else. I began to wonder seriously over the heavy Holdup around 9/11pm. I fear lagos dat day
Re: 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver by teebillz: 11:38am On Nov 17, 2016
If you have never driven on inter-state single lane with pot holes and heavy duty trucks coming from the opposite direction, you are not even a driver yet.
Re: 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver by bussieboi(m): 12:04pm On Nov 17, 2016
welcome to lagos

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver by agrovick(m): 1:18pm On Nov 17, 2016
gmacnoms:
afternoon good. I was so shocked wen I waas heading to iyana-isasshi from mile 2 @nite. Around 9pm -10+pm, d hold up was smthn else. I began to wonder seriously over the heavy Holdup around 9/11pm. I fear lagos dat day

Maybe it's the fishes in the oceans that turn into humans to drive at night. Lagos is so congested, we should start moving around with bicycles grin

Joavid:

HeHehehehe, me too.
Aunty so you are one of the contributors to the traffic jam, one suspect identified grin
Ride a bicycle today
Re: 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver by Lovexme(m): 2:14pm On Nov 17, 2016
Whizpeter:

Where in Ikotun? 'cos it doesn't look like you portray.
Re: 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver by Whizpeter(m): 2:43pm On Nov 17, 2016
Lovexme:

Where in Ikotun? 'cos it doesn't look like you portray.

Bro, just drive from synagogue to the roundabout and turn back to synagogue.... Body go tell you! cheesy Those traffic wardens at the roundabout dey try gan!
Re: 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver by michaelemenine: 3:28pm On Nov 17, 2016
What about this....?

Re: 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver by Lovexme(m): 5:35pm On Nov 17, 2016
Whizpeter:

Bro, just drive from synagogue to the roundabout and turn back to synagogue.... Body go tell you! cheesy Those traffic wardens at the roundabout dey try gan!

I see.
Re: 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver by FrancisAdl(m): 9:44am On Nov 19, 2016
lomprico:

I think PH is worse
Commercial cab and bus drivers dont know traffic rules, dont use side mirrors, and their uncouth attitude is rubbing off private car owners. Coupled with the narrow roads.

When ever u drive home without a scratch on ur car, go for thanksgiving.
Everyday new scratch.

Trust me bro, PH ain't got nothing on Lagos mainland roads. Too many things to consider
Re: 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver by FrancisAdl(m): 9:49am On Nov 19, 2016
Burgerlomo:

I totally disagree with that because if you can drive in all those places that you mentioned particularly Mushin, does not qualified you to drive in some parts of the world e.g US because of the rules of the roads which is a traffic laws, unless if you want your driving privileges to be suspended which is going to cost you a lot of money and time (years) to restore.

You got it all wrong bro, driving in crazy roads like Mushin would give you the unmatched experience most drivers don't have. Doesn't necessarily mean you'd apply the crazy knowledge in decent roads in the island or US. The thing is, a mushin driver can effortlessly drive in the US, but a US driver can't do the same as good
Re: 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver by Burgerlomo: 10:01am On Nov 19, 2016
FrancisAdl:

You got it all wrong bro, driving in crazy roads like Mushin would give you the unmatched experience most drivers don't have. Doesn't necessarily mean you'd apply the crazy knowledge in decent roads in the island or US. The thing is, a mushin driver can effortlessly drive in the US, but a US driver can't do the same as good

Do they followed the traffic rules?
Re: 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver by Burgerlomo: 10:08am On Nov 19, 2016
FrancisAdl:

I am used to the area and I know what am talking about, it's going to take them a lot of adjustment before they can adapt to driving on a decent roads and where traffic laws is enforced.
Re: 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver by okikiosibodu(m): 8:33pm On Nov 19, 2016
More picture to support life in Lagos

Re: 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver by ladej(m): 12:15pm On Nov 20, 2016
Whizpeter:

I DISAGREE. To drive in any developed country you have to take lessons again from scratch, else you won't pass the driving test to get a licence. WE DRIVE LIKE MANIACS
Re: 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver by eaglechild: 12:42pm On Nov 20, 2016
lalaboi:

This is so wrong and it's the biggest misconception.

If you like go US or UK and be driving anyhow, by the time you are hit with points deduction on your license and you eventually lose your license you will know that driving in Naija isn't the same as other countries.

But i get it if you were being sarcastic. . grin
Thank you so much.

85% of the so called "smart" drivers will lose their licenses within a week if they step into a sane society.
Re: 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver by Whizpeter(m): 4:33pm On Nov 20, 2016
ladej:
I DISAGREE. To drive in any developed country you have to take lessons again from scratch, else you won't pass the driving test to get a licence. WE I DRIVE LIKE A MANIACS MANIAC

FIXED!!! cool
Re: 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver by EEVICTOREE(m): 4:52pm On Nov 20, 2016
Lagos roads with pot holes can make u lose your mind. Especially if you are driving a German car..
Re: 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver by Denc: 11:04pm On Mar 01, 2017
Interesting read...

Driven to and in different parts of Lagos (mainland and island), several cities/towns (Benin City, Onitsha etc...), done numerous inter-state journeys across Nigeria. Each place has its "vibe"...just flow with it (most importantly, understand and obey traffic rules!).

Honestly though, "moving" a vehicle from place to place does NOT mean one can drive...most of us do need to learn/re-learn the art of driving.
Re: 7 Ways To Spot An Experienced Lagos Driver by captainking(m): 11:30am On Mar 03, 2017
STANPASQUAL:
U never drive for Upper Iweka or Nkpor Junction by 6:00pm
.. Bros.. These places u mentioned.. I have been there and driven there.. Them no reach volks to iyana iba traffic..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos: Dangers Of Potholes And How To Handle It / Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? / Camry 2.2 Lovers Lounge! Come In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.