Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,177 members, 7,807,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com (63368 Views)

The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria / Coldest States In Nigeria / 10 States In Nigeria Where Pidgin-English Is Most Spoken (written In Pidgin) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by wristbangle: 12:04am On Nov 17, 2016
omoyowa:

you are a liar.....
there is no bus from porthacourt to Ibadan..
.or from any other state minus SW states to Ibadan directly

Don't worry nau, Haba! Shebi afonja be liar this night abi?, I will do my thorough research and get back to u.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by omoyowa: 12:04am On Nov 17, 2016
masseratti:
afonja the great here, let me help you, the name Afonja is as great as the name Julius Caesar in Yoruba land so Quit it, its not derogatory to us, so thank you, we are proud Afonjas unlike people without history, maybe they were apes or savages.
That said now to the topic, i won't mince words, there is vast poverty in Oyo state more than most states in the se except Ebonyi, av being there, all of the states in the south East, but Non is as urban as Oyo state,not to even talk if Ogun state.

Waiting for u, loading slowly.

Julius Caesar never betrayed his people...

unlike the betrayer called Afonja
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by Kfed4ril(m): 12:25am On Nov 17, 2016
lawani:

I cant accept that Anambra has more business strength than Osun. What are they producing there? What is their GDP in Anambra. You cant just say Osun, Cross river, etc have very low business strength when all indicators say GDP per capita is higher in Osun than Anambra! Your notion is wrong. I can sit here and count people employed in Ilesa who are paid up to N2 million per month, maybe 20 people at least. How many in ANAMBRA? Just dont dismiss a state like that. Osun is richer than Anambra. What is Anambra producing? What is the GDP?

Bro who is paying them the 2m monthly? Osun state or? And for you to ask the question that what is anambra producing already show you to be a Stone Age dude living in one village in ibarapa or shaki.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by Cletus77(m): 2:04am On Nov 17, 2016
masseratti:
okay, River state then should be ahead of Akwa Ibom and Anambra. OYO and Ogun state are more Urban that Akwa Ibom and Anambra.
akwa wetin and anamb wetin?
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by Cletus77(m): 2:06am On Nov 17, 2016
omofunaab:

You are the one being economical with the truth or maybe you are just ignorant like others

I said ogun has four international stadium, am i wrong?
I said ogun has the highest number of public tertiary institutions, am i wrong?
I said ogun has the highest number of private tertiary institutions, am i also wrong with that?

Please i only entertain reasonable arguments

You said the industries in ogun doesn't produce for ogun alone, did i tell you the industries in ogun state should produce for only ogun state?
The fact that they are in ogun State is what am talking about

And what is the rubbish you people have been saying that mowe, ibafo are lagos extensions

Are you guys ignorant or what.

The question i will ask you is that if really mowe, ibafo are ogun state towns. ?

It's not my fault that anambra is far from lagos.

You should read the factors that leads to localization of industries and tell me the benefits of localization of industries to the host community , maybe then you will understand why I said those areas are urban areas.

The fact is most of you don't know the benefit of locating industries in some areas to the host community.

Besides I don't understand why abia is before oyo state.. Even enugu is not even there
so ogun should be first in your mind?
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by scholes0(m): 4:20am On Nov 17, 2016
Abagworo:
This list is faulty. Lagos position is unarguable but 2nd on that list should be Anambra. 3rd should be Imo and 4th Rivers State. When you check the population density if these States you won't help but acknowledge that fact. Oyo despite having the 3rd largest city and 9th largest city is full of empty land. I will do a bit of google earth to give a hint instead of mere assumption.

And Ekiti has a higher population density than Ogun.
Yet The former can not be said to be more urban than the latter.
Your analysis is completely faulty.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by lawani: 4:36am On Nov 17, 2016
Kfed4ril:

Bro who is paying them the 2m monthly? Osun state or? And for you to ask the question that what is anambra producing already show you to be a Stone Age dude living in one village in ibarapa or shaki.

You are the deluded person always making things up not me. In Ilesa alone, there are employees of IB Plc, Olashore International School and hotels, Saro Agro sciences who are paid over 2 million a month. They have elderly expatriates who are Europeans. IB Plc and Saro are world class companies that have been written about on Reuters, Bloomberg and etc. I am not talking of state commissioners now but people in the private sector. In Ile Ife, the VC of the private university must be paid more than a million naira a month and etc. That is how you measure, dont just make wild statements.

I am not saying Anambra is not producing but what are they producing that ranks them higher than Osun or that gives them more money? That is the issue. All indicators show that Osun is richer, more urbanized and etc than Anambra at least for now.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by MrPRevailer(m): 5:37am On Nov 17, 2016
MyGeneration:
What a stup1d list.... please mods dont tk this to the front page.
How wud delta state be more urbanized dan Rivers state. Or Abia more urbanized dan kaduna nd oyo.
Its funny.

You dont know what you're saying. I've gone to oyo and delta. Delta is more urbanized than oyo.
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by caracas: 5:37am On Nov 17, 2016
sade1994:

Yes I've been there
And I've lived all my life in the south east and south south
U guys should stop lying To us on the internet.
Nonsense
Villages u guys call cities.
Bloody afonja liar.
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by caracas: 5:42am On Nov 17, 2016
masseratti:
my apologies sir, i tot you said they don't load ibadan to ph not vice versa.

That said, we all know that Americans hardly leave their land to other places, same with south Africans, Sw ppl hardly leave their domain to that side, enuf said, think deep why.
For this poo u typed u are the Most ignorant afonja on Planet earth.
Hian ,americans dont travel ,lol
Ignorance of the highest order .
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by zizytd(m): 6:46am On Nov 17, 2016
loshybab:

main reason why my ndigbos find it difficult to go home....#justsaying

Not that, I can stay there for visiting bt living there permanently will be difficult.
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by masseratti: 6:54am On Nov 17, 2016
caracas:

For this poo u typed u are the Most ignorant afonja on Planet earth.
Hian ,americans dont travel ,lol
Ignorance of the highest order .
oh jeez nah am not just the most ignorant afonja am actually the proud Afonja the great, now go back and read slowly my previous post, comprehension seems to be your problem.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by masseratti: 6:57am On Nov 17, 2016
Cletus77:

akwa wetin and anamb wetin?
and what exactly is your point? please, Op said state not city, apart from Uyo tell me any other plron Akwa Ibom that is Urban.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:26am On Nov 17, 2016
Afonjas are really funny, comparing Oyo, Osun to Anambra is hight of madness, and stupidity

Lagos, 6 other states control 90% of cash transactions in Nigeria – CBN

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has said that Lagos and six other states control about 90 per cent of cash transactions in the country. The other states are Rivers, Anambra, Abia, Kano, Ogun and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

CBN Deputy Governor, Operations, Mr. Tunde Lemo, who disclosed this, said  this was the reason why the abovementioned states were been slated for the second phase of the cash-less project billed to kick off on the July 1st.  Acknowledging that there have been and there are still challenges with the cashless project, he said most of them are being resolved.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/lagos-6-other-states-control-90-of-cash-transactions-in-nigeria-cbn/

States that control 90% of Nigeria economy
Lagos
Rivers
Anambra
Abia
Kano
Ogun
FCT

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by lekkie073(m): 7:33am On Nov 17, 2016
post=51102888:

Afonjas are really funny, comparing Oyo, Osun to Anambra is hight of madness, and stupidity

Lagos, 6 other states control 90% of cash transactions in Nigeria – CBN

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has said that Lagos and six other states control about 90 per cent of cash transactions in the country. The other states are Rivers, Anambra, Abia, Kano, Ogun and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

CBN Deputy Governor, Operations, Mr. Tunde Lemo, who disclosed this, said  this was the reason why the abovementioned states were been slated for the second phase of the cash-less project billed to kick off on the July 1st.  Acknowledging that there have been and there are still challenges with the cashless project, he said most of them are being resolved.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/lagos-6-other-states-control-90-of-cash-transactions-in-nigeria-cbn/

States that control 90% of Nigeria economy
Lagos
Rivers
Anambra
Abia
Kano
Ogun
FCT
mr man with the exception of awka nnewi and onitsha, anmabra is more or less a snake infested jungle........

otutu oma

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by Kfed4ril(m): 7:39am On Nov 17, 2016
lawani:

You are the deluded person always making things up not me. In Ilesa alone, there are employees of IB Plc, Olashore International School and hotels, Saro Agro sciences who are paid over 2 million a month. They have elderly expatriates who are Europeans. IB Plc and Saro are world class companies that have been written about on Reuters, Bloomberg and etc. I am not talking of state commissioners now but people in the private sector. In Ile Ife, the VC of the private university must be paid more than a million naira a month and etc. That is how you measure, dont just make wild statements.

I am not saying Anambra is not producing but what are they producing that ranks them higher than Osun or that gives them more money? That is the issue. All indicators show that Osun is richer, more urbanized and etc than Anambra at least for now.

Just two companies that nobody has heard of, chai I pity you. Wake up from your dream.
If so why does osun state owe workers and anambra doesn't.
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by asha80(m): 7:42am On Nov 17, 2016
masseratti:
oh jeez nah am not just the most ignorant afonja am actually the proud Afonja the great, now go back and read slowly my previous post, comprehension seems to be your problem.
ikot ekpene has an urban centre
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:42am On Nov 17, 2016
lekkie073:
mr man with the exception of awka nnewi and onitsha, anmabra is more or less a snake infested jungle.......

otutu oma
grin grin
You are so ignorant, you really need to leave your village, no state in Nigeria is more urbanise than Anambra except Lagos, make enquire from your people who hv been to east, comparing that poverty ravaging state Osun to Anambra shows that your brain is empty
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:44am On Nov 17, 2016
lekkie073:
mr man with the exception of awka nnewi and onitsha, anmabra is more or less a snake infested jungle.......

otutu oma
grin grin
You are so ignorant, you really need to leave your village, no state in Nigeria is more urbanise than Anambra except Lagos, make enquire from your people who hv been to east, comparing that poverty ravaging state Osun to Anambra shows that your brain is empty, Ebonyi is far more developed and vibrant than Osun
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by omofunaab(m): 7:52am On Nov 17, 2016
omoyowa:

you continue typing trash in d name of making a point....
y not save your megabyte for sometin useful....

so,you are trying to compare Ogun and anambra...
you must be high on weed....

what attract people to Ogun state cities...tell me.

Anambra has 3 super major city and not just crowded town....

Onitsha main market attract millions of people on daily bases...

Nnewi also attract millions of people daily..

Then Awka been state capital will always welcome people on daily bases...

Ogun has industries,but how many people visit d state daily...

Lol, you don't have sense

We are talking about urbanization and not population

Anambra has just three major urban areas, Nnewi, onitsha, awka.

Ogun has abeokuta, Ota, ifo, mowe, ibafo, sagamu, ijebu ode, ilaro.

Ogun knew if they spread industries to most areas of the state and also provide infrastructures for them then it will stop migration to the capital.

In anambra's case, most of their industries aren't distributed , they are concentrated majorly in onitsha and Nnewi while awka is the administrative capital with just few industries

So ogun has more urban cities than anambra and thank God you have confirmed it yourself too that anambra has just three major cities

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by lawani: 7:53am On Nov 17, 2016
Kfed4ril:

Just two companies that nobody has heard of, chai I pity you. Wake up from your dream.
If so why does osun state owe workers and anambra doesn't.

you are not interested in big business news, so how will you hear of them? Those are companies where employees are millionaires building 2, 3 houses. If you are not current, you will not hear of them of course but Reuters, Bloomberg, Financial Times and etc write of them and they see them as major companies.

If Osun is organised like Germany, Japan or the UK, they can raise more than 20 billion dollars equivalent a year, as in they can raise money inside Osun that can do more than what 20 billion dollars can do in the USA.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by masseratti: 7:55am On Nov 17, 2016
asha80:
ikot ekpene has an urban centre
is that all? you want to compare that to other urban areas in River state apart from PH? kwantinue.
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by nellyelitz(m): 7:57am On Nov 17, 2016
imagine someone included Abia and omitted other good cities
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by masseratti: 8:00am On Nov 17, 2016
omoyowa:

Julius Caesar never betrayed his people...

unlike the betrayer called Afonja
get your history right, go and read, Afonja never betrayed his people, he rebelled against the Alaafin who told him to go and sack a town under his domain, he couldn't go because a curse has being laid on anyone that sacks the town, he told the king but The king refused and he rebelled, if you don't know history go back

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:00am On Nov 17, 2016
cool cool

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:05am On Nov 17, 2016
grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:18am On Nov 17, 2016
NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS 2010-2015

BANK CREDIT AND DEPOSIT BY STATES IN NIGERIA

Bank credit/deposit in each state may be used as an indicator of the level of activity and well being of operators (households and businesses) in a particular state as it shows what residents are borrowing and the amount deposit in banks

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/report/384

Bank Deposit by states in Nigeria

From the report bank deposit by states in Southeast from 2010-2015

Bank deposit in Anambra state #1'844'434.75
Bank Credit # 258'716.37
Balance #1'585'718.38

Bank deposit in Enugu #1'651'741.09
Bank credit #370'012.75
Balance #1'281'728.59

Bank deposit in Imo # 936'606.57
bank credit #218'853.32
balance #717'753.35

Bank deposit in Abia from #1'031'355.42
bank credit #391'675.25
balance 639'580.17

Bank deposit in Ebonyi #330'841.52
bank credit #93'627.5
balance 237'214.02

Southeast total balance from 2010-2015.

#4'461'997.51
From the report bank deposit by states in Southwest from 2010-2015
excluding nation commercial center

Bank deposit in Oyo #1'617'678.48
bank credit #598'298.6
balance #1'019'379.88

Bank deposit in Ogun #1'204'873.59
bank credit # 558'073.3
balance # 649'800.29

Bank deposit in Ondo #821'901.84
credit #306'621.05
balance #515'280.79

Bank deposit in Osun #648'726.72
credit #417'073.72

Balance #231'653.05

Bank deposit in Ekiti #301'136.23
credit #123,254.46
balance #177,881.77

South west total balance from 2010-2015

#2'593'995.78

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by lekkie073(m): 8:21am On Nov 17, 2016
post=51103354:

grin grin
You are so ignorant, you really need to leave your village, no state in Nigeria is more urbanise than Anambra except Lagos, make enquire from your people who hv been to east, comparing that poverty ravaging state Osun to Anambra shows that your brain is empty, Ebonyi is far more developed and vibrant than Osun
i have been to 30 states within nigeria. i was in anambta for one year. i went to all nooks and crannies of d state and what is ubiquitous are shrines and snakes. how can u call an environment where snakes move about freely an urban settlement. upon all sef to kill d snake na abomination. and u call dat an urban settlement.

ludafmessi!!!!

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by mrjadek01(m): 8:30am On Nov 17, 2016
after Lagos,I will rate Ogun,Oyo,osun,Delta, Niger,anambra before any others state in Nigeria.... thank God,I have been to most of the state in Nigeria.... let start from OGUN STATE,we have abeoukuta ijebu ode,sagamu, sango otta,ibafo,akute,lambe,mowe,etc,with large pollution and industrial..... Oyo state,we have Ibadan, ogbomoso with five local government, d same thing for Oyo town and sarki...OSUN STATE,ilesha,Ife,ede,modakeke,ESA oke... DELTA,warri,asaba,ugheli,etc, NIGER,kontogora,makua,bida,minna,suleja,compare those town with your state capital...these state need to be re created

5 Likes

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:31am On Nov 17, 2016
lekkie073:
i have been to 30 states within nigeria. i was in anambta for one year. i went to all nooks and crannies of d state and what is ubiquitous are shrines and snakes. how can u call an environment where snakes move about freely an urban settlement. upon all sef to kill d snake na abomination. and u call dat an urban settlement.

ludafmessi!!!!
Shut up my friend
I spent 11 yrs in west I left your region 2yrs ago, you served in Awka etiti 2008, I hv been to 6 states in west, Anambra is more urbanise, develop and sustainable than all except Lag, which was developed by all tribes

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by udo001(m): 8:52am On Nov 17, 2016
no kano, no Enugu ,in rivers no oyigbo ,no IMO. you know little or nothing about urbanization and its characteristics
Re: 10 Most Urbanized States In Nigeria - Ovoko.com by asha80(m): 9:14am On Nov 17, 2016
masseratti:
is that all? you want to compare that to other urban areas in River state apart from PH? kwantinue.
eket?oron? Not arguing rivers state..just saying akwa ibom should not surprise you

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' / Crocodile Chops Off Tourist's Leg In A Lake In Uganda (Graphic Pics) / Kaduna Curfew: Driver Attacked For Trying To Save 6 Christian Passengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.