Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,841 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? (2652 Views)

Blogging Or Vlogging: Which Is More Advisable? / Is It Advisable To Use Google Adsense Android App?? / Is It Advisable To Blog With A Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? by Eddodoh(m): 2:56pm On Nov 16, 2016
I have an online store where I sell Sneakers and Wristwatches and there's also a provision for me to blog.

Though I have a blog separately that I am yet to improve design and apply for Google Adsense. I decided posting on the online store recently and some people were of the opinion that it is not good for me to blog on the store as doing that will distract customers who should concentrate on checking items posted on the site.

I want to know If it's better to blog on the eCommerce website/store or focus the write-up on the separate blog.

Please, advice appropriately.

You may wish to visit the store for proper advice www.eddykenworld.com.ng

Thanks
Re: Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? by omokenny94a(m): 4:15pm On Nov 16, 2016
Eddodoh:
I have an online store where I sell Sneakers and Wristwatches and there's also a provision for me to blog.

Though I have a blog separately that I am yet to improve design and apply for Google Adsense. I decided posting on the online store recently and some people were of the opinion that it is not good for me to blog on the store as doing that will distract customers who should concentrate on checking items posted on the site.

I want to know If it's better to blog on the eCommerce website/store or focus the write-up on the separate blog.

Thanks

I don't think it is a bad idea if your blog posts are related to what you sell.
But if your posts are not in any way related to your products then I will take no for an answer.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? by Eddodoh(m): 5:51pm On Nov 16, 2016
omokenny94a:

I don't think it is a bad idea if your blog posts are related to what you sell.
But if your posts are not in any way related to your products then I will take no for an answer.
Thanks.
Sincerely, my posts are not related to what I sell.
Re: Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? by yomalex(m): 6:09pm On Nov 16, 2016
Eddodoh:

Thanks.
Sincerely, my posts are not related to what I sell.
It MUST be related to what you sell probably reviews of the items which you now redirect the customers to the items on the store.
Re: Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? by cheavroi(m): 7:22pm On Nov 16, 2016
Yes, if you want to rank your online store for whatever keywords you choose, you got to blog on your online store.

The major challenge of course will be

1. What guidelines should I follow
2. What should I blog about so that I meet my business objective.

You see where am going with this. Having a blog is a necessity but what you do with it is the ultimate game changer
Re: Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? by Eddodoh(m): 8:15pm On Nov 16, 2016
Waoh!!! I think I have lots of work to do.
Re: Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? by incredible6(m): 6:40am On Nov 17, 2016
Not a bad idea
Re: Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 17, 2016
Simply create a blog on the store sub folder ,so that you have it this way http://eddykenworld.com.ng/blog

you can post or blog on anything related to your store there

Eddodoh:

Thanks
Re: Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? by markbenny(m): 6:59am On Nov 17, 2016
Yes.

The power in marketing is in the list, unless you do not build a list of customers or potential. Write honest reviews about selected products in your store periodically and send out, you can also send out current trends or gist in relation to your store.

Don't just bore the life out of your readers

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? by emmalexdboy(m): 7:33am On Nov 17, 2016
Re: Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? by olatpic(m): 7:47am On Nov 17, 2016
yomalex:
It MUST be related to what you sell probably reviews of the items which you now redirect the customers to the items on the store.

I will go with this suggestion..

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? by dav8id(m): 7:57am On Nov 17, 2016
Yes it's

Not just online but any website of yours, blogging and redirect traffic to your blog
Re: Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 17, 2016
gadgetsngs:
Simply create a blog on the store sub folder ,so that you have it this way http://eddykenworld.com.ng/blog

you can post or blog on anything related to your store there
He has done that already.

-----
It is not a bad idea man. But make sure your posts are not only related to your store, but also promoting your products (indirectly).
Re: Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? by nenergy(m): 8:25am On Nov 17, 2016
blog.eddykenworld.com.ng is more professional than eddykenworld.com.ng/blog Don't ask me why? grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? by pchukwudi: 8:49am On Nov 17, 2016
I don't think that's true. Subdomain blogging may have its advantages but professionslism is not one of them. And from store Seo/Branding perspective I think subfolder blogging is better than that of subdomain.

nenergy:
blog.eddykenworld.com.ng is more professional than eddykenworld.com.ng/blog Don't ask me why? grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? by hostkobo(m): 9:24am On Nov 17, 2016
Eddodoh:

Thanks

If you are blogging about what you sell, then the blog can be part of the e-shop.

In this post: http://eddykenworld.com.ng/post/7FeaturesYouShouldLookForInAPairof-MensLong-WalkandJoggingSneakers

your images should have linked back to your shop.

But if you are blogging about another niche altogether, its better to go for another blog alltogether.

regards
HK
Re: Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? by Eddodoh(m): 11:03am On Nov 17, 2016
hostkobo:

If you are blogging about what you sell, then the blog can be part of the e-shop.

In this post: http://eddykenworld.com.ng/post/7FeaturesYouShouldLookForInAPairof-MensLong-WalkandJoggingSneakers

your images should have linked back to your shop.

But if you are blogging about another niche altogether, its better to go for another blog alltogether.

regards
HK
Thanks so much. I will ensure that I link it to the shop. What I posted on the blog initially was something much different from the shop and its items but I deleted it as soon as I got some suggestions here and wrote the present post.

Thanks to y'all and the mod that push this post to front page.
Re: Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? by registration(m): 11:34am On Nov 17, 2016
Well from my own perspective, You can blog on that same website. Just make sure most of your blog post are relating to what you sell in your store. And also you try to make references to the products you have in your store..... like the hyperlinks and all - Click here to view, stuffs like that I think.
Re: Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? by Mobsync(m): 1:47pm On Nov 17, 2016
Eddodoh:

Thanks

It is a very good idea. Just make sure it's related to sneakers and wristwatches (including brands you don not sell). In fact, if you can lay your hands on what people are searching for and write blog posts on that line, you'll get good google rankings. Selling and blogging on the same page is very good for seo.
Re: Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? by Berrypie(f): 3:37pm On Nov 17, 2016
no
Re: Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? by Eddodoh(m): 4:36pm On Nov 17, 2016
Mobsync:

It is a very good idea. Just make sure it's related to sneakers and wristwatches (including brands you don not sell). In fact, if you can lay your hands on what people are searching for and write blog posts on that line, you'll get good google rankings. Selling and blogging on the same page is very good for seo.
I really appreciate
Re: Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? by nenergy(m): 6:17pm On Nov 17, 2016
pchukwudi:
I don't think that's true. Subdomain blogging may have its advantages but professionslism is not one of them. And from store Seo/Branding perspective I think subfolder blogging is better than that of subdomain.

Ok, check out major players in media, Ecommerce and technology, they use subdomains. With a sub-domain, your blog can have a personality of its own. See radar.techcabal.com I visit there a lot, but don't even bother checking techcabal.com
Re: Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? by Mobsync(m): 6:22pm On Nov 17, 2016
Eddodoh:

I really appreciate

You are welcome.
Re: Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? by pchukwudi: 6:53pm On Nov 17, 2016
Techcabal is a media outlet. It's not an eCommerce store. And the fact that they do that does not make it better.

nenergy:

Ok, check out major players in media, Ecommerce and technology, they use subdomains. With a sub-domain, your blog can have a personality of its own. See radar.techcabal.com I visit there a lot, but don't even bother checking techcabal.com
Re: Is It Advisable To Blog On An Online Store? by nenergy(m): 8:22pm On Nov 17, 2016
pchukwudi:
Techcabal is a media outlet. It's not an eCommerce store. And the fact that they do that does not make it better.

Read my post again. I mentioned Ecommerce, media and technology. You know what? Let's forgerrit. Each with his own preference.

(1) (Reply)

How Create A Tvseries Website Like 02tvseries Easily / General PHP / Database Using Php & Mysql & Xml Q & A Section / Who Knw Nairaland Simple Machine Forum Themes And Mod

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.