Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency (22510 Views)

How Jonathan’s Government, PDP Tried To Manipulate 2015 Elections – Jega / Aisha Alhassan Spent N12 Million To Inspect Ghost Projects - Premium Times / "Jonathan Government Was Greedocracy, Today, We Have Criminocracy" – Dino Melaye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by sarrki(m): 4:57am On Nov 17, 2016
ABUJA—There appears to be no end to the accusation and criticisms of fraud against the government of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan by the present administration as the Presidency, yesterday, lashed out at it, saying it awarded deceitful and ghost projects that were not funded.

The Presidency, however, said the government of President Muhammadu Buhari was speeding up ongoing projects and investing heavily in the construction and repairs of highways, railways and power generating plants across the country.

It said that N750 billion had been released for capital projects in the last five months and that counterpart funds for the take-off of the $11 billion Kano-Lagos rail project had been paid. The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, made the revelation in an interview program on Express Radio in Kano on Tuesday.

He said the administration had chosen to fast track projects related to infrastructure in order to pump money into the economy as a way of pulling the economy out of recession. He said a number of projects existing on paper are now being activated, citing the Kano-Katsina dual road project as an example of what he called “deceitful and ghost projects now being given life.” He said: “Kano-Katsina dual highway was awarded three years ago by the last administration.

‘’They didn’t pay a kobo for its start-up. President Buhari just paid money for the first tranche of 75 kilometers and work has begun apace.” Garba explained that infrastructure was key in the country’s economic and industrial take-off, saying, “without infrastructure, the country will not witness growth.

” On the resurgence of militancy and pipeline vandalism in the Niger Delta, the presidential spokesman appealed to militants to maintain peace in the region as the President sought a permanent solution to the problems that were worrisome to every citizen. “We must keep national interest above all else and give priority to eschewing violence and destruction,” he stated.

He, however, expressed regret that despite its good faith in pursuing dialogue with Niger Delta stakeholders, the militant groups had not reciprocated government’s gesture in finding peaceful and lasting solution to the crisis in the oil producing areas of Nigeria.

“Despite the government’s practical demonstration of goodwill by bringing the parties or stakeholders to the round table, the militant groups have continued to blow up national economic assets,” he said.

Shehu further submitted that continued destruction of oil installations, including those repaired, had caused a serious setback to the economic agenda of the government, causing enormous hardships on innocent Nigerians on account of declining oil production output and massive losses of revenues.

He said the unfortunate development would in turn affect the ability of governments at all levels to meet their basic obligations, including payment of salaries.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/jonathans-govt-awarded-deceitful-ghost-projects-presidency/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by Nobody: 5:04am On Nov 17, 2016
GEJ belongs to prison. He is a disgrace to southern Nigeria

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by Amazondepth(m): 5:10am On Nov 17, 2016
I imagine by now these people should have known Nigerians are not so keen on blaming the past administration.20months ago we weren't this terrible in terms of all indices of existence. Please and please, this APC led govt should focus on delivering on its own promises or quit the stage. We r just tired.

259 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by aare07(m): 5:11am On Nov 17, 2016
T
Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by dunkem21(m): 5:12am On Nov 17, 2016
We ain't interested cheesy

125 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by sarrki(m): 5:15am On Nov 17, 2016
A lot of guys are getting it wrong

This is not blame game it's about setting the record straight

Enugu - onitsha is part of the deceit

Second Niger bridge is also part of it

The rail lines is not left out

Gem should apologize to all Nigeria living and hero past

He failed woefully

53 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by Nobody: 5:17am On Nov 17, 2016
sarrki:

He failed woefully

Let Grandpa Buhari do his part and leave the rest.

We don tire for all these blame games.

228 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by Rilwayne001: 5:20am On Nov 17, 2016
Jonathan this, Jonathan that! We voted you to clear Jonathan's mess, why lamenting about him for the past 1year now?

Stupid government, get to work already and stop blaming the ineffectual buffoon. angry sad

130 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by sarrki(m): 5:20am On Nov 17, 2016
dearpreye:

Let's Grandpa Buhari do his part and leave the rest.

Baba is definitely doing is best

Also trying to set the record straight

That Gej failed woefully

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by dunkem21(m): 5:22am On Nov 17, 2016
dearpreye:

Let's Grandpa Buhari do his part and leave the rest.

He has done his part - Blaming cool

159 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by Firefire(m): 5:23am On Nov 17, 2016
This Useless Goverment still trading blame? embarassed

SMH

“Blaming others is an act of refusing to take responsibility. When a person can’t accept the fact or the reality, they blamed another person or the situation instead of taking accountability.”
Dee Dee Artner

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by sarrki(m): 5:23am On Nov 17, 2016
Rilwayne001:
Jonathan this, Jonathan that! We voted you to clear Jonathan's mess, why lamenting about him for the past 1year now?

Stupid government, get to work already. angry sad

Did I ear you say you vote for him ?

Work is going on already

It's just to remind Nigerians how Gej damaged the whole system

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by Rilwayne001: 5:24am On Nov 17, 2016
sarrki:

That Gej failed woefully

We are not disputing that, but isn't it high time this silly government started working and stop blaming the past administration

It's like, na curse this Buhari want. sad angry

30 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by dunkem21(m): 5:24am On Nov 17, 2016

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by Firefire(m): 5:28am On Nov 17, 2016
sarrki:

Baba is definitely doing is best

Also trying to set the record straight

That Gej failed woefully

Only those alive will remember the useless records this 'Super Clueless' government is setting straight.

Nigerians are dying daily of starvation and hunger.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by Rilwayne001: 5:30am On Nov 17, 2016
sarrki:

Yes, I voted for him in a damn scorching sun last year March. My thought was that this old clown will turn the tide towards a better and goal oriented Nigeria, alas i was deluded. undecided

Work is going on already

I will like to know those works because I'm not feeling anything from this government except for blame game and arresting corrupt oppositions whilst neglecting the corrupt ones in his party. This is contrary to what he promised and that we expected.

Reminding us doesn't change anything, we just need to forget the past and focus on the present to achieve a better future, this useless government is not interested in the future at all.. Smh sad cry

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by Firefire(m): 5:31am On Nov 17, 2016
dunkem21:

I thought they resolved to start taking responsibility since last month?

The ediots will not take any responsibility, they have nothing to offer.

To appear relevant, they have to continue to pass bucks until 2019.

Goverment of 'Promise and Fail'

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by Sibrah: 5:32am On Nov 17, 2016
Amazondepth:
I imagine by now these people should have known Nigerians are not so keen on blaming the past administration.20months ago we weren't this terrible in terms of all indices of existence. Please and please, this APC led govt should focus on delivering on its own promises or quit the stage. We r just tired.

dearpreye:

Let Grandpa Buhari do his part and leave the rest.

With far less than half the resource available to GEJ grandpa is doing his part well. Grandpa is just pointing out some of the pitfalls GEJ programmed against his govt that's eating up the much needed capital.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by Sibrah: 5:34am On Nov 17, 2016
Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by IVORY2009(m): 5:38am On Nov 17, 2016
sarrki:

He failed woefully

Bro.... I am sorry to say this, most of ur defense usually don't make sense, 20 months after? The blame game still continues? Haba mallam!!

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by sarrki(m): 5:41am On Nov 17, 2016
[quote author=Rilwayne001 post=51101051]

Yes, I voted for him in a damn scorching sun last year March. My thought was that this old clown will turn the tide towards a better and goal oriented Nigeria, alas i was deluded. undecided

I will like to know those works because I'm not feeling anything from this government except for blame game and arresting corrupt oppositions whilst neglecting the corrupt ones in his party. This is contrary to what he promised and that we expected.

My bro

Oweto - Abuja expressway

Kashimbilla hydro dam

Sagamu - ore expressway

Ogbomosho -Oyo expressway

Lagos - Ibadan expressway

Ilorin -kaduna expressway

Second Niger bridge

Enugu - onitsha

The solar source of energy ongoing in Kaduna, katsina, sokoto and jigawa

To mention but few

So if you don't see anything then I wonder my bro

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by Sibrah: 5:41am On Nov 17, 2016
sarrki:

Work is going on already

You dey mind those vile wailers? Didn't GEJ govt too highlight the error of past govt even with all the oil windfall then? They expect Buhari to keep quiet and absorb the flaws of GEJ silently. Why award a cöntract on paper without paying for it. Why owe farmers fertilizer? Why, why ehn GEJ?
Most of those vile wailers are just afraid of the truth coming out to hurt their hero's reputation.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by Blue3k(m): 5:41am On Nov 17, 2016
Doesn't national assembly control the funds and Jonathan exuactives the orders. Why are they making it seem like he hand picks the projects. Don't they have ministers for that. I don't know maybe Jonathan did do shady deals but what ever.

Just like his wife the administration and media wales about it. They won't take actions to charge them or anything. Assembly isn't trying to reduce powers so it's nothing. It feels more like blame game to distract since no solutions are being brought. I do like how Buhari seems to be doing some worth while projects.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by sarrki(m): 5:43am On Nov 17, 2016
Sibrah:
You dey mind those vile wailers? Didn't GEJ govt too highlight the error of past govt even with all the oil windfall then? They expect Buhari to keep quiet and absorb the flaws of GEJ silently. Why award a cöntract on paper without paying for it. Why owe farmers fertilizer? Why, why ehn GEJ?

Thank you

They turn blind eyes to Jonathan mistakes

But quick to judge baba

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by stinggy(m): 5:44am On Nov 17, 2016
We are tired of the same old stories, it's almost 2 years already. Award your own projects. Id!ots.. undecided

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by sarrki(m): 5:46am On Nov 17, 2016
stinggy:
We are tired of the same old stories, it's almost 2 years already. Award your own projects. Id!ots.. undecided

My bro

Oweto - Abuja expressway

Kashimbilla hydro dam

Sagamu - ore expressway

Second Niger bridge

Enugu - onitsha

To mention but few
Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by chimerase2: 5:52am On Nov 17, 2016
sarrki:

Work is going on already

Wich of h work I going on an wia is the work can u show me undecided

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by sarrki(m): 5:57am On Nov 17, 2016
chimerase2:
Wich of h work I going on an wia is the work can u show me undecided

Read the thread once again

But this time gently
Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by stinggy(m): 5:58am On Nov 17, 2016
sarrki:

My bro

Oweto - Abuja expressway

Kashimbilla hydro dam

Sagamu - ore expressway

Second Niger bridge

Enugu - onitsha

To mention but few

You can't go on complaining when it is almost 2 years. Face what you were elected for and stop whining. You were voted in to change/correct the anomaly, not to complain at any chance you get.

Ogbomosho - Oyo expressway is the one that touches me most but when I saw its expected completion date, I knew it will not be completed before 2019 election and it will be used for campaign purposes. I may be wrong, I sincerely pray I am.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by HtwoOw: 5:59am On Nov 17, 2016
The worst criminal ever

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

The only person who made hundreds of trillions of profit but did not have a Trillion in savings

Shame

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by Sibrah: 6:02am On Nov 17, 2016
Firefire:

The ediots will not take any responsibility, they have nothing to offer.
To appear relevant, they have to continue to pass bucks until 2019.
Goverment of 'Promise and Fail'

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency by dunkem21(m): 6:04am On Nov 17, 2016
Fear dey catch person to talk o cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ambode Presents 4 Mobile CCTV Cameras & 4 Back Up Cars To RRS (Pics) / Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode / "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.