Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,291 members, 7,780,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:21 PM

Vermiculture: Is There A Worm Farm In Lagos? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Vermiculture: Is There A Worm Farm In Lagos? (4467 Views)

Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) / Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vermiculture: Is There A Worm Farm In Lagos? by chicwoman(f): 9:28am On Nov 17, 2016
I would like to purchase worms to get started on my worm farm (red wigglers) to be precise.
Is there anyplace I can get it here?
I appreciate your response.
Re: Vermiculture: Is There A Worm Farm In Lagos? by annunaki2(m): 10:24am On Nov 17, 2016
Worm farm ke Do people eat worms undecided or what's the purpose of farming worms
Re: Vermiculture: Is There A Worm Farm In Lagos? by Pavore9: 10:49am On Nov 17, 2016
annunaki2:
Worm farm ke Do people eat worms undecided or what's the purpose of farming worms

For organic fertilizer. A kilo of earthworm is sold for as much as $40. If l am in Nigeria, l should be making nothing less than N500,000 monthly from farming worms within a plot of land! cool

1 Like

Re: Vermiculture: Is There A Worm Farm In Lagos? by Baroba(m): 11:46am On Nov 17, 2016
Pavore9:

For organic fertilizer. A kilo of earthworm is sold for as much as $40. If l am in Nigeria, l should be making nothing less than N500,000 monthly from farming worms within a plot of land! cool

500k might be a bit far fetched nna, for something Nigerians have no knowledge off..

2 Likes

Re: Vermiculture: Is There A Worm Farm In Lagos? by Pavore9: 12:23pm On Nov 17, 2016
Baroba:

500k might be a bit far fetched nna, for something Nigerians have no knowledge off..

A commercial earthworm farm can yield 4 products-

1. Selling earthworms (I have expatriate contacts living on Lagos Island who are anglers and they buy earthworms) also selling to those who want to start a worm farm like the OP.

2. Vermiliquid

3. Bagging vermicompost in 5kg/10kg sacks.

4. On-site training.

I have some kenyan worm farmers who have been asking me how they can send down litres of Vermiliquid to Nigeria as there are getting interests from Nigeria.

When l give you a FREE litre of vermiliquid to go test out in your vegetable garden and you see the difference in output, you will be happy to pay me for the next litre and will be comfortable in spreading its efficacy to others. grin

2 Likes

Re: Vermiculture: Is There A Worm Farm In Lagos? by annunaki2(m): 2:45pm On Nov 17, 2016
What's vermiliquid
Re: Vermiculture: Is There A Worm Farm In Lagos? by chicwoman(f): 3:07pm On Jan 12, 2017
Pavore, do you know where I can get here in Nigeria?
Pavore9:

Re: Vermiculture: Is There A Worm Farm In Lagos? by chriswu(m): 9:40pm On Jan 12, 2017
Worm farming is a but tricky. I have 3 worm buckets. I am using Tiger worms and nd redworms. Pretty good appetite but they don't produce vermicompost as fast as the Internet claims lol
Re: Vermiculture: Is There A Worm Farm In Lagos? by chicwoman(f): 9:55pm On Jan 24, 2017
I'm really interested in this Pavore, I'd love to cultivate it here for my farm.
How can I get it?
Thanks for offering
Pavore9:

1. Selling earthworms (I have expatriate contacts living on Lagos Island who are anglers and they buy earthworms) also selling to those who want to start a worm farm like the OP.

2. Vermiliquid

4. On-site training.

I have some kenyan worm farmers who have been asking me how they can send down litres of Vermiliquid to Nigeria as there are getting interests from Nigeria.

When l give you a FREE litre of vermiliquid to go test out in your vegetable garden and you see the difference in output, you will be happy to pay me for the next litre and will be comfortable in spreading its efficacy to others. grin
Re: Vermiculture: Is There A Worm Farm In Lagos? by chicwoman(f): 9:56pm On Jan 24, 2017
Hello, do you have here in Nigeria? Mind selling some to me?
chriswu:
Worm farming is a but tricky. I have 3 worm buckets. I am using Tiger worms and nd redworms. Pretty good appetite but they don't produce vermicompost as fast as the Internet claims lol
Re: Vermiculture: Is There A Worm Farm In Lagos? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 24, 2017
Worms give more than what is highlighted.

As a Biotech student i can tutor you on how to start your farm.. Busy with my ICT skills so i aint running it but its no big deal to get large quantities on worms regularly...
Re: Vermiculture: Is There A Worm Farm In Lagos? by mima247(f): 9:22pm On Feb 23, 2017
Interested old Mima247@yahoo.co.uk.pls pm me
Re: Vermiculture: Is There A Worm Farm In Lagos? by mfm04622: 10:20pm On Feb 23, 2017
chriswu:

Which is better? Can I get from you?
Thank you
Re: Vermiculture: Is There A Worm Farm In Lagos? by markcute: 11:37am On Feb 24, 2017
I m interested,pls pm me on emmaimafidon70@gmail.com
Re: Vermiculture: Is There A Worm Farm In Lagos? by pat077: 4:29pm On Feb 24, 2017
How do I rear worms?
Re: Vermiculture: Is There A Worm Farm In Lagos? by gmcln(m): 1:37am On Feb 25, 2017
Go to pinterest.com. log on with your Facebook account.
search for "Worm farming" or "vermiculite"
Re: Vermiculture: Is There A Worm Farm In Lagos? by chriswu(m): 9:49am On May 17, 2017
chicwoman:
Hello, do you have here in Nigeria? Mind selling some to me?
Hello Chicwoman. i would have if i was in Nigeria though. Will try to bring it on a trip home and see how that pans out but if one makes a trap bucket you might be able to get some. FIll up and inverted bucket with food and holes on the side. place it down and place a stone on it in a damp area in a farm which hasnt had fertilizer applied to it and you will get a good number of worms.

1 Like

Re: Vermiculture: Is There A Worm Farm In Lagos? by chriswu(m): 9:51am On May 17, 2017
both very similar. unfortunately i am not in Nigeria. Follow the idea i gave chicwoman and work with the worms present in Nigeria. thats the better option.
mfm04622:

Which is better? Can I get from you?
Thank you
Re: Vermiculture: Is There A Worm Farm In Lagos? by mfm04622: 10:21am On May 17, 2017
chriswu:
both very similar. unfortunately i am not in Nigeria. Follow the idea i gave chicwoman and work with the worms present in Nigeria. thats the better option.

Thanks
Re: Vermiculture: Is There A Worm Farm In Lagos? by chicwoman(f): 12:19pm On May 17, 2017
Thank you so much for this idea
I will try it and update you on the results
chriswu:
Hello Chicwoman. i would have if i was in Nigeria though. Will try to bring it on a trip home and see how that pans out but if one makes a trap bucket you might be able to get some. FIll up and inverted bucket with food and holes on the side. place it down and place a stone on it in a damp area in a farm which hasnt had fertilizer applied to it and you will get a good number of worms.

1 Like

Re: Vermiculture: Is There A Worm Farm In Lagos? by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 17, 2017
I'm interested in this worm farm parol
Re: Vermiculture: Is There A Worm Farm In Lagos? by bosunjohns(m): 5:34pm On Jul 25, 2019
Pavore9:

2. Vermiliquid

4. On-site training.

Awesome!
Re: Vermiculture: Is There A Worm Farm In Lagos? by africanman85: 12:57pm On Dec 18, 2020
chriswu:
How can I sell it in Nigeria after farming?

(1) (Reply)

Investing In Agriculture - Important Facts To Know / Wao!!! So We Have Albino Animals? (pictures) / Ugu Farmers: Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.