Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Boss To Staff Relationship; The Opportunist - Bamisepeters' Blog - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Boss To Staff Relationship; The Opportunist - Bamisepeters' Blog (6445 Views)

Scary Times For Banks Temporary Staff - GT Bank Letter To Staff / Boss To Staff Relationship: THE FREE - bamisepeters' blog / Boss To Staff Relationship; The Strict - Bamisepeters' Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boss To Staff Relationship; The Opportunist - Bamisepeters' Blog by bamisepeters(m): 9:37am On Nov 17, 2016
The last of the kinds of boss in the universe. This is the worst of all the bosses in all ramifications as it can kill any serious business.

This kind of boss takes advantage of the situation in a particular environment.

We have so many organizations in this part of the continent where graduates are hired for jobs where they should earn enough, instead, they get peanut every day or month after hard labour.

The labourers can even be proud to declare their earnings meanwhile, a graduate working for this kind of boss cannot even pronounce the name of the organization he/she is working for.

Even when they are passionate about the job, the condition, pressure attached to the job is enough to push out the passion coupled with bad wages or salary and no incentives.

For example, as expected, someone working in a telecommunication company should be entitled to some minutes of airtime given for a particular period by the company.

So far this kind of companies knows there are no job and government policies are not top notch, they take advantage of these to give bad offers to graduates which those graduates will still find manageable due to the condition with hope that better one will come, yet, there will be no time for them to even apply to other ones as all their time will be consumed by the one they claim to be managing.

Apart from the above, this kind of boss is common among male bosses, they take advantage of the opposite sex due to the fact that they are the boss.

In this case who should we blame, the pressurer or the pressured?

Personally, i cannot blame the subject for succumbing to the pressure mounted by the boss for a sexual relationship to keep her job when we know it is an herculean task to get another.

Well, we can say she lacks faith but do you think it is easy for someone who cruises around in a car to start trekking?

It is good to reject the pressure, in fact, some women do, but i must confess it is not easy and kudos to those faithful ladies.

Bosses in this category are those who are over protective of their female offspring, in fact, they don't pray to have daughter(s) because of the way they threat other ladies.

This kind of bosses do not mind losing best hands for quacks just because of sexual pleasures.

The bad thing is that at the long run, the female still lose because the boss will always want to eat different delicacies.
If you are in this category, it is advisable you let this change affect you for better as you are killing your business, home and future gradually.

You claim you are professional, yet, you hire because of what you see in a particular lady that will favour just you not minding the desired qualities needed to move the business forward.

You might think you are enjoying, the fact is you are throwing stones ahead which you will still be the one to step on.

Source: http://bamisepeters..com.ng/2016/11/boss-to-staff-relationship-opportunist.html

4 Likes

Re: Boss To Staff Relationship; The Opportunist - Bamisepeters' Blog by bamisepeters(m): 9:43am On Nov 17, 2016
Re: Boss To Staff Relationship; The Opportunist - Bamisepeters' Blog by PhatBG(m): 8:41am On Nov 19, 2016
Be your own boss, that's what's up.

Check my signature.

1 Like

Re: Boss To Staff Relationship; The Opportunist - Bamisepeters' Blog by TINALETC3(f): 8:42am On Nov 19, 2016
Well, I hv bin in such situations,even though I ws a"JJC" in lagos den, bt I wsnt brought up dat way, I ws later fired, Tnx 2 God now, Bc nxt year, am actually going to be a"boss", ladies, dere is a reason 4 everything, dnt sell urself Bc u think u dnt hv choice, u actually do and God wl reward u 4 dat

3 Likes

Re: Boss To Staff Relationship; The Opportunist - Bamisepeters' Blog by truthspeaks: 8:42am On Nov 19, 2016
Ok
Re: Boss To Staff Relationship; The Opportunist - Bamisepeters' Blog by Diplomaticbeing(m): 8:43am On Nov 19, 2016
One who doesn't believe in something will always fall for anything. The world is made up of 99 percent opportunists and only 1 percent of altruists.

Altruists live on principle, while opportunists live on expediency.

Opportunists are of two classes:

- Leechlike opportunist

- Predaceous oopportunist

The unfortunate thing is that the leechlike opportunist (employee) will always lose to a predaceous opportunist (employer/boss).

A good product - when aggressively and effectively marketed - will always sell itself. You the employee, let your boss respect and love you based on your efficiency/expertise on the service you provide. Stop showing and needing unnecessary familiarity with favouritism intent. Don't make yourself a servile to your boss/organization instead make yourself a loyal, dedicated and faithful staff and every other thing good will come your way. Greed and conceitedness will always fail you in the end.

Enough of employees victimization cries. Many a time, they are the main architects of their own misfortunes.

9 Likes

Re: Boss To Staff Relationship; The Opportunist - Bamisepeters' Blog by Adeevah(m): 8:44am On Nov 19, 2016
Ok
Re: Boss To Staff Relationship; The Opportunist - Bamisepeters' Blog by celibate: 8:45am On Nov 19, 2016
Should be symbiotic.
Re: Boss To Staff Relationship; The Opportunist - Bamisepeters' Blog by Ayo25: 8:49am On Nov 19, 2016
y
Re: Boss To Staff Relationship; The Opportunist - Bamisepeters' Blog by eshot0: 9:03am On Nov 19, 2016
OP nice write up
Re: Boss To Staff Relationship; The Opportunist - Bamisepeters' Blog by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 19, 2016
All I can is blame GEJ for the issues raised

1 Like

Re: Boss To Staff Relationship; The Opportunist - Bamisepeters' Blog by tosyne2much(m): 9:04am On Nov 19, 2016
Nice one Peter cool
Re: Boss To Staff Relationship; The Opportunist - Bamisepeters' Blog by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 19, 2016
Women ate only good for banging - Donald Trump
Re: Boss To Staff Relationship; The Opportunist - Bamisepeters' Blog by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 19, 2016
Diplomaticbeing:
One who doesn't believe in something will always fall for anything.

The world is made up of 99 percent opportunists and only 1 percent of altruists.

- Leechlike opportunist

The unfortunate thing is that the Leechlike opportunist (employee) will always lose to a Predaceous opportunist (employer/boss).

A good product - when aggressively and effectively marketed will always sell itself. You the employee, let your boss respect and love you based on the efficiency of the expertise you provide. Stop showing and needing unnecessary familiarity with favouritism intent. Don't make yourself a servile to your boss/organization instead make yourself a loyal, dedicated and faithful staff and every other thing good will come your way. Greed and conceitedness will always fail you in the end.

Enough of employees victimization cries. Many a time, they are the main architects of their own misfortunes.

Is my ex boss on Nairaland? lol
This is exactly the same advice my ex boss gave me (as a Trainee) when he joined the organization. He knew from the outset that he wasn't going to stay for long. Advised me to shun office politics and ass-licking, and admonished me to know my onions. That I should let people respect me for my skills and expertise. Although, he said people who follow this path are not seen as 'company man' and don't climb up the corporate ladder faster.
But who cares? All I care about is developing my technical skills as my ex boss advised. If I will become a manager or not, it is up to fate.
I'm strictly a technical guy by the way.
No time for ass licking and playing office politics for favouritism intent.
God bless my ex boss!
"Don't pick a job; pick a boss! "

1 Like

Re: Boss To Staff Relationship; The Opportunist - Bamisepeters' Blog by Diplomaticbeing(m): 9:37am On Nov 19, 2016
ColonelDrake:

Is my ex boss on Nairaland? lol
This is exactly the same advice my ex boss gave me (as a Trainee) when he joined the organization. He knew from the outset that he wasn't going to stay for long. Advised me to shun office politics and ass-licking, and admonished me to know my onions. That I should let people respect me for my skills and expertise. Although, he said people who follow this path are not seen as 'company man' and don't climb up the corporate ladder faster.
But who cares? All I care about is developing my technical skills as my boss advised. If I will become a manager or not, it is up to fate.
No time for ass licking and playing office politics for favouritism intent.

Your referenced ex-boss must sure be an altruist. . . . Kudos to him. There's a potent saying "manipulators lose credibility diplomats gain it." This saying is very potent I say. Here let me liken an altruist to powerful person and compared to a popular person; the crowd will always admire a popular person but in the end they would follow a powerful person. No wonder popular candidates in elections hardly emerges victorious against their powerful/influential opponents.

The fact remains that no sane and sound boss would intentionally retrench a personnel who's an asset to his organization. So, in the long run an altruist will always win and lead against an opportunist.

3 Likes

Re: Boss To Staff Relationship; The Opportunist - Bamisepeters' Blog by Dymaco(m): 10:15am On Nov 19, 2016
wat of those female boss that forces u to sex. y only men boss that we use to relate sex escapede with

1 Like

Re: Boss To Staff Relationship; The Opportunist - Bamisepeters' Blog by Montaque(m): 10:23am On Nov 19, 2016
Most employers are opportunists. Even when you give your best, you get treated unfavourably. The best any employee can pray for is an inspiring boss, someone who is professional with staff, so that by the time u are moving on, u will have enough experience to stand alone. But most employers dread that, most want to keep ur wings perpetually clipped.
Nigerian employees hold a shorter end of the bargaining stick, due to gross unemployment.
Re: Boss To Staff Relationship; The Opportunist - Bamisepeters' Blog by mobilitaria: 10:25am On Nov 19, 2016
Oh K
Re: Boss To Staff Relationship; The Opportunist - Bamisepeters' Blog by harkynon(m): 10:36am On Nov 19, 2016
TINALETC3:
Well, I hv bin in such situations,even though I ws a"JJC" in lagos den, bt I wsnt brought up dat way, I ws later fired, Tnx 2 God now, Bc nxt year, am actually going to be a"boss", ladies, dere is a reason 4 everything, dnt sell urself Bc u think u dnt hv choice, u actually do and God wl reward u 4 dat

What's your selling point
Re: Boss To Staff Relationship; The Opportunist - Bamisepeters' Blog by eezeribe(m): 11:40am On Nov 19, 2016
OK
Re: Boss To Staff Relationship; The Opportunist - Bamisepeters' Blog by bamisepeters(m): 2:51pm On Nov 19, 2016
Diplomaticbeing:
One who doesn't believe in something will always fall for anything. The world is made up of 99 percent opportunists and only 1 percent of altruists.

Altruists live on principle, while opportunists live on expediency.

- Leechlike opportunist

The unfortunate thing is that the leechlike opportunist (employee) will always lose to a predaceous opportunist (employer/boss).

A good product - when aggressively and effectively marketed - will always sell itself. You the employee, let your boss respect and love you based on your efficiency/expertise on the service you provide. Stop showing and needing unnecessary familiarity with favouritism intent. Don't make yourself a servile to your boss/organization instead make yourself a loyal, dedicated and faithful staff and every other thing good will come your way. Greed and conceitedness will always fail you in the end.

thank you
Re: Boss To Staff Relationship; The Opportunist - Bamisepeters' Blog by pressplay411(m): 6:27pm On Nov 19, 2016
The problem is incongruity in Staff/Management expectation/thinking.

Staff see themselves indispensable, forgetting that the company comes first.
Management sees the company goals as most important and staff, secondary.

Until both reach a middle ground where Management sees staff as indispensable and Staff sees company goals as most important, there will continue to be Conflict.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows AC NIELSEN COMPANY? They Owe Us 5 Month Salary / Why You Should Set Career Goals / Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.