Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport (5231 Views)

Threat To Release Snakes To Bite Construction Workers Pauses Work - Benue Govt. / Benue Cargo Airport: Sultan Of Sokoto Is Ignorant – Ortom / Zenith Bank Denies Funding Fayose's Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport by zakim(m): 10:43pm On Nov 17, 2016
Benue State Governor Samuel Ortom has denied that his administration is funding the proposed N38bn cargo airport in the state.

The governor, who explained that it was an initiative of the private sector, said the state government would only provide land for the project.

Addressing State House correspondents yesterday after the National Economic Council (NEC) meeting, Ortom said he would not construct an airport when he could not pay salaries regularly.

He said: "Those expressing reservations are doing so out of ignorance or mischief. It's a straight forward matter...The cargo airport is purely a private initiative by a consortium. Benue State Government is not going to pay N1. How can I go to construct an airport when I can't pay salaries as and when due? There is no need for that. But it is going to be a hub for the entire West Africa, lifts cargo, especially agricultural produce to other parts of the world.

"This consortium has arranged a funding of this project and because we're providing the enabling environment and providing land, they've also offered the state governments 15 percent equity arranged by this same consortium. Government is not paying N1. The payment will only come when the project is completed and out of our diligence, we'll pay back within a secured period. And the concessional agreement is for 25 years and then we shall renegotiate.

"And the N38bn is not just going to be for cargo airport. It's going to provide a chain of projects that would really promote the economy of the state. There's going to be housing estate, road construction, dualisation of the road from Lafia to Makurdi to Otupko and Ninth Mile. There's going to be a training school and several other things that would support the airport. Of course, there's going to be industries that would be processing our primary products whether finished or semi finished products as the case may be."

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/benue-govt-denies-funding-n38bn-cargo-airport/172169.html#Gxtkr2pWGDk6gxmj.99

Re: Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport by yemmybx(m): 10:44pm On Nov 17, 2016
Ok, I'm listening
Re: Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 18, 2016

Donald Trump is the one funding the N78 billion cargo airport in Benue state

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport by kikio1992(m): 8:18am On Nov 18, 2016
If that's true...then its positive...but we all know how politicians and lies are....I need that Zuma pics...

For Sports, download, romance, comedy...visit www.kikiotolu.com
Re: Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport by Flashh: 8:18am On Nov 18, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Donald Trump is the one funding the N78 billion cargo airport in Benue state

These IPOB people sha.

7 Likes

Re: Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:19am On Nov 18, 2016
grin grin That Private Consortium belongs to Ortom. Sharp Business Man grin

4 Likes

Re: Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport by truthspeaks: 8:20am On Nov 18, 2016
Indeed. U expect me to believe anythn APC govt?
Re: Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport by yjgm(m): 8:22am On Nov 18, 2016
It's a good thing then if government is not involved financially. Carry on Ortom.
Re: Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 18, 2016
Flashh:
These IPOB people sha.

Afonja

Why do you like to act like a drunk rat after eating your Amala and Ewedu ??

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport by rabex123(m): 8:25am On Nov 18, 2016
Why are denying a good thing.or am I missing something?

1 Like

Re: Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport by ritababe(f): 8:26am On Nov 18, 2016
rabex123:
Why are denying a good thing.or am I missing something?

yes, read before you comment.

2 Likes

Re: Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport by jkaro(m): 8:26am On Nov 18, 2016
U so called political can lie, it belongs to u jare. Ole
Re: Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport by Flashh: 8:28am On Nov 18, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Why do you like to misbehave after eating your Amala and Ewedu ??
You keeps failing out of ignorance.

38 became 78 to you. That's what happens when you fail to read before commenting. Akpu at work.

8 Likes

Re: Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 18, 2016
Flashh:
You keeps failing out of ignorance.

38 became 78 to you. That's what happens when you fail to read before commenting. Akpu at work.

Afonja

I see this recession is fuccking the brains out of your empty skull

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 8:35am On Nov 18, 2016
Re: Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 18, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Afonja

Fatality
Re: Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport by Flashh: 8:37am On Nov 18, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Afonja

It is plain clear you are the fellow which recession has really frustrated you through your comments

I am too busy for a for this, this morning. Not because of you I will get banned.

Next time read to avoid further embarrassment to yourself and do me a favor; squeeze all these hogwash and shove it in your lame ass.

Punk!

7 Likes

Re: Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 18, 2016
Flashh:

It is plain clear you are the fellow which recession has really frustrated you through your comments

I am too busy for a for this this morning. Not because you I will get banned.

Next time read to avoid further embarrassment to yourself and do me a favor; squeeze all these hogwash and shove it in your lame ass.

Punk!

I won't lie

I'm a punk

I know you're very brave

Only a brave guy like you would have the courage to fight a lion and have a tribal mark

3 Likes

Re: Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport by rabex123(m): 8:49am On Nov 18, 2016
ritababe:

yes, read before you comment.
You fit still tell me..
I have sha
Re: Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport by kokoA(m): 8:49am On Nov 18, 2016
They will not finish the project that I'm sure.
Re: Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport by izzou(m): 8:50am On Nov 18, 2016
grin

AfonjaStinks

grin
You no go kill somborry

1 Like

Re: Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport by anonymuz(m): 8:54am On Nov 18, 2016
Apc...believe fire.
Re: Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport by yorhmienerd(m): 9:00am On Nov 18, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

I won't lie

I'm a punk

I know you're very brave

Only a brave guy like you would have the courage to fight a lion and have a tribal mark

3 Likes

Re: Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport by talktimi(m): 9:04am On Nov 18, 2016
grin can you imagine the fúckery grin
Re: Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport by abah4real: 11:32am On Nov 18, 2016
Stay with the voice of reason & be resolute. They could not succeed with invasion by fulani herdsmen, now it's abt dictating which project happens in Benue and which does not. is Benue an extension of the Sokoto Caliphate?
Re: Benue Govt Denies Funding N38bn Cargo Airport by Flashh: 6:50pm On Nov 18, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

I won't lie

I'm a punk

I know you're very brave

You are a doltish boy. Go cover your head in shame.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Vs Obi Who Will You Vote In Presidential Election / Apc Officially Zoned Presidency To South Ahead Of 2023 Let’s Talk / Unmasking The Lies That Igbos Dominated Ex-President Jonathan’s Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.