Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,784 members, 7,806,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Has Marriage Suddenly Become A Waste Of Precious Time - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Has Marriage Suddenly Become A Waste Of Precious Time (730 Views)

Why Dating Younger Girls Is Purely Waste Of Time / December Is Here Babes Have Suddenly Become Nice And Caring / My Girlfriend Has Suddenly Become Boring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Marriage Suddenly Become A Waste Of Precious Time by sumborri: 11:44am On Nov 18, 2016
Numerous dirty stories on the internet these days. We have all finally grown to acknowledge the futility in relationships (since we will all cheat on each other and clean mouth: hypocrites and liars everywhere) , can we say the same for marriages too ? Has it become a moot and useless endeavour to delve into ?

Well you will smartly say , "if I ask you, na who you go come ask" but in my opinion everything went to the dogs when technology, feminism, african culture bashing and modern trends became subjects and considerations for marriage.

People put so much effort on the perfect pre-wedding photos than they ever plan to put on their marriages, many men are married bachelors and many women are married spinsters: all thanks to social media which encourages 24/7 cheating access via dating apps, whatsapp, facebook etc. Men and women don't need to be in the wrong place and wrong time to be tempted to cheat on their spouses , these temptations are now with them in their personal rooms, work place, kitchen, za oda room via their smart phones which they ensure to password properly.

People are so interested in being and keeping up with the joneses on instagram as well as latest treands learnt via technology that we look upon people with our african beliefs as uneducated non entities who don know what's up.

I have friends who are happily married, I have collegues who don't know what is the latest slang word or instagram trend , nor do they have pre wiwedding photos, bridal showers records , bella naija wddings in their marriage records but yet they are happily married. Living their peaceful lives wherever they find such peace in this hopeless country and I wonder what all the concepts of a modern marriage and its trends has benefitted the union itself.

Anyway as it is now, if u can't keep up with what modern marriage has become, biko stay single. This life is too short to be unhappy nor to make a mess of that sacred sacrament of mariage thanks to your ignorance and western follow follow behaviour

1 Like

Re: Has Marriage Suddenly Become A Waste Of Precious Time by Youngpo413: 11:47am On Nov 18, 2016
Yes, with a Nigerian lady.
Re: Has Marriage Suddenly Become A Waste Of Precious Time by talktonase(m): 11:48am On Nov 18, 2016
Scares the sh1t out of me...geeeezzz! The institution is becoming overrated with all the pre wedding pix.
Re: Has Marriage Suddenly Become A Waste Of Precious Time by talktonase(m): 11:50am On Nov 18, 2016
Youngpo413:
its everywhere you go like MTN...
Re: Has Marriage Suddenly Become A Waste Of Precious Time by Mrjo(m): 11:55am On Nov 18, 2016
The main cause is our love for drama
Re: Has Marriage Suddenly Become A Waste Of Precious Time by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 18, 2016
Yes because some women are in love with the idea of marriage but there is no love in their marriage to begin with. It's a status symbol.
Re: Has Marriage Suddenly Become A Waste Of Precious Time by Zackpraise(m): 12:39pm On Nov 18, 2016
well said OP dis days Divorce is ringing bell in everybodies Head God will help us
Re: Has Marriage Suddenly Become A Waste Of Precious Time by sumborri: 12:49pm On Nov 18, 2016
Youngpo413:
bro its a common trend that has no national or tribal borders.
Re: Has Marriage Suddenly Become A Waste Of Precious Time by sumborri: 12:53pm On Nov 18, 2016
Raine80:
Yes because some women are in love with the idea of marriage but there is no love in their marriage to begin with. It's a status symbol.
status symbol is true but then the over dependence on love for sustainable marriage is also something I disagree with. Love is the foundation on could build a marriage upon but many other virtues and needs must be met to make it a success. The idea some are in love with the concept isn't wrong too. Guess its based of societal pressures which without reson defined that a woman has a biological clock. Albeit true its a tragic realisation cos we all as human irrespective of sex are bound by same.
Re: Has Marriage Suddenly Become A Waste Of Precious Time by sumborri: 12:54pm On Nov 18, 2016
Zackpraise:
well said OP dis days Divorce is ringing bell in everybodies Head God will help us
amen, truly isn't easy

(1) (Reply)

The Catastrophes Chats Could Cause in your Relationships and Personal wellbeing / Ghjmnfyugh,mfvuyhgmffymfvyhgm / If You Haven't Done These 3 Things Then You Will Remain Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.