Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

How To Enable Whatsapp Video Calling On Your Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Enable Whatsapp Video Calling On Your Phone (5327 Views)

Whatsapp Video Call Upgraded To 8 Calls Per User / How To Enable Whatsapp Dark Mode On Your Android And Ios Phone / See Why Whatsapp Video Chat Is Still Better Than Apple’s Facetime For Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Enable Whatsapp Video Calling On Your Phone by Slika: 2:43pm On Nov 18, 2016

WhatsApp introduced video calling about five (5) days ago and are rolling it out in stages for android, windows and iPhone users. Your WhatsApp application is supposed to be video call enabled after update but if it isn't, then you have a wait a while as it will soon be available to all phones. This information can be confirmed from a statement made by the WhatsApp administration on the day of the video call launch:

Today we’re excited to announce the next step in our efforts to connect people – WhatsApp video calling. In the coming days, WhatsApp's more than one billion users can make video calls across Android, iPhone, and Windows Phone devices.

But there's no cause for alarm if it isn't yet available to your mobile device, just follow through below and you'd be connecting with friends and loved ones pretty soon.

How to Enable WhatsApp Video Call

Method 1:

Here's how to make a video call within WhatsApp:

- Open WhatsApp (of course!)
- Go to the Contacts tab
- Find and tap the contact you want to initiate a WhatsApp video call with
- Tap on the phone icon towards the top of the screen
- From the popup choose Video call
That's it - you've just made your first WhatsApp video call!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABRBFtWTQLw

Method 2:

Note: This method is only for those who have updated their applications but still cannot access the WhatsApp Video Calling Feature.

- Open Google Play and search for WhatsApp
- Open WhatsApp's Google Play listing
- Scroll dow towards the bottom of the page
- In the section that says Become a beta tester tap on I'M IN
- Confirm on the next screen and wait for a few minutes
- Come back to WhatsApp listing page on Google Play
- You should see an option to Update WhatsApp to beta version
- Update the app

Alternatively, you could download the WhatsApp APK that comes with support for video calling (v2.16.354) from a website like APKMirror or APKPure, if you know what you are doing. We advice most of our readers to follow the above-mentioned steps to officially get on the WhatsApp beta version for video calling and other features, and skip the risks associated with downloading the WhatsApp APK.

Note that for WhatsApp video calling to work, both parties should be running a WhatsApp build that supports the feature. WhatsApp may also prompt you for feedback once the video call is over.

Fellow Nairalanders...what do you think about this new feature?

Source: https://www.slika.ng/tech/enable-whatsapp-video-calling-phone.html
Re: How To Enable Whatsapp Video Calling On Your Phone by Kingsasian(m): 5:06pm On Nov 18, 2016
I downloaded it this morning from whatsapp official site but it refused to instal.
Re: How To Enable Whatsapp Video Calling On Your Phone by Dabsey: 10:41pm On Nov 18, 2016
I tried this but it doesnt seem to work, was told it is not up and running yet
Re: How To Enable Whatsapp Video Calling On Your Phone by Slika: 10:12pm On Nov 19, 2016
Kingsasian:
I downloaded it this morning from whatsapp official site but it refused to instal.
Have you tried to the method 2 in my tutorial?
Re: How To Enable Whatsapp Video Calling On Your Phone by Slika: 10:13pm On Nov 19, 2016
Dabsey:
I tried this but it doesnt seem to work, was told it is not up and running yet
Which method did you try bro?
Re: How To Enable Whatsapp Video Calling On Your Phone by Kingsasian(m): 1:04am On Nov 20, 2016
Slika:
Have you tried to the method 2 in my tutorial?
no, not yet.
Re: How To Enable Whatsapp Video Calling On Your Phone by Slika: 10:22am On Nov 21, 2016
Kingsasian:
no, not yet.
Try it and give me feedback bro...it rocks.
Re: How To Enable Whatsapp Video Calling On Your Phone by Kingsasian(m): 8:16pm On Nov 21, 2016
Slika:
Try it and give me feedback bro...it rocks.
I have done that but the problem persists. I had to downgrade to a lower version.
Re: How To Enable Whatsapp Video Calling On Your Phone by Dabsey: 9:23pm On Nov 24, 2016
Clicked on the call icon and i select the video call option
Slika:

Which method did you try bro?
Re: How To Enable Whatsapp Video Calling On Your Phone by Slika: 10:11am On Nov 25, 2016
Kingsasian:
I have done that but the problem persists. I had to downgrade to a lower version.
Did it work now?
Re: How To Enable Whatsapp Video Calling On Your Phone by Slika: 10:13am On Nov 25, 2016
Dabsey:
Clicked on the call icon and i select the video call option
Bro that means it aint yet available for your phone...try the method 2 in my tutorial.
Re: How To Enable Whatsapp Video Calling On Your Phone by Kingsasian(m): 6:12pm On Nov 25, 2016
Slika:
Did it work now?
bros, it didn't o. It keeps telling me that application not instal. I have enough internal memory o plus I uninstalled the older version. What I am now using is the previous version before it. I don tire.

(1) (Reply)

Meet The World's Most Secured Phone - Gionee M6 With Specs And Photos / My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria / Just Been Scammed Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.