Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,179 members, 7,807,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) (52425 Views)

Terrible States Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State (photos) / Nigerian ‘big Boy’ Who Sleeps On Money Searches For A Contractual Baby Mama / Nigerian BIG-BOY Who Sleeps On Money Launches Search For A Contractual Baby Mama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by sixtuschimere: 7:21pm On Nov 18, 2016
As shared by Akpoti.....

'Queen needs your help!!!

Last night I, like many were disturbed about the news of a young lad burnt to death for attempting to steal garri. The images haunted my sleep. Not only because of the gruesome murder of a human being bitten hard by poverty, but because of those human beings that carried the act and worse off, those who stood by capturing his death with their phones.

This morning on my to the Singaporean embassy in Lagos, I saw besides the gates of Eko hotel, a lady laying on the floor and everyone (black and white) walked past her like she didn't exist . I picked up my phone and took this picture (below) with the hope that I could share a lesson of poverty with you all.

At the embassy, I couldn't get her image off my head. I felt even ashamed to have taken only the picture without stopping to hear her story.

Immediately I stepped out of the embassy, I drove right back to her. Woke her up and this is what she said in fluent English.
My name is Queen Okoye. I am 31 years old and a graduate of YabaTech. I am from Orsu LGA in Imo state (she paused to spell Orsu for me). Her father is Mr. Basil a Okoye. Mother is late. She lived with her boyfriend whilst in school. Their relationship fell apart and he kicked her out of his apartment. She has lived on the streets for years because her sister (married with children ) refused to assist her.

I asked if she was on drugs and alcohol, but she said no. I noticed she smiled a little too much but always added "I am happy a beautiful lady like you acknowledged me. People walk by me everyday like I don't exist ". This broke my heart.

So I asked permission to take a picture and share her story with you good people. She asked " will they help or laugh at me. People call me crazy" . I told her the God that made me see her will make others connect to her.

I also asked if she had any message for you all . She looked at me and said " tell them I need help to get out of the streets. It all started like a joke and now I can't believe how low I have fallen. I might need some counseling and medical attention because being out here changes one drastically. I need a place to sleep and a job to fend for myself . Please "

Beloved Nigerians, in our heart lies the power to do good and evil. I understand hunger's pain. I know exactly the danger poverty sting's delves to ones psych. At this trying times, let's be sure to Chanel our frustration to the right persons and not the vulnerable like us.

Today, I had an option to be like everyone and walk past Queen but I decided to be better. Everyone of us can attempt a little kindness and love to each homeless person; or anyone about to be lynched by a crowd. A little effort goes a long way.

Queen stays in front of Eko hotel's fence. She is waiting for someone to read this and reach out to her. So if you work in Lagos state welfare department or know any agency in charge of women, pls get to Queen. Let's all share a little kindness because it would all come back to us.

Queen needs you'

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/11/nigerians-react-as-shocking-photos-of.html

12 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by sixtuschimere: 7:22pm On Nov 18, 2016

Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by sixtuschimere: 7:23pm On Nov 18, 2016
sixtuschimere:
More
more

Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by kinibigdeal(m): 7:33pm On Nov 18, 2016
That's incredibly unbelievable

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by EHMIR(m): 7:39pm On Nov 18, 2016
Meanwhile some one frm her region just buried his father with 15m worth of casket

126 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by babyfaceafrica: 7:42pm On Nov 18, 2016
Okay
Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by emerged01(m): 7:52pm On Nov 18, 2016
I saw this lady at Eko hotel round about side on Monday morning . I don't know if she is still around there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by emerged01(m): 7:58pm On Nov 18, 2016
EHMIR:
Meanwhile some one frm her region just buried his father with 15m worth of casket

You are out of point.

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by meezynetwork(m): 7:58pm On Nov 18, 2016
Such is life. I believe her case is a spiritual problem which stated from cohabiting with a man while in school. It would hv been easy for her to learn a trade and start something. I pray the Hand of God touches her this moment. Its heartbreaking to see people suffer.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by Flashh: 8:02pm On Nov 18, 2016
I hope she get help as soon as possible.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 18, 2016
I find her story very hard to believe.

She maybe schizophrenic.

13 Likes

Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 18, 2016
Nairaland Mods... Where thou @ ..

Stories like this should be on FP

2 Likes

Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by baba11(m): 8:37pm On Nov 18, 2016
She is not normal.

5 Likes

Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by DozieInc(m): 8:37pm On Nov 18, 2016
Na wa o, being a graduate is not enough, self development is the key.
She really needs counselling and financial help to be able to regain her focus in life.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by Yoshy: 8:39pm On Nov 18, 2016
How can she be reached? for those in lagos can someone help make her reachable..#HelpShelterQueen

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:41pm On Nov 18, 2016
bu ha ri is an ani mal angry

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by jnrbayano(m): 8:46pm On Nov 18, 2016
meezynetwork:
Such is life. I believe her case is a spiritual problem which stated from cohabiting with a man while in school. It would hv been easy for her to learn a trade and start something. I pray the Hand of God touches her this moment. Its heartbreaking to see people suffer.

God no sabi use your hand?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by Kingbuhari(m): 8:52pm On Nov 18, 2016
she resembles Princess Fiona Shriek's wife.... are they related

1 Like

Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by Bujumbura(m): 9:01pm On Nov 18, 2016
EHMIR:

Didn't Tinubu son did his wedding in Italy and Dubaii whereas someone from his region was burnt to deathh bbecause he resorted to stealing as an escape from Poverty

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by Aminat508(f): 9:11pm On Nov 18, 2016
Are you sure she's okay?
Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by chiwetaluAGU(m): 9:15pm On Nov 18, 2016
Omenka i dash you this sweet igbo girl

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 18, 2016
grin cheesy
Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by Lucremoy(m): 9:16pm On Nov 18, 2016
Allegedly homeless, but still plumper than me & my kid brother combined. Recession no reach her side or

4 Likes

Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by rheether(f): 9:16pm On Nov 18, 2016
Yabatech abi yabaleft?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 18, 2016
Aminat508:
grin
What's funny?
Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by BjDreamchaser(m): 9:17pm On Nov 18, 2016
hmmm, it is well...
Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by Aminat508(f): 9:18pm On Nov 18, 2016
KissChrix:

What's funny?
modified. Thanks
Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by meezynetwork(m): 9:19pm On Nov 18, 2016
jnrbayano:

God no sabi use your hand?
Am not in Lagos. Maybe u can help me to get to her
Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by ibroh22(m): 9:20pm On Nov 18, 2016
ok
Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:20pm On Nov 18, 2016
Na waa for this we country o
Re: Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 18, 2016
Kingbuhari:
she resembles Princess Fiona Shriek's wife.... are they related

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

15 Meme Guys That Live Extravagant Lifestyle Can Relate To / The Snake I Killed At The Entrance Of My Sitting Room. Can You Identify It? / World's Top Seven Richest Terrorist Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.