Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,835 members, 7,806,352 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Groom Cruise In Keke To And Fro Church Wedding - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Groom Cruise In Keke To And Fro Church Wedding (1378 Views)

Groom Walks Out On Bride In Jos During Church Wedding / Bride And Groom Rock Isi Agu Attire For Church Wedding / Man Who Resides Abroad Rides Keke To His Wedding In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Groom Cruise In Keke To And Fro Church Wedding by princerichards(m): 9:42pm On Nov 18, 2016
He's handsome. He's polished. His middle name is Suave. On radio, he's your fantasy. He decided to take a wife. A young, pretty, God-fearing wife. Onyinye appeared from Imo State and begged not to be entreated to leave him. Austine Okorodudu the toastmaster. November 12th, 2016. The day for his people to become Onyi's people. He already shared God with her. We all waited. Like the toastmaster he is, never believing in strict societal stereotypes, Austine decided to ride on a tricycle (kekenapep) to Redeemed Christian Church of God Unity Parish, Asaba where he would be joined with his soul mate. His missing rib is to be fixed back and he needed all the fresh air in the world. Austine and his best man Prince Richards dazzled the congregation when they both cruised to the church premises with little Groom Dumebi;  Keke-Oxygen abi! That wasn't the icing. Joined as one, Austine with his better half, set the major roads of Asaba,  Delta State capital agog when he shunned all the exotic cars in his convoy again. He took his beautiful Onyinye home in keke-napep. He had at least ten SUVs that could have taken them home but he preferred them riding behind. People took photographs of the couple as they rode the streets. Tricyclists voluntary joined in the convoy in wild excitement to show solidarity. What informed this showbiz guy's decision? "Your Radio Fantasy" as he's fondly called by his audience, said he wanted something out of the ordinary. He was tired of seeing people ride in posh cars on their wedding days. In fact, he actually wanted to take his bride to church on a horse but for the strict rules of the Church, prohibiting such and the fact that he couldn't still get one for their journey back home. Sweet sight it was to behold as the newest couple rode through the streets entertaining people with their beautiful sights on their special day. Austine is indeed your fantasy! Will Onyinye join? Yes, she's already nursing people back to good health. Happy married life to the sweet couple.....

Story by Ijeoma Uba.

Re: Groom Cruise In Keke To And Fro Church Wedding by princerichards(m): 9:46pm On Nov 18, 2016
admin pls send this to front page plllssss
Re: Groom Cruise In Keke To And Fro Church Wedding by princerichards(m): 9:52pm On Nov 18, 2016
Seriously, I haven't been able to forget this particular occasion I attended; the wedding ceremony of the popular on Air personality of Trend100.9fm Asaba, Delta State Austine Okoroduddu and his Queen Onyinye Ndinemeni last Saturday (14th of Nov.).
I have watched this,but this one wasn't home video or African magic, i mean i saw it with my two big eyes! This Hansome drove to church in 'keke' with his Bestman and Ring bearer. Why of the variety of choices Prado, highlander, Ford and a host of exotic cars he preferred a tricycle aka "keke napep" to his wedding.
I haven't recovered from the glamorous reception and i saw the couple hopped into this customised open roof 'keke' and drove off.
No doubt he wanted something exotic, remarkable and exceptional but of course it was!
Did i mention- Austine Okoroduddu is a dancing machine! A self expression freak! We didn't see less on his wedding day!
And i said to myself "a 'keke' wedding ain't a bad idea after all .....It was Fun to watch!!!

Happy Married Life to the Okoroduddus!

Obianuju Uk

Re: Groom Cruise In Keke To And Fro Church Wedding by rheether(f): 10:06pm On Nov 18, 2016
Ugly couple.
Re: Groom Cruise In Keke To And Fro Church Wedding by yomi007k(m): 10:51pm On Nov 18, 2016
rheether:
Ugly couple.
Wow...

I cat believe u hys said dt....try to show sm respect
Re: Groom Cruise In Keke To And Fro Church Wedding by dainformant(m): 7:35am On Nov 19, 2016
lalasticlala
Re: Groom Cruise In Keke To And Fro Church Wedding by ObiOmaMu: 10:05am On Nov 19, 2016
nice pics
Re: Groom Cruise In Keke To And Fro Church Wedding by princerichards(m): 9:40pm On Nov 25, 2016
I woke up this morning with a thought to put up a post about some of the remarkable events that has happened to me in recent time. Honestly, I have been layed back using the social media for obvious reasons, but again; it is expedient I do this particular one. Till this moment, I have not posted anything on FB, save for the numerous tags from friends and friends of friends. Hopefully in the next couple of days and weeks I really wish to work on a series here.
Care to know the topic? Lol OK. ...let me let it out

"MY KEKE-NAPEP STORY STORY; CHALLENGING SOCIETAL STEREOTYPES -PART ONE"
It was JOAN CHEN who wrote "there are a lot of stereotypes to be broken which I think a lot of us are doing. What I do is, as soon as people try to pin me down to one kind of part, I will play a very different kind of role, so it explodes that stereotype. I have received loads of phone calls, emails and outright confrontation in the last couple of weeks now. And the question everyone kept asking is - why keke-napep for a wedding? While a vast majority of 'enquirers' seems to like the idea, what some have called a shift from societal stereotypes, others have come to see it as a great display of insanity in the highest order. Whatever divide you belong, you are also correct as perspectives differ. In fact, a few days after the news filtered into the global space, a friend drew my attention to some headlines a few ingenious bloggers used for the said story. Out of so many, this particular one caught my fancy;

A recession inspired wedding or creativity?
And this comment followed...
I think this could be recession-inspired. On one's wedding day, a once in a lifetime event, that's the day the person decides to enter keke.
...and another comment read thus;
I like............. A break from the norm is refreshing.
Now here comes the error of all times..." the once in a lifetime thing "
So if wedding is once in a lifetime event, how does it translate to borrowing in order to impress others to the detriment of your own personal happiness and everlasting joy.
Truth is, wedding is a one day event, in fact, only a few hours... how do we compare a few hours to the lifetime of commitment and love that lies ahead of both of us.

Please don't get me wrong, am not against exotic and lavish weddings of which mine was not an exception; especially when you can afford it. Again this depends on what exotic and lavish means to you. But preferably, a lavish wedding ceremony that takes into cognisance the basic foundation of a life time commitment to learning, love and mistakes would make more sense.
I have seen so many people trapped in the euphoria of wedding day than the marriage itself. And this has resulted to untold hardship for them days afterwards.

I have seen some who are interested to impress others and proof some sort of class thing.
The question is, who are you impressing? The people you may never see again after the wedding ceremony? Or...
It may be important to delve into some wedding statistics here. One-third of couples go into debt for their wedding day according to MarketWatch. Some investigation has revealed that 90% of cars used during weddings are borrowed. If not from a car hire company, it's either an uncle, father, mother, a close relative, a friend or the car of someone that knows someone who knows you. The big question then is, who is decieving who? The believe is that as at the time people are getting married, they may not be financially bouyant to afford their own cars.

So why borrow when you can just take keke like me?

A senior colleaque sent me this message after reading the keke-napep story in vanguard allure.
" I salute your courage! Many of us borrowed for our weddings "
Again I ask; If we cruise keke to church, work, market etc, then what is wrong with a keke cruise on your wedding day? Hey, enough of that forming in another man's car when you can get the KEKE-OXYGEN in that convertible Maruwa... lol. It all a matter of choice. And our choices are what makes us.

Who said we must use a jeep for our weddings? Who said weddings must hold only on Saturdays? Who said we must use a ring as symbol to exchange marital vows? Who said wedding receptions must hold immediately after two are joined in marriage? Who said there must be a cake called wedding cake on the day of the wedding? Who said the bride must be adorned in a white gown like a peacock on wedding day? Indeed the danger of a single story or ways of doing things.

These and many more are the ideas of dead people who don't even have a glimpse of what is now obtainable in this present world.
Until our ladies begin to think in the direction of using Ankara made fabrics on their wedding day and the guys some touch of cultural flavours in their attire for wedding, the notion of; so we 've been doing it; so shall it be; and ever shall it be without change.... will continue.
Life is all about choices and never allow yours to be informed by what others think or would say.

Dare to be different!
The greater part of our investment should go into the marriage proper. Rather than engage in frivolities just to impress and service our ego.
...yes we cruised the keke to and fro church, and no apologies. Receive grace to be yourself.
Selah!
To be continued....FROM THE GROOM HIMSELF AUSTINE OKORODUDDU
https://www.facebook.com/AustineOkorodudu/videos/1469516459743120/
https://www.facebook.com/AustineOkorodudu/videos/1469522739742492/
https://www.facebook.com/AustineOkorodudu/videos/1469529543075145/

icing on the cake-- my best man Prince Richards did a solo sax for us -All of me #John Legend https://www.facebook.com/AustineOkorodudu/videos/1469998126361620/

(1) (Reply)

Livestream, LED Screen, Sound, Stage in Lagos- We Are Capable 08034291442 / Events Decorations / ***** Special Independent/sallah Gift *****

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.