Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore (45643 Views)

US Court Jails Nigerian Hacker Obinna Obioha For $6.5m Fraud (photo) / The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber / Chijioke Obioha Executed In Singapore, RCP Ministry To Claim His Body For Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by CeoNewshelm(m): 7:11am On Nov 19, 2016
Mixed reactions trails the execution of Chijioke Obiora by the Singaporean government for drug trafficking offences.

Chijioke was executed in the early hours of Friday., with the federal government describing the event as gut-wrenching.

Here's what Nigerians are saying about the execution.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/nigerians-react-to-execution-of.html

2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by CeoNewshelm(m): 7:12am On Nov 19, 2016

Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by SillyMods: 7:13am On Nov 19, 2016
He knew the punishment for the offence and he was prepared for it.

Goodbye to him.

25 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by Progressive01(m): 7:20am On Nov 19, 2016
Lovely comment by Umar Alhasan Alkali.

It is what I keep insisting on here but some folks would NEVER listen because their minds have been all but messed up with hatred.

Never use the crime of an individual to judge a tribe or a religion. It is simply unfair.

Too bad the young man chose this path. I hope his loved ones find the strength to bear his loss.

Nigeria needs to up her game and fast- we can't afford to have countries kill our people over offences such as this. I could bet my last breath if he were an American or a Western European, some how, some way, they would have released him to his government to serve whatever sentence they pass on him on his home soil- and that sentence certainly won't be death.

E go beta.

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by armadeo(m): 2:26pm On Nov 19, 2016
Reaction that's what we do best wait for something to happen then react to it.

Why no be proactive and decide how things happen?

That said unless he was framed he deserves no pity.

The law state don't traffic drugs else we'll kill you. I think that's simple enough to understand.

You've done to crime now do the time death.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by slurryeye: 2:27pm On Nov 19, 2016
Say no to drug.

I'm surprised that many drug peddler still decide to carry out their trade in countries where it's boldly written in their law and at their airports that drug trafficking is death penalty

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by ednut1(m): 2:27pm On Nov 19, 2016
zero sympathy, i am not understanding. how a sane person go traffic drugs to these brutal countries. yet pple no go stop

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 19, 2016
No offense but have got no sympathy. these countries have strict rules.

If Nigeria too can be this hard on crime we will be in a better place now but instead we have criminals ruling us and we the citizens have been brainwashed so we gladly support them.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by AntiWailer: 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2016
The reactions should be that Crime Does not Pay.

Since they held him in custody I av grown from a very hungry hustler to some one who looks back and THANK God for multiple blessings with NO CRIME.

If he had chosen the right path may be he will be balling today too and will need no Sympathy from anybody.

As we speak, some eediots are still planning to take the same path.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by henrydadon(m): 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2016
igbo people be like

[img]http://i./N23rfhqTjqidi.gif[/img]

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2016
No carry drugs,dem no go hear..Awon olori pelebe oshi...
Rip to the dead tho... make e no b like say person no get human sympathy

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by slurryeye: 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2016
Progressive01:
Lovely comment by Umar Alhasan Alkali.

It is what I keep insisting on here but some folks would NEVER listen because their minds have been all but messed up with hatred.

Never use the crime of an individual to judge a tribe or a religion. It is simply unfair.

Too bad the young man chose this path. I hope his loved ones find the strength to bear his loss.

Nigeria needs to up her game and fast- we can't afford to have countries kill our people over offences such as this. I could bet my last breath if he were an American or a Western European, some how, some way, they would have released him to his government to serve whatever sentence they pass on him on his home soil- and that sentence certainly won't be death.

E go beta.

In as much as I support your point that one person offence shouldn't be used to judge his tribe or religion. Don't bet on your last breath that if he were westerner, he won't be executed cos you will lose that breath. this country executed an Australian last year. The punishment is clear
The difference between the Western countries and Nigeria is that unlike Nigeria, those countries will get a good defensive lawyer to defend their citizen. But once a person has been convicted of drug offence, he gets death penalty

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by WowSweetGuy(m): 2:29pm On Nov 19, 2016
And Nigeria citizens kips getting unfair justice 'coz useless govt says Nigerians are criminals...if u think am lying ask buhari

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by purpledferanmi1: 2:30pm On Nov 19, 2016
He knew about the consequences, so point being sympathetic. drug law in asia is death. some nigerians ve been caught and executed yet the guy couldn't learn.
Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 19, 2016
Get rich or die trying!

Na 50 cent cause am angry
Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by odinese(m): 2:30pm On Nov 19, 2016
[size=20pt]no

To

Drugs! angry angry[/size]
Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by qualityovenbake(m): 2:30pm On Nov 19, 2016
executed for cannabis.
Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by IYANGBALI: 2:30pm On Nov 19, 2016
HarkymTheOracle:
No carry drugs,dem no go hear..Igbos.
several times we tolded them,but they does not listen,i does not know their problems

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by dokJ: 2:31pm On Nov 19, 2016
" 4 evry action there is an equal n opposite reaction".....Meanwhile its not unhuman to take risk once in a while...
Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by slurryeye: 2:31pm On Nov 19, 2016
OILSOUP:
It is natural that some will dable into such business. We shouldn't be murdering people over drugs.
Did dey force u to take drugs? The drugs will always be their 4 those that choose to take drugs.
We can give dem nice lengthy sentence, like 25 to 30 years and release dem.
Nobody should be MURDERED for drug trafficking, especially legal drugs like cannabis.
They murdered him for importing over the legal limit, which is wrong.
If he was American or British dey wouldn't dare. Coupled with the islamist illiterate president with zero respect 4 life, that we presently have in Nigeria.
Singapore did wat they like here. if nigeria fail to contest such gross miscarriage of justice, then our citizens will be abused all around the world. Afterall nobody cares...

It's clearly written everywhere there that drug trafficking punishment is death. They cannot change or bend their rules for Nigerians. It's their country, it's their rule....Who told you American or British or other westerners weren't executed? If you want to pass a point, say what you know.

And did you just say Cannabis is legal? undecided

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by paulbass: 2:33pm On Nov 19, 2016
so unfortunate dat d young man chose to end his life in dis manner.pele
Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by nwadiuko1(m): 2:33pm On Nov 19, 2016
crime doesnt pay........always
Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by cyojunior1(m): 2:33pm On Nov 19, 2016
7. I tink as humans we would start to use our senses !
Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by tofolo(m): 2:34pm On Nov 19, 2016
Its rather unfortunate this happened, but who sent him to do drugs there? That's the hazard to the occupation he chose to do in Singapore.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by OILSOUP: 2:34pm On Nov 19, 2016
It is natural that some will dable into such business. We shouldn't be murdering people over drugs.

Did dey force u to take drugs? The drugs will always be their 4 those that choose to take drugs.

We can give dem nice lengthy sentence, like 25 to 30 years and release dem.

Nobody should be MURDERED for drug trafficking, especially legal drugs like cannabis.

They murdered him for importing over the legal limit, which is wrong.

If he was American or British dey wouldn't dare. Coupled with the islamist illiterate president with zero respect 4 life, that we presently have in Nigeria.

Singapore did wat they like here. if nigeria fail to contest such gross miscarriage of justice, then our citizens will be abused all around the world. Afterall nobody cares...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by flyca: 2:34pm On Nov 19, 2016
I hope that some villages will not be empty after all these executions cry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by Jacko1(m): 2:34pm On Nov 19, 2016
I will never visit any south asian or middle east country

Bleep em..... Bunch of shy.... Naive short motthereffers with lil dicks

Seems just bearing ibo name at their terminala is enough to get one arrested.... Screw them

They all biatches.... Their men inclusive.... They all gud for one thing.....biatches

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by Jchi9876: 2:35pm On Nov 19, 2016
[size=42pt]SHIDIOKE OBIOHA[/size]

These flat heads working hard to make biafra proud.

Serves him right!!!

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by remmyton(f): 2:36pm On Nov 19, 2016
I am sure that law has been there a for long time now, he knew what will happen should he be caught, yet he played right into the lions den, may he RIP and may God give his family the grace to bear to loss
Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by cyojunior1(m): 2:36pm On Nov 19, 2016
Jacko1:
I will never visit any south asian or middle east country

Bleep em..... Bunch of shy.... Naive short motthereffers with lil dicks

Seems just bearing ibo name at their terminala is enough to get one arrested.... Screw them

They all biatches.... Their men inclusive.... They all gud for one thing.....biatches

U sound frustrated man ! Its their law

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To The Execution Of Chijioke Obioha In Singapore by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2016
It will not improve until Ohaneze Ndigbo hands off politics and start a proper sensitization programme to curb this drug peddling epidemic among Igbo youth.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Businessman Excretes 83 Wraps Of Cocaine At Abuja Airport (Photo) / Military Uncovers Boko Haram Hideout-Tunnel In Sambisa / Young Boy Found Dead On Roadside In Ikorodu (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.