Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,175 members, 7,807,566 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) (7868 Views)

Nene Steve & Joy Aboel: Housemaid Tortured To Death, Hanged To Fake Suicide / Man Accused Of Killing His 2-Month-Old Pregnant Wife Speaks (Video, Graphic Pix) / Heartbreaking Story Of OAU Student Waiting To Be Hanged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by eke419: 11:25am On Nov 19, 2016
[img]https://i.onthe.io/vllkyt4pibtg26glc.42173ec1.jpg[/img]

A youth pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Akolade Arowolo, has been sentenced to die by hanging for the murder of his banker wife, Titilayo.

Pastor Arowolo could not hold back his pains after the court ruling, he burst into a fit of prayer.
Titilayo worked with Skye bank, whilst her husband was employed. Prosecutors were able to present compelling evidence that led to the conviction of Mr Arowolo and his sentencing by Justice Lateefat Okunu of the Ikeja High Court, he was handed a death sentence.

Justice Okunu held in her over three hours judgment that evidence before the court proved that Arowolo actually murdered his wife in their matrimonial home.

Testimony in the form of a forensic report from Prof. John Oladapo Obafunwa, a pathologist, was what the court used to determine that there was no way the deceased could have stabbed herself to death.

Immediately after the judgment, Arowolo fell down in the dock and started shouting “Jesus have mercy.”

PM News reports that Prof Obafunwa testified that his autopsy report revealed that Titilayo was killed through 76 knife stab wounds.
He noted that the knife wounds affected Titilayo’s left eye, right eye, upper chest area, right chest and collar bone.

Prof. Obafunwa pointed out in his testimony that the deceased could not have inflicted such wounds on herself.

To further prove its case, prosecution invited some of Titilayo’s family members who testified that Arowolo and Titilayo had always had a troubled marriage.

The family members included Titilayo’s father, George Oyakhire; sister, Ijeh and mother-in-law, Mrs Adetoun Yeside Oyakhire.

The three witnesses testified that the couple lived a cat and mouse life. They claimed that the family had at several times, settled serious fights between the couple. None of the witnesses however saw what actually happened on the day Titilayo died.

The Herald reports that Arowolo’s co-tenant, Adewale Adeyemi also gave evidence in the case.

Arowolo’s parents testified that their son was incapable of murder.

Adeyemi in his evidence said that on the day of the incident he heard a loud noise when he was in his apartment and later saw Arowolo rushing out with a deep cut in his palms.

He claimed to have also seen a hammer and a knife with a broken handle in the yard. Other witnesses such a the security man at the Arowolos’ residence, Investigating Police Officer and an MTN Staff also gave evidence in the case.
[img]https://i.onthe.io/vllkyt4nf6lcifm87.ce624849.jpg[/img]

Having presented its case, the burden was shifted on Arowolo to defend himself. Expectedly, Arowolo had his personal explanation as to what happened on the day Titilayo died. First, he claimed that he and his deceased wife had passionate sex for two hours and kissed on the same day she died.

He claimed that Titi stabbed herself to death on the day after they had a fight.

Arowolo claimed that Titilayo was possessed by an evil spirit and inflicted several stab wounds on him before turning to herself.

Arowolo’s father, Mudashiru and mother also testified of their son’s good behavior, insisting he could not have killed his wife.

They claimed that he has always been a religious person and was incapable of killing anybody.

Source: http://nigerianewstoday.com.ng/heartbreaking-redeem-pastor-to-be-hanged-for-killing-his-wife-photos/
Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by PhatBG(m): 11:27am On Nov 19, 2016
C
Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by BrownRoofRep: 11:37am On Nov 19, 2016
76 knife stab wounds?!
Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by mykemiley(f): 11:37am On Nov 19, 2016
Eiya
Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by NIGHTMAREOO7: 11:49am On Nov 19, 2016
Pastor?
Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by emeraldknytt(m): 11:49am On Nov 19, 2016
Evil spirit possession Pastors, nowadays have been known to do some extraordinarily diabolical acts that have me thinking why they shouldn't be stripped of that title once they are charged with an offence... 76stabs is badass of the highest order... Can't say much against a supposed man of God sad
Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by Dreal11247: 12:15pm On Nov 19, 2016
The three witnesses testified that the couple lived a cat and mouse life. They claimed that the family had at several times, settled serious fights between the couple.
Some people are living with the potential poison that will kill them. The ability to get rid of it will surely prolong their lives. This could have been averted if the parties involved were sincer enough to handle it as a problem that needed solution.

2 Likes

Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by DLondonboiy: 12:19pm On Nov 19, 2016
I don't think this man is guilty..

From what I just read, the man is innocent..

The woman has spiritual husband...that made her marriage hell, destroyed her life and now seeks yo destroy this innocent man whose only crime was to marry a possessed woman...

only God can save you now, 0ga pastor..

3 Likes

Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by Nutase: 12:27pm On Nov 19, 2016
Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by CecyAdrian(f): 12:42pm On Nov 19, 2016
DLondonboiy:

The woman has spiritual husband...that made her marriage hell, destroyed her life and now seeks yo destroy this innocent man whose only crime was to marry a possessed woman...

Rubbish!!!

If I tell you wetin dey my mind, I will get banned straight and I don't want someone of you kind to make me go on a ban again.

*thinking out aloud* (wonder why some people are so senseless and foolish when reasoning)

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by TheNonce: 12:45pm On Nov 19, 2016
Let the bastard die....live by the sword and definitely die by the _fucking sword!

1 Like

Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 19, 2016
But lalasticlala needs to condemn this story to front page sef

1 Like

Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by Pavore9: 12:51pm On Nov 19, 2016
DLondonboiy:

Were you her spiritual husband? shocked

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by supplyquick: 12:51pm On Nov 19, 2016
Hmmmm...

Anyway don't be cheated. Visit www.engineerosaz..com to see the latest prices of building materials (updated daily). Best of luck on your project!
Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by Khohen: 12:58pm On Nov 19, 2016
He will definitely be granted amnesty in years to come.

1 Like

Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by flamingREED(m): 1:30pm On Nov 19, 2016
Marry a woman that prays up to an hour a day is a great advice.

Prayer is the motion of a hidden fire that trembles in the heart;
By it death is robbed of it's sting and saints acquire the power to fly.

Marry a man you know well that he fears God and for His sake forfeits even his rights.

But today, nah nah.

Once they begin to make small dough,
They turn their eyes to one curvy being.

They say, 'that's an angel'..

'What's your denomination?' she'll ask,
And he'll say, ' I'm Anglican'.. She'll add, ' I'm of Foundation Faith'. 'Ah, common', he'll say, 'it's one God'..

Though it's one God all over the earth,
It's not one people..

2 Likes

Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 19, 2016
He is innocent the wife in this case is possesed by demons or alastor in latin she inflicted 72 stabs each stabs was carried about by each demon,here is a list of demons http://www.gods-and-monsters.com/list-of-demon-names.html demons exist in singular form or could possess your body in bigger groups known as legions,cain in the bible judas beleliel nero were all possesed by legions
Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by jidxin(m): 1:34pm On Nov 19, 2016
issorait
Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by olutosfem(f): 1:55pm On Nov 19, 2016
Hmnnn.....it is well
Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by PaulIdu: 1:58pm On Nov 19, 2016
emeraldknytt:
Evil spirit possession Pastors, nowadays have been known to do some extraordinarily diabolical acts that have me thinking why they shouldn't be stripped of that title once they are charged with an offence... 76stabs is badass of the highest order... Can't say much against a supposed man of God sad

Stripped of what Title exactly ? Is Pastor a Title recognized by any law?
Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by otukpo(f): 1:59pm On Nov 19, 2016
I pity their children.
Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by MartinsBlog: 2:13pm On Nov 19, 2016
http://www.martinsblog.com.ng/2016/11/ig-comedian-mummy-ndioha-recreates-more.html
Nigerian IG comedian, Mummy Ndioha, who made a hilarious recreation of some celebrities is back with more hilarious recreated photos. See more after the cut.
http://www.martinsblog.com.ng/2016/11/ig-comedian-mummy-ndioha-recreates-more.html

1 Share

Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:17pm On Nov 19, 2016
This is why everyone needs to have CCTV installed in their home.
Technically this case is over and nothing can prove if he is not guilty.
If she had a mental case, he should have at least presented one medical affidavit
Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by Annie939(f): 2:22pm On Nov 19, 2016
a pastor in a troubled marriage hmmmm what should we expect from politicians and celebrates marriage?
Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by CowHard: 2:24pm On Nov 19, 2016
Yoruba pastors.....

From duping and fleecing people of their hard earned cash to sniffing life outta their victims.
Fake Muslims, fake Christians
Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by Idydarling(f): 2:29pm On Nov 19, 2016
choiiii
Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 19, 2016
These days, no matter wetin your wife do you, na to behave like a foolish goat and free her oh. You never know who karma wan make hin reincarnate to another universe.
Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by DuchessD(f): 3:00pm On Nov 19, 2016
[quote author=DLondonboiy post=51170262]I don't think this man is guilty..

only God can save you now, 0ga pastor..[/quote

am shocked this kind of reasoning still exist..it jst doesnt match up at alll
Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:01pm On Nov 19, 2016
Good riddance
Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 19, 2016
DLondonboiy:

See why the "Jury" system will never work in Nigeria? Cause of Low Iq creatures like you!!

1 Like

Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by phemmyutd(m): 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2016
who will now take care of their children?
Re: Heartbreaking! Redeem Pastor To Be Hanged For Killing His Wife (photos) by dreamwords: 4:45pm On Nov 19, 2016
Mehn.... This is very very korchid grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Arraigns Dangote Staff For Alleged N15m Fraud / Kidnappers Abduct 5 People Along Buratai Village / He Is Always Smoking And Masturbating At Her Window... What Can She Do? (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.