Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,475 members, 7,801,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? (37744 Views)

How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / Ways Out Out Domestic Violence For Short-tempered Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by micklplus(m): 6:58am On Nov 23, 2016
MechM:
When a woman nags and gets angry over nothing it means something may be bothering her so much that she cannot even identify easily. You guys need to see a marriage counselor and a psychologist. Once a psychologist can identify what may be bothering her, I believe you guys will be fine. Also you need to be more open to her, share secrets with her, tell her to proffer solution to a problem(even if you don't have a problem, create one) then maybe she may start telling you her own problem.

You are on point
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by samuelojimba(m): 6:59am On Nov 23, 2016
My brother i understand ur worries n pain but time they say heal all wounds my advice for u is that u shld nt think of running away or living the house dnt even think of fighting her because that is never an option if u run for one month when u come back the problem is still there n dnt forget when u run for ur problems they will chase u stand n confront them they will disappear with time my advice for now is that u need alot of patience n tolerance whenever she start complaining at home pls ignore her with time she wil change that bad attitude sorry to use that word but to me that a very wrong trait for a married woman but when ever u people hve a nice time pls always tell her what u dnt like about her also make her to understand that quarreling with everybody all the time can turn her to street fighter because is nt everybody that will tolerate her or understand her pls also seek de face of God with him all things re possible.pls this my one cent.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by dyabman(m): 7:01am On Nov 23, 2016
Just be Long tempered .. undecided
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by divinelove(m): 7:02am On Nov 23, 2016
Waladade4luv:
Pls i want matured minds in the house and experienced peeps to answer aw a man can cope or treat his short tempered wife.
This is a woman who picks offence in virtually everything that happens in d house even among her co workers at work, the taxi driver that carried her, even d passangers she sit win in a bus to the bike man that carried her, pple she buys things from, infact the list is endless everybody is always offending her.
In the house she always see somthing to complain about, to d extent that one will be beging her not to vex even when she is at fault, infact so many other thinz like that that one cannot finish saying.
To guys in d house av u been in a situation like this bfor and can someone treat such a wife since its not easy to change her at dis stage.

You saw all these and still married her, jst dnt annoy when she is cooking with the kitchen knife arnd except u wanna go and meet your ancestors angry angry angry
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by justme57: 7:02am On Nov 23, 2016
Waladade4luv:
Pls i want matured minds in the house and experienced peeps to answer aw a man can cope or treat his short tempered wife.
This is a woman who picks offence in virtually everything that happens in d house even among her co workers at work, the taxi driver that carried her, even d passangers she sit win in a bus to the bike man that carried her, pple she buys things from, infact the list is endless everybody is always offending her.
In the house she always see somthing to complain about, to d extent that one will be beging her not to vex even when she is at fault, infact so many other thinz like that that one cannot finish saying.
To guys in d house av u been in a situation like this bfor and can someone treat such a wife since its not easy to change her at dis stage.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by crisycent: 7:03am On Nov 23, 2016
You need a long tempered d!ck. grin
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by ashjay001(m): 7:03am On Nov 23, 2016
Waladade4luv:

Lols i av tried that too sometimes both of us does his or her things sepratly in the house without saying anything to each, its like she is even confortable with that, i will still be the one to call her later and talk things out and he go finish like that till another one go occur, ABout the other part u talk heheeh trust me na, na she dey even complain sey he too much, its even part of the reasons i use to settle things quick with her

Get a job in another town. U might miss ur kids, but money no fit buy peace of mind o. She was spoilt in her home.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by juman(m): 7:04am On Nov 23, 2016
She has medical issue, she need medical help.

2 Likes

Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by tsqure2855: 7:04am On Nov 23, 2016
It quit unfortunate that u re experiencing such a thing and those things makes marriage uninteresting for either party.I will suggest two things:
1.wake her up at the needle of night and make her realise the fact that u re not happy about her attitude.
2. Prove sometimes to her that u re incharge by not yielding to her request.By so doing, she will not be preempt what can and what u cannot
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by frankopit: 7:06am On Nov 23, 2016
Waladade4luv:

No b open fight like dt oh, her kind of fight is like quiet fight she nor dey make noice infact if u see her u go think sey na lie them dey lie about her but she comes back home almost everyday complaining about one person or d other, even my family members she complains about them but when she sees them she greets them well but to her i must not complain about her own family members in short she just picks offence in what everybody does

Family trait. She aquired the knowldge from her mother QED.some families does that and the kids female and male copy it.

U can not remove it from her gene.
It's well embedded in her genetic factor.
Solution :
Show her your mental madness too.crazzz too, tell her to stop complain , if she knows you are not too willing to be listening she go stop.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 23, 2016
I can't stand a nagging spouse!
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by ashjay001(m): 7:06am On Nov 23, 2016
Waladade4luv:

Hunnn thanks so much for that wonderful piece but will i av to gake every shit thrown at me all in d name of love, tolerance and for peace sake

U might die young, they dont understand peace. Very ungrateful, inconsiderate set of pple.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by laikas: 7:09am On Nov 23, 2016
dangotesmummy:
Ignore her.nothing quells an aggressive woman more than ignoring her.just leave the house for her for like a month. Go and stay with a friend in another city or lodge in a hotel.by the time you come back she go Don simmer undecided

What does the bible say about quarelsome women

Another thing that might cause her unnecessary aggression is maybe you're not grinding the place well with your D tongue

E get the way wey you go fok am all the rascality and gra Gra for her body go comot.it might be that you're starving her OF the phenese or you're not doing enough tongue
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by goshen26: 7:09am On Nov 23, 2016
Does she realise that she is short tempered? If she does her is simple is deal with, but if she does not then na gbege
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Austin4lif: 7:09am On Nov 23, 2016
Nutase:
You either get used to it or take a walk.
The truth about marriage is you CANNOT change anyone.
The only attempt you can make at changing your spouse which has a 50 50 chance of working is to Change your responses towards your spouses weakness and this might appeal to the persons conscience to adjust.
anger is also a medical issue
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by laikas: 7:11am On Nov 23, 2016
dangotesmummy:
Ignore her.nothing quells an aggressive woman more than ignoring her.just leave the house for her for like a month. Go and stay with a friend in another city or lodge in a hotel.by the time you come back she go Don simmer undecided

What does the bible say about quarelsome women

Another thing that might cause her unnecessary aggression is maybe you're not grinding the place well with your D tongue
true sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by godquality: 7:13am On Nov 23, 2016
Muafrika2:
Professional therapy
This here my friend is the best/only solution to such person. If she's quick tempered to everybody and everyone, then she needs help. Forget about those spiritual nonsense, get her a good therapist who can get to the root cause of this behaviour and assist her in reducing it. I don't think it will completely go away but it might just reduce it.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by frankopit: 7:13am On Nov 23, 2016
Family trait. She aquired the knowldge from her mother QED.some families does that and the kids female and male copy it.

U can not remove it from her gene.
It's well embedded in her genetic factor.
Solution :
Show her your mental madness too.crazzz too, tell her to stop complaining, if she knows you are not too willing to be listening she go stop.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Wolfbrother(m): 7:13am On Nov 23, 2016
Step 1 Build time machine
Step 2 Travel to the past
Step 3 Dropkick yourself at the alter
Step 4 Slap yourself at the alter
Step 5 Ask your best man to join you in stomping yourself at the alter
Step 6 Kidnap unconscious past self
Step 7 Warn past self about marrying someone with a short temper
Step 8 Return to future where timeline has been corrected and you are married to someone better
Step 9 ? ??
Step 10 Profit

1 Like

Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by agrovick(m): 7:16am On Nov 23, 2016
A better option is talking to Antonio Conte to find out the method he used in taming Diego Costa gringringrin
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by revolt(m): 7:18am On Nov 23, 2016
divinelove:

You saw all these and still married her, jst dnt annoy when she is cooking with the kitchen knife arnd except u wanna go and meet your ancestors angry angry angry
all of Una wey never marry go dey talk rubbish. no matter how u think u know ur babe during courtship even if you guys are cohabiting u don't even know half of that girl till u pUT a ring on that.....Then the real her crawls out....do Mr oga it's more of luck. A very troublesome woman can give a 30 yr old hbp.

It's either you walkout or u take her bs for life. oohh lest I forget... wait for the blackmail when it gets nasty. These women don't think twice before they hurt you bUT always expect u to be understanding

Do u know what it means to quarrel and argue 6 days a week. You simply develop hatred for the bitch....trust me I know wht I'm saying here.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by calebokey45(m): 7:19am On Nov 23, 2016
Just ignore her
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by gulfer: 7:19am On Nov 23, 2016
@OP, please confirm how you ended up with this person as it's apparent this trait was obvious all along or was it masked during courtship? angry angry angry
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by DIVFAVOR(m): 7:20am On Nov 23, 2016
Nutase:
You either get used to it or take a walk.
The truth about marriage is you CANNOT change anyone.
The only attempt you can make at changing your spouse which has a 50 50 chance of working is to Change your responses towards your spouses weakness and this might appeal to the persons conscience to adjust.

I think I will go with this, in a nutshell, anger is demonic and affect one's way of life, for me your solution to manage her will be;
1. Stop feeding or nourishing the spirit of anger in her, do not accept her actions all the time especially when you know she is wrong, though its difficult now to stop, but give it a trial. When she notice you no longer pet her actions she will think of something else, which you are already prepared to matched.
2. She must acknowledge she has a problem and the problem is anger, there you can profound a solution by getting her a professional therapist.
3. Pray for her, Pray for her again pray for her if you want to save and keep your marriage. anger is one of the strongest tools used in destroying someone's life. she may not really know what she is doing, this anger might be her own possess tool in her life, hence, she need deliverance.
4. Third law of motion, action and reaction are equal and opposite, ask for strength to withstand her doings, and let her know she must not have her ways all the time.
5. threaten to seize back those things she likes or loves most if she does not control her anger.
6. Be very careful in all you do, and your actions with her because when she is possessed with such spirit, she is never herself until her actions is seen, which she may likely regret after the deed after it has being done. Stay away from her in the kitchen to avoid her stabbing you with a knife. take her away from your valuable things when she is angry, unless you have money to replace them all the time. destroying things give them joy even when they are crying.
7. Show her more love and care, let her know she can fight it, tell her the positive things about her, let her know anger is not part of her and she can let go.
Bros, I pray for you to succeed in this battle. thank you.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by JuanDeDios: 7:21am On Nov 23, 2016
sisisioge:
Hmmmm, the man no notice this behavior while courting her ba? Well, he should try to develop long temper too. That's the only way they can last.

Whew! Can't deal man.
I wonder o! There's no way I'm walking on eggshells around someone in my home. Nobody, man or woman, should have to go through that.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:25am On Nov 23, 2016
Waladade4luv:

she's lucky to have a long tempered hubby like you.

If to say nah me, I would have autodetected during courtship, and the union would never exist.

Life is too short, to spend it with a nagging hot tempered wife.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by alizma: 7:27am On Nov 23, 2016
hilaryJustiN:
see encouragement to do more
encouragement to do more as how?
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Rosarie(f): 7:31am On Nov 23, 2016
if you want to give advice do so but pls stop advicing divorce

1 Like

Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Uniquequy(m): 7:32am On Nov 23, 2016
Discuss it with her when she's in a good mood.
Let her realized how people like her are being portrayed. pray with her and always include it while praying with her. above all, pray for her in your closet and advice her. It's well with your family INJ.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 23, 2016
Has she always been like this?
This anger could be a sign of depression if its a change in her usual attitude.
You need to have a sit down with her and make her open up about her worries.. sometimes we bottle unhealthy things inside... try talking to her before you get upset yourself. She might need help.

Let me add a small personal experience. I've been married for 5 years but we have been together for 12 so I knew exactly who I was getting married to. However, when she got pregnant... we decided she'll give birth overseas and so she quit her job since she was going to be away for a long while. She didn't go back to work after the birth and became a stay at home wife to raise our first then we had a second... bla bla bla

Needless to say, this is an independent woman who has been supporting her family without needing to ask me and now with a change of status she is unable to so there was family issues, then there was just too much work raising our kids... she had sleepless nights on top of loosing her financial independence... She became quite irritated easily. She became just as angry as your wife without really knowing why.

We worked through it and now we are happier than when we were dating sef. But it took a lot of talking and self awareness to cross that bridge.

Your wife might be goibgbthrough something she is unable to talk about or even unaware of. Marriage means you stand by her and work through it... hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by anyicash(m): 7:39am On Nov 23, 2016
It is practically impossible to live happily with that kinda woman, my broda flee.
Re: How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? by Alariwo2: 7:40am On Nov 23, 2016
basingstoke:
Now, a man has spoken. You simply capture it all. For some, the more love you show the more they think you are a weakling

Exactly
and in the process they make you bitter towards them.. you tend to lose it due to their stupidity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

17 Years Of Meeting My Wife / Zimbabwean Woman Beats Her Husband For Denying Her Sex / I'm Tired, My Husband Is Mentally Challenged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.