Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,490 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

... Just Lower Yourself To The Ground - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ... Just Lower Yourself To The Ground (485 Views)

Pastor Chukwuemeka Ohanaemere Slams Man On The Ground For Deliverance (VIDEO) / Church Members Flog The Ground (Video) / Lord's Chosen Members Lie On The Ground, Perform Stunts In Benin. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

... Just Lower Yourself To The Ground by Fingerprinter(m): 5:53pm On Nov 19, 2016
I still remember that evening in my family compound. It was around 2005 or thereabout. I was in junior secondary then. My cousins had brought some 'prayer people' home. There was going to be a family deliverance. The family was under an ancestral curse and it was time for 'God' to deliver the extended family that night according to them.
So that night, every member of the extended family was around for the prayers. Around 8pm, the whole thing started. It wasn't up to 10 minutes after the prayers started that I started hearing different tongues. Those were my cousin sisters, they were rolling on the ground. Apparently, the anointing of the 'prayer people' had fallen on them. Soon it was time for laying of hands. The men of God were calling everyone to the center so that hands would be laid on him or her. When it got to my turn, I went to the center stage. The man of God having poured a great quantity of olive oil on my forehead starting 'delivering' me. After almost ten minutes, I had not fallen down; despite the way he was twisting my head. He concluded that I had a stubborn spirit and to save face, he lowered his mouth unto my ears and what he said I've not forgotten till this day. "just lower yourself to the ground, allow the Holy Spirit to use you", the pastor had said. Not being ready to go against my conscience, and to 'allow' the holy spirit to use me for the pastor's vain glory. I ignored him. When he saw that I was not yielding, he left me to continue 'delivering' other people.
I haven't forgotten the quantity of olive oil they poured away that day though. It was up to 20 liters, that even up till this day, grasses have refused to grow on some of the spots, because of the amount of olive oil poured on it.

If you've had similar experience(s), please share!

1 Like

Re: ... Just Lower Yourself To The Ground by osumak2: 5:45am On Nov 20, 2016
kiss
Re: ... Just Lower Yourself To The Ground by Fingerprinter(m): 8:33am On Nov 20, 2016
Lalasticlala, Seun might love to share their own experiences.

(1) (Reply)

The Chosen Daily Devotional 25th Dec. 2016 / The Six Categories Of Spirituality. / The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.