Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Are You Aware As Christians That You Being Judged In Heaven Now? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Aware As Christians That You Being Judged In Heaven Now? (2942 Views)

10 Kinds Of Christians That Put A Smile On God's Face / 10 Classes Of Christians That Make God Weep. / Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Aware As Christians That You Being Judged In Heaven Now? by Bobbyaf(m): 11:56pm On Jan 05, 2007
Every one of you, including me, will be judged by our life's record. Did you know that that judgement began in heaven and was predicted by Daniel the prophet. This judgement is actually the atonement process that started some time after Christ went to heaven.

Daniel 8:14
14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

The sanctuary is the control tower of the universe where God dwells. Inside that Sanctuary lies the heavenly temple that John saw and in which Christ our High Priest is making intercession for us in the judgement hour.

This first phase of judgment considers only those who claim to be God's children. Everyone who professes to be God's will be judged first. Listen to Peter's saying:

1 Peter 4:17
17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Listen to John's saying

John 20:12
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Some people believe that people will stand literally before God to give an account, but here the bible is saying that even those who were dead their lifes' record will come up for review.

Ecclesiastes 12:14
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Psalms 56:8
8 Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?

A. Jesus is our advocate (1 John 2:1).
B. Jesus is our judge (John 5:22).
C. Jesus is our faithful and true witness (Revelation 3:14).

Every man has a probationary time in which to make things right with God. This judgement was designed to assist us in getting it right, because Jesus is our advocate we have nothing to lose, be cause He is on our side. Listen to what Jesus said:

Revelation 22:11,12
11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. 12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

After the judgement whatever condition in which you find yourself will remain. The righhteous will remain so, and like wise the wicked. Both sets of people will recieve thier reward after the heavenly verdict is passed.

So when Jesus returns thats it. There will be no more chances for those who didn't make it right. Now if you hear His "voice harden not your hearts"
Re: Are You Aware As Christians That You Being Judged In Heaven Now? by agent0(m): 12:18am On Jan 06, 2007
Amen! I always find that the simpliest and most succinct responses hit the nail the hardest on the truth, This is what really distinguishes the Bible as valid, relevant and profound considering how long it has survived. Other religions and doctrines fail to offer as complete a book of origins, standards and wisdom as the Bible, while some (atheism) don't even have any standards,
Re: Are You Aware As Christians That You Being Judged In Heaven Now? by Aggressa(m): 12:41am On Jan 06, 2007
@Bobbyaf,
Sir, thanks for this post,,,,,but I have a couple of worries which I will like you to clarify just for 'oneness' of our Gospel and for the edification of the saints reading!
First, Are you saying we are being Judged from Heaven even as we are on earth and alive right now, according to the topic of your post?

Secondly, what exactly do you mean by the term "judgement" from your posts?

Thirdly, Do you know and agree that there are actually 4 (four) Judgements scripturally?; each occuring at different times. (In fact, one has occured on the cross i.e. Judgement of Sin; second is Judgement of saints/men at death or rapture; 3rd is Jugement of Nations; and fourth is the Great White throne Judgement or the second death of Revelations 20:12 and not John 20:12)

(NB: Hebrews 9:27: And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but "AFTER" this the judgment.)
Re: Are You Aware As Christians That You Being Judged In Heaven Now? by Bobbyaf(m): 1:23am On Jan 06, 2007
@Bobbyaf,
Sir, thanks for this post,,,,,but I have a couple of worries which I will like you to clarify just for 'oneness' of our Gospel and for the edification of the saints reading!

I will try to answer as best I can using the scriptures of course.  cool

First, Are you saying we are being Judged from Heaven even as we are on earth and alive right now, according to the topic of your post?

Yes both the dead and those who are alive are being judged now, but according to Peter this judgement must begin first with God's people. You see, it wouldn't make sense for God to judge the saints after they go to heaven. He would have to judge us now before Jesus returns, so that our judgement will be out of the way.

Logically He would have had to start with the dead saints' records first before moving on to the living. That is why the bible says after death is the judgement, at least at first for the saints. So from Adam's time coming up to our time God would have had a record fo r every man.

I mean an investigation of the deeds done in the flesh based on the texts I gave earlier in my opening post. The sanctuary in OT times pre-figured this judgement. It was a type of Christ's heavenly atonement ministry. The day of atonement that came once a year was God's way of cleansing it from the record of sins that were piled up during the year. Like wise God's heavenly sanctuary according to Daniel would have been cleansed some time into the future. He gave us the starting point of the 2300 day prophecy, which also co-incided with the start of the 70 weeks prophecy. Both had the same starting point, and in fact the 70 weeks period was cut out from that larger period of 2300 days.

So if we count from BC 457 and subtract that from 2300 years we will get the starting point of the judgement. 1844 to be exact.

Thirdly, Do you know and agree that there are actually 4 (four) Judgements scripturally?; each occuring at different times. (In fact, one has occured on the cross i.e. Judgement of Sin;

In a sense yes, in that we were spared that condemnation or judgement that Christ suffered.

second is Judgement of saints/men at death or rapture

Well that is the one of which I speak now. It has to take place before Christ returns. Not quite sure what you mean by the judgement at rapture. Kindly expound.

3rd is Jugement of Nations; and fourth is the Great White throne Judgement or the second death of Revelations 20:12 and not John 20:12)

Well, the white throne judgement is for the wicked after the 1000 years. These wicked who would have been resurrected after the 1000 years, were the ones who didn't take part in the 1st resurrection. The bible says blessed are those who take part in the 1st resurrection.

The white throne judgement will reveal to the wicked their deeds done in the flesh. They will have no excuse.
Re: Are You Aware As Christians That You Being Judged In Heaven Now? by Bobbyaf(m): 1:30am On Jan 06, 2007
@ Agent0

Amen! I always find that the simpliest and most succinct responses hit the nail the hardest on the truth, This is what really distinguishes the Bible as valid, relevant and profound considering how long it has survived. Other religions and doctrines fail to offer as complete a book of origins, standards and wisdom as the Bible, while some (atheism) don't even have any standards,

For real indeed. The prophecies of the bible are my biggest help in seeing the bible as God's inspired words. Besides that the bible covers the whole aspect of life. There isn't anything in life it doesn't address, and that is why I find these athiests and their theories so empty and vain, and as a result their lives are also vain and empty.
Re: Are You Aware As Christians That You Being Judged In Heaven Now? by Bobbyaf(m): 11:27pm On Jan 07, 2007

The illustration above shows the time span from BC457 - AD34 which represents 490 literal years of bible prophecy. If we subtract 457 from 2300 years we end up in the year 1844 which starts the cleansing of the heavenly sanctuary.

It is this cleansing that is called the judgment or the opening of the books.
Re: Are You Aware As Christians That You Being Judged In Heaven Now? by Bobbyaf(m): 12:22am On Jan 08, 2007

In A.D. 34, there remained 1,810 years of the 2,300-day prophecy. (Note dates in diagram above.) Adding 1,810 years to A.D. 34 brings us to the autumn of 1844. The angel said that at that time, the heavenly sanctuary would be cleansed. (The earthly sanctuary was destroyed in A.D. 70.) Jesus, our high priest in heaven (Hebrews 4:14-16; 8:1-5), began removing the records of sin from the heavenly sanctuary (Revelation 20:12; Acts 3:19-21) in 1844. This first phase of the judgment is called the pre-advent judgment because it takes place before Jesus' second coming.
Re: Are You Aware As Christians That You Being Judged In Heaven Now? by poweredcom(m): 10:19pm On Oct 07, 2010

Thirdly, Do you know and agree that there are actually 4 (four) Judgements scripturally?; each occuring at different times. (In fact, one has occured on the cross i.e. Judgement of Sin; second is Judgement of saints/men at death or rapture; 3rd is Jugement of Nations; and fourth is the Great White throne Judgement or the second death of Revelations 20:12 and not John 20:12)

(NB: Hebrews 9:27: And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but "AFTER" this the judgment.)

.I believe in a supreme being God, Ok know how to use word not writing any how thinking you know religion, any body that id dead is dead .You Bible says it, Ashes from Ashes Dust to dust, person don die do die, There is no real place like heaven or hell, its just a state of mind

God that created us, with a heart and he  is a loving father and understands he cant torment us his children forever. and judgmental does not occur after death.it when the world comes to an end everyone. will be called upon,  and no ones knows when, its a world without end, some thing like, Only he , high and high knows, its only that , Ok @Aggressa can you throw your child to a lion den if he/she steals a lot, lie never, Use your head.not talking trash here what you see, even what you see in KJV bible is no appropriate, it has ben adulterated by the then King James of England, he called poets to translate hebrew, to english so many chapters were forgone.that is why the Bible is the world best kept secret, its no complete that why its  a confused book, today its the westerners that caused it, they use it to conquer the world, to do their evil doings like slavery and accumulating lands and territory its , the british king james and his crew, that did it,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-517287.0.html#msg6817656
Re: Are You Aware As Christians That You Being Judged In Heaven Now? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:25pm On Oct 08, 2010
^^^ you have not fully understood the Bible. It is a fixed but moving target,It can be completely filled with matter or void, it can be real and unreal, it can be plain common-sense or a mind-numbing mystery. It can pull a rabbit out of a hat and shove-poo-back-up-your-arse.

When you truly understand how most followers of religions reason, you will appreciate your state of mental sanity dearly  smiley
Re: Are You Aware As Christians That You Being Judged In Heaven Now? by alexleo(m): 11:09pm On Oct 08, 2010
@poweredcom,
God originally prepared hell for satan and his falling angels because they sinned against God. It wasnt for man originally and satan knew about it thats why he tempted man to partner with him in sining against God. it is sin that takes man to hell and not God. As for God, he has shown the highest love to man by sacrificing his beloved son that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. The bible said that whosever sins is of the devil. When one chooses to sin he is of the devil and will eventual end up where the devil is except he repents. If you are a father living in a high rise building and you warn your son on the consequences of jumping from the building which is death, if along the line the child decides to ignore your advice and jumps down from the building and dies does that make you a wicked father? That is exactly what God has done, he sent his son who has warned us of the consequences of hell. If anybody ignores the warning just like you are trying to do and goes to hell. God is not to be blamed. Stop shying away from the truth of the bible by giving it all sorts of interpretation to suit your comfort. It doesnt pay you. Be warned.
Re: Are You Aware As Christians That You Being Judged In Heaven Now? by poweredcom(m): 12:57am On Oct 09, 2010
@poweredcom,
God originally prepared hell for satan and his falling angels because they sinned against God. It wasnt for man originally and satan knew about it thats why he tempted man to partner with him in sining against God. it is sin that takes man to hell and not God. As for God, he has shown the highest love to man by sacrificing his beloved son that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. The bible said that whosever sins is of the devil. When one chooses to sin he is of the devil and will eventual end up where the devil is except he repents. If you are a father living in a high rise building and you warn your son on the consequences of jumping from the building which is death, if along the line the child decides to ignore your advice and jumps down from the building and dies does that make you a wicked father? That is exactly what God has done, he sent his son who has warned us of the consequences of hell. If anybody ignores the warning just like you are trying to do and goes to hell. God is not to be blamed. Stop shying away from the truth of the bible by giving it all sorts of interpretation to suit your comfort. It doesnt pay you. Be warned

Ogbeni use ur head to think and ur eyes to see i know ur problem you dont do research that why if you do read philosophy and history about jesus you will know that 50%what and how its written in th bible is wrong from his race to many thing

(1) (Reply)

Lucifer Is Not Satan Or The Devil / "How Wind Could Have Parted Red Sea" / A Personal Message To Deepsight And Thehomer (anyways The Message Is For U Both)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.