Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,313 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu (55690 Views)

I Was Very Sentimental When I Supported Buhari Against Jonathan – Dele Momodu / Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention / Ali Modu Sheriff Walks Out Of Goodluck Jonathan's Reconciliation Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by henryanna36: 7:56pm On Nov 19, 2016
EXTRACT FROM DELE MOMODU's ARTICLE TITLED 'THE SECOND COMING OF GOODLUCK JONATHAN'

I have been reading about the rising profile of our former President, Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, and wish to state without equivocation that no one should rule him out of the 2019 presidential race. I first hinted this possibility about two months ago and wish to reiterate that Nigerians should prepare for the shock that awaits us. The story of Donald Trump should bring us back to our senses. Nothing is impossible. The second coming of Goodluck Jonathan may be so far-fetched or even belong in those categories of impossibilities but I wish to plead with our government and my fellow citizens not to rule it out. As one of those who made our modest and humble contributions to the coming of this Buhari government, I’m pleading with trepidation.

Jonathan’s popularity is rising not because of anything he has done to atone the sins that must have led to his waterloo but as a result of what our change government has failed or refused to do. The obsession of our government with going all out after Jonathan is the main reason the Otuoke man is beginning to smell like roses after the odoriferous position he landed himself last week. Only if our government had succeeded in maintaining the economy it met, Nigerians would have been ready to enter fire with Buhari. But there are just too many unresolved problems and challenges. The excuses that Jonathan and company left this peculiar mess behind has refused to fly. The groans might not be loud enough to reverberate all the way to the Aso Rock Presidential Villa, as of now, but trust me it may become deafening, sooner than later. I do not care if men and women of power dismiss my submission with a wave of the hand but they should mark my word, there is a thickening conspiracy in the clouds. It would be a shame if we inadvertently play into the hands of those hovering and ready to pounce on Buhari.

I read about “persecution complex” long ago and I understand how it works. If you beat your own child so ruthlessly as if you want to kill him, the tilt of public opinion would always go against you. Many would wonder why you want to kill your own child. In our anger, let us pick our fights. There is too much tension in the land. I would be delighted if anyone could educate and convince me that Nigeria has gained much more than we’ve lost to this war of attrition. If we haven’t, we may need to retrace our steps urgently.

The BBC reported on Friday how Jonathan caused a stir in Sokoto State during his visit to the state to pay his respects to Ibrahim Dasuki, the late former Sultan of Sokoto. According to the report, Jonathan was received by a large crowd of admirers, some holding banners bearing the words “Come Back Baba Jonathan”. The same voices that chanted “Sai Baba” and “Jonathan Must Go” are now fiddling with the tunes of the possibility of a Jonathan to stage a comeback. Here lies the irony of political triumph and the paradox of high expectations.

The euphoria and momentum that saw the exit of Jonathan and the emergence of the Buhari change administration has since begun to wane following the inability of the new government to hit the ground running with the tenacity of a government in a hurry!

There are many who believe that the poor management of the ensuing economic recession didn’t help matters. Suddenly, Nigerians who had high hopes and voted massively for change are now caught in a limbo between confusion and uncertainty. As it stands today, the average Nigerian is confronted with the reality of an economic recession they never planned for; a situation they did not experience under the Jonathan administration and under previous governments.

Many of President Buhari’s supporters are worried that the humongous goodwill that engineered the Buhari change mantra is now being frittered away at the speed of light. The unfolding plot has now thrown up former President Jonathan as a new protagonist in Nigeria’s theatre of the absurd. For many of us who are ardent students of history, we have since learnt that nothing is impossible in the game called politics. Will history repeat itself again? Time is pregnant with answers!

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/11/extract-from-dele-momodus-article.html

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by NaijaMutant(f): 7:58pm On Nov 19, 2016
Dele Momodu is another sore loser of the Tinubu APC faction who has been sidelined by the daura cabal in aso rock.

They are unofficially wailing through different means and channels but we are not buying it cos if the daura cabal had not sidelined Tinubu and his loyalists which includes Dele, all this wailing epistles wouldn't have been written.

Watch as they rewrite history so quickly, praising a man they so maligned 18months ago.

Expect more praises of GEJ and more criticisms of Buhari from these political nonentities called loyalist, even though well educated but lack any will of their own, they sheepishly follow the orders of the godfather, they love whoever he loves and hate whoever he hates
These sets of humans are worse than Buhari's zombies undecided

325 Likes 28 Shares

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by prince985(m): 8:00pm On Nov 19, 2016
source
transgender

2 Likes

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by jumpandpas(m): 8:01pm On Nov 19, 2016
Buhari, Ntooooor!.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by mightyhazel: 8:01pm On Nov 19, 2016
Buhari is a disaster! Even a stone will defeat him com 2019!

280 Likes 14 Shares

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by tolexy007(m): 8:11pm On Nov 19, 2016
Hunger don nack boda Dele well well grin

And GEJ right now cheesy

122 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by Nebuchadnezar: 8:16pm On Nov 19, 2016
God bless gej
watch as useless zombies will call delemomodu ipod yoot
useless people
hopeless vagabonds only fit for gallows cheesy
gej should not come back he's better off now
Kiss the truth

180 Likes 10 Shares

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by Nebuchadnezar: 8:16pm On Nov 19, 2016
tonyebarcanista won't like this grin

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by chimerase2: 8:20pm On Nov 19, 2016
undecided
Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by NaijaMutant(f): 8:20pm On Nov 19, 2016
GEJ is not seeking reelection, pls don't use him as a bait in your fight with the daura cabals.

Just take heart, The daura cabals outsmarted the Lagos Ibadan expressway political mercenaries despite their sophisticated education.

If you want to wail, Pls buy a form and register officially grin

327 Likes 34 Shares

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by MeAboki(m): 8:21pm On Nov 19, 2016
Nonsense, anyone with little common sense would know that GEJ was the worst ever head of state; he presided over unprecedented looting of the country and literally wasted away our future.

210 Likes 26 Shares

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 19, 2016
If you want to know the mind of Tinubu, then listen to Dele Momodu.

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by ajepako(f): 8:25pm On Nov 19, 2016
Oga GEJ abeg dont come back...

Even if abookiis and Mr Momodu like...make them shed tears of blood...

Dont come back....Continue to flenjo and enjoy your good life...

Let their 'messiah' and 'superhero' fix the economic, religious and ethic mess he is creating with his utterances and bigotry...

"My ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian'....GEJ..

272 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by 9jalyte: 8:31pm On Nov 19, 2016
MeAboki:
Nonsense, anyone with little common sense would know that GEJ was the worst ever head of state; he presided over unprecedented looting of the country and literally wasted away our future.

Really? So in your mind you have "common sense". Chai, the butterfly thinks himself he is a bird. Just take a look at comments above and conclude for yourself where you belong - the inconsequential few. Keep nursing your wounded heart and ego, I can imagine what you will be feeling when you look yourself in the mirror and see the face of someone whose vote put Nigeria in a mess.

323 Likes 17 Shares

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 19, 2016
Dele Momodu is a commercial public communication consultant. He's obviously on retainers with Diezani and the Santa Claus people. He's fulfilling his commercial obligations. I'm waiting for GEJ to contest. It's gonna be interesting.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by peterdrury: 8:35pm On Nov 19, 2016
Come back and do what Na, so that he would give another contract to buy stove, and others too numerous to mention. I'm still waiting for the stove. It's a shame that we forget so soon in this country of ours.

http://thenationonlineng.net/jonathan-releases-n5b-to-buy-stoves-for-rural-women/

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by OsunOriginal: 8:38pm On Nov 19, 2016
henryanna36:
EXTRACT FROM DELE MOMODU's ARTICLE TITLED 'THE SECOND COMING OF GOODLUCK JONATHAN'

I have been reading about the rising profile of our former President, Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, and wish to state without equivocation that no one should rule him out of the 2019 presidential race. I first hinted this possibility about two months ago and wish to reiterate that Nigerians should prepare for the shock that awaits us. The story of Donald Trump should bring us back to our senses. Nothing is impossible. The second coming of Goodluck Jonathan may be so far-fetched or even belong in those categories of impossibilities but I wish to plead with our government and my fellow citizens not to rule it out. As one of those who made our modest and humble contributions to the coming of this Buhari government, I’m pleading with trepidation.

Jonathan’s popularity is rising not because of anything he has done to atone the sins that must have led to his waterloo but as a result of what our change government has failed or refused to do. The obsession of our government with going all out after Jonathan is the main reason the Otuoke man is beginning to smell like roses after the odoriferous position he landed himself last week. Only if our government had succeeded in maintaining the economy it met, Nigerians would have been ready to enter fire with Buhari. But there are just too many unresolved problems and challenges. The excuses that Jonathan and company left this peculiar mess behind has refused to fly. The groans might not be loud enough to reverberate all the way to the Aso Rock Presidential Villa, as of now, but trust me it may become deafening, sooner than later. I do not care if men and women of power dismiss my submission with a wave of the hand but they should mark my word, there is a thickening conspiracy in the clouds. It would be a shame if we inadvertently play into the hands of those hovering and ready to pounce on Buhari.

I read about “persecution complex” long ago and I understand how it works. If you beat your own child so ruthlessly as if you want to kill him, the tilt of public opinion would always go against you. Many would wonder why you want to kill your own child. In our anger, let us pick our fights. There is too much tension in the land. I would be delighted if anyone could educate and convince me that Nigeria has gained much more than we’ve lost to this war of attrition. If we haven’t, we may need to retrace our steps urgently.

The BBC reported on Friday how Jonathan caused a stir in Sokoto State during his visit to the state to pay his respects to Ibrahim Dasuki, the late former Sultan of Sokoto. According to the report, Jonathan was received by a large crowd of admirers, some holding banners bearing the words “Come Back Baba Jonathan”. The same voices that chanted “Sai Baba” and “Jonathan Must Go” are now fiddling with the tunes of the possibility of a Jonathan to stage a comeback. Here lies the irony of political triumph and the paradox of high expectations.

The euphoria and momentum that saw the exit of Jonathan and the emergence of the Buhari change administration has since begun to wane following the inability of the new government to hit the ground running with the tenacity of a government in a hurry!

There are many who believe that the poor management of the ensuing economic recession didn’t help matters. Suddenly, Nigerians who had high hopes and voted massively for change are now caught in a limbo between confusion and uncertainty. As it stands today, the average Nigerian is confronted with the reality of an economic recession they never planned for; a situation they did not experience under the Jonathan administration and under previous governments.

Many of President Buhari’s supporters are worried that the humongous goodwill that engineered the Buhari change mantra is now being frittered away at the speed of light. The unfolding plot has now thrown up former President Jonathan as a new protagonist in Nigeria’s theatre of the absurd. For many of us who are ardent students of history, we have since learnt that nothing is impossible in the game called politics. Will history repeat itself again? Time is pregnant with answers!

cc; Lalasticlala,mynd44

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/11/extract-from-dele-momodus-article.html

Who are the people calling for GEJ's return? Igbos? Yeye people - the same people that could not return him to power 2015.

Buhari is on tract... Things may be hard but what option do we have? To go back to looting of the little that now comes from oil?

We know there is no free money again - people now have to work for every penny they earn. No stolen money to lavish on girl friends, properties in London and Dubai. And by extension, no free money for looters errant boys, their families and friends. All beneficiaries of looting are in trouble.

Anyway, despite recession and paucity of fund , we could see infrastructure projects going on everywhere from north to south - the projects abandoned by GEJ for looting.

This is two days running that we are enjoying power supply in my area.

Gradually, Nigeria will begin to work while professional looters and all those who benefit from corruption will continue to wail.

54 Likes 13 Shares

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by NaijaMutant(f): 8:42pm On Nov 19, 2016
OsunOriginal:

Who are the people calling for GEJ's return? Igbos? Yeye people - the same people that could not return him to power 2015.

Tinubu and Dele momodu are Igbos

You'll soon be a Igbo too it's a matter of time grin

147 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by Bujumbura(m): 8:43pm On Nov 19, 2016
I've been a fan of GEJ since he started in the trenches.

I will advise him to be Nelson Mandela of Peace

If Gej tries to contest again i will mobilize my PVC to vote against him

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 19, 2016
Jonathan isn't coming back. He has served the nation to the best of his ability and has moved on to other things. How posterity will remember him is already unfolding before us.

Dele was one of the people who chorused the CHANGE mantra the loudest. The last two years must have taught him never to mistake an orange for an apple.

133 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by dumie(f): 8:53pm On Nov 19, 2016
Bunch of confused square pegs in a round hole undecided

5 Likes

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by OsunOriginal: 8:57pm On Nov 19, 2016
NaijaMutant:

Tinubu and Dele momodu are Igbos

You'll soon be a Igbo too it's a matter of time grin

You will be crowning your foolishness if you think Tinubu is fighting APC/Buhari because Nigeria economy is in recession or bad shape.

Tinubu is fighting for control and sharing of national cake. This has been the traditional and entrenched expectation of politicians like Tinubu. BUhari is not allowing this and the reason he is flexing muscle in SW. He will humbled very soon.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 19, 2016
And wailing continues ---------------------------------------------------------------------------Check those names all igbos

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by NaijaMutant(f): 9:12pm On Nov 19, 2016
OsunOriginal:

You will be crowning your foolishness if you think Tinubu is fighting APC/Buhari because Nigeria economy is in recession or bad shape.

Tinubu is fighting for control and sharing of national cake. This has been the traditional and entrenched expectation of politicians like Tinubu. BUhari is not allowing this and the reason he is flexing muscle in SW. He will humbled very soon.

I usually don't dignify people like you with a response, but I'll do you that favour undecided

Your first paragraph has no iota of sense in it.

Your second paragraph corroborates my point except for the last sentence which is only the wish of a drowning man.

Next time While on a discuss, stay on the subject matter and ensure full comprehension before making comments.

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by Jokerman(m): 9:12pm On Nov 19, 2016
Tinubu is a wailing wailer

13 Likes

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by NaijaMutant(f): 9:13pm On Nov 19, 2016
supportnija:
And wailing continues ---------------------------------------------------------------------------Check those names all igbos

Including Dele momodu grin grin grin

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by OsunOriginal: 9:15pm On Nov 19, 2016
NaijaMutant:

Including Dele momodu grin grin grin

Man, Dele has been wailing since he was not given any appointment. He is not a new wailer.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by NaijaMutant(f): 9:19pm On Nov 19, 2016
OsunOriginal:

Man, Dele has been wailing since he was not given any appointment. He is not a new wailer.

And who is man undecided

12 Likes

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by vibzy: 9:20pm On Nov 19, 2016
MeAboki:

can't you post your comment without insulting citizens with diverse opinion ? must everybody think like you ?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by PaulIdu: 9:23pm On Nov 19, 2016
NaijaMutant:
Dele Momodu is another sore loser of the Tinubu APC faction who has been sidelined by the daura cabal in aso rock.

They are unofficially wailing through different means and channels but we are not buying it cos if the daura cabal had not sidelined Tinubu and his loyalists which includes Dele, all this wailing epistles wouldn't have been written.

Watch as they rewrite history so quickly, praising a man they so maligned 18months ago.

Expect more praises of GEJ and more criticisms of Buhari from these political nonentities called loyalist, even though well educated but lack any will of their own, they sheepishly follow the orders of the godfather, they love whoever he loves and hate whoever he hates
These sets of humans are worse than Buhari's zombies undecided

Buhari govt is the most purposeless govt in history of mankind ..No road map,no KPI , no expectations ..Buhari is a failure period and nobody can mask that

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 19, 2016
MeAboki:

Lol

Next... ..

3 Likes

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 19, 2016
Am sure if he is an ambassadoral nominee or a minister, he won't say such. But actually many people have lost interest in buhari administration. He is slow, not really know how to turn things around and to make things worse, he is surrounded by manual men that are too old to brainstorm and shop for new ideas to make thing perfect in the country.
No technocrats, no think thank team, no blue print or charisma. Just imagine a minister saying going for world cup tournament is a waste of money because they will never win anything. But let the time comes, his entourage will be greater than the whole of super eagles team put together. They call Jonathan clueless, but this is more useless, directionless , brainless and visionless government. We have entered a one chance ,change vehicle.

26 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photo Of A Soldier Using Shovel To Eat As Plate / Rotimi Amaechi Caught On Camera Sleeping At His 52nd Birthday Lecture / Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.