Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,949 members, 7,799,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Black Or White Skin! See What Have Taken Over Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Black Or White Skin! See What Have Taken Over Nigeria (774 Views)

See What Bleaching Has Done To Her Skin (see Photos) / Michael Jackson Black Or White / Why Do Nigerians Bow Before White Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Black Or White Skin! See What Have Taken Over Nigeria by Betafalex(m): 11:44pm On Nov 19, 2016
Do you know that there are places of which you cannot enter why? Because of the color of your skin. I have seen in many part of the country, some places like in Airport, in High Schools, in Military office, in University, even inside church today, the light skinned one are seen as the good one and worship while you(dark skinned somebody) is badly treated, your presence alone can cause a problem.

Hi! my name is Friday Alex – The Relationship Doc. and today I will like to talk about The Black And Light Skinned People, so I urge you to read on…!

I have come to realize that people are sometimes treated based on the color of their skin. No, I’m not talking about racism per se. I mean ‘colorism’ how light or dark your skin is.

Do you know that It’s so rampant in Nigeria nowadays. When we Nigerians treat our fellow ‘black’ men based on if they are dark skinned Nigerians or light skinned Nigerians, it’s sort of irritating. I’ve seen it more than once, at first the day i went to the US Embassy in Abuja to acquire some important information, that day i saw hell, and not saying that my skin is dark, Some of us Nigerian working at the Embassy that day didn’t gave me that full attention so i was left with a fear of not getting what i came for, those guys out there cared for the light skinned people and that means light skinned people are treated better than those with darker skin for no sensible reason if I might add. Human beings are equal.

Hi my name is Friday Alex from Abia State, I don’t have any issue with light skinned people, they are after all people. What I do have a huge issue with is this whole ‘light skin privilege, those who think that because of their natural complexion they are a notch higher than everyone else and those who are stupid enough to think that being lighter skinned makes them better people. Odd thought!
The whole light skinned propaganda has gone too far. Some Nigerian celebrities have altered their complexion from dark to light (not calling out any names but we know who they are) and a lot of the popular celebs are dating light skinned females like dark skinned girls aren’t people too.

Personally I am not up for skin bleaching lightening or whatever politically correct B.S name they are going with. It may sound odd because I would support someone who wanted breast augmentation surgery but how I rationalize it is, if someone gets a boob job, she’d still look like herself with a bigger rack. However when a person decides to pick a different shade of skin color like its nail polish, they look like someone else entirely.

In fact a friend could walk past such a fellow and not recognize them because that’s not the color of skin they are familiar with.

What I’ve noticed amongst ladies (guys bleach too) that move to foreign countries, some of them mysteriously begin to get lighter and lighter and I know it’s not the air or the weather that makes them lighter because a number of us have lived in foreign countries and didn’t come back shades lighter.

Click To Read More From the post http://ife66.com/skin-lightning

(1) (Reply)

Checkout Nature At Its Best (pictures) / Again…. Married Kenyan Woman Gets Stuck With Boyfriend While Having Sex / Chat Rooms Sites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.