Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,011 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson (13354 Views)

Stephanie Idolor Is A Scam—man Who Visited Success’ Mom Narrates What Happened / What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? / Tanzanian Conjoined Twins Want To Become Teachers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 20, 2016
Dr. Ben Carson seemed to have risen to popularity due to the conjoined twins he separated in 1987. Being the first to do so and also a Black neurosurgeon coupled with his inspirational background somehow made the ovation last longer than it should be.

The set of conjoined twins separated were Patrick and Benjamin Binder from Ulm in Germany.

Now, to what happened to them. After the surgery, the twins were permanently disabled and were taken to a disabled people's home by their parents.

Although one of them is late, the second is likely to remain there for the rest of his life.

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by KealDrogo: 11:04am On Nov 20, 2016
Op. Post the source of this news na. I'm interested about this particular topic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 20, 2016
KealDrogo:
Op. Post the source of this news na. I'm interested about this particular topic.

I researched out of curiosity.. its from different sources

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by efembaba(m): 12:59pm On Nov 20, 2016
So what's this supposed to teach us?? That he didn't do a good job??

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by Activityj(m): 1:22pm On Nov 20, 2016
Complainers and haters are not my friend!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by Kidzzy(m): 1:23pm On Nov 20, 2016
so what's the essence of separating them surgically undecided

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by extwoo(m): 2:33pm On Nov 20, 2016
So all that energy used to separate those kids was for nothing?? cry

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 20, 2016
Activityj:
Complainers and haters are not my friend!

it's a completion of the half story...

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by idris4r83(m): 2:58pm On Nov 20, 2016
Either op is misinformed or a blatant liar. See the recent pix of Patrick and Benjamin binder

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by edwapkalmeed(m): 3:08pm On Nov 20, 2016
IT IS EVEN ON WIKIPEDIA AM SUPRISED THEY ARE IN VEGETABLE STATE
THE MOTHER SAID SHE REGRETED IT AND THE FATHER ENDED UP BEEN AN ALCOHOL ADDICT

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_and_Benjamin_Binder

2 Likes

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by angeltolly(f): 3:47pm On Nov 20, 2016
splenzard:

I researched out of curiosity.. its from different sources

Those 10 lines up there are from different sources yet you can't put at least one? Haven't you heard of references in research work?

Please include your sources so others can learn too

Modified.......

edwapkalmeed:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_and_Benjamin_Binder
it is true
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 20, 2016
idris4r83:
Either op is misinformed or a blatant liar. See the recent pix of Patrick and Benjamin binder

that picture is photograph of Krista and Tatiana Hogan which are Canadians and not the binder twins

4 Likes

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by idris4r83(m): 5:06pm On Nov 20, 2016

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by deanoffaculty: 5:26pm On Nov 20, 2016
Wow!!! GIFTED HANDS and lucky twins.....

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by idris4r83(m): 5:45pm On Nov 20, 2016
splenzard:

that picture is photograph of Krista and Tatiana Hogan which are Canadians and not the binder twins
Krista and Tatiana Hogan are still unseparated and currently living in Canada bro. Google is free of charge

9 Likes

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by braimeddy: 6:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
Op u can lie for Africa. Pls don't post false info on niaraland
Cc; mynd44

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by braimeddy: 6:03pm On Nov 20, 2016
Cc; mynd44 , lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 20, 2016

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by FineWine94(f): 6:36pm On Nov 20, 2016
Lessons have to be learnt from somewhere. Other scientists have learnt a great deal from the effects caused by the surgery.

2 Likes

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by idris4r83(m): 6:39pm On Nov 20, 2016
splenzard:

I have seen it before, I believed until I found out the truth
how did u find the truth?

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by drss2(m): 7:08pm On Nov 20, 2016
deanoffaculty:
Wow!!! GIFTED HANDS and lucky twins.....
"gifted hands." one of my favorite books.

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by emekachimek: 7:28pm On Nov 20, 2016
To the author and OP,who even told you all surgeries will give you a perfect result; no surgery is without complications. He must have counselled the parents on the prognosis (outcome, that is to say). I'm sure he didn't bundle the twins to the theatre; he had informed consent of the parents. This post is nothing but a defamation of character born out of ignorance.

6 Likes

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 20, 2016
idris4r83:
how did u find the truth?
google is free bro, stop your silly ignorant misquotes

2 Likes

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 20, 2016
emekachimek:
To the author and OP,who even told you all surgeries will give you a perfect result; no surgery is without complications. He must have counselled the parents on the prognosis (outcome, that is to say). I'm sure he didn't bundle the twins to the theatre; he had informed consent of the parents. This post is nothing but a defamation of character born out of ignorance.

Defamation of character? did I defame your dad?

I only shared what I found and not for tiny minds to start scurrying about

4 Likes

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 20, 2016
braimeddy:
Cc; mynd44

guy even if you are dumb, you don't have to tell the world. Try google and not blogs

2 Likes

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 20, 2016
idris4r83:
Krista and Tatiana Hogan are still unseparated and currently living in Canada bro. Google is free of charge

WTF are you saying? the separated Twins are the Binder twins and not the Hogans'

2 Likes

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by idris4r83(m): 8:05pm On Nov 20, 2016
splenzard:

WTF are you saying? the separated Twins are the Binder twins and not the Hogans'
it's obvious u are under the influence of alcohol and that's why u are contradicting yourself. U said they are not and now u say they are.

4 Likes

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by idris4r83(m): 8:09pm On Nov 20, 2016
splenzard:

google is free bro, stop your silly ignorant misquotes
when u asked me a question I gave reference cos am sure of myself. U are saying rubbish, without any reference. That's an attitude of a drunk fellow. Check out your comments, it's not even your fault, it's mine for even wasting my precious time.

3 Likes

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 20, 2016
idris4r83:
it's obvious u are under the influence of alcohol and that's why u are contradicting yourself. U said they are not and now u say they are.

Baba na wa for you o. The picture of the two cojoined twins are the Binders (Patrick And Benjamin), while the picture of the grown twins are the Hogans. the picture is false as the conjoined twins are different from the grown up twins.

is that too difficult to understand?

2 Likes

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by 9jaBloke: 8:29pm On Nov 20, 2016
That part of the story is hushed but it's the truth. The twins never fully recovered.

The fact still remains that Ben Carson performed the first successful separation of siamese twins joined at the cranium. It's a breakthrough operation in the field of pediatric neurosurgery.

The deal was to separate them alive, which was achieved. Patrick slipped into a coma shortly after their return to Germany and didn't come out of it. Benjamin is still alive.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by idris4r83(m): 8:31pm On Nov 20, 2016
splenzard:

Baba na wa for you o. The picture of the two cojoined twins are the Binders (Patrick And Benjamin), while the picture of the grown twins are the Hogans. the picture is false as the conjoined twins are different from the grown up twins.

is that too difficult to understand?
the Hogans are still conjoined bro https://www.nairaland.com/1825841/10-worlds-most-famous-conjoined

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To Conjoined Twins Separated By Ben Carson by idris4r83(m): 8:33pm On Nov 20, 2016
Or rather check this Wikipedia

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

ASUU Strike Latest Development, Imsu To Resume Next Week! / Ode Lawson Ogamenyi, UNIJOS First Deaf Graduate (Photos) / Schools Admitted Candidates Who Didn’t Sit For UTME —JAMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.