Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

How I Made It Big In Oil Business – Folorunsho Alakija - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Made It Big In Oil Business – Folorunsho Alakija (476 Views)

Folorunsho Alakija Gorgeous In Native Wear, Poses With Her Numerous Awards / Folorunsho Alakija Is Building Famfa Towers, Costs N60 Billion / Folorunsho Alakija In The Mood Of Worship (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Made It Big In Oil Business – Folorunsho Alakija by pislok: 3:47pm On Nov 20, 2016
Sometime last week, I was priviledged to meet the graceful Mrs. Folorunsho Alakija, Nigerian billionaire businesswoman, philanthropist and Africa’s second richest woman. I spent over 3 hours in her office where we had some interesting conversations. I find the story of her life and acquisition of her oil blocks hugely instructive and thought to share some with you below. It didn’t begin all rosy for her, either. In her own words, she narrates how, despite spotting key loopholes in the petroleum sector, doing stressful paper works, documentations et al, they were declined operating license on several occasions. It’s quite a long read, but the lessons are worth the time. – Isaac Oladipupo

Our foray into the oil business was not at all planned. Like so many other things in life, God ordained this venture through grace. In January 1991, a friend approached us with request for assistance with the sourcing of Nigerian crude oil for export to America by an American company. We sought an appointment with the Nigerian Petroleum Minister, who explained that there was very little margin for lifting crude oil, and that the company should be invited to invest in Nigeria instead of exporting oil to America. We delivered the invitation to invest locally, but the American company declined the offer. Out interest in the Petroleum industry now roused we offered that the company would facilitate the transportation of crude oil from one location to another. The Petroleum Minister turned us down again, this time on the basis that pipelines would soon be laid and render the service obsolete. On a third visit, we came armed with an introductory letter... Read More at www.topnaija.ng/how-i-made-it-big-in-oil-business-folorunsho-alakija/

1 Share

Re: How I Made It Big In Oil Business – Folorunsho Alakija by henrydadon(m): 3:58pm On Nov 20, 2016
k

(1) (Reply)

Red Alert: Is India's War On Cash Part Of A Global Central Banking Experiment? / Become A Beauty Consultant With A Swedish Company / How To Register On MMM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.