Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Obama: Give Trump A Chance, How You Campaign Is Not Always How You Govern. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama: Give Trump A Chance, How You Campaign Is Not Always How You Govern. (1457 Views)

Isaac Fayose Describes Ibadan As A Dead City, Asks If Oyo State Still Has Govern / 'how You Campaign Isn’t Always The Same As How You Govern' – Obama Defends Trump / Buhari And His Change Begins With You Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama: Give Trump A Chance, How You Campaign Is Not Always How You Govern. by Explorers(m): 7:32pm On Nov 20, 2016
'Don't assume the worst': Obama tells world leaders in Peru 'to give Trump a chance' because 'how you campaign is not always how you govern.

While speaking in Peru in front of world leaders for the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit on Saturday, President Obama said to give 'the new president-elect a chance'.

As the president tried to tie up loose ends of his foreign policy agenda at APEC, he found that other world leaders at the town-hall style meeting in Lima were more focused on Donald Trump.

'Don't assume the worst. I think it will be important for everybody around the world to not make immediate judgments, but give this new president-elect a chance to put their team together, to examine the issues, to determine what their policies will be,' Obama said.

'How you campaign is not always how you govern.'

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3952784/US-demands-immediate-halt-airstrikes-Syria-bombings-hit-medical-facilities-Aleppo-including-children-s-hospital-incubated-babies-evacuated.html

1 Like

Re: Obama: Give Trump A Chance, How You Campaign Is Not Always How You Govern. by Tstone1(m): 7:34pm On Nov 20, 2016
Like seriously.
Re: Obama: Give Trump A Chance, How You Campaign Is Not Always How You Govern. by Explorers(m): 7:35pm On Nov 20, 2016
Obama also tried to ease the concerns of his fellow leaders who fear a Trump presidency may stomp on crucial trade deals.

Re: Obama: Give Trump A Chance, How You Campaign Is Not Always How You Govern. by Explorers(m): 7:36pm On Nov 20, 2016
Obama (pictured, with Mexico's President Enrique Pena Nieto) has tried to reassure world leaders that the U.S. will uphold its partnerships and obligations under a Trump administration.

Re: Obama: Give Trump A Chance, How You Campaign Is Not Always How You Govern. by dunkem21(m): 7:40pm On Nov 20, 2016
Obama is right..

Nigeria is a typical example cool

7 Likes

Re: Obama: Give Trump A Chance, How You Campaign Is Not Always How You Govern. by femolacqua(m): 7:46pm On Nov 20, 2016
Well said Obama.
Re: Obama: Give Trump A Chance, How You Campaign Is Not Always How You Govern. by Bluezy13(m): 7:47pm On Nov 20, 2016
dunkem21:
Obama is right..
I tell u...
Till today, Bubu still dey struggle to choose cabinet members. Too many promises and too many expectations

6 Likes

Re: Obama: Give Trump A Chance, How You Campaign Is Not Always How You Govern. by softmind24: 7:49pm On Nov 20, 2016
Buhari is a good example
Re: Obama: Give Trump A Chance, How You Campaign Is Not Always How You Govern. by talktonase(m): 7:53pm On Nov 20, 2016
Same thing APC did to Nigerians...just give trump a chance... grin
Re: Obama: Give Trump A Chance, How You Campaign Is Not Always How You Govern. by Explorers(m): 8:11pm On Nov 20, 2016
Politicians around the world make empty promises during campaign, empty threats also.
Re: Obama: Give Trump A Chance, How You Campaign Is Not Always How You Govern. by galadima77(m): 8:19pm On Nov 20, 2016
dunkem21:
Obama is right..

Lmao habaaa na

See mega example abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama: Give Trump A Chance, How You Campaign Is Not Always How You Govern. by Chipappii(m): 8:24pm On Nov 20, 2016
Some zombies be masturbating over trumps comments during his campaigns forgetting that someone somewhere said he was going to make #1=$1.

2 Likes

Re: Obama: Give Trump A Chance, How You Campaign Is Not Always How You Govern. by LeJeun3: 8:26pm On Nov 20, 2016
Re: Obama: Give Trump A Chance, How You Campaign Is Not Always How You Govern. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 20, 2016
welldone nigeria
Re: Obama: Give Trump A Chance, How You Campaign Is Not Always How You Govern. by Xhaka100(m): 9:16pm On Nov 20, 2016
Dis statement dey remind me how bubu take campaign,1dollar=1naira etc

3 Likes

Re: Obama: Give Trump A Chance, How You Campaign Is Not Always How You Govern. by delikay4luv: 9:37pm On Nov 20, 2016
This statement reminds me of Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Obama: Give Trump A Chance, How You Campaign Is Not Always How You Govern. by Nobody: 6:25am On Nov 21, 2016
Well said. The statement is made from experience.
Re: Obama: Give Trump A Chance, How You Campaign Is Not Always How You Govern. by UnlimitedIfex(m): 8:15am On Nov 21, 2016
Abeg our able presido no come d meeting or is it that our africa leaders don't attend this kind of meeting with high magnitude
Re: Obama: Give Trump A Chance, How You Campaign Is Not Always How You Govern. by mohammad11: 2:18am On Nov 24, 2016
Obama is good at given speech
Re: Obama: Give Trump A Chance, How You Campaign Is Not Always How You Govern. by zero8zero(m): 3:05am On Nov 24, 2016
Obama should go and sit down, Trump will fulfil all his campaign promises to Trumpanzees(Igbos). White house is no man's house.

Truth is mine*

1 Like

Re: Obama: Give Trump A Chance, How You Campaign Is Not Always How You Govern. by DeviIhimself: 3:21am On Nov 24, 2016
zero8zero:
Obama should go and sit down, Trump will fulfil all his campaign promises to Trumpanzees(Igbos). White house is no man's house.

Truth is mine*

hahaha my boy timemanager i catch you
kiss the truth grin

Re: Obama: Give Trump A Chance, How You Campaign Is Not Always How You Govern. by zero8zero(m): 3:36am On Nov 24, 2016
DeviIhimself:

hahaha my boy timemanager i catch you
kiss the truth grin
I guess the Mods need to put this moniker in jail. stop insinuating the wrong impression of whom i,'m not. you are warned!
Truth is mine*
Re: Obama: Give Trump A Chance, How You Campaign Is Not Always How You Govern. by moshmusth(m): 7:17am On Nov 24, 2016
softmind24:
Buhari is a good example

Re: Obama: Give Trump A Chance, How You Campaign Is Not Always How You Govern. by DeviIhimself: 7:23am On Nov 24, 2016
zero8zero:
I guess the Mods need to put this moniker in jail. stop insinuating the wrong impression of whom i,'m not. you are warned!
Truth is mine*
lol timemanager stop running am not chasing you grin

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Orders Boko Haram Troops To Kaduna And Absorbs Rest Into Nijeriyan Army / S-east Senators Tackle Amaechi Over Omission Of S-east, S-S From Rail Corridor / Fayose Visits Aso Rock: photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.