Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:44 PM

Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement (130644 Views)

“Why Niger Delta Will Vote Buhari For Second Term In 2019” – Richard Kpodoh / Niger Deltans Protest "Intimidation Of Jonathan By Buhari, DSS & EFCC" (Pics) / Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by ndoeyopbennet: 8:15pm On Nov 20, 2016
I begin this write-up by saying that I mean no ill-thought towards the Biafran struggle or Igbos in general. What I've written here are mainly my personal reflections concerning the Niger Delta, especially with regards to non-Igboid groups and their stake in the Biafran movement which has been rebirthed for some time now. I am not a mouthpiece for the Niger Delta but I believe I've been in the Niger Delta long enough to know our problems and our stand. I've also interacted with many Niger Deltans to know their stand in the Biafran struggle.

When I use the term Niger Delta, I am referring to the region covering Delta, Edo, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, and Cross River states. However, I understand that the region also covers Ondo, Imo, and Abia states. I'm not concerned with the latter because they are either Igbos or Yorubas and have their own struggles. The ethnic groups within my coverage include Urhobo-Isoko, Bini, Esan, Itsekiri, Ijaw-Epie-Ogbia, Ogoni, Afemai, Efik-Annang-Eket-Oron-Ibibio, Ogoja, Ejagham, and other groups in Cross River North. Ikwerre, Ukwuani, Ika, Aniocha, Ogba, and other Igboid groups, are not included. Historically, Biafra covered all the Niger Delta states EXCEPT Delta and Ondo states. This fact must be emphasised.

I won't waste time so I'll just proceed to list the issues I want to raise as well as state my arguments. Pro-Biafrans are welcome to debate and address my issues in a civil manner. I understand that most pro-Biafrans resort to insults when salient issues are addressed. Please let's set a good precedence from hereon.

1. Biafra may not be better for Niger Deltans because Niger Deltans may end up living one form of subjugation for another. The argument Igbos have made for their freedom is the desire to be free from Hausa-Yoruba domination. That argument also applies to the average Niger Deltan. Igbo, no doubt, will be the major ethnic group if Biafra is actualised. Ijaws may have a stake due to their numbers. What about the Ogonis, Urhobo-Isokos, Itsekiris, Efiks, etc? Where will they fit in at the national level? The sad reality is that another Nigeria will just be made manifest and resentments will build up. What will really be the fate of minorities? Will they fare better in Biafra or alone? In Nigeria, big groups such as Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo checkmate each other's excesses very well. Who will checkmate that of Igbos in the new nation?

2. Where will the capital be located? If we are to follow the notion of central location, the capital of Biafra won't be Enugu but around Umuahia-Ikot Ekpene axis. Will Igbos allow their capital to be sited in a non-Igbo location? This is a very salient issue because you don't expect the riverine Niger Deltan in Twon-Brass, for instance, to journey all the way to Enugu to see their President. It has to be a location where ALL BIAFRANS can access easily. Enugu won't go.

3. The issue of annexation comes to play. For so long, e-Biafrans have annexed Niger Delta as part of the proposed nation. The map below shows us what Biafrans have drawn to constitute the new nation:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-REk3IMlg9oQ/VlQcxNkh6II/AAAAAAAAMfQ/e0gelrqN7vU/s1600/biafra.jpg[/img]

If we judge from this map, it means all groups in the Niger Delta have been annexed. My question is whether the leaders of these groups have been consulted before the annexation was done. I, for one, know that Urhobo-Isoko and Efik-Ibibio leaders have not approved of Biafra neither have anybody in these regions declared Biafra. So how and why were they included in the proposed map? Little things like this bring distrust and I understand that many of these non-Igbo regions have disowned the map and pledged allegiance to Nigeria. The declaration by the Delta State government is a case in point. I see this as forceful annexation. The so-called e-Biafrans have also not done much in calming the nerves of the people of the annexed regions. I've seen comments such as "if you don't like it, go and stay in Sokoto", "all land in the South is Biafraland", etc. Is it not ironic that a group of people who want freedom want to annexe others?

4. What languages will be made the official languages of the new nation? I have seen several posts by e-Biafrans where Igbo was proposed as the official language of the new republic. What then will happen to other languages such as Urhobo, Isoko, Okpe, Efik, Ibibio, Oron, Ogoni, Eleme, Okrika, Kalabari, Bini, Esan, etc? Will they die off because of Igbo? Certainly NOT! If English is made the official language, the Igbo majority factor will kick in. If your name isn't Chukwuemeka or Oliseh, Amarachi or Nneka, etc, you won't get any appointment nor shall you be recognised. These are things we can't deny. We are very ethnocentric in Africa.

5. What and what have Igbo nation done for Niger Deltans to gain their trust? Every day I see Igbo youths making enemies where there were none. They constantly use the agency of the internet to sprout controversy, hurl insults at dissenters and make unfounded claims. There is this general air of mistrust for Igbos by some Niger Deltans, particularly by Urhobo-Isoko and Bini people. What have Igbos done to checkmate this? Has any Igbo leader or group extended the hand of friendship to the Niger Deltans. Mistrust cannot be wished away. Most Niger Deltans would rather follow Hausas as slaves than follow Igbos as kings. This is the real reality and truthfully, Igbos caused this.

6. Who will lead the new nation? Obviously, Nnamdi Kanu, their hero, has fought tooth and nails for Biafra and he is currently cooling off in jail. If Biafra comes today, who will be the interim leader and what modalities are in place for subsequent leaders to be elected? Igbos have been the only ones fighting for Biafra since time immemorial with a handful of other groups here and there. Will Igbos allow other groups to rule over them? Will they allow an Urhobo man to be President, for instance? This is not a case of mere wishing. We have to understand that Niger Delta groups MAY NEVER BE ALLOWED TO RULE BIAFRA IF IT IS ACTUALISED.

7. Still on the issue of leaders, are the new leaders going to fall from the skies or they are simply going to change addresses from Abuja to Enugu. If so, what will change in the new nation? It is not arguable that Igbo national leaders are the most corrupt persons in Nigeria. If these same people are the ones to rule the new nation then there is no hope because corruption will be so rife that the economy of the new nation will shut down like a knocked engine. If we argue that new and younger leaders will arise, we still have the issue of who fought for Biafra to contend with. Most pro-Biafrans will not allow someone who sat at the periphery of the struggle to just come and waltz power away from the "heroes" of Biafra. If this is true then we will not have a proper democracy in Biafra.

8. Will Biafra be a utopia? The impression that e-Biafrans give is that Biafra will be perfect and we all know for a fact that this is not true. Apart from the issue of corruption and sentimentalism that have been addressed, we still have the issue of development. Where will money be generated from to develop the nation? In the whole of the proposed Biafra, only Port Harcourt and Onitsha are economically viable cities. Where will the investors come from? Why should they invest in a volatile country? Only in Warri, we have Ijaw, Itsekiri and Urhobo at loggerheads, imagine what would happen to the whole nation. Secondly, I am sure that no Niger Deltan will allow his "oil" to be used to develop Enugu like what happened with Abuja, and is still happening today. Niger Deltans are getting wiser and by the time the new nation is formed, matters that border on oil, wealth distribution and infrastructural development will be raised.

9. The current structure of the proposed nation, as shown in the map earlier embedded, favour Igbos with more states. Urhobo has one, Efik-Ibibio has two, Itsekiri has none, etc. How will this be addressed? Certainly, every ethnic nationality will want adequate representation and so the structure on that map will never work.

10. Last, but not the least, is the issue of referendum. Some Biafrans are already calling for a referendum which will involve all parts of the proposed nation. I am pretty sure how this referendum will turn out. However, for the sake of being hypothetical, let us imagine that some ethnic groups/states vote against Biafra by the majority, what will be their fate at the end of the day? Secondly, will the result of such a referendum be true and honest? I understand that electoral malpractice forms a part of our identity. How are we going to get a true reflection of people's thoughts? Thirdly, if states and ethnic groups do decide to vote for Biafra, what mechanisms are in place to contain Igbophobia, Igbomania, Igbocentrism, Igbo hegemony, Landgrabbing, and all issues that minorities have raised?

Above are the reasons why I feel that Niger Deltans will NOT subscribe to the Biafran movement. I have been very practical, philosophical and hypothetical in my approach. I do not speak for any group or persons but I present these issues for the pro-Biafrans to address. Niger Deltans can raise more issues that I have not raised. Finally, it should be noted that I expect insults directed at my person by e-warriors and keyboard mercenaries, as usual, but I won't pleasure such persons with answers or altercations. If you raise good points, we can discuss like intellectuals. I hold no grudge towards anyone or any group.

- Inibehe Bennet (Akwa Ibom State Indigene).

56 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by ndoeyopbennet: 8:18pm On Nov 20, 2016
More issues raised by someone else

CoolFreeday:
I wish them luck but I have some questions
1. The igbos are everywhere in Nigeria and have invested heavily in other part of Nigeria like nano, Lagos, abuja, Kaduna, etc, what happens to those investment because if they leave, you don't expect those left behind to allow them with their investment as it use to be. they remaining part of Nigeria won't allow them to continue with their investment andu businesses when their people don't have!
2. Igbos have land issues, getting a land in Igbo land is not easy, so how will they cope?
3. Igbos are predominantly business people, which means most of their members that will be returning will be returning with their businesses similar to the once they have already so what happened? who sell to who when almost everybody is selling the same thing.
4. Among the igbos they are some that are considered to be real igbos and stuffs, have that been address?
etc

Let us discuss this issue critically, without resorts to personal attacks. Examine the message, not the messenger.

CC:
Seun, Prof800, UjSizzle, Afam4eva, Ikenna351, OAM4J, maclatunji, Ngwakwe, Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Obinoscopy, mkmyers45, Mukina2, farano, Goodboiyy, TonyeBarcanista, Ishilove, ferano, farani, pascal09, enusmith, naijacutee, puskin, Iceberylin, Englishmart, Tosyne2much, Samflexxy, Prettyjo, Samflexxy, Unibenstudent, Tonychristopher, Wonder1844, LKO, Freeemanan, Jasysandra, Jarus, Sagamite, obiagelli, beremx, cramjones, ceo4eva, whitetechnology, Ola6, Rossike, truckpusher, collynzo23, theassassin, jmaine, idumuose, Sunnybobo3, joehannibal, BlackTechnology, LeOstrich, OLADD, biafranqueen, Jmaine, Jamace, Atlwireles, Anonimi, Sunnybobo, Customized13, Opiaoku, Petrov10, gramci, Taharqa, Iamodenigbo, Arysexy, Descartes, Gh0stFreak, Shizzlestar, ujoinme, rozayx5, omenka, egift, caseless, ngeneukwenu, cleverly, Obiagelli, Berem, Iligunboy, ilungunboy, Donphilopus, Keneking, Mogidi, Barcarnista, Obiagelli, Demdem, GenBuhari, Kelsoft, Donphilopus, Koboko69, Arresa, Caseless, Gbawe, michaelsokoto, gbawe, abagworo, OrlandoOwoh, jomoh, Arewafederation, Soroptimist, Pendy79, Neenar, Desola, mizmycoli, Horus, Whitecat007, Lakpalakpa, ShehuAba, Rawani, Tribaleast, Olaaderin, Nduchucks, Lacasa, Omerta, Ilugunboy, Naptu2, Aussie, Joseph1013, Olayinka8793, MalcoImX, PassingShot, mayoroflagos, shymexx, chukwudi44, wombraiders, mudraker, bishopjuice, ghostfacekiller, chiefjusticefuk. firefire, datolee, bloodykiller, ichidodo, ratiken, dozzybaba, phockphockman, longeria, anonimi, aljharem, aryzgreat, publisher, brownlord, iconize, rigarmortis, Descartes, Ikenna351, Afam4eva, maclatunji, Ngwakwe, OAM4J, pointb, pazienza, OKDNigeria, stebell, brokenTV, longeria, rozayx5, IKJ66, swtdrms, ilugunboy, Mogidi, Elslim, bitterleafsoup, Descartes, Kenai, Flets Severussnape, whynotthetruth, Arizona123, Ozaokpe, Dearpreye, megawax8, cyberwolf, modath, exxell, bishopmagic, erunz, IsrealiAirforce, lovat, nigerianvenom, Allosaurus, Cyberdurable, Illiad
Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 20, 2016
If there's a referendum today , the southern people of the south will vote to leave with their brothers ...in no situation will they prefer to stay in Nigeria ...Biafra is just a name behind an ideology ...so whether biafra o, Niger delta republic, united states of the Niger , in no case will brothers split

14 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by ndoeyopbennet: 8:27pm On Nov 20, 2016
BADNEAT:
If there's a referendum today , the southern people of the south will vote to leave with their brothers ...in no situation will they prefer to stay in Nigeria ...Biafra is just a name behind an ideology ...so whether biafra o, Niger delta republic, united states of the Niger , in no case will brothers split

Address the issues raised first. Trust me when I say 80% of Niger Deltans MAY opt to stay in NIGERIA!

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by mrvitalis(m): 8:28pm On Nov 20, 2016
First of all i am against Biafra reason being i believe we have more to gain in a united Nigeria than Biafra.... i will be glad if West Africa becomes one nation even

In all fairness Port Harcourt should be the capital or say uyo

Biafra offers resources control in it 25 provinces so Niger Deltans have nothing to fear

The centre is designed to be more of ceremonial as it will be mostly concerned with defence and external affairs

If we have provinces that's are strong there will be no dominated group

Igbos for a fact want the south south not for oil but for added population and access to the sea that's the truth

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 20, 2016
ndoeyopbennet:
[s]I begin this write-up by saying that I mean no ill-thought towards the Biafran struggle or Igbos in general. What I've written here are mainly my personal reflections concerning the Niger Delta, especially with regards to non-Igboid groups and their stake in the Biafran movement which has been rebirthed for some time now. I am not a mouthpiece for the Niger Delta but I believe I've been in the Niger Delta long enough to know our problems and our stand. I've also interacted with many Niger Deltans to know their stand in the Biafran struggle.

When I use the term Niger Delta, I am referring to the region covering Delta, Edo, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, and Cross River states. However, I understand that the region also covers Ondo, Imo, and Abia states. I'm not concerned with the latter because they are either Igbos or Yorubas and have their own struggles. The ethnic groups within my coverage include Urhobo-Isoko, Bini, Esan, Itsekiri, Ijaw-Epie-Ogbia, Ogoni, Afemai, Efik-Annang-Eket-Oron-Ibibio, Ogoja, Ejagham, and other groups in Cross River North. Ikwerre, Ukwuani, Ika, Aniocha, Ogba, and other Igboid groups, are not included. Historically, Biafra covered all the Niger Delta states EXCEPT Delta and Ondo states. This fact must be emphasised.

I won't waste time so I'll just proceed to list the issues I want to raise as well as state my arguments. Pro-Biafrans are welcome to debate and address my issues in a civil manner. I understand that most pro-Biafrans resort to insults when salient issues are addressed. Please let's set a good precedence from hereon.

1. Biafra may not be better for Niger Deltans because Niger Deltans may end up living one form of subjugation for another. The argument Igbos have made for their freedom is the desire to be free from Hausa-Yoruba domination. That argument also applies to the average Niger Deltan. Igbo, no doubt, will be the major ethnic group if Biafra is actualised. Ijaws may have a stake due to their numbers. What about the Ogonis, Urhobo-Isokos, Itsekiris, Efiks, etc? Where will they fit in at the national level? The sad reality is that another Nigeria will just be made manifest and resentments will build up. What will really be the fate of minorities? Will they fare better in Biafra or alone? In Nigeria, big groups such as Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo checkmate each other's excesses very well. Who will checkmate that of Igbos in the new nation?

2. Where will the capital be located? If we are to follow the notion of central location, the capital of Biafra won't be Enugu but around Umuahia-Ikot Ekpene axis. Will Igbos allow their capital to be sited in a non-Igbo location? This is a very salient issue because you don't expect the riverine Niger Deltan in Twon-Brass, for instance, to journey all the way to Enugu to see their President. It has to be a location where ALL BIAFRANS can access easily. Enugu won't go.

3. The issue of annexation comes to play. For so long, e-Biafrans have annexed Niger Delta as part of the proposed nation. The map below shows us what Biafrans have drawn to constitute the new nation:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-REk3IMlg9oQ/VlQcxNkh6II/AAAAAAAAMfQ/e0gelrqN7vU/s1600/biafra.jpg[/img]

If we judge from this map, it means all groups in the Niger Delta have been annexed. My question is whether the leaders of these groups have been consulted before the annexation was done. I, for one, know that Urhobo-Isoko and Efik-Ibibio leaders have not approved of Biafra neither have anybody in these regions declared Biafra. So how and why were they included in the proposed map? Little things like this bring distrust and I understand that many of these non-Igbo regions have disowned the map and pledged allegiance to Nigeria. The declaration by the Delta State government is a case in point. I see this as forceful annexation. The so-called e-Biafrans have also not done much in calming the nerves of the people of the annexed regions. I've seen comments such as "if you don't like it, go and stay in Sokoto", "all land in the South is Biafraland", etc. Is it not ironic that a group of people who want freedom want to annexe others?

4. What languages will be made the official languages of the new nation? I have seen several posts by e-Biafrans where Igbo was proposed as the official language of the new republic. What then will happen to other languages such as Urhobo, Isoko, Okpe, Efik, Ibibio, Oron, Ogoni, Eleme, Okrika, Kalabari, Bini, Esan, etc? Will they die off because of Igbo? Certainly NOT! If English is made the official language, the Igbo majority factor will kick in. If your name isn't Chukwuemeka or Oliseh, Amarachi or Nneka, etc, you won't get any appointment nor shall you be recognised. These are things we can't deny. We are very ethnocentric in Africa.

5. What and what have Igbo nation done for Niger Deltans to gain their trust? Every day I see Igbo youths making enemies where there were none. They constantly use the agency of the internet to sprout controversy, hurl insults at dissenters and make unfounded claims. There is this general air of mistrust for Igbos by some Niger Deltans, particularly by Urhobo-Isoko and Bini people. What have Igbos done to checkmate this? Has any Igbo leader or group extended the hand of friendship to the Niger Deltans. Mistrust cannot be wished away. Most Niger Deltans would rather follow Hausas as slaves than follow Igbos as kings. This is the real reality and truthfully, Igbos caused this.

6. Who will lead the new nation? Obviously, Nnamdi Kanu, their hero, has fought tooth and nails for Biafra and he is currently cooling off in jail. If Biafra comes today, who will be the interim leader and what modalities are in place for subsequent leaders to be elected? Igbos have been the only ones fighting for Biafra since time immemorial with a handful of other groups here and there. Will Igbos allow other groups to rule over them? Will they allow an Urhobo man to be President, for instance? This is not a case of mere wishing. We have to understand that Niger Delta groups MAY NEVER BE ALLOWED TO RULE BIAFRA IF IT IS ACTUALISED.

7. Still on the issue of leaders, are the new leaders going to fall from the skies or they are simply going to change addresses from Abuja to Enugu. If so, what will change in the new nation? It is not arguable that Igbo national leaders are the most corrupt persons in Nigeria. If these same people are the ones to rule the new nation then there is no hope because corruption will be so rife that the economy of the new nation will shut down like a knocked engine. If we argue that new and younger leaders will arise, we still have the issue of who fought for Biafra to contend with. Most pro-Biafrans will not allow someone who sat at the periphery of the struggle to just come and waltzed power away from the "heroes" of Biafra. If this is true then we will not have a proper democracy in Biafra.

8. Will Biafra be a utopia? The impression that e-Biafrans give is that Biafra will be perfect and we all know for a fact that this is not true. Apart from the issue of corruption and sentimentalism that have been addressed, we still have the issue of development. Where will money be generated from to develop the nation? In the whole of the proposed Biafra, only Port Harcourt and Onitsha are economically viable cities. Where will the investors come from? Why should they invest in a volatile country? Only in Warri, we have Ijaw, Itsekiri and Urhobo at loggerheads, imagine what would happen to the whole nation. Secondly, I am sure that no Niger Deltan will allow his "oil" to be used to develop Enugu like what happened with Abuja, and is still happening today. Niger Deltans are getting wiser and by the time the new nation is formed, matters that border on oil, wealth distribution and infrastructural development will be raised.

9. The current structure of the proposed nation, as shown in the map earlier embedded, favour more Igbos with more states. Urhobo has one, Efik-Ibibio has two, Itsekiri has none, etc. How will this be addressed? Certainly, every ethnic nationality will want adequate representation and so the structure on that map will never work.

10. Last, but not the least, is the issue of referendum. Some Biafrans are already calling for a referendum which will involve all parts of the proposed nation. I am pretty sure how this referendum will turn out. However, for the sake of being hypothetical, let us imagine that some ethnic groups/states vote against Biafra by the majority, what will be their fate at the end of the day? Secondly, will the result of such a referendum be true and honest? I understand that electoral malpractice forms a part of our identity. How are we going to get a true reflection of people's thoughts? Thirdly, if states and ethnic groups do decide to vote for Biafra, what mechanisms are in place to contain Igbophobia, Igbomania, Igbocentrism, Igbo hegemony, Landgrabbing, and all issues that minorities have raised?

Above are the reasons why I feel that Niger Deltans will NOT subscribe to the Biafran movement. I have been very practical, philosophical and hypothetical in my approach. I do not speak for any group or persons but I present these issues for the pro-Biafrans to address. Niger Deltans can raise more issues that I have not raised. Finally, it should be noted that I expect insults directed at my person by e-warriors and keyboard mercenaries, as usual, but I won't pleasure such persons with answers or altercations. If you raise good points, we can discuss like intellectuals. I hold no grudge towards anyone or any group.

- Inibehe Bennet (Akwa Ibom State).[/s]

Afonjas claiming Akwa Ibom. This people need help...go and focus on your Oduo Republic and stop worrying about our own struggle. I have never seen a people like this before in my life.

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by mrvitalis(m): 8:29pm On Nov 20, 2016
ndoeyopbennet:

Address the issues raised first. Trust me when I say 80% of Niger Deltans will opt to stay in NIGERIA!
That's a lie.. . Change the name and watch the wonders

3 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by IPOB123london: 8:32pm On Nov 20, 2016
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hahha hhaa

go to Igweocha

and talk about what u posted here

if ur head no break with bottle

i swear u go know

and forget nl

do you know IPOB are getting a lot of support from quaters in Benin

deceit man

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by ndoeyopbennet: 8:34pm On Nov 20, 2016
Olu20090:

Afonjas claiming Akwa Ibom. This people need help...go and focus on your Oduo Republic and stop worrying about our own struggle. I have never seen a people like this before in my life.

Nawaooo.... Mbok what is afonja in this serious debate now?

address issues instead of attacking people bro.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by ndoeyopbennet: 8:35pm On Nov 20, 2016
IPOB123london:

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hahha hhaa

go to Igweocha

and talk about what u posted here

if ur head no break with bottle

i swear u go know

deceit man

Address my points. Leave breaking of heads first.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by drss2(m): 8:36pm On Nov 20, 2016
anoda sponsored article of bad bellerism.
isn't it funy dat pipul who ar not from south south who hates GEJ, a niger delta son ar telling niger deltans dat they ar better off with dis cesspit called nigeria dan bia..fra wat a joke.
dat d writter even make claims about bia..frans dominating d rest of niger deltans in case of bia..fran independence like wat happened in the north with d fulani domination of hausa lands in d 18th century is anoda cofirmation dat dis writter is an addent follower of buari's daura govt.
for d records, south east pipul do not have d ideology of kill, dominate n conquer born to rule mentality like fulanis up north. neither do we have extremist views on religion or culture to force on anyone's throat. bia...frans ar liberals who believe in tenets of fair play, rule of law n democratic principles.
d writter of dis daura article should take his lamentations to sambisa forest.

Modified:
Obviously, the map your people have released have made it my matter. Akwa Ibom is included in the map, Ibibioland is included there. I am a full blooded Ibibio man from Ukanafun so by that logic, I am included in the map. Please address my issues if you can.

Mr Man, i put it to you that you are not from Akwa ibom because if you are really from there you will know UKANAFUN is ANNANG and not IBIBIO.

I put it to you that you are an afonja that served in Akwa ibom as a youth corp member or you worked there.

post credit to: macluvph1

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by ndoeyopbennet: 8:37pm On Nov 20, 2016
drss2:
anoda sponsored article of bad bellerism.

Leave bad-bellerism for bad-bellerers and address my issues. This is a debate.

17 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by BlackPeni5: 8:37pm On Nov 20, 2016
OP you have spoken the truth. I agree the ibos should fight for biafra but they can't force others to join them in their fight.

22 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 20, 2016
OP, Biafra matter no concern you, stop hitting your head too hard about her issue. Who will lead her or where the capital will be located is non of your damn business.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by ndoeyopbennet: 8:39pm On Nov 20, 2016
mrvitalis:

That's a lie.. . Change the name and watch the wonders

Change which name?

Trust me, the issue with Biafra is not Biafra but with how it will be constituted at the center. You have addressed one or two matters. I like your suggestion that Port Harcourt or Uyo should be capital. Please keep up with that trend.

6 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:39pm On Nov 20, 2016
I am not for or against anybody having their own country, what I am 100% sure of is that Ijaw nation and the entire Niger Delta is not and will never be part of any ipob Biafra.

I wish Agitators good luck!

BTW Do we still have Biafra agitators? I thought they have now collapsed their Biafra dream to be campaigning for Atiku? cheesy

Indeed, the Indigenous People of Delusion (IPOD) are confused.

CAVEAT:
By Ipod I'm referring to those aggressive and bitter bunch of internet trolls and not the great Igbo nation.

62 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by ndoeyopbennet: 8:41pm On Nov 20, 2016
badboywizzy:
OP, Biafra matter no concern you, stop hitting your head too hard about her issue. Who will lead her or where the capital will be located is non of your damn business.

Obviously, the map your people have released have made it my matter. Akwa Ibom is included in the map, Ibibioland is included there. I am a full blooded Ibibio man from Ukanafun so by that logic, I am included in the map. Please address my issues if you can.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by santino09: 8:43pm On Nov 20, 2016
Oga op, we support Biafra coz we igbos and we would rather be with our brothers. We southerners are in a despicable state in this current Nigerian system which does not even have a bright future. Well good argument but shun, portharcourt will vote immensely for Biafra dunno about others though.

5 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Cooly100: 8:44pm On Nov 20, 2016
ndoeyopbennet:

I can adduce that you prefer to remain in Nigeria...if indeed you are from Akwa Ibom. Instead of writing long epistle, which is of no benefit...why not write same, that will make the Nigeria that you prefer to be run well. Or do you like the way it is structured...?This is why people believe you have bad beller...and not real!!!

6 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by pazienza(m): 8:45pm On Nov 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I am not for or against anybody having their own country, what I am 100% sure of is that Ijaw nation and the entire Niger Delta is not and will never be part of any ipob Biafra.

BTW Do we still have Biafra agitators? I thought they have now collapsed their Biafra dream to be campaigning for Atiku? cheesy

CAVEAT:
By Ipod I'm referring to those aggressive and bitter bunch of internet trolls and not the great Igbo nation.

I'm sure by "entire Niger Delta" you are referring to Ijaw, Ijoid tribes, Edo and Edoids, No?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by drss2(m): 8:45pm On Nov 20, 2016
ndoeyopbennet:

notin to debate hia except d campaign of hate against bi...afra. only a joker will say niger delta ar better off with nigeria. same niger delta d current directionless govt is harrasing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by pazienza(m): 8:46pm On Nov 20, 2016
1. Biafra proposes a form of government where each province will have total control of her resources and only contribute to the centre.
In Biafra, smaller groups like Oron, Eket, Andoni can unite and have their own province with full resource control and pay tax to the central government.
There won't be any land use decree.
IPOB had stressed on this times without number. Even Ojukwu Biafra was divided into provinces,with non Igbo speaking tribes having their own distinct provinces with indigenous administrators.
You need nobody to checkmate Igbos under such arrangement.
And moreover, naturally, Igbos exist in clans that do checkmate each other, there have never in history been a period when Igbo groups United to conquer a non Igbo speaking people.

2. Why should the capital location be an issue, since it's not going to be a case where people were milked dry so that FG can go build up Lagos and Abuja?
It will be all province for themselves.
We can apply the three capital system of RSA. The legislative in one Province, the judiciary will be hosted by another province and the Executive by another, all these can be negotiated.

3. This is totally irrelevant. Truth remains that Ndiigbo had never annexed non Igbo lands in the past. Arochukwu was only one that was annexed, but when you factor in the fact that Arochukwu was won by a union of Aro, Ibibio and Akpa( Ekoid) people, then it could hardly be termed annexation.
Ndiigbo are not empire builders. Annexation and expansionism is not our trait. We are republicans by nature.
No Nigerian state government was ever going to approve being part of Biafra, even. Enugu state government denied Biafra. So citing Delta state government response is quite irrelevant to the issue of Biafra. Nobody expected any different response. But IPOB and their Biafran ideology is well received by the commoners in Enu ani, which is why Asaba is an IPOB stronghold.

4. This again is a trivial matter. Each province will have their own language and English as their official language.
English will remain the lingua franca.
But this is quite funny. You are scared of an Igbo national language, but comfortable with an English non African lingual franca.

The scenario you painted of someone being denied position because of ethnicity will not happen with the structure Biafra intends to run on. The provinces will be stronger and more lucrative than the centre. It won't be the case of Nigeria.
Moreover, I personally don't subscribe to a Biafra with Ijaw, Edo and Edoids( Urhobo, Itsekiri, Isoko), when I think of Biafra, I think of Igbo, Igboids and AkwaCross, cos these are people we share similar ideologies with.

Infact, I'm only replying you because you stated that you are from AkwaCross area .
So my use of Biafra during the course of my reply represents strictly Igbo, Igboid and AkwaCross and maybe Ogoni.

5. Igbos are often the subject of caustic attacks by those groups you mentioned, which I personally don't consider part of Biafra.
Go to Ijaw facebook pages, Radio Niger Delta, and even here in NL and see the amount of hatred towards Ndiigbo emanating from those quarters.
How many times have you seen Igbos hurl insults at AkwaCross people? Rarely. Why? Because you hardly get Igbophobia in AkwaCross area. AkwaCross people are all over Aba, they understand the Igboman and the Igbo man understand them, they don't show us hate, and in return we don't show them hate.

This generation Of Ndiigbo know better. We will not allow Igbophobic elements whether from
Ijaw, Edo, Edoids or Yoruba go unpunished. We will reply them with so much hate that even lucifer will marvel. Actions must be met with reactions.
So, if you think we are hurling insults at those children of hate, then you are John snow, cos what you are seeing is only just the beginning.
Peeps must be forced to learn that Igbophobia will not be tolerated by Ndiigbo, simple.
I have no intent of sharing Biafra with those people, it's only natural that they stick to their Arewa masters, you know what they say of birds of same feather. cool

6. Again Nnamdi had made it clear he has no political ambitions in Biafra. Even if he does, the kind of structure Biafra intends to run on will make the centre only ceremonial, it won't be same all powerful Nigerian president.
Ndiigbo had no problem with Obong of Calabar rulling the Eastern region house of Chiefs ahead of Eze Nri , Eze aro, Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Nnewi, etc. We had no problem with Eyo ita ruling the Eastern region , Adaka was voted by Ndiigbo in UNN as the SUG president, we voted a Fulani as the first Mayor of Enugu, we all voted an Ogbia man, GEJ and stood by him when all abandoned him even Ijaw men like Clark abandoned him since.

We are more than capable of voting non Igbos.
By the way, remove Urhobo here, I don't consider them part of Biafra.

7. How exactly are Igbo leaders the most corrupt in the country? What did you smoke?

Are thieves like Ibori, Amaechi, Silva, Abacha, Obj, IBB Igbos? Please don't provoke me with this Igbophobic statement, cause you won't like the outcome.

Biafra will be structured in such a way that government will be too close to the people. No more Abuja jamboree, that alone will curb the excesses of the politicians. They will be under closer scrutiny by their people,and since each province is going to be ran by what they produce, it will force leaders to think outside the box.
The abrogation of the dubious Obj created land use decree will hand the lands back to the natives and the government must serve the owners of the land and not the other way round. All these will change the political orientation and task leaders to be more productive and transparent to earn the people support and trust.

8. Again stop dragging Edoids and Ijaws into this. You gave the impression that you are from AkwaCross area, but so far, you keep raising issues about the Edoids.
Not once have you made mention of the Oron struggle for independence , Obolo and Ibeno struggle for total control of Akwa Ibom coastline wealth, the Ekoid land disputes with Ikwo and Ezza clans of Igbo, the land disputes between Ndokis and Ibibios, these are real issues surrounding the AkwaCross Igbo relationship, instead you are focused on issues occurring in distant non related lands.
Don't give me the impression that you are an impostor claiming AkwaCross.

As for your question on utopia. Biafra will have the richest of human resources in Africa, it will have access to enormous natural gas deposits in Imo and Anambra, Coal in Enugu, crude oil reserves in Imo, Anambra, Ndoki, Etche, Asa. As well as those in AkwaCross area if you guys decide to join the party.
It will also have an enormous patriotic diaspora population spread all over the world ready to come and invest home as well as attract foreign investors, as the Biafran government will create the enabling environment for business to thrive.
The possibilities are endless.
Keeping the country peaceful is equally part of why I don't fancy having the Edoids and Ijaws in the Biafra, as doing that will unbalance things and create chaos.

9. That is just a proposal. I don't consider Itsekiri and Urhobo parts of Biafra, any body that put then on the Biafran map is merely fishing for their reactions.

We don't share same life ideology with those people. I see no basis for unity with them. We can't be running away from a mad house( Nigeria), only to end up creating another mad house in Biafra by inviting bitter people with whom we share little with to form a nation.

When you know you are going to be running your province with whatever you produce, and that there won't be monthly allocation coming from Abuja, you wouldn't be bothered about those creating 1 million provinces for themselves, since they would have to run them with their own resources and not yours.

That's the great thing about the Biafran proposed structure. It eliminates the things that turned Nigeria into a failure.

10. Biafra is not going to be a parasitic state, so there won't be any need forcing any unwilling group into it.
If an ethnic group within the proposed Biafran area votes against Biafra , then they are free to go their way. It's as free as that.

As for electoral manipulation, you can't rig where you are not popular, it will cause chaos. IPOB is too resolute and more than capable of securing the votes and ensuring no such manipulation occur.
The Biafran structure will take care of Igbophobia, by first ensuring that overwhelmingly Igbophobic elements as found in Ijaw, Edo, Edoids don't become part of Biafra.

The total resource control to the provinces and decentralization of the government, that will create will a very weak centre and strong regions will eliminate the. thoughts of phantom Igbo hegemony that exist only in people's mind.

NB: I personally subscribe to an Igbo speaking only Biafra first and foremost, but not aversed to a Union of Igbo speaking people, Akwa Cross( with Andoni of course) and maybe Ogoni too.

122 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by ndoeyopbennet: 8:47pm On Nov 20, 2016
Cooly100:

I can adduce that you prefer to remain in Nigeria...if indeed you are from Akwa Ibom. Instead of writing long epistle, which is of no benefit...why not write same, that will make the Nigeria that you prefer to be run well. Or do you like the way it is structured...?This is why people believe you have bad beller...and not real!!!

Well, I choose to write what I want. Biafra is not a dictatorial nation is it? Can't a Nigerian write about Biafra or the USA?

My land was included in the Biafran map and that is the image others who are not in the region have, I have to raise issues. Serious Biafrans will not attack me, as I expect, but address my issues so that I can, alongside other Niger Deltans seeing this, subscribe to the movement if convinced. So far, MrVitalis has said something I like.

6 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:48pm On Nov 20, 2016
pazienza:

I'm sure by "entire Niger Delta" you are referring to Ijaw, Ijoid tribes, Edo and Edoids, No?
No time to explain myself.

11 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Cooly100: 8:49pm On Nov 20, 2016
ndoeyopbennet:

...but you prefer to journey all the way to Abuja or Lagos instead of Enugu. Is it not plain foolish...And how do you believe only Enugu will be developed and other cities will be ignored...? How the hell do you think, Nigeria scenario or template is what the movers of Biafra are contemplating...? Why not fire you concerns to IPOB, if you are not mischievous...

11 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by ndoeyopbennet: 8:49pm On Nov 20, 2016
santino09:
Oga op, we support Biafra coz we igbos and we would rather be with our brothers. We southerners are in a despicable state in this current Nigerian system which does not even have a bright future. Well good argument but shun, portharcourt will vote immensely for Biafra dunno about others though.

I never added Igbos in the South to my discourse, if you read it. The aim of my write-up is for pro-Biafrans to address the issues I have raised so that I can see reasons to either subscribe or not.

1 Like

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Caseless: 8:50pm On Nov 20, 2016
I agree with the OP. Don't go into an alliance with those greedy people.

9 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by mrvitalis(m): 8:50pm On Nov 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

CAVEAT:
What do u mean by ijaw nation mean 20% of Rivers State, bayelsa and 10% of Delta right??

Seriously seeing ijaws as the majority in south south is just funny.. .

Niger Delta Republic is not feasible at all expect omly bayelsa and the few ijaws in Rivers and delta will form it

16 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by ndoeyopbennet: 8:50pm On Nov 20, 2016
Cooly100:

...but you prefer to journey all the way to Abuja or Lagos instead of Enugu. Is it not plain foolish...And how do you believe only Enugu will be developed and other cities will be ignored...? How the hell do you think, Nigeria scenario or template is what the movers of Biafra are contemplating...? Why not fire you concerns to IPOB, if you are not mischievous...

Biafra is being projected to be BETTER than Nigeria so the things we face now are irrelevant. Let's talk about the things we shall hypothetically face.

2 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by ndoeyopbennet: 8:51pm On Nov 20, 2016
drss2:
notin to debate hia except d campaign of hate against bi...afra. only a joker will say niger delta ar better off with nigeria. same niger delta d current directionless govt is harrasing.

Okay. Noted.
Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by waternogetenemy: 8:51pm On Nov 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

No time to explain myself.

As long as u keep miles away from igbo and igboid speaking Niger Delta group and territories. We dont care if u join oduduwa.

People form countries based on cultural and geographical proximity, if u have more in common head to Oduduwa.

We have more than enough territory to form a viable country with SS and North central groups that are interested.

However, i seriously doubt ur from the SS , something tells me u are either Benin or Yoruba.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by ndoeyopbennet: 8:52pm On Nov 20, 2016
mrvitalis:

What do u mean by ijaw nation mean 20% of Rivers State, bayelsa and 10% of Delta right??

Seriously seeing ijaws as the majority in south south is just funny.. .

Niger Delta Republic is not feasible at all expect omly bayelsa and the few ijaws in Rivers and delta will form it

Let us not lose focus from the issue at hand please. Everybody has a right to his/her opinions and Tonye has aired his. You may present facts to refute his claims.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (85) (Reply)

My Blood Sister Killed Today At Biafra Protest In Onitsha - "VIVIAN GIST" / Imo Gubernatorial Election Results - Collation Live / Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.