Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement - Politics (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement (131410 Views)

“Why Niger Delta Will Vote Buhari For Second Term In 2019” – Richard Kpodoh / Niger Deltans Protest "Intimidation Of Jonathan By Buhari, DSS & EFCC" (Pics) / Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by FortunateOsahon: 1:38pm On Nov 25, 2016
GMbuharii:
@fortunateOsahon,i pity ur life and i laff @ ur sorry state..the last time u were active was about 7 months ago,that means the jail ban gates were opened to u only recently...out from where u truly belong in life..everybody knows u on here(anago1,2,3,etc,...codedslayers,z,etc,poweredbrew,breww,etc,chapter5ive,5iive,etc,kelleneokonkwo,hundreddhunnndred,100,etc,cliffordorji,1after,after1,etc,princedebola231,attacker1,2,etc.. The list is endless buh funny this is,they are all in their rightful place:nairaland jail...thats ur hallmark.
This one is (un)fortunateOsahon..do u know the meaning of Osahon?

A quick look at allll ur handles and past posts would reveal brutal scars of defeat,plasters and bandages and stitches of old wounds all over ur mass,deleted posts here and there...smh big time for u. Ur only purpose and mission is to try as much as possible to drag ppl way above ur league to the mud along with u...gudluck o.....and i've always brought u down and stepped on ur defeated head. undecided

op,whether they like it or not,the Niger Deltans and Ipob are brethren and are better off together. Any hater that has a problem with that should avail himself with the lagoon @ozumba.

As usual, he resort to cheap noise making and saliva splashing. You are not even ashamed of your pathetic life, quoting and liking your own comments while you desperately accuse people of being poweredbrew. I saw how the guy messed you up on several threads that you ran to the mods, since then you have been accusing everyone that exposed your foolishness of being poweredbrew. What do you gain in claiming another tribe and cloning members handle?

I have a job and dont sleep on nairaland like you do, i comment when necessary and not like you with several handles and cloned one trolling the forum with your dumbness and cheap lies. You are not even proud of your heritage. It really sucks to be you.

5 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by GMbuharii: 3:16pm On Nov 25, 2016
FortunateOsahon:

As usual, he resort to cheap noise making and saliva splashing. You are not even ashamed of your pathetic life, quoting and liking your own comments while you desperately accuse people of being poweredbrew. I saw how the guy messed you up on several threads that you ran to the mods, since then you have been accusing everyone that exposed your foolishness of being poweredbrew. What do you gain in claiming another tribe and cloning members handle?

I have a job and dont sleep on nairaland like you do, i comment when necessary and not like you with several handles and cloned one trolling the forum with your dumbness and cheap lies. You are not even proud of your heritage. It really sucks to be you.

pls change ur clothes nah,why are u still on that white garment with black vertical stripes? grin

Op,theres lagoon for any zombie that has problem with ne/ipob relationship grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by FortunateOsahon: 3:51pm On Nov 25, 2016
GMbuharii:

pls change ur clothes nah,why are u still on that white garment with black vertical stripes? grin

Op,theres lagoon for any zombie that has problem with ne/ipob relationship grin

Which clothes? You are mistaking me for your fellow gala sellers, you dont even have any shame.

2 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Greenback: 4:10pm On Nov 25, 2016
laudate:

Haba!! cheesy All these plenty grammar on top Laudate's matter. Chai!! You claim no single person believes your denial that I am not Yoruba. How is that my own cup of tea? What is my business with what they believe or disbelieve? shocked

And like I keep asking you: [i]"Provide proof to show that Laudate is Yoruba.

i am pretty sure you can see what it means to be a big hypocrite,who eats his own words thats come back attacking him. Shm
u are simply a show..

3 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by laudate: 4:13pm On Nov 25, 2016
Greenback:
i am pretty sure you can see what it means to be a big hypocrite,who eats his own words thats come back attacking him. Shm
u are simply a show..

Nah, the real hypocrite here is just you...hypocrisy runs through your veins, flows from your pores and swirls round your feet. Don't tell me you can't see it?? shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Greenback: 6:46pm On Nov 25, 2016
laudate:

Nah, the real hypocrite here is just you...hypocrisy runs through your veins, flows from your pores and swirls round your feet. Don't tell me you can't see it?? shocked

aint that interesting,seeing an old man like u sweating profusely in the pants, trying to wriggle ur way outta the very same accusation you lay on others,accusing them of being what they arent?! Meaning in ur destiny modus operandi,anybody thats got a dissenting view from urs is a bloody imposting wannabe,huh? Its strange u hardly know thats the way of insecured losers..like i said earlier,you such a big show,keep it up..and btw,op,nothings gonna separate the nd/ipob brotherhood. The enemies shall be put to shame.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by DonXavi(m): 7:29pm On Nov 25, 2016
tg
Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by darkerthandark: 11:39pm On Nov 25, 2016
were is mathy sef??...
Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Kc3000: 2:38am On Nov 26, 2016
OlarindeFemi:
I have spent about a Year on Nairaland but I rarely comment on any topic. I just decided to post a comment now because of those greedy ibos. I get pissed off anytime I read or hear them add the ND to their biafra nonsense. I believe the majority of the ND tribes share the same sentiment as the writer of this article. We do not want to have anything to do with biafra. The ibos should go and form their country in thier landlocked area. As an Ulaje man I have no connection with biafra. Na by force? The tin dey always vex mi. Greedy people.

I've never EVER seen anyone associated with Biafra include Illaje in their struggle. At this rate, I'm expecting someone from Sokoto to issue a warning about being included in Biafra.

3 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by bigfrancis21: 8:22am On Nov 26, 2016
Hmm. Na so this page take reach 83 pages in 5 days. sad shocked

Me I personally think that the name, 'biafra' has been associated mainly as an Igbo struggle and to be more strategic with it the name should be changed to something else and rendered in the different major languages of southern Nigeria to accommodate everyone and make everyone feel belonged. Also, a power-sharing formula/plan including every province really has to made. The capital of this new country should be carved out of virgin land and built from scratch using the latest state-of-the-art designs for mega cities and in 20 years such a capital will rival the best in the entire world. I don't think using any of the current states would suffice. A virgin area, rectangular in shape, can be carved out from an area covering parts of the lands of many of the tribes within. That way every tribe will feel belonged to this new capital. The official language should be English and official regional languages should be Igbo, ibibio-efik, ijaw etc according to the provinces herein. With these suggestions, the ideology behind this new country will appeal to many in the ND region.
Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by pazienza(m): 8:33am On Nov 26, 2016
Kc3000:

I've never EVER seen anyone associated with Biafra include Illaje in their struggle. At this rate, I'm expecting someone from Sokoto to issue a warning about being included in Biafra.

grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by fratermathy(m): 11:52am On Nov 26, 2016
Kc3000:

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by fratermathy(m): 11:54am On Nov 26, 2016
bigfrancis21:
Hmm. Na so this page take reach 83 pages in 5 days. sad shocked

Me I personally think that the name, 'biafra' has been associated mainly as an Igbo struggle and to be more strategic with it the name should be changed to something else and rendered in the different major languages of southern Nigeria to accommodate everyone and make everyone feel belonged. Also, a power-sharing formula/plan including every province really has to made. The capital of this new country should be carved out of virgin land and built from scratch using the latest state-of-the-art designs for mega cities and in 20 years such a capital will rival the best in the entire world. I don't think using any of the current states would suffice. A virgin area, rectangular in shape, can be carved out from an area covering parts of the lands of many of the tribes within. That way every tribe will feel belonged to this new capital. The official language should be English and official regional languages should be Igbo, ibibio-efik, ijaw etc according to the provinces herein. With these suggestions, the ideology behind this new country will appeal to many in the ND region.

Well said and you've spoken like a true detribalised intellectual.

If people like you were at the helms of the struggle, 90% of Southerners will not even hesitate concerning the struggle for independence from Nigeria.

This thread reached 50pages in 1 day before it started calming down. Urhobos and Igbos had fun here grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by OlarindeFemi: 12:08pm On Nov 26, 2016
Kc3000:

you dont want Ilaje as part of biafra but at the same time you want the Niger Delta to be part of biafra. LMAO. Can you see why I often say you ibos are greedy and ignorant thieves. So what will happen to the Ilaje's when the ND become part of your biafra? You will chase them to pluto, right?

2 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by laudate: 12:33pm On Nov 26, 2016
fratermathy:
Well said and you've spoken like a true detribalised intellectual.

If people like you were at the helms of the struggle, 90% of Southerners will not even hesitate concerning the struggle for independence from Nigeria.

This thread reached 50pages in 1 day before it started calming down. Urhobos and Igbos had fun here grin grin grin

Even those of us that are not Igbo or Urhobo observed the heated exchange from the sidelines!! wink Mathy001 a.k.a Mathy01 a.k.a Mathy003 spiced it up in no little measure!! cheesy
Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Justiceleague1: 2:36pm On Nov 28, 2016
laudate:
Yes, now where was I before I went back to work? Ahem...yes, I wanted to respond to Ikechu01. cool

You are crying louder than the bereaved. Try not to hurt yourself. wink

This is a summary of my encounter with your accomplice Justiceleague1 on that thread:

I asked him if he had the Oba's permission and noted that he should not allow his kinsmen to flog him. Note the fact that I used the word 'kinsmen' to classify him as being part of the Edo community. undecided

Loopman then responded to my post by stating :
BlackMbakara who is not even Edo, also weighed in to support Loopman's assertions.
So did others.

Through it all, your brother Justiceleague1 did not object, deny, debunk their claims or refute them. So I took his silence as consent. Since I have been referring to him as an Edo wanabee has he complained? Na which one come be your own? shocked

As a member of your IPOB clique of internet warriors, you felt you had to come to his rescue, kwa? cheesy

With regards to Greenback, I did not call him a fake Edo. undecided Please point out in black & white where I did so. All I did was to question his sense of judgement, given the fact that a lot of Edo people on NL had declined the offer to join Biafra. See what I said in response to his comment:

Greenback did not respond to my enquiry. I guess maybe because he had earlier given himself away through his response, in another thread:

Any average Edo person male or female who has lived in Benin, knows the answer to that question. Only a stranger would make such a comment. undecided

You know that Greenback is a full grown adult who knows how to post numerous comments on other threads. He is never short of words. So why did he go quiet when I asked him a few questions? Instead of letting him respond, you are throwing up e-cudgels & e-fisticuffs on his behalf. Hehehehe.... I laugh in Chinese. cheesy

Now, Ikechu01 please continue digging. Dig as hard and as fast as you can, through my posts on NL. cool
i am pretty sure you now understand fully well what the elders meant,when they,in their wisdom,said "SILENCE IS THE BEST ANSWER TO A ......" ahhha,you do now,dont you? grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Eastfield1: 1:50am On Nov 29, 2016
mathy001:

See this one. God created Biafra abi na? Mtchewwwwwwww!

You guys can add and divide the whole region. Just leave Urhobo-Isoko outta it.
Nobody want Urhobo in Biafra.
But using Urhobo and Isoko interchangeably is an insult to d Isoko Ethnic Group.
As both are not the same.
D Isokos are more Civilized than d Urhobo and hence will always feel ashame to be classified or called Urhobo.
U can see how they dominate the Entertainment industries unlike d urhobo and always Mention that they are Isoko in a proud manner especially in all their music.
U can see dis from Adaz to Gordons and d recent famous Solid star and many more
the famous celebrities of isoko sons are helping to establish Isoko as an Ethnic group of it own.
and their future sons will proudly follow d same step.
after all their famous isoko sons did it.
so why not d average isokos

2 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by EternalTruths: 3:02am On Nov 29, 2016
OlarindeFemi:
you dont want Ilaje as part of biafra but at the same time you want the Niger Delta to be part of biafra. LMAO. Can you see why I often say you ibos are greedy and ignorant thieves. So what will happen to the Ilaje's when the ND become part of your biafra? You will chase them to pluto, right?

Your geographical illiteracy is legendary

Ilajes are found in which state.?

How many times will they tell you guys that referendum will be done on the basis of tribe of which Ilaje will never be invited angry
Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by OlarindeFemi: 5:37am On Nov 29, 2016
EternalTruths:

Your geographical illiteracy is legendary

Ilajes are found in which state.?

How many times will they tell you guys that referendum will be done on the basis of tribe of which Ilaje will never be invited angry
Your greed and covetousness is legendary

The Ilaje's are found in Ondo and Delta State.

What do you mean by referendum? Referendum conducted by who and for who? When did any political leader or traditional ruler from any of the tribes in the ND say anthing about referendum?

You Ibo theives should keep your biafra nonsense in your landlocked iboland and stop dragging others into your madness.

1 Like

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by CeterisXVII: 6:47am On Nov 29, 2016
OlarindeFemi:

What do you mean by referendum? Referendum conducted by who and for who? When did any political leader or traditional ruler from any of the tribes in the ND say anthing about referendum?

You Ibo theives should keep your biafra nonsense in your landlocked iboland and stop dragging others into your madness.

Just leave them. The pro-IPOB keyboard activists will keep chanting that Niger-Delta is part of Biafra. They have even drawn maps to include the ND into their Biafra. But when any of the tribes in the ND object to such inclusions, they start pretending not to know that they exist, or start conjuring repetitive denials to discredit their observations. sad

Don't worry, God dey!!

1 Like

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by EternalTruths: 7:02am On Nov 29, 2016
OlarindeFemi:

Why should the Biafrans include the cousins of the most treacherous snakes in their new country.

All tribes related to the most treacherous snakes in Nigeria will never be invited to join Biafra

Ilajes are not wanted in Biafra. angry

Igbo speaking parts of Delta(Anioma) and Edo(Igbanke) will go with their kiths and kins
Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by CeterisXVII: 7:08am On Nov 29, 2016
EternalTruths:
Why should the Biafrans include the cousins of the most treacherous snakes in their new country.

All tribes related to the most treacherous snakes in Nigeria will never be invited to join Biafra

Ilajes are not wanted in Biafra. angry

Igbo speaking parts of Delta(Anioma) and Edo(Igbanke) will go with their kiths and kins

Why don't you ask your foot soldiers who drew that Biafran map and included the whole of ND into it? As for calling people treacherous snakes, are you sure you are not referring to yourself? The way you describe a set of people, is a reflection of who you truly are.
Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Urahara3: 10:16am On Nov 29, 2016
playboy99:
yeah nice one but you would still come for bizness in nigeria n all d tins
you running away from can still happen so what the point,for me having biafra means you dont want anytin to do with d hausas or yorubas so i dont see y you still need to do business or have properties in nigeria

Why r u talking like this na undecided
Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by fratermathy(m): 3:00pm On Nov 29, 2016
Eastfield1:

Nobody want Urhobo in Biafra.
But using Urhobo and Isoko interchangeably is an insult to d Isoko Ethnic Group.
As both are not the same.
D Isokos are more Civilized than d Urhobo and hence will always feel ashame to be classified or called Urhobo.
U can see how they dominate the Entertainment industries unlike d urhobo and always Mention that they are Isoko in a proud manner especially in all their music.
U can see dis from Adaz to Gordons and d recent famous Solid star and many more
the famous celebrities of isoko sons are helping to establish Isoko as an Ethnic group of it own.
and their future sons will proudly follow d same step.
after all their famous isoko sons did it.
so why not d average isokos

Gordons is not Isoko.

And your points do not deserve a response as they are plain foolish and filled with bigotry.
Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Wumbawee: 1:47pm On Nov 30, 2016
[quote author=mathy001 post=51308318][/quote]

I begin this write-up by saying that I mean no ill-thought towards the Biafran struggle or Igbos in general. What I've written here are mainly my personal reflections concerning the Niger Delta, especially with regards to non-Igboid groups and their stake in the Biafran movement which has been rebirthed for some time now. I am not a mouthpiece for the Niger Delta but I believe I've been in the Niger Delta long enough to know our problems and our stand. I've also interacted with many Niger Deltans to know their stand in the Biafran struggle.

When I use the term Niger Delta, I am referring to the region covering Delta, Edo, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, and Cross River states. However, I understand that the region also covers Ondo, Imo, and Abia states. I'm not concerned with the latter because they are either Igbos or Yorubas and have their own struggles. The ethnic groups within my coverage include Urhobo-Isoko, Bini, Esan, Itsekiri, Ijaw-Epie-Ogbia, Ogoni, Afemai, Efik-Annang-Eket-Oron-Ibibio, Ogoja, Ejagham, and other groups in Cross River North. Ikwerre, Ukwuani, Ika, Aniocha, Ogba, and other Igboid groups, are not included. Historically, Biafra covered all the Niger Delta states EXCEPT Delta and Ondo states. This fact must be emphasised.

I won't waste time so I'll just proceed to list the issues I want to raise as well as state my arguments. Pro-Biafrans are welcome to debate and address my issues in a civil manner. I understand that most pro-Biafrans resort to insults when salient issues are addressed. Please let's set a good precedence from hereon.

1. Biafra may not be better for Niger Deltans because Niger Deltans may end up living one form of subjugation for another. The argument Igbos have made for their freedom is the desire to be free from Hausa-Yoruba domination. That argument also applies to the average Niger Deltan. Igbo, no doubt, will be the major ethnic group if Biafra is actualised. Ijaws may have a stake due to their numbers. What about the Ogonis, Urhobo-Isokos, Itsekiris, Efiks, etc? Where will they fit in at the national level? The sad reality is that another Nigeria will just be made manifest and resentments will build up. What will really be the fate of minorities? Will they fare better in Biafra or alone? In Nigeria, big groups such as Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo checkmate each other's excesses very well. Who will checkmate that of Igbos in the new nation?
R: The people’s constitution will address that in the new nation (Biafra) unlike in Nigeria where the constitution is hoisted without people’s input. The colonial masters gave us what we called constitution without our input, the military repeated that without our input. The only constitution that would have been with our input is stillbirth, conducted by GEJ government, midwifed by the people of Nigeria, opposed by the people of northern Nigeria, thrown to the trash bin by Buhari. So subjugation continues, you do not have a say in Nigeria but in Biafra, the essence of the union must be discussed before its existence and your point 1 shall be addressed.

2. Where will the capital be located? If we are to follow the notion of central location, the capital of Biafra won't be Enugu but around Umuahia-Ikot Ekpene axis. Will Igbos allow their capital to be sited in a non-Igbo location? This is a very salient issue because you don't expect the riverine Niger Deltan in Twon-Brass, for instance, to journey all the way to Enugu to see their President. It has to be a location where ALL BIAFRANS can access easily. Enugu won't go.
R: Today do people journey from Twon – Brass for instance to Abuja to see their president? Abuja and Enugu which one is nearer to the Twon – Brass indigenes? However I don’t see why where the capital is will be an issue. Calabar was once the capital of Nigeria, Lokoja was once the capital of Nigeria, Lagos was once the capital of Nigeria before the capital now moved to Abuja.

3. The issue of annexation comes to play. For so long, e-Biafrans have annexed Niger Delta as part of the proposed nation. The map below shows us what Biafrans have drawn to constitute the new nation:

If we judge from this map, it means all groups in the Niger Delta have been annexed. My question is whether the leaders of these groups have been consulted before the annexation was done. I, for one, know that Urhobo-Isoko and Efik-Ibibio leaders have not approved of Biafra neither have anybody in these regions declared Biafra. So how and why were they included in the proposed map? Little things like this bring distrust and I understand that many of these non-Igbo regions have disowned the map and pledged allegiance to Nigeria. The declaration by the Delta State government is a case in point. I see this as forceful annexation. The so-called e-Biafrans have also not done much in calming the nerves of the people of the annexed regions. I've seen comments such as "if you don't like it, go and stay in Sokoto", "all land in the South is Biafraland", etc. Is it not ironic that a group of people who want freedom want to annexe others?
R: The issue of annexation is not an issue at all. The map shows the desired area of coverage based on the original map of Biafra in 1967. However if, for instance, the Annang or Calabar or Urhobo nations say they are and won’t be part of Biafra, they won’t be forced into it. They will be free to determine if they prefer Nigeria, Biafra or be on their own. Biafrans preach freedom for self – determination not “you must stay with us” syndrome of Nigeria.

4. What languages will be made the official languages of the new nation? I have seen several posts by e-Biafrans where Igbo was proposed as the official language of the new republic. What then will happen to other languages such as Urhobo, Isoko, Okpe, Efik, Ibibio, Oron, Ogoni, Eleme, Okrika, Kalabari, Bini, Esan, etc.? Will they die off because of Igbo? Certainly NOT! If English is made the official language, the Igbo majority factor will kick in. If your name isn't Chukwuemeka or Oliseh, Amarachi or Nneka, etc, you won't get any appointment nor shall you be recognised. These are things we can't deny. We are very ethnocentric in Africa.
R: What is the official language of the north? If you do not know it is Hausa. Does it mean there are no other languages in the northern part of Nigeria? No. does it mean that the other languages do not exist? No. does it mean that you must bear a Hausa name for you to get anything from the government of northern Nigeria? No. therefore if and if the new republic decides in its constitutional arrangement to make Igbo the official language I don’t think that it means that the other languages in Biafra will go extinct. In Nigeria the official language is English and it has not obliterated the indigenous languages from owner’s lexicon. The official language is for official communication only. Which language will be determined in the peoples’ constitution. Please do not arrogate to yourself the knowledge of tomorrow. You have just canvased for nepotism in the new Biafra land, however I want to tell you that if you are not qualified to hold any post you will not get it no matter where you come from. Be you Igbo, Ibibio, Bini, Ijaw, Isoko-Urhobo, etc. in the new land only competence is the key to employment. And of course it will be too competitive. Merit can never be sacrificed on the altar of nepotism and tribalism.

5. What and what have Igbo nation done for Niger Deltans to gain their trust? Every day I see Igbo youths making enemies where there were none. They constantly use the agency of the internet to sprout controversy, hurl insults at dissenters and make unfounded claims. There is this general air of mistrust for Igbos by some Niger Deltans, particularly by Urhobo-Isoko and Bini people. What have Igbos done to checkmate this? Has any Igbo leader or group extended the hand of friendship to the Niger Deltans. Mistrust cannot be wished away. Most Niger Deltans would rather follow Hausas as slaves than follow Igbos as kings. This is the real reality and truthfully, Igbos caused this.
R: Honestly Ops I wonder what you meant by this. Do you really expect the Igbos to do something for you to trust and align with them in this struggle? Is it an Igbo thing or a Biafran thing? As stated above, if the Urhobo – Isoko and Bini people prefer Nigeria, they are free to remain in Nigeria. There is freedom of self – determination in Biafra. If you do not trust me to go into a union with me you are free to choose whom to relate with. What has Hausa or Fulani done to earn your trust? Or is it birthed hatred against the Igbo nation? We will not want any nation that can bring hatred into the new republic because it shall be founded in love of God. Hence I repeat if you cannot love the Igbos then please do not bother to align. We want a country where love and peace is not only preached but seen to be the way of life.

6. Who will lead the new nation? Obviously, Nnamdi Kanu, their hero, has fought tooth and nails for Biafra and he is currently cooling off in jail. If Biafra comes today, who will be the interim leader and what modalities are in place for subsequent leaders to be elected? Igbos have been the only ones fighting for Biafra since time immemorial with a handful of other groups here and there. Will Igbos allow other groups to rule over them? Will they allow an Urhobo man to be President, for instance? This is not a case of mere wishing. We have to understand that Niger Delta groups MAY NEVER BE ALLOWED TO RULE BIAFRA IF IT IS ACTUALISED.
R: In your assertion, Igbos are the only ones fighting for Biafra emergence. In order word it is their blood that is used to sacrifice for the emergence of the newest republic. If that is so I wonder why you are still asking who will lead. My people say that if you don’t partake in game hunting you have no right to ask how the game will be shared when killed. So count your teeth with your tongue and earn a right to ask this question.

7. Still on the issue of leaders, are the new leaders going to fall from the skies or they are simply going to change addresses from Abuja to Enugu. If so, what will change in the new nation? It is not arguable that Igbo national leaders are the most corrupt persons in Nigeria. If these same people are the ones to rule the new nation then there is no hope because corruption will be so rife that the economy of the new nation will shut down like a knocked engine. If we argue that new and younger leaders will arise, we still have the issue of who fought for Biafra to contend with. Most pro-Biafrans will not allow someone who sat at the periphery of the struggle to just come and waltz power away from the "heroes" of Biafra. If this is true then we will not have a proper democracy in Biafra.
R: I am sure that the Igbos are not the ones being paraded by EFCC and DSS now. They are not the ones that looted the treasury and used up the money for arms for personal aggrandizements. Check out the Igbos that served in the regime of GEJ and tell me how many of them are being questioned or whose services have been dented with corruption and roguery. Then compare with other tribes that served in the same regime and get sense. You have been exposed for whom you are by saying that Igbo leaders are the most corrupt in a stinking Nigeria. You have shown that you have nothing in your skull hence you cannot judge either current events or history, you are just a hater of the Igbo nation and what have the Igbos with you. WE DO NOT NEED YOU, hence you can decide to naturalize in Nigeria. But for your information, Igbos are the most hard – working group in Nigeria and the cleanest set in the present contraption called Nigeria.

8. Will Biafra be a utopia? The impression that e-Biafrans give is that Biafra will be perfect and we all know for a fact that this is not true. Apart from the issue of corruption and sentimentalism that have been addressed, we still have the issue of development. Where will money be generated from to develop the nation? In the whole of the proposed Biafra, only Port Harcourt and Onitsha are economically viable cities. Where will the investors come from? Why should they invest in a volatile country? Only in Warri, we have Ijaw, Itsekiri and Urhobo at loggerheads, imagine what would happen to the whole nation. Secondly, I am sure that no Niger Deltan will allow his "oil" to be used to develop Enugu like what happened with Abuja, and is still happening today. Niger Deltans are getting wiser and by the time the new nation is formed, matters that border on oil, wealth distribution and infrastructural development will be raised.
R: Unfortunately you do not know that developed countries of the world do not depend on oil and gas but on human resources which God has blessed the land of Biafra in abundance. Please it will be pleasing for the NDs to find their own country and leave with their oil and let Biafrans make do with the abundant talents that abound in it. during the war some NDs abandoned Biafra and aligned with Nigeria however I must also recognize that many fought on the side of Biafra. In the war situation, Biafrans built their warships and warplanes. The popular ogbunigwe (mass destroyer) built by Biafran scientists was more potent than the Russian missile. We built our cottage refineries and all these with 100% local materials. So our dependence is and will never be on ND oil but God given talents.

9. The current structure of the proposed nation, as shown in the map earlier embedded, favour Igbos with more states. Urhobo has one, Efik-Ibibio has two, Itsekiri has none, etc. How will this be addressed? Certainly, every ethnic nationality will want adequate representation and so the structure on that map will never work.

10. Last, but not the least, is the issue of referendum. Some Biafrans are already calling for a referendum which will involve all parts of the proposed nation. I am pretty sure how this referendum will turn out. However, for the sake of being hypothetical, let us imagine that some ethnic groups/states vote against Biafra by the majority, what will be their fate at the end of the day? Secondly, will the result of such a referendum be true and honest? I understand that electoral malpractice forms a part of our identity. How are we going to get a true reflection of people's thoughts? Thirdly, if states and ethnic groups do decide to vote for Biafra, what mechanisms are in place to contain Igbophobia, Igbomania, Igbocentrism, Igbo hegemony, Landgrabbing, and all issues that minorities have raised?

Above are the reasons why I feel that Niger Deltans will NOT subscribe to the Biafran movement. I have been very practical, philosophical and hypothetical in my approach. I do not speak for any group or persons but I present these issues for the pro-Biafrans to address. Niger Deltans can raise more issues that I have not raised. Finally, it should be noted that I expect insults directed at my person by e-warriors and keyboard mercenaries, as usual, but I won't pleasure such persons with answers or altercations. If you raise good points, we can discuss like intellectuals. I hold no grudge towards anyone or any group.

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (Reply)

Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari / Meet Chioma Uzodinma, Imo First Lady (Photos) / More Revelations On Maina's Reinstatement By Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.