Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? (220427 Views)

Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows / Cheap Bungalows In Agege, Lagos Selling For 6, 8 & 10 Million Naira Respectively / 4 Units Of 3-bedroom Bungalows In Bauchi N12m Per Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by promise72(m): 5:43am On Jan 06, 2007
Anybody know how i can get good home plans (Bungalow Especially) in Nigeria which are ready to built or be modified?
Decent plans please.
Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by kaypinchi(m): 9:15am On Jan 06, 2007
I happen to have a couple of designs. You'll need to specify your requirements though. Post an e-mail so I can 4ward some to u.
Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by promise72(m): 11:28am On Jan 06, 2007
Looking for a simple, yet elegant design. 6-7bedrooms (all ensuite) large living room, 2 living rooms if possible, attached garage

email me at promise72@yahoo.com
Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by IDERAWOLE(m): 7:17pm On Feb 02, 2007
You can have the plans for your perusal if interested by sending me your e-mail add. as the posting cannot carry the kilobytes the drawing will take , its a 8-room, 2-storey building for multi-purpose use. Contact me on +2348063423482 for further discussion as per your needs.
Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by Bulga(m): 5:57pm On Apr 18, 2007
Deleted
Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by promise72(m): 5:17am On Apr 21, 2007
@ Bulga and Everyone,

Let me make myself clear. I AM NOT AN ARCHITECH. Just seeking a good one in the house or elsewhere. However, im in the process of completing a 6 Bedroom plan. It will actually be 5BR with office. 2 Sitting Room, 2 kitchen all room ensuite and bigger than normal. (Will post plan sketch at a later date)

House will be built in Ijebu Ode, Ogun State and i got the plan drawn, approved for N180k (Reasonable anyone?). What i did was let the architech come up wt 2 designs and i picked one. I then modified the one i picked to my taste and gave him a final go ahead

@ Bulga,
I will advise that you plan about 4-6million for the bungalow (minus the cost of the land) depending on the size and how you want the interior to be done. (Marble, terrazo, wood flooring, just cement grin, it all your choice). An avg bungalow will gulp about 5,000 blocks not counting the fence. Block is about N100/each. Cement is about 1,600/each. Budget about 150-200 bags, not counting fence, driveway etc. Roofing will gulp about 800-1mill depending on size of bulding.
Gravel, sand, labor, plumbing/wiring(conduit of course). Burglary proof, windows, bathroom/kitchen fitings, ceiling, paint (if u choose one). Gate. aboki house, generator house, decking for water tank, borehole, A/C Unit.

However, don't let these things overwhelm you. Do it bit by bit. Thats the beauty of Naija. But once u start, it will be a breeze to complete. Just focus. its a beatiful thing to come to Naija and stay in your house!. You have a sense of belonging. A lot of our people cannot leave overseas because there's nowhere for them to stay to call their own, hence, they NEVER go back.

I should be commencing mine soon too. pray for me. Most of the above are sort of for me too. my therapy. I know people here in the US doing not so glamorous jobs and no papers with completed flats at home.

Quick story. A sister landed in the US few years ago. No papers. Working as homehealth aide undercover. After about 3-4 years, she got her papers straightened out and told me that shes going home to visit and inspect her house. I asked if she had the house before coming here, she said NO and most of all the house is somewhere in P/harcourt!

That's when I know its time to get serious with myself. So don't be scared. it can be done. Peace

3 Likes

Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by psychology(f): 7:53pm On Apr 22, 2007
all complete thanks
Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by promise72(m): 12:06am On Apr 23, 2007
@ psychology,

a u there?
Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by Bulga(m): 3:07pm On Apr 23, 2007
@ Promise, thanks a lot for the good advice. It shall be well with you. You will surely complete and enjoy the project you are working on in Jesus name, Amen!

The project I intend working on is actually an existing bungalow in a neighborhood where only bungalows are allowed. I would like to demolish the building and build European kind of bungalow there. It's going to be a bungalow with loft rooms. It will be built in a way that when you are inside the sitting room you will have the feeling that the house is a two-storey building.

I have never seen such a bungalow in Nigeria and am wondering why. Is it that our architects have not discovered the design or is it that loft rooms are not meant for Nigeria because of our harsh weather?

I would like you guys to give me advice and tips in ensuring the success of this project.

I thank you all in advance.

Below you will see the model of the bungalow in question and the sitting room.

1 Share

Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by promise72(m): 5:29pm On Apr 23, 2007
@ Bulga,

I saw the plan, i hate to break it to you. Its butt ugly. What you are describing is called a Duplex (in Nigeria) i believe. Or you can just build  a bungalow with a "cathedral ceiling". There are a lot of cool plans in Nigeria especially when you look around lekki phase1, VGC area.

As a suggestion, when you go to naija, y don't u drive around the new community(s)  and im sure you'll see the type of building you like. Contact the architect, provide your details and go from there. Keep the plan you have for references.

Just give specs to a good architect and give him/her a free reign on creativity. Tweak it along the way to your taste.
One more thing thats with plans is that you have to be conscious of locally available materials (windows designs and other materials etc)
You don't want to build a house and cannot fix a broken window because nobody have the type locally. You have to run back to europe/usa.

There are a lot of good design in naija. Also being a tropic climate, it changes the design of the building etc.

Log on to www.homeplans.com to see if you find something you like.
Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by megapro(m): 5:37pm On Apr 23, 2007
promise,
those websites display plans that are suitable for cool temperate regions.
no regard for cross ventilation and occasional landlocked toilets.
naija is like 40°C and 100% humidity

Bungalow

4 Flats

Duplex

for the blue prints and details:
Megaplanarchitects@yahoo.com
Hannover, Germany
Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by promise72(m): 6:07pm On Apr 23, 2007
@ megapro,

you can search "meditenarrean" design. Its the plans for places like florida, south america which is temparate and humid like naija.

Most of the time you will need to tweak the plans anyway. How many bedrooms ids the bungalow and duplex ? nice design.
Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by alanbolo(m): 9:21pm On Apr 23, 2007
gd job promise72,  my soul is sweetened whenever i hear or see another 9ja encouraging others to forge ahead.  A lot of us will not come home when there is no where to reside.   I was among the lucky few to have one.   The implementation of building a bungalow is not easy talkless of a multi-floors.

I do  suggest for people outta the country to go for house in any of the available estates due to available infrastructures.  Due to building process as enumerated above, somepeople might think it's 1+2 equation and thereby giving up halfway.  It's more logical to be on the ground first and u'll see a lot in what and how u want a particular building to look like.

I do have my flats ready in Lagos but  prefer living in Abuja due to logistic reasons and never planned to build a house in Abuja or it's environ since I could easily get a bungalow for certain price with  2 / 4 /10 years mortgage if so desired.   Availability of infrastructure is very and very important for any bungalow or megastructure to function as a complete home.
Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by Okejazz(m): 9:30pm On Apr 23, 2007
DEM GO CHOP YOUR DOLLAR OH!!! U NO GO SEE BRICK EVEN TO CLAIM,

1 Like

Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by promise72(m): 9:33pm On Apr 23, 2007
@ alanbolo,

thanks for the compliment. All i will advise anyone is that get whatever you can wherever in naija. Thats ur plan B. You own it have the key. if everything fails in the US/Europe. You have a place to go. You rather be in you own house in naija (no matter how small/what village) than be at a homeless shelter/soup kitchen in America or on the street of London riding tube all night to pass the night. God help us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by alanbolo(m): 10:09pm On Apr 23, 2007
Okejazz:

DEM GO CHOP YOUR DOLLAR OH!!! U NO GO SEE BRICK EVEN TO CLAIM,
U don't have to profess negativity even if u've fallen 4 what have U.  Here is someone trying to do good in his home-fatherland and investing his hard earned $$$ in his country and we have someone like u splitting out negations.  It's pple like U that would not allow 9ja move forward.  I believed U've read the post from others and u can see that we're all happy to say we're doing something 4 ourselves in our father's land.   Please, if U have nothing to offer, stay away.   Home is home anytime, anywhere and anyhow. 

promise72:

@ alanbolo,  thanks for the compliment. All i will advise anyone is that get whatever you can wherever in naija. Thats your plan B. You own it have the key. if everything fails in the US/Europe. You have a place to go. You rather be in you own house in naija (no matter how small/what village) than be at a homeless shelter/soup kitchen in America or on the street of London riding tube all night to pass the night. God help us.
   Thank you my brother,  i wish we have a forum like this when I started my project, it'll would have prepared me much more than what I come to experience in the cost of materials.  U were able to break down the components and prices which is an indicator of what to look forward to.     Because of information availability, I can proudly say,  i'm not doing bad with 9ja capital markets as opposed to my 401k  oe'er.    Someone like U provided the needed information which I trived on and passed on to others.
Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by LondonCool(m): 11:00pm On Apr 23, 2007
@megapro,

I have sent you 2 emails with a request concerning the 4 duplex plan,I have'nt heard from you yet.
Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by DisGuy: 11:22pm On Apr 23, 2007
Bulga nice designs just different location, you have some changes to make to the final design

Megapro
I like 4 flat, i wonder what rental income is like in nigeria
Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by megapro(m): 8:36am On Apr 24, 2007
Dis guy,

depending on where you want it.
that is what town and what part of the town.

600k - 2.5m is a conservative extimate.
Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by spiderman(m): 5:47pm On Apr 24, 2007
Hi guys, its really heartwarming to read posts from Nigerians & friends of Nigeria with such warmth & thotfulness, i happen to be an architect based and practicing in Nigeria, i must say the advice i have read on this topic delights me very much and shows the level of awareness our people hava so far attained. H owever always endeavour to contact a professinal for further information whenever u intend to embark on such important projects. u can reach me at limitlesh@yahoo.com
Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by LondonCool(m): 6:56pm On Apr 24, 2007
How about this ?

Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by DisGuy: 11:23pm On Apr 24, 2007
LCool, they all look good and im sure they'll good rental property but I think maintenance might be difficult in the long term
Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by sketch18(m): 10:20am On Apr 27, 2007
ATTACHED IS AN EXAMPLE IF YOUR INTERESTED grin

SKETCH

2 Likes

Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by jidody(m): 3:32pm On Apr 27, 2007
Please I would like to know what it would cost me to get the plan for a twin duplex (Two 3-bedroom flats on one side and a 4 bedroom duplex on the other side).

The plot I have is at Isheri North Residential scheme in Lagos.

I need to have an idea of what it will cost to come out with the plan and also what it would cost to get the plan approved by the Lagos state government.

jidody@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by promise72(m): 7:00pm On Apr 27, 2007
@ sketch 18,

what is the details on that bldg. How many flats etc
Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by adefred: 2:10am On Apr 28, 2007
Hi guys,

I am so glad reading all your postings. This is my first time of visiting this forum and was glad for visiting. I am presently outside Nigeria on a visit and all your responses are great. We need to encourage outsiders to come home and build.

I am also interested in buliding now, but need advise on what to build and how to build.

Thank you all
Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by lanrew(m): 5:11pm On Aug 22, 2007
Lanrew,

In case you need a builder with a good track record with evidences in terms of our company profile and the physical building pls do get in touch on seggs.partners@yahoo.com
Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by iyaegbe(f): 1:57am On Aug 23, 2007
I will be greatful to have a good building plan for a four bedroom bungalow (all ensuite) with two living rooms and a study. I need this for my brother who is willing to build in 9ja. Reach me on iyabo.olufemi@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by mutonib: 9:57am On Sep 22, 2007
Please I am also looking for a home plan for bungalow, please email me if you have any.
Thanks.
mutonib@yahoo.ca
Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 3:25pm On Sep 22, 2007
WHere do you get those designs from?? @Londoncool

Is it possible to build a 20 storey apartment complex in Lagos??

Kobojunkie
Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by LondonCool(m): 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2007
@Kobojunkie,

I got the design from my Architect, we are working on a mini-estate project in Calabar.

Anything is possible in Lagos, you'll need to get your proposed 20 Floor Apartment approved by the relevant authorities before you go-ahead.
Re: Home Plans For Bungalows In Nigeria? by ROBEN(m): 7:51am On Dec 28, 2007
Thanks guys for your great responces and I hope somone will respond to me soonest.Please I will like to have a design for a five bedroom duplex,guest room,sitting room,toilet/bathroom and a kitchen down while the remaining four rooms will be up. The location of the house is Lagos and the land is not a full plot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI / Prices For These Paints / How Large Is 'A Plot' Of Land?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.