Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? (28276 Views)

Latest Ankara Styles For Ladies To Slay With. / Blackfishing: The new trend of White People Trying To look Black / 100% Natural Skin Lightening, Toning And Whitening Cream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by dingbang(m): 7:01am On Dec 05, 2016
Laveda:
Nah!

Most of us don't do this to impress anyone, we do it cause we like it.

Don't get it wrong, its not about a real man or whatever you call it. undecided
Some men even likes these things on their wives.

The other day at my office, my boss told his wife, "you aren't wearing makeup today, why? And she said her Mary kay powder is finished.. And he promised giving her 4500 to get it.

You mixng this shii up.
nice comment.

Buh make up doesn't look good on you laveda. Try smth else

1 Like

Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by Laveda(f): 11:58am On Dec 05, 2016
dingbang:
nice comment.

Buh make up doesn't look good on you laveda. Try smth else

smiley. Saying something reasonable isn't Part of you Hector, try pushing trucks.

1 Like

Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by Toks2008(m): 7:25pm On Dec 06, 2016
lalasticlala do you fancy makeup on a lady?
Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by lalasticlala(m): 7:41pm On Dec 06, 2016
Toks2008:
lalasticlala do you fancy makeup on a lady?

Yea, I do, moderate ones.
Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by Toks2008(m): 9:41pm On Dec 06, 2016
lalasticlala:

Yea, I do, moderate ones.
Fair enough.
Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by Toks2008(m): 7:06pm On Dec 10, 2016
mcy:

Crap and shallow minded opinion.
So because you think that's the reason, it holds true for everybody? Toks?
I use make up, not the heavy/ very expensive ones though(can't find myself buying a 10k powder,my 2500classic is enough cheesy) coz I believe it makes me look classy and radiant too, especially when I'm going out for my daily activities, I learnt to do my brows because it's the new fashion and I have to go with the trend(I will be a grandma someday, I need something to gist my grandkids about the fashion of now)
So I don't use makeup because I'm ugly, Cox I'm not tongue or to impress the men(most of them don't even know the different types of makeups) , omotola jalade ain't ugly, she sure use make too.

All this vexation on top wettin?

1 Like

Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by guywitzerogal(m): 7:26pm On Dec 15, 2016
Toks2008:

Most boys you mean?

Real men prefer your natural looks..quote me anywhere.
stop deceivin ursef either boyz or men even grandpa we get carry away wit wat we see

1 Like

Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by grodt999: 7:28pm On Dec 15, 2016
Because most things they do is 419.

1 Like

Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by repogirl(f): 7:28pm On Dec 15, 2016
Tell this to Genevieve Nnaji, Omotola Jalade, Kim kardashian and all the other smoking hot women that you men are dying for.

I've never heard any guy commend Asa for being a radiant natural beauty but mention Genevieve or Omotola and we hear, they are sexy, ageless and smoking hot, lol.

What do those women have in common that Asa doesn't?

Men will tell you they are not bothered and you don't need make up but you will see them admiring the made up women.

There's absolutely nothing wrong in making up but the key is moderation. Nothing over the top, afterall when guys dress, they like to wear fitted clothing to enhance their form and make them look sharp, especially when they have somewhere important they need to be...Or they need to impress people.

Some guys go as far as dying their hair, applying creams and stuff to make their hair look stylish and wavy. It's all the same thing. No one wants to look scruffy, everyone wants to look and feel confident. If making up makes a woman feel confident and in charge, she should by all means do it. If being natural is her choice, nobody should query anyone.

Guys, you sef go for the one you like. Different strokes for different folks, even naturalistas have their insecurities.

3 Likes

Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by Mutuwa(m): 7:28pm On Dec 15, 2016
Toks2008:

Most boys you mean?

Real men prefer your natural looks..quote me anywhere.

You are not wrong my guy.I tell my wife less or no makeup.I tell my female colleagues at work same.
Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by clems88(m): 7:29pm On Dec 15, 2016
I love my bae . always looks natural. cheesy
Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:30pm On Dec 15, 2016
Toks2008,

Please check out this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/3520905/lady-denied-entry-restaurant-because

The lady in the link was denied entry to a restaurant because of her natural hair do. What's your say on this?
Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by adedayoa2(f): 7:31pm On Dec 15, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

He will spend more on you with make up you mean? So that's why you make up too. The loss of moral values begins with girls by themselves. The same guy who'll date you is usually well dressed in a long sleeved shirt while d so called attractive ladies open down the contours of hell
no change topic dude
Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by dingbang(m): 7:31pm On Dec 15, 2016
lol a lady has to look beautiful nevertheless.
Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by steppin: 7:32pm On Dec 15, 2016
ferhyntorlah:
Toks2008,

Please check out this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/3520905/lady-denied-entry-restaurant-because

The lady in the link was denied entry to a restaurant because of her natural hair do. What's your say on this?
That one na mgbeke (village girl).
Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 15, 2016
I should forward this page to my man..

All I do is powder my face and I am good. Him? so pro make up, lashes, nails et al.
Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:36pm On Dec 15, 2016
steppin:

That one na mgbeke (village girl).

Remember the topic of the thread is Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural?

She's looking 101% natural.
Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by steppin: 7:38pm On Dec 15, 2016
ferhyntorlah:

Remember the topic of the thread is Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural?

Mgbeke is not natural. She looks like a house girl.
Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by willibounce1(m): 7:39pm On Dec 15, 2016
Make up is the greatest self deceit ladies engage in. You know how you look naturally, but you go about painting your face with all kinda powders just to look different or prettier. At the end of the day you get home and wash of your face. It really doesn't make any sense.

1 Like

Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by UuzbaGuuzba: 7:39pm On Dec 15, 2016
As you know from history, majority of the Black people in America were dragged there as slaves and treated with segregation. This fell heavily on black women. A black woman invented the curling tongs that straightened out her kinky hair. It became a craze as it seemed to make white people, at least respect them more (I mean accepting black women in society. Dear, yes, segregation is that bad). Nigerian women just copied this from Black American women. Attachment is a faster invention. Maybe it made Nigerian men respect them more, but here we are arguing about it.

1 Like

Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:40pm On Dec 15, 2016
steppin:
Mgbeke is not natural. She looks like a house girl.
I maintain my stand that she's natural. No further comment. Thanks
Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by Martinola(m): 7:42pm On Dec 15, 2016
crazymommy:
If you claim unattractive ladies make up to look attractive then i wonder why genevieve still uses make up??i wonder why beyonce still uses make up,i wonder why rita dominic still uses make up..??your claim is CRAP
Dos popul r nt no whr near attractive without make-up...Rita dominic wey im face don wrinkle finish

1 Like

Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by daveP(m): 7:44pm On Dec 15, 2016
they just have self believe issue, but it's clouded in self-denial

Besides it's cos of guys it's been done, but they still also deny that too.

it's now a mask that covers reality and common sense. it's humorfully hidden to the extent we can't but just accept
Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by steppin: 7:45pm On Dec 15, 2016
ferhyntorlah:

I maintain my stand that she's natural.
No further comment.
Thanks
Your opinion. Doesn't matter anyway.

1 Like

Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 15, 2016
Work on your base skin?
Eat right, exercise?
Climate change means more discoloration. Stress doesn't help, neither does a sedentary life style.

I've been married to my wife for over ten years ( and five children later) and she is awesome in the mornings. She wears make up to corporate do's but she knows I love the natural look.

I have nothing against make up but there is a lot of overkill around that transforms women into Japanese geisha's. I personally find that yucky.

If a man has got you for you he is more likely to ask you to go light on the make up, if you are a trophy then..well...
Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by brightalo17: 7:55pm On Dec 15, 2016
Bring it on after all na inside the other room they wait both makeup and none makeups. grin

Op I think light and fitted makeups are not all that bad,my turn off are those awkward types of makeups. sad

Ladies abeg make una try keep it cool and light next time. grin
Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by AngelsAndStars(m): 7:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
ferhyntorlah:

when abnormal things become "normal" then normal things become "abnormal"

maybe, if more women go natural, it will gain the normal status back. kapish
Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by baba11(m): 7:59pm On Dec 15, 2016
..I prefer it natural.
Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 15, 2016
ReneeNuttall:

That was those days I guess.... Now gals with no make up,are regarded as oldschooled

Nope maybe for the guys you're associating I already know it's makeup I mean I ain't blind I might as well see the real beauty than the live photoshop filters. Which is why fair or light skinned babes don't attract me black babes do.

1 Like

Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by diva90: 8:02pm On Dec 15, 2016
Because men like it flashy.
Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by CaraJewel(f): 8:03pm On Dec 15, 2016
It isnt difficult for me,i wear my natural look most of the time,tho i imagine the way i will look in real good make up,just like the ones i see online,not the type i may wear in the morning and by noon my natural face takes over
Re: Why is it difficult for ladies to look 100% natural? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 15, 2016
crazymommy:
If you claim unattractive ladies make up to look attractive then i wonder why genevieve still uses make up??i wonder why beyonce still uses make up,i wonder why rita dominic still uses make up..??your claim is CRAP

Because they are usually paid to keep a status and to ensure the insecure ones are depressed because depression is good for business. GOD forbid all the ladies feel good with their natural look who do you think would lose. The comestic industry so they sponsor celebrities and artist to look good hell infact they used photos hop to achieve the impossible creating the impossible standards and stimulating demands for makeup products. They even sponsor music videos and tell the artists ensure the girls there use heavy makeup to make them insecure girls go gaga. Till the conspirators in suit are satisfied. Why do you think music videos use fair skin ladies mostly and why do you think bleaching products sell the most. It's a simple game of manipulation and self hatred which alot of woman have. *wears tin foil hat and smokes weed*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

For Classy Men And Families (clothings) / Check Out This Lady's Make-up Transformation Photos / How Cute Does Low Cut Look On A Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.