Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,417 members, 7,800,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

The Power Of Weeping By Michael Youssef - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Power Of Weeping By Michael Youssef (915 Views)

The Power Behind Sex / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Weep Not, The Season Of Weeping Is Over. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Weeping By Michael Youssef by fe32(m): 11:04am On Nov 05, 2009
this is a must hear, it's a 20min message for the church of today delivered at the indiana revival conference, get message at www.sermonindex.net, or google the joy of weeping,

some excerpts,

[b] God's own people became mislead by the cacophony  of voices. Preach to them that all the blessings they can get from God they can get in this life. What is even worse God's  own people were being oblivious to the abysmal condition and the abysmal spiritual condition in which they lived. They  were oblivious to their awaiting ,  judgment, they were too busy building their net worth, they were too busy with the message of the 'you can get it all and you can get it now'. Oh, but that was even worse than that, they actually confused material prosperity with eternal life.

Denomination after denomination have sold their birth rights and the so called evangelicals have opted for strategic silence and moral neutrality. In wanting to be user friendly, in seeking to be excepted and praised by the world they have befriended the world and scorned the Lord Jesus Christ. No wonder the apostle Paul said in 1st Corinthians 14:8 If the trumpet gives an uncertain sound who shall prepare himself for the battle?."

My people who I have foreknown before the creation of the world they have exchanged their prayer closets for marketing strategy. They have traded power with God for power with man.They have leaned not on the Everlasting Arm but they have leaned on the arms of what works, they have leaned on the arms of entertainment, they have leaned on the arms of what appeals to the flesh ,  Oh yes ,  They have despised suffering with Christ so that they may reign and rule with Christ. They have bought into the lie that says God wants you to be happy not Holy. They have bought into the lie that says give the consumer what they want not what they need. They have bought into the lie that says feed your customers with kid gloves so that they might come back to you.' Have we forgotten that only God's Christ can convert a soul and none of this can convert anybody.

For we have allowed the Church to function by statistics, focus group and polls , Instead of going on our knees. We have replaced the mourners bench for the stage of entertainment. We have , worshiped at the altar of what works not what's Biblical. We have focused on what is profitable not what's prophetic. We have plunged headlong into what sells not what leads to repentance and turning to the living God, Oh , that my head is water and my eyes a fountain of tears, so that I might weep day and night over my people. You know a simpleton immigrant like me have often wondered, why is it that the more we focus on communication in marriage the higher the divorce rate climbs. Why is it that the more we focus on money the higher the rate of debt. Why is it the more we focus on looking good and feeling good the more discontented God's people are. Why is it that the more we focus on meeting perceived needs the more desperate and depressed and the more unfulfilled God's people are? Could it be that we have forgotten that the Lords instruction that only when you seek first and foremost His kingdom and His righteousness that all of our real need will be met by His glory and height and power.

[/b]

download message at  www.sermonindex.net

(1) (Reply)

Apparition Of Jesus / Everybody In Nigeria Born Again? / Yesterday Was Awesome!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.