Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

I Laugh When I Feel Pain. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Laugh When I Feel Pain. (880 Views)

Help! I Feel Pain N Bleed When Stooling / Depression: When I Think Of Sex, How Can I Die? - UNIPORT Female Student (Video) / See 8 Reasons Why You Feel Pain, Tenderness And Burning Sensation In Your Breast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Laugh When I Feel Pain. by MrDojo(m): 4:38pm On Nov 21, 2016
Good day everyone...

Let me get striaght to the point... I always laugh anytime I feel pain ( physical pain to be precise ), the first time I really noticed this strange condition was when I twisted my ankle a night to my 8th birthday..

There was also another time when I had a serious inflammation on one of fingers ( popularly called weak-low or boil ), I went to the hospital to get it treated because I had an exam to writed the following week, the Dr. Told me she was going to insert a syringe into my finger to draw out the puss, she told me it was going to be very painful, I told her to go ahead, she requested the assistance of a nurse to hold me down.

When she started the procedure, the pain was out of this world because I could feel the needle moving in my fingers, but suprisingly instead of crying in pain I started a serious bout of laugther, which caught the Dr & Nurse of guard, they were wondering what was happening to me..I was laughing as if basket mouth, bovi and co were doing a live show for me.....

I want to know if there are other people who experience this strange condition also...

If possible I like to get expert opinions from the Dr's in the house....

Cc

Lalasticlala
Dominique
Myd44
Re: I Laugh When I Feel Pain. by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:30pm On Nov 21, 2016
It has to do with the messages/signals sent to your brain from your nerve endings in your skin and also the way your brain works and interprets the signals.

I believe it's nothing abnormal. smiley

And just in case, I dont think it has to do with masochism because you're not getting "turned on" but just feeling normal physical pain. It's more subconsious and involuntary.

Sometimes, people's nerves send the
right message, but the brain interprets it
differently- sometimes you cry, laugh, or do nothing as your reaction to physical pain.

Don't worry, it's nothing bad but normal. It's just how some people are. You're fine. smiley

1 Like

Re: I Laugh When I Feel Pain. by MrDojo(m): 11:44pm On Nov 24, 2016
Thank you for your comment.... I choose to believe I'm part of the new breed of humans cheesy grin

TheSuperNerd:
It has to do with the messages/signals sent to your brain from your nerve endings in your skin and also the way your brain works and interprets the signals.

I believe it's nothing abnormal. smiley

And just in case, I dont think it has to do with masochism because you're not getting "turned on" but just feeling normal physical pain. It's more subconsious and involuntary.

Sometimes, people's nerves send the
right message, but the brain interprets it
differently- sometimes you cry, laugh, or do nothing as your reaction to physical pain.

Don't worry, it's nothing bad but normal. It's just how some people are. You're fine. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Assistance Needed / 7 Natural Ways To Boost Your Brain Power + Sharpen Your Mind / Re : Nigerian Woman Incurs £500,000 Medical Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.