Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,244 members, 7,807,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

Advice On N-power!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Advice On N-power!! (2030 Views)

You Can Now Check Pre-selection Status On N-power Portal / Latest Update On N-power / Why We Are Carrying Out BVN Validation On N-power Participants – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On N-power!! by Eddy2010(m): 7:56am On Nov 22, 2016
Fellow Nairalanders, can someone with a matured reasoning, very reasonable and convincing point of view please advice a brother on this issue. He is thinking of quitting his 48k job to take up Npower. His analysis shows that the 48k job isn't guaranteed. The man wakes up and fires anybody he wish. He joined the coy in February this year. Risk factor in the job pretty high. 8am-6pm Monday to Saturday. But Npower, pretty stable for 2 years, 8am-2pm Monday to Friday, risk factor very low. Extra time and days for other business. Do tender your modest thoughts please. Let's help the guy in his choice making.
Re: Advice On N-power!! by monlawal(m): 8:40am On Nov 22, 2016
Dump the current job and join Npower because of the following:
1. Risk factor very high
2. More flexible working time with the npower
3. No risk of been sacked with the npower
4. In the process of teaching you are also learning new things which i am sure your current job does not offer you.
5. That paranoid boss fit dey beef that 40k+ him dey pay you
Re: Advice On N-power!! by sparko1(m): 8:59am On Nov 22, 2016
Eddy2010:
Fellow Nairalanders, can someone with a matured reasoning, very reasonable and convincing point of view please advice a brother on this issue. He is thinking of quitting his 48k job to take up Npower. His analysis shows that the 48k job isn't guaranteed. The man wakes up and fires anybody he wish. He joined the coy in February this year. Risk factor in the job pretty high. 8am-6pm Monday to Saturday. But Npower, pretty stable for 2 years, 8am-2pm Monday to Friday, risk factor very low. Extra time and days for other business. Do tender your modest thoughts please. Let's help the guy in his choice making.

Before quitting your job think about this!
The aspect of Npower you applied for, is it in your line of field?
Do your current job increase your knowledge base in your field of study?
Do you have enough time to further or plan for something else (as 48k is not enough to rely on)?
Is there a chance of salary increase?
Do you have a family relying on you?
Do you have a hand work that you want to improve on, or what do you want to use the extra time for?

well if you discover that the chances of increase and improving in your field of study is limited in your current job, with little or no time to prepare for something else please quit. But if there is a chance of increase in salary, and all that your guess is a good as mine.
Re: Advice On N-power!! by Emmysteve(m): 9:36am On Nov 22, 2016
sparko1:

Do you have enough time to further or plan for something else (as 48k is not enough to rely on)?
Do you have a hand work that you want to improve on, or what do you want to use the extra time for?

well if you discover that the chances of increase and improving in your field of study is limited in your current job, with little or no time to prepare for something else please quit. But if there is a chance of increase in salary, and all that your guess is a good as mine.
Did you read where he said HIGH RISK at all?
Re: Advice On N-power!! by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 22, 2016
Both not good for me.

N-power, a piece of crap. Your current job, pieces of craps.

In an event such as this, piece of crap is preferable to pieces of craps
Re: Advice On N-power!! by Eddy2010(m): 9:45am On Nov 22, 2016
sparko1:

So helpful. Stimulated my thoughts further. Broader perspective. Thanks So much for the input. Gratia..
Re: Advice On N-power!! by Eddy2010(m): 9:50am On Nov 22, 2016
monlawal:
Dump the current job and join Npower because of the following:
1. Risk factor very high
2. More flexible working time with the npower
3. No risk of been sacked with the npower
4. In the process of teaching you are also learning new things which i am sure your current job does not offer you.
5. That paranoid boss fit dey beef that 40k+ him dey pay you
I think you have some points. Quite helpful
Re: Advice On N-power!! by bolanleayodeji97(f): 9:55am On Nov 22, 2016
please how is it possible for me to change my N-Power location as I was posted to a lga farther from where I stayed. I guess that happened due to technical error in the cause of application
Re: Advice On N-power!! by sparko1(m): 9:55am On Nov 22, 2016
Emmysteve:
Did you read where he said HIGH RISK at all?

I SAW IT, HIGH RISK MEANS HE CAN BE REMOVED AT ANYTIME, BUT HE HASN'T THAT MEANS HE MUST HAVE SOMETHING THE COMPANY WANT.
LETS LOOK AT IT THIS WAY

HE HAS BEEN EMPLOYED FOR OVER TEN MONTHS NOW
MANY HAVE BEEN SACKED, MIND YOU HIS COMPANY IS NOT THE ONLY ONE AFFECTED BY THE ECONOMY, ANYBODY CAN BE SACKED!
EVEN IF HIS BOSS IS THE DEVIL, HE STILL WANT TO GROW HIS COMPANY!
SO AS FAR HAS HE CAN DELIVER THE COMPANY STILL WANT HIM!

THE ONLY JOB THERE IS NO HIGH RISK THIS DAYS, IS SELF EMPLOYMENT TRUST ME.
Re: Advice On N-power!! by Eddy2010(m): 10:56am On Nov 22, 2016
Thanks So far good people.. Two good thinking heads are better than one
Re: Advice On N-power!! by Eddy2010(m): 4:57pm On Nov 22, 2016
won't be surprised some do face the same dilemma
Re: Advice On N-power!! by angeltolly(f): 6:48pm On Nov 22, 2016
I will advise you take up the N-Power job

1) Work Monday to Friday only which gives you more time for other businesses you may want to do.

2) The experience is added to your CV especially if you apply in along your career path

3) You have opportunity to meet up with people in your ministry who can hint you up if a permanent job come up there (Most of these ministry works are done underground)

4) While at it, you can calmly get a better job without fear of uncertainty that your present job gives you. You can go for interviews with ease (am not sure you have time to go for any interview with your 8-6, Monday - Saturday job)

Just weigh your options and make a good decision bro
Re: Advice On N-power!! by Eddy2010(m): 7:04pm On Nov 22, 2016
angeltolly:
I will advise you take up the N-Power job

1) Work Monday to Friday only which gives you more time for other businesses you may want to do.

2) The experience is added to your CV especially if you apply in along your career path

3) You have opportunity to meet up with people in your ministry who can hint you up if a permanent job come up there (Most of these ministry works are done underground)

4) While at it, you can calmly get a better job without fear of uncertainty that your present job gives you. You can go for interviews with ease (am not sure you have time to go for any interview with your 8-6, Monday - Saturday job)

Just weigh your options and make a good decision bro
Thanks alot sis
Re: Advice On N-power!! by Debbykute: 8:07pm On Nov 22, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Sure-p Recruitment 2018/2019 - Subsidy Reinvestment And Empowerment Program Form / Dangote Group Fresh Job Recruitment (24 Positions) / Until I Won N43m From Bet9ja My Girlfriend Started Rumour Of Caring For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.