Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,310 members, 7,780,733 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:00 PM

Davido An Average Artist, Money Helped Him. How True?? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido An Average Artist, Money Helped Him. How True?? (564 Views)

See The Graphics Designer Behind The Viral Photo Causing Fight Between Davido An / Chioma Allegedly Calls Davido An Idiot........? / Adebola Williams: Buhari Didn't Give Me The Change I Helped Him Campaign For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Davido An Average Artist, Money Helped Him. How True?? by bossmeek(m): 3:54pm On Nov 22, 2016
To be able to make it big and move into the mainstream music you need to possess at least one or two of these qualities which are; Talent, money, swag, good voice, song writing skill, large fanbaze and God’s favour.
These seven qualities are my holy grail for any artiste that wants to be successful and are also what can make or mar you as an artiste. So this leads me to asking this very controversial question which might not go down well with a lot of people who are his fans. The question goes, “Is Davido an average artiste who wouldn’t have made it big if it weren’t for the money he had to throw around in order to solidify his name on our hearts and minds?”

Let’s take a look at his career from inception when he released his debut single “Back When” featuring Naeto C. So many people didn’t like the song at first when it was released but because he was able to force it on us by paying a huge sum of money to TV stations and radio stations to air it almost every minute, the song got stuck in our head and before we knew what was happening we all unconsciously began to sing the song and then people began to fall in love with it. That is the power of one of the 7 qualities I listed at the beginning of my article, which is the power of MONEY.
Let’s look at it in a different angle. Would you have paid attention to Davido’s music if you only downloaded his music online and maybe heard or watched his music on the radio or television just twice or thrice? Am sure your answer would be NO. There are a lot of talented artistes roaming the street.... continue reading here...

Source: http://www.bossmeek.com.ng/2016/11/is-davido-average-artiste-who-made-it.html?m=1

1 Share

Re: Davido An Average Artist, Money Helped Him. How True?? by crazymommy(f): 5:35pm On Nov 22, 2016
Most Naija artistes are average...all thanks to wonderful danceable music beats dem for no get any hit song...songs with poor lyrical content..thank GOD for those producers that give them very wonderful beat.....so focusing only on davido sounds like hating when we know he is not the only top naija artist that is average or that money helped.:
Re: Davido An Average Artist, Money Helped Him. How True?? by Kobicove(m): 5:38pm On Nov 22, 2016
I agree
Re: Davido An Average Artist, Money Helped Him. How True?? by daviddagreat: 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2016
I tink u are just a wait enzo has something for u

(1) (Reply)

Tekno Chilling With Charles Okocha (jayboy) / Obasanjo Referees Match Between Medical Doctors In Abeokuta (photo) / Photo: Falz Signs Deal With BBM; Now Official Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.