Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,986 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression (2406 Views)

Hisense Smart Tv Series 6 Unboxing / Infinix Hot 6 Unboxing & Advantages over the Infinix Hot 6 Pro! / Tecno L9 Plus Unboxing, Hands On And First Impression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by shiftback: 4:28pm On Nov 22, 2016
I just got the phantom 6 and i thought I should do a quick unboxing.
I've been using it already for the past couple days so don't expect to see me break the seal and tear rubber.

So much hype came with the launch of this and the 6+ so we'll find out if it lived up to the hype or not.
Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by shiftback: 4:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
Let's start with the packaging.
I am big on simplicity.
But the pack the phantom 6 came in is anything but simple.
It came in a huge box.
Check the packaging in comparison to iPhone 7, iPhone 6+, iPhone 6s and BB Z30

Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by shiftback: 4:44pm On Nov 22, 2016
Let's get right on it

The box includes the different documentation that we usually see, such as the Quick Start guide, the user manual that nobody ever reads and the warranty information and of course the phone itself with a USB Type-C port which is a first for TECNO. Also in the box is the AC adapter and the cable that is compatible with this new standard. I particularly like the flat cable as it helps keep things tangle free.

Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by shiftback: 4:56pm On Nov 22, 2016
FIRST IMPRESSIONS.

Taking the phantom 6 out of its box, the first thing you’ll notice is how substantial the phone feels in your hand. Even if it isn’t particularly heavy, the metal frame makes the device feel very solid and I was also impression with the 6.15mm thickness of the phone. It adds to the overall beauty and sleekness. The design is spot on for me.

Tecno opted for a uni-body design and is crafted from metal. The phone has premium written all over it. This a far cry from what we normally see from TECNO. The plastic days are truly over.

Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by shiftback: 5:10pm On Nov 22, 2016
Turning on the phone you are greeted with a vibrant display.
The high precision 5.5 inch display of the phantom 6 displays colors with unparalleled quality, thanks to the FHD AMOLED display.
The display is protected with Corning gorilla Glass 3.
Viewing angles are good and it's clear the panel TECNO used is of a high quality. The super AMOLED ensures that the colours are vibrant and crisp with the signature deep blacks that has come to be associated with AMOLEDs.
Overall the display is stunning and vibrant there can't be any complaints in that department.

Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by Flashh: 5:13pm On Nov 22, 2016
Cheap packaging and also looks cheap. Tecno Phantom 5 looks more premium to this.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by shiftback: 5:16pm On Nov 22, 2016
The camera interface is minimal. you do not need to consult the user manual to locate the settings.
The phone is equipped with 8MP front facing camera with Front flash and a dual rear camera with 13MP SONY Camera at the top and a 5mp camera below with the ability to refocus on your subject to get the required details.
Check out sample pictures below.

Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by shiftback: 5:19pm On Nov 22, 2016
Flashh:
Cheap packaging and also looks cheap. Tecno Phantom 5 looks more premium to this.
Trust me the packaging doesn't look cheap. I just felt they should've kept it simple.
Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by Flashh: 5:56pm On Nov 22, 2016
shiftback:

Trust me the packaging doesn't look cheap. I just felt they should've kept it simple.
It looks cheap to its previous, Phantom 5.
Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by Abdstrakt(m): 6:58am On Nov 26, 2016
Flashh:
It looks cheap to its previous, Phantom 5.
I've seen the both packaging and there's not really much difference. The most important thing is in the content and the phantom 6 is a major upgrade on the phantom 5 except of course the lack of fingerprint scanner.
Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by Abdstrakt(m): 7:02am On Nov 26, 2016
shiftback:
FIRST IMPRESSIONS.

Taking the phantom 6 out of its box, the first thing you’ll notice is how substantial the phone feels in your hand. Even if it isn’t particularly heavy, the metal frame makes the device feel very solid, which is a far cry from what we normally see from TECNO. The plastic days are truly over.
I can see it has 2 rear cameras. Do they work simultaneously or you use dem separately?
Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by shiftback: 11:19am On Nov 26, 2016
At the bottom of the phone is the dual speaker grills and the USB Type-C port for light speed charge and fast data transfer.
This is the first Tecno phone to come with the USB Type-C feature. The phantom 6+ also has it and both were released on the same day.

Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by shiftback: 11:35am On Nov 26, 2016
As you would expect the phone comes with HIOS 1.1.0 Based on Android Marshmallow right out of the box. Will there be a Noughat update? We hope so.
I am a fan of the HIOS as it has a ton of customizations.
It has its own theme manager and the ability to change the font without the need to root your phone.

Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 11:45am On Nov 26, 2016
phone wey go lost one day.. Or the owners (thief) go collect am back
Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 11:46am On Nov 26, 2016
Abdstrakt:

I can see it has 2 rear cameras. Do they work simultaneously or you use dem separately?
2 cameras bawoo?? that thing you see beneath is called a finger print scanner.
Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 11:50am On Nov 26, 2016
and please enough of phantom 6. Almost every post is talking of phantom 6. .haba! publicity.. achieved! we haff heard na sad
Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by shiftback: 11:53am On Nov 26, 2016
BRIGHTRIVERS:
and please enough of phantom 6. Almost every post is talking of phantom 6. .haba! publicity.. achieved! we haff heard na sad
I buy phone with my money and I decided to share my thoughts on a public forum....why e dey pain you?
Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by shiftback: 11:55am On Nov 26, 2016
BRIGHTRIVERS:
ITK Who tell you say na fingerprint scanner?
The guy you quoted is right, na dual camera.
Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by shiftback: 11:59am On Nov 26, 2016
BRIGHTRIVERS:
If them collect am at least I dey alive, i go buy another one.
Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 26, 2016
BRIGHTRIVERS:

Ahn ahn! U be wishful thinker?
Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 26, 2016
BRIGHTRIVERS:

They are actually two. Dual camera. It has no fingerprint scanner
Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 12:17pm On Nov 26, 2016
funmyade:

They are actually two. Dual camera. It has no fingerprint scanner
Jesu!!! iya mi ooo
Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 12:43pm On Nov 26, 2016
shiftback:

If them collect am at least I dey alive, i go buy another one.
Boss man!!! include me in your budget this semester o
Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 12:44pm On Nov 26, 2016
shiftback:
ITK Who tell you say na fingerprint scanner? The guy you quoted is right, na dual camera.
wetin consign me?
Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 12:46pm On Nov 26, 2016
funmyade:

Ahn ahn! U be wishful thinker?
just talking frm experience when they stole my iPhone 4 which was barely 6months old that year tho
Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 12:50pm On Nov 26, 2016
shiftback:

I buy phone with my money and I decided to share my thoughts on a public forum....why e dey pain you?
niggar your thought is not different!. Being redundant with already existing posts will not help nairaland. Phantom 6 talk is getting boring and it's same reason I've not check on this session for a week or 2. Keep your review to yourself and your family. Your phone has ni new features from the other posts we've seen.
Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by shiftback: 12:59pm On Nov 26, 2016
BRIGHTRIVERS:
niggar your thought is not different!. Being redundant with already existing posts will not help nairaland. Phantom 6 talk is getting boring and it's same reason I've not check on this session for a week or 2. Keep your review to yourself and your family. Your phone has ni new features from the other posts we've seen.
Na Sabi Sabi make you go buy fake Infinix the other time.
Keep calm, you mustn't comment on all threads.
No be only session, na semester.
Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 1:05pm On Nov 26, 2016
shiftback:
Na Sabi Sabi make you go buy fake Infinix the other time. Keep calm, you mustn't comment on all threads. No be only session, na semester.
lol.
Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by shiftback: 1:11pm On Nov 26, 2016
Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by Freelancerx: 3:38pm On Nov 26, 2016
BRIGHTRIVERS:
The Phantom 6 is a dual camera phone while the 6 plus has the fingerprint sensor with 21MP camera.
Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by Behankey(m): 3:46pm On Nov 26, 2016
Reviews over reviews , unboxing story over unboxing story. All depicting the exquisiteness of the Phantom 6. Not surprised though.
Re: Tecno Phantom 6 Unboxing and first impression by scarycuteface(m): 3:48pm On Nov 26, 2016
Behankey:
Reviews over reviews , unboxing story over unboxing story. All depicting the exquisiteness of the Phantom 6. Not surprised though.
Like, you get it. Everyone having good things to say about the Phone, no negative review so far

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno Spark Plus K7 Vs Infinix Hot 4 Pro / Glo Iflix / CLOSED.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.