Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us (14665 Views)

Senate To Buhari: Call Sagay To Order, He's A Loose Cannon / Budget Face-off: Fashola Can’t Dictate To National Assembly, Says Senator / Jonathan Probe: We Won’t Dictate To EFCC, DSS, Says Osinbajo …says Security Agen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by Islie: 6:51pm On Nov 22, 2016
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says it is not under the direct supervision of President Muhammadu Buhari or “any other person or authority”.

Oluwole Osaze-Uzzi, INEC director of publicity, said this in response to the allegations that the commission was compromising its independence.

Recently, some civil society organisations (CSOs) and chieftains of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) accused INEC of compromising its independence.

But Osaze-Uzzi said most of the allegations levelled against the commission were as a result of some of its decisions not favouring the accusers.

“What we have always been doing is trying to assert our independence; trying to work in accordance with the laws. Sometimes this favours one set of people, sometimes it doesn’t,” he said.

“From our experience, when it doesn’t favour them, they make some forms of allegations to undermine the commission, its integrity, its independence and try to bring it down in the eyes of the public.

“Ironically, some of the same people are accusing us of compromising our independence and calling on the president to call us to order.

“We are not under the direction or supervision of the president or any other person or authority, so, why should the same set of people be calling on the president to call us to order?”

He said the same set of people accusing INEC of compromising its independence were the ones who want the electoral body to be compromised.

“They are the ones asking the national assembly and everybody to call us to order. If you read the constitution very well, we are not under the control of any body or institution,” he said.

Osaze-Uzzi said INEC was maintaining its independence in accordance with the law of the land.
“We are trying to apply the laws and principles consistently,” he said.

On the call for the resignation of INEC chairman over the alleged of complicity in the production of fake election result sheets in Ondo state, Osaze-Uzzi described it as “an absurdity’’.

He said nobody, not even the most of staff, in the commission knew the security features of the result sheets, adding the entire allegation were ridiculous.

“When you see people printing fake currency do you call on the central bank governor to resign?” he asked.

“When you see people printing fake WAEC result sheets, do you hear people calling on the registrar to resign or people working in WAEC to resign that they are involved?”

https://www.thecable.ng/inec-dont-ask-buhari-call-us-order-doesnt-dictate-us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by AntiIPOOP(m): 6:56pm On Nov 22, 2016
INEC is independent.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by CecyAdrian(f): 7:02pm On Nov 22, 2016
Enough said

1 Like

Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by richidinho(m): 7:06pm On Nov 22, 2016
INEC under Buhari is as useless as the letter "P" in the word psychology

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by SillyMods: 7:10pm On Nov 22, 2016
richidinho:
INEC under Buhari is as useless as the letter "P" in the word psychology
Today's INEC is the best we've had.

No more writing of result under "special circumstances" as it was under the Ineffectual Buffoon.

Keep licking your wound of election loss.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by richidinho(m): 7:16pm On Nov 22, 2016
SillyMods:

No more writing of result under "special circumstances" as it was under the Ineffectual Buffoon.

What do you know?

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by Alariwo2: 7:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
Na those Ipob yewts I dey pity pass these days.. disappointments everywhere for them
with their albino dilector presently cooling off in kuje prison

how do they sleep at night sef.. Tufia!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by mosalab(m): 7:18pm On Nov 22, 2016
LOL.... Yeah... Daura is in charge not Buhari...

2 Likes

Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by lomprico(m): 7:20pm On Nov 22, 2016
Kikikikikiki! We don hear cheesy
Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by SillyMods: 7:20pm On Nov 22, 2016
richidinho:

What do you know?
You dey do fake visa. That's what I know.
cool

7 Likes

Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 22, 2016
Stop shouting
Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2016
Wait let me confirm from Mamman Daura and Abba Kyari. One of them should know the truth

2 Likes

Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by richidinho(m): 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2016
SillyMods:

You dey do fake visa. That's what I know.
cool

12 Likes

Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by yomibelle(f): 7:37pm On Nov 22, 2016
By the time EFCC n DSS begin to raid, dem go no say Bubu fit to order dem
Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by Atiku2019: 7:38pm On Nov 22, 2016
I Love This cool

1 Like

Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by Godprotectigbos(f): 7:38pm On Nov 22, 2016
who is decieving who grin grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by Godprotectigbos(f): 7:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
Alariwo2:
Na those Ipob yewts I dey pity pass these days.. disappointments everywhere for them

guy in as much as i dont support the stupid biafra agitation ...but i think u should pity for Tinubu they used and dumb like tissue paper

15 Likes

Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by thaoriginator: 7:40pm On Nov 22, 2016
Alariwo2:

gringringrin falls off my private jet..

3 Likes

Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by divide9ja: 7:40pm On Nov 22, 2016
[size=14pt]I beg this gov and lies.

No be una go rig Edo State?[/size]

4 Likes

Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by silibaba: 7:41pm On Nov 22, 2016
Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by evansjeff(m): 7:43pm On Nov 22, 2016
Ok
Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:43pm On Nov 22, 2016
That's good. INEC should just ensure that this weekend gubernatorial election in Ondo State is conclusive.

2 Likes

Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by AkupeMBANO(m): 7:43pm On Nov 22, 2016
hurray! INEC wants to finally talk as if they have sense. who gave these ones brain? make i hear say una dey independent.

1 Like

Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by gebest: 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2016
Anything against Mimiko am ok
Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by wiloy2k8(m): 7:46pm On Nov 22, 2016
ok
Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by AllTheWayUp: 7:47pm On Nov 22, 2016
SillyMods:

grin grin grin

Oya Zombie Recieve Sense

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by bioemmy: 7:48pm On Nov 22, 2016
All na wash.
Media barking of a toothless organization.

2 Likes

Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by Alariwo2: 7:48pm On Nov 22, 2016
Godprotectigbos:

guy in as much as i dont support the stupid biafra agitation ...but i think u should pity for Tinubu they used and dumb like tissue paper

we've got it covered.. thank you

atleast we ain't waiting for Trump like ya'll did during one Emeke offor's burial

I still don't know what happened why Trump didn't show up.. do you av any idea?

2 Likes

Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by CandyDiamond(f): 7:48pm On Nov 22, 2016
It seems that IPOB is giving some nimwits nightmares that they can't stop screaming IPOB .Very soon they will remove their cloth run naked enter market dey shout IPOB!!IPOB!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by Newbiee: 7:50pm On Nov 22, 2016
Abeg, tell them wailers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC: Don’t Ask Buhari To Call Us To Order, He Doesn’t Dictate To Us by goshen26: 7:54pm On Nov 22, 2016
K

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Border Closure Not To Punish Neighbours – Buhari / You Lied, Yewa Indigenes Fled To Benin Republic - Youths To Ogun Govt / INEC Officials Boycott Some Polling Units In Ihiala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.