Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Technology Is Destroying Our Jobs! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Technology Is Destroying Our Jobs! (506 Views)

How Many Of Us Still Has Our Jobs / Online Publications Taking Our Jobs – Bauchi Newspaper Vendors / Save Our Jobs: 153 Civil Servants Whose Salaries Were Stopped Cry Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Technology Is Destroying Our Jobs! by Xtianart(f): 5:03am On Nov 23, 2016
Technology is destroying our jobs!
Can we say technology is the problem? Looking at the various advantages and benefits it has brought to the world but it is time to face the reality.
Over a hundred years ago, about 90% of people used to be participate in the farming process but today? Less than 1%. Machines are doing most of the work. The jobs are gone.
Instead of people as customer care service representatives, today people talk to machine. Where are those jobs now? Gone. I fear for future of the people in that line of work.
Who employs sale people again? When there are likes of Jumia, Amazon, Konga etc With your phone you can buy anything online, safely delivered to your door post.
I don’t even want to bore you with how fast human beings
are becoming irrelevant in the banking sector these days. with internet banking, ATM machine and the rest. Thanks to technology.
Fewer jobs every day, more and more people competing for them. If your salary is slashed into two today, what can you do? Another person is waiting outside, very eager to assume your position with lesser amount of your current salary. Government workers in Nigeria are feeling that heat.
That you are loyal to your company doesn’t mean your company would be loyal to you. That promise of being rewarded by your company after so many years of service is becoming a myth, especially for government workers.
How awesome is your career? Don’t even fool yourself with the belief that you have job security.
So, what is the way out? It depends on you...Knowledge is wisdom. Read the details http://feelmybliss.com/2016/11/05/awesome-career-cant-global-economy/

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Protect My Book From Plagiarism? / PHCN Staff Electrocuted While Trying To Rescue His Colleague / Help On How To Write My Chapter4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.