Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe (3061 Views)

I Just Opened A Cyber Cafe. Which Subscription Plan Is The Best? / How To Setup A Cyber Cafe / Network Engineer To Setup A Cyber-cafe Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe by Beebsyn(m): 10:55am On Nov 06, 2009
Hello NLs, do any one knows the cost to establish a Cyber Cafe business? with atleast 15 computers, Internet service provider(ISP), and other requirements.
Re: An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe by tunde300us(m): 12:18pm On Nov 06, 2009
send me ur location or just send me a text nd i will get back to u.08034025906,tunde300us@gmail.com
Re: An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe by yinkfad(m): 3:01pm On Nov 06, 2009
the location is the first thing to consider. then other things follows. where do u want it? so as to know which mode of connection is to be used. when this one is settled then we know what to do. if u will not mind u can mail me on this id yinkfad24u@yahoo.com or u call me on this 08038551924.
thanks
Re: An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe by Beebsyn(m): 9:38am On Nov 07, 2009
yinkfad:

the location is the first thing to consider. then other things follows. where do u want it? so as to know which mode of connection is to be used. when this one is settled then we know what to do. if u will not mind u can mail me on this id yinkfad24u@yahoo.com or u call me on this 08038551924.
thanks
Its around Bariga, akoka to be specific. I don't really know much about the connection. I will be glad if you can just put me through. thanks
Re: An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe by mikesleek(m): 9:02pm On Nov 10, 2009
In terms of connection, do you want to go through a vsat link or a wimax link? This is majorly dependent on your budget.
Re: An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe by Beebsyn(m): 9:22am On Nov 11, 2009
mikesleek:

In terms of connection, do you want to go through a vsat link or a wimax link? This is majorly dependent on your budget.
Are they the major two link used? which is faster and cheaper? Do you know about the broadband? What can you say on it?
Re: An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe by tunde300us(m): 10:47pm On Nov 12, 2009
I think u shouldnt use vsat cos ure in lagos and am sure u will get better options with either ipnx,netcom,starcomms etc.
Re: An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe by mikesleek(m): 10:53pm On Nov 13, 2009
tunde300us:

I think u shouldnt use vsat cos ure in lagos and am sure u will get better options with either ipnx,netcom,starcomms etc.

truely said. You could go for ipnx, cobranet etc. They give you modems and they are broadband. If asked to recomend, i would recomend cobranet. I've used them and they are more reliable at least for now!
Re: An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe by firewall: 11:10am On Nov 14, 2009
@mikesleek,

Which plan did you subscribe to on Cobranet? I was told they use Volume base.
Re: An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe by Beebsyn(m): 5:57pm On Nov 14, 2009
@mikesleek, how do they operate?
Re: An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe by mikesleek(m): 7:35pm On Nov 14, 2009
We are on the corporate plan and we are on 512 shared. It is basically ok for the 25 systems in my office. For the corporate plan, the contention ratio is quite low. In terms of operation, their subscription is monthly and they use an indoor modem for places with good signals and those under 1meg. but for those on the 1meg plan, they use the out door radio which i understand is not point to point, making it more effective. I hope i answered your questions rightly?
Re: An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe by info4sina(m): 11:51am On Nov 15, 2009
Hi house, i really love this tread.
Infact this as been of immense assistance, was looking at mtn hy connect, As anyone got info about this service as regards its cost,speed, effectiveness and lost more, my projection is for a mini cafe of about 5-6 systems.
Thanks and God bless,
Regards
info4sina
info4sinang@yahoo.com
Re: An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe by mikesleek(m): 11:00pm On Nov 15, 2009
info4sina:

Hi house, i really love this tread.
Infact this as been of immense assistance, was looking at mtn hy connect, As anyone got info about this service as regards its cost,speed, effectiveness and lost more, my projection is for a mini cafe of about 5-6 systems.
Thanks and God bless,
Regards
info4sina
info4sinang@yahoo.com

same applies to you in terms of broadband
Re: An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe by bani(m): 10:40am On Nov 16, 2009
The need for a ‘fast’ internet service provider cannot be argued. But the down time associated with service providers is always over looked, downtimes are an unavoidable issue considering the numerous issues associated with running a business in Nigeria et al power, man power, , vandalisation etc.
With all this issues considered, I would like to introduce the BNA, this is a bandwidth aggregator. This hard ware is a one-sided Internet bonding appliance that provides aggregated Internet connectivity to cyber cafes, small and medium size businesses , enterprises, apartments, hotels, hospitals and other multi-tenant buildings via aggregating multiple Internet access lines for increased performance and reliability. With the BNA, multiple DSL, cable modem or T1 services can be combined to provide higher speed and more reliable Internet access.
The BNA combines multiple Internet access lines, each on a 10/100baseT Ethernet interface, into a single aggregated Internet access line, again on a 10/100baseT Ethernet interface. The aggregation over the Internet access lines is done even for a single session, providing the full aggregate speed. The BNA supports aggregation of up to 6 Internet access lines and additional cellular data cards. Each Internet access line may be through a DSL modem, cable modem, T1, satellite modem, fractional DS3, DS3, fiber, cellular or any other broadband connection. In simpler terms the aggregation converges the bandwidth from 6 different service providers into a funnel and out into your network as one source.

Re: An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe by Beebsyn(m): 9:24am On Nov 17, 2009
@bani, the BNA aggregation was a newly introduced network, right! the question is, how effective was it?
Re: An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe by info4sina(m): 2:27pm On Nov 18, 2009
Hi House,
Thanks for ur responses,
please has anyone here tried Mtn Hy connect?
i look forward awaiting ur kind and sincere veiws.
Onces again, thanks and God bless.
Regards

info4sina
Re: An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe by Beebsyn(m): 6:37pm On Nov 19, 2009
@info4sina, what do you have to offer on the above topic?
Re: An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe by Beebsyn(m): 9:42am On Nov 23, 2009
Beebsyn:

@info4sina, what do you have to offer on the above topic?
Re: An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe by bani(m): 4:30pm On Nov 25, 2009
Beebsyn:

@bani, the BNA aggregation was a newly introduced network, right! the question is, how effective was it?
its not a network. the BNA is a device, it aggregates bandwidth from different ISP's. to get a good idea of the potential. if you are using 3 different isp's concurrently and each have burst capacity of atleats 512 each. combining the three gives you unlimitless possibility and down time on any doesnt cripple your network. for isp's that give you bandwidth limits. you can use the BNA to regulate usage period for networks that run 24 hours.
Re: An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe by Beebsyn(m): 10:29am On Dec 01, 2009
bani:

its not a network. the BNA is a device, it aggregates bandwidth from different ISP's. to get a good idea of the potential. if you are using 3 different isp's concurrently and each have burst capacity of atleats 512 each. combining the three gives you unlimitless possibility and down time on any doesnt cripple your network. for isp's that give you bandwidth limits. you can use the BNA to regulate usage period for networks that run 24 hours.
how much does it cost to get it?
also how much to get starcom connection?
Re: An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe by info4sina(m): 1:06pm On Dec 01, 2009
@beebsyn which starccom connection u talkin of here?
Compliments of d season House.
Re: An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe by Beebsyn(m): 1:46pm On Dec 01, 2009
info4sina:

@beebsyn which starccom connection u talkin of here?
Compliments of d season House.
i don't really know how they operates, if you can tell me the different connections and their cost. you are welcome.
Re: An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe by tunde300us(m): 2:59pm On Dec 03, 2009
Someone advised u go for cobranet, i dont think u will enjoy starcom but u can try out IPNX nd COBRANET.
Re: An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe by danexd(m): 5:05pm On Dec 03, 2009
tunde300us:

Someone advised u go for cobranet, i dont think u will enjoy starcom but u can try out IPNX nd COBRANET.
IPNX or Cobranet ****Only for those residents in Lagos, Right?
Re: An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe by tunde300us(m): 7:42pm On Dec 03, 2009
Yes only those in lagos.But for ipnx i think they have spread across Nigeria.
Re: An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 03, 2009
You can get a good timer of @ Avosoft http://www.avo-soft.com/
Re: An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe by tunde300us(m): 7:53am On Dec 04, 2009
Timer for 20k ! shocked
Re: An Estimate To Establish A Cyber Cafe by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 07, 2009
??

(1) (Reply)

Neat UK Used Dell E5270 - 8GB RAM, 256GB|512GB SSD, 6th Gen - Super Affordable / What Is The Best Laptop Mini I Can Get For Between 50,000 And 60000 Naira? / The Toughest And Most Rugged Laptops In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.