Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

How Women Form Opinion - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Women Form Opinion (1076 Views)

UBUNJA's MISEDUCATION: How Women Gold Dig You. / How Women Cheat More Than Men - Lady Reveals. Do You Agree? / How Women Manipulate Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Women Form Opinion by IAmOged(f): 3:59pm On Nov 23, 2016
Time and time again, be it a televised debate,Nairaland comments, a private argument or even in universities where the female IQ skews higher,
I see little in the way of reason espoused by women. This does not mean women do not say correct or truthful things, but rather that they do not rationally deduce truth so much as they intuit it, intuition being the vague sensation that something feels or sounds right.

Likewise women will hold untrue and irrational beliefs because said irrational thing feels good to believe. You should begin to see a pattern emerging here, whether a woman holds an opinion based in truth or an opinion that isn’t, this opinion is almost always held because it feels good to believe, or her peer group believes it and thus she adopts their view. Scarcely does she hold a view because she has rigorously investigated a topic with reason and come to a conclusion she believes to be true; this is not impossible but I believe it improbable.

Often when the veracity of a woman’s viewpoint is being challenged, if she believes her opinion to be true out of no more than an intuitive emotional conviction, she feels the validity of her emotion is being disputed rather than the credibility of her reasoning.

[b]When a woman's reasoning is disputed, she oft perceives this as the invalidation of her emotion, the deprivation of her "right to feel" because her opinion and its hasty conclusion is oft founded upon an instinct or feeling rather than a deduction or investigation.

Women have a tendency to defensively double down on their position when they feel bad, employing Machiavellian fallacy such as shaming (eg: reductio ad absurdum) rather than opening themselves to greater scrutiny and taking the time to step back and re-evaluate their opinion.

Essentially, women trust their emotions far too much, they act on their emotions almost entirely without restraint, and often fail to question, analyse, check and hold their emotions to account. For a woman if it feels right then it is right, a woman does not consider that perhaps although some things feel good to hear or believe, they may be logically unsound, false, outright incorrect or otherwise verifiably false.
[/b]

One can make such discernments by comparing how men and women back up their arguments, for example, an incorrect man is generally able to devise a chain of reasoning to explain his thinking, whilst a woman is scarcely capable of producing any such evidence of reasoning. Why?
Because even when a man is wrong he's thinking in a way that is logically congruent even should his conclusion prove to be false. A woman on the other hand merely felt the thing to be true, so has no cogent basis for communicating why she believes her opinion to be correct,"it just is"!.

Closing / Relevant Reading:

It appears to me that women just hold opinions, and that they have these opinions because they feel intuitively correct, and if anybody presents them with evidence counter to what they feel to be correct, rather than accept the evidence presented to them and adopt a world view more aligned with reality, they lash out and refuse to internalise the uncomfortable truth.
Women would appear prone to correcting emotional inconsistencies rather than logical ones, that is rather, women are better adapted to coping with things than understanding them.
Of course woman can understand things, it would be idiotic to claim otherwise, but an underlying ability to understand does not always translate to a desire to understand.

Generally, a woman won't even make the attempt to understand something if she believes the truthfulness pertaining to it will upset her emotionally.

In accordance with A woman is a woman whether she is very hypergamous, or a little hypergamous, consciously Machiavellian, or subconsciously Machiavellian. theory,
I believe this to be true of all women but to differing frequencies,
that is to say,
some women are like this most of the time, whilst others are only some of the time. I'm not saying men are infallible and do not do blunder or even indulge in the exact same ignorance either,
I believe they do, just with less frequency,
reckless abandon and fervour than do we women.
with so much of my thought on this. expect me to explain how conformity, shame and female evolutionary psychology almost compel women into Machiavellian/emotive responses rather than honest or logical ones.

CC:IM

“The heart has its reasons which reason knows not” ― Blaise Pascal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Women Form Opinion by Laveda(f): 4:05pm On Nov 23, 2016
Lol..

I couldn't read all, but from where I stopped, you're trying to say women are always sentimental, even when the truth is staring at them.

undecided
Re: How Women Form Opinion by dollyjoy(f): 4:06pm On Nov 23, 2016
I didn't read the writeup but going by the title, every woman is Different, their reasoning varies so i think it's wrong and illogical for a single person to assume she knows how women "form opinions" undecided

1 Like

Re: How Women Form Opinion by jamalnation(m): 4:09pm On Nov 23, 2016
For dis buhari regime
Re: How Women Form Opinion by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 23, 2016
I concur
I prefer working with men, and not for any sinister reasons but I struggle with colleagues who bring emotions to the work place and this seems to be something tend to do. If corrected or challenged it quickly deteriorates to being viewed as a personal slight. It's the same here. Disagree with a comment and the response is not in the spirit of a discussion.
Women tend to think with the emotional mind and when emotional reason does not alway prevail. A Professor of mine was once spoke about gender personality.
Some people have who are female have a male brain and vice versa. The females that don't fit the norm will also struggle in a society that has stereotypical views of either sex. Very few women have emotional and intellectual intelligence.

I have read enough comments here about how guys are asking advice because they are with women who are not that versatile when it comes to holding their own in a discussion. What does that say about our generation? Potential or current mothers of a future generation.

Our society is to blame to a certain extent we nurture intellectual submission

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Women Form Opinion by Beamborla(f): 4:09pm On Nov 23, 2016
You seem to have smth against women. The other day, you wrote smth about women being inferior to men.

If indeed, you are a lady, honey, you can always change your gender.

*Lemme go read what you wrote now*
Now that I'm done reading, I have questions for you.

Did you research this on your own or you only based your conclusion on mere hearsay? If you did, not all women are like you(if indeed, you are a female) form opinion based on emotions or sentiments. A good number of women put their brain to work and they read as well.

How many women have you converesed with to generate enough data for you to generalize?

If not even one of your female acquaintance is capable of cognitive reasoning or does not understand that her intellect is different from her emotion, you sure need to switch company.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Women Form Opinion by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 23, 2016
ayam land....you dis semmyk....
And that's why you don't argue with women, boys.
Arguing in a healthy fashion requires the ability of distancing oneself from the subject, and being logical and objective. All three of which require a great expense of a woman's "will reservoir".
Once it's depleted, assuming it wasn't empty to begin with, your argument is over.
Don't get into emotional arguments with women. At best you'll leave her crying, at worst your frame is going to break irrevocably.

Acta non verba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Women Form Opinion by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 23, 2016
dollyjoy:
I didn't read the writeup but going by the title, every woman is Different, their reasoning varies so i think it's wrong and illogical for a single person to assume she knows how women "form opinions" undecided

She Lol... That's a man. A cave man at that. The only thing he talks about is the superiority of men. And yea... I know the next thing is for him to google up incoherent insults at me. Do your normal nonsense, But don't quote me biko.
Re: How Women Form Opinion by makydebbie(f): 4:12pm On Nov 23, 2016
Woman are naturally emotional and men are logical. But that doesn't stop men from taking irrational decisions. So it shouldn't be pointed to women only.
Re: How Women Form Opinion by Winnelyn(f): 4:16pm On Nov 23, 2016
lazy to read all, women are naturally wired to be sensitive, call it the hormones,
Re: How Women Form Opinion by IAmOged(f): 4:18pm On Nov 23, 2016
Masikay:

She Lol... That's a man. A cave man at that. The only thing he talks about is the superiority of men. And yea... I know the next thing is for him to google up incoherent insults at me. Do your normal nonsense, But don't quote me biko.

SMH

1 Share

Re: How Women Form Opinion by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 23, 2016
grin ... He has upgraded to overused images... Honestly I'm a little bit impressed. Is your google app down perhaps?
Re: How Women Form Opinion by mukhcech(m): 4:49pm On Nov 23, 2016
Raine80:
I concur
I prefer working with men, and not for any sinister reasons but I struggle with colleagues who bring emotions to the work place and this seems to be something tend to do. If corrected or challenged it quickly deteriorates to being viewed as a personal slight. It's the same here. Disagree with a comment and the response is not in the spirit of a discussion.
Women tend to think with the emotional mind and when emotional reason does not alway prevail. A Professor of mine was once spoke about gender personality.
Some people have who are female have a male brain and vice versa. The females that don't fit the norm will also struggle in a society that has stereotypical views of either sex. Very few women have emotional and intellectual intelligence.

I have read enough comments here about how guys are asking advice because they are with women who are not that versatile when it comes to holding their own in a discussion. What does that say about our generation? Potential or current mothers of a future generation.

Our society is to blame to a certain extent we nurture intellectual submission

Thank you for the lecture. You are worthy teacher to have.
Re: How Women Form Opinion by KingRex1(m): 4:53pm On Nov 23, 2016
I find this contradictory in a way.. You said women easily give into their emotional wants and therfore are not easily manipulated or convinced.

If you easily give in to ur emotions you can be manipulated with ease.. You'll even manipulate urself.

Its a two way thing though..
Re: How Women Form Opinion by mukhcech(m): 5:02pm On Nov 23, 2016
IAmOged:
Time and time again, be it a televised debate,Nairaland comments, a private argument or even in universities where the female IQ skews higher,
I see little in the way of reason espoused by women. This does not mean women do not say correct or truthful things, but rather that they do not rationally deduce truth so much as they intuit it, intuition being the vague sensation that something feels or sounds right.

Likewise women will hold untrue and irrational beliefs because said irrational thing feels good to believe. You should begin to see a pattern emerging here, whether a woman holds an opinion based in truth or an opinion that isn’t, this opinion is almost always held because it feels good to believe, or her peer group believes it and thus she adopts their view. Scarcely does she hold a view because she has rigorously investigated a topic with reason and come to a conclusion she believes to be true; this is not impossible but I believe it improbable.

Often when the veracity of a woman’s viewpoint is being challenged, if she believes her opinion to be true out of no more than an intuitive emotional conviction, she feels the validity of her emotion is being disputed rather than the credibility of her reasoning.

[b]When a woman's reasoning is disputed, she oft perceives this as the invalidation of her emotion, the deprivation of her "right to feel" because her opinion and its hasty conclusion is oft founded upon an instinct or feeling rather than a deduction or investigation.

Women have a tendency to defensively double down on their position when they feel bad, employing Machiavellian fallacy such as shaming (eg: reductio ad absurdum) rather than opening themselves to greater scrutiny and taking the time to step back and re-evaluate their opinion.

Essentially, women trust their emotions far too much, they act on their emotions almost entirely without restraint, and often fail to question, analyse, check and hold their emotions to account. For a woman if it feels right then it is right, a woman does not consider that perhaps although some things feel good to hear or believe, they may be logically unsound, false, outright incorrect or otherwise verifiably false.
[/b]

One can make such discernments by comparing how men and women back up their arguments, for example, an incorrect man is generally able to devise a chain of reasoning to explain his thinking, whilst a woman is scarcely capable of producing any such evidence of reasoning. Why?
Because even when a man is wrong he's thinking in a way that is logically congruent even should his conclusion prove to be false. A woman on the other hand merely felt the thing to be true, so has no cogent basis for communicating why she believes her opinion to be correct,"it just is"!.

Closing / Relevant Reading:

It appears to me that women just hold opinions, and that they have these opinions because they feel intuitively correct, and if anybody presents them with evidence counter to what they feel to be correct, rather than accept the evidence presented to them and adopt a world view more aligned with reality, they lash out and refuse to internalise the uncomfortable truth.
Women would appear prone to correcting emotional inconsistencies rather than logical ones, that is rather, women are better adapted to coping with things than understanding them.
Of course woman can understand things, it would be idiotic to claim otherwise, but an underlying ability to understand does not always translate to a desire to understand.

Generally, a woman won't even make the attempt to understand something if she believes the truthfulness pertaining to it will upset her emotionally.

In accordance with A woman is a woman whether she is very hypergamous, or a little hypergamous, consciously Machiavellian, or subconsciously Machiavellian. theory,
I believe this to be true of all women but to differing frequencies,
that is to say,
some women are like this most of the time, whilst others are only some of the time. I'm not saying men are infallible and do not do blunder or even indulge in the exact same ignorance either,
I believe they do, just with less frequency,
reckless abandon and fervour than do we women.
with so much of my thought on this. expect me to explain how conformity, shame and female evolutionary psychology almost compel women into Machiavellian/emotive responses rather than honest or logical ones.

CC:IM

“The heart has its reasons which reason knows not” ― Blaise Pascal.

The thought of this coming from a woman becomes ironical. As funny as it maybe perceived, perhaps the creator of both man and woman obvious was aware of his creations when He said in the Glorious Qur'an: “…And get two witnesses out of your own men. And if there are not two men (available), then a man and two women, such as you agree for witnesses, so that if one of them (two women) errs, the other can remind her…”

[al-Baqarah 2:282 – interpretation of the meaning]

Women are indeed wonderful creature.

1 Like

Re: How Women Form Opinion by IAmOged(f): 5:17pm On Nov 23, 2016
mukhcech:

The thought of this coming from a woman becomes ironical. As funny as it maybe perceived, perhaps the creator of both man and woman obvious was aware of his creations when He said in the Glorious Qur'an: “…And get two witnesses out of your own men. And if there are not two men (available), then a man and two women, such as you agree for witnesses, so that if one of them (two women) errs, the other can remind her…”

[al-Baqarah 2:282 – interpretation of the meaning]

Women are indeed wonderful creature.

Thanks so much sir..

Re: How Women Form Opinion by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 23, 2016
That was a really good write up op kudos for that. Yes we do judge by our intuition and how something feels but that can be a positive response most times. I guess it's God's way of making sure we don't kill our children or disown them when they disappoint us.

As I was reading this it bought to mind the image of a Man and woman arguing grin the woman wins by making no sense. It's our gift so suck it tongue

1 Like

Re: How Women Form Opinion by mukhcech(m): 5:33pm On Nov 23, 2016
IAmOged:

Thanks so much sir..

Thank you Ma'am. I must say you have got no short of supplies in your arsenal. Your memes are unique and original. And your compositions are articulate and resonate an intellectual capacity I already admire and long for. If you wont mind, I can be your student. Your profile picture look like one of the side walks in the Better by far University, ilorin. Are you an Alumni?

1 Like

Re: How Women Form Opinion by IAmOged(f): 5:45pm On Nov 23, 2016
mukhcech:

Thank you Ma'am. I must say you have got no short of supplies in your arsenal. Your memes are unique and original. And your compositions are articulate and resonate an intellectual capacity I already admire and long for. If you wont mind, I can be your student. Your profile picture look like one of the side walks in the Better by far University, ilorin. Are you an Alumni?

...About to in months time...
Re: How Women Form Opinion by mathewmozay: 5:56pm On Nov 23, 2016
most of the commenters are not making any sense

1 Like

Re: How Women Form Opinion by IAmOged(f): 6:03pm On Nov 23, 2016
Beamborla:
You seem to have smth against women. The other day, you wrote smth about women being inferior to men.

If indeed, you are a lady, honey, you can always change your gender.

*Lemme go read what you wrote now*
Now that I'm done reading, I have questions for you.

Did you research this on your own or you only based your conclusion on mere hearsay? If you did, not all women are like you(if indeed, you are a female) form opinion based on emotions or sentiments. A good number of women put their brain to work and they read as well.

How many women have you converesed with to generate enough data for you to generalize?

If not even one of your female acquaintance is capable of cognitive reasoning or does not understand that her intellect is different from her emotion, you sure need to switch company.

From research sis...
Re: How Women Form Opinion by PunterTim(m): 12:29pm On Nov 24, 2016
KingRex1:
I find this contradictory in a way.. You said women easily give into their emotional wants and therfore are not easily manipulated or convinced.

If you easily give in to ur emotions you can be manipulated with ease.. You'll even manipulate urself.

Its a two way thing though..
I think what 'he/the OP' means is to logically convince or manipulate..

That is to mean what females believe is final,devoid of internal scrutiny and they feel strongly repugnant to external scrutiny except you want to illogically or deceptively manipulate!
Re: How Women Form Opinion by PunterTim(m): 12:41pm On Nov 24, 2016
Not conceivable that OP is a female,the possibility of that could qualify as another wonder of the world!

1 Like

Re: How Women Form Opinion by KingRex1(m): 4:42pm On Nov 24, 2016
PunterTim:
I think what 'he/the OP' means is to logically convince or manipulate..

That is to mean what females believe is final,devoid of internal scrutiny and they feel strongly repugnant to external scrutiny except you want to illogically or deceptively manipulate!

Yeah like I said, itsa two way thingy.
Re: How Women Form Opinion by Mdfox5: 5:32pm On Nov 27, 2016
The fact that some ladies here doubt that the op is a female validates her premises, assumptions as well as conclusions.. Needless to say, we love you ladies the way you are.. The world wouldn't make any sense without you ladies smiley

1 Like

Re: How Women Form Opinion by babsir(m): 6:05pm On Nov 27, 2016
I wouldn't wanna generalise but 4 out 5 women are like this...indeed they are wonderful creatures

(1) (Reply)

A Moment Of Silence For A Fallen Brother In The Friend Zone / Woman Cries Out After Being Served Penis As Meat In Her Food / Explicit Mature Adult Watsapp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.