Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,878 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard (14914 Views)

Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court / A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group / Fayose Urges Workers To Call Off Strike, Says APC Should Cover Face In Shame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:24pm On Nov 23, 2016
Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State, Wednesday, asked the National Judicial Commission to sack the Federal High Court, Abuja judge, Justice Okon Abang, saying this would save the judiciary from disgrace.

Governor Fayose, in his reaction to the Appeal Court judgment, which nullified Abang’s ruling of the October 14, 2016 and declared it as a fraud, said; [b]“it is obvious that Justice Abang is representing the dirty interests of some cabals, who are protecting him despite the incalculable damages he has done to the judiciary.”

In a statement signed by his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, Fayose said; “In the face of these indictments by the appellate court, NJC must wade in and save the judiciary from Abang.”

He said a judge who gives fraudulent judgments is even more dangerous than armed robbers, adding that, “Those running after judges for alleged corruption and excluding a judge like Abang may not be far from being the beneficiaries of his (Abang) fraudulent judgments.”

The governor said “a judge like Abang is a cankerworm that can destroy the country if not removed totally before he does further damage to the polity.”

Governor Fayose said: “Today again, three justices of the appeal court descended on Justice Abang, describing his judgments imposing Jimoh Ibrahim as the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate in Ondo State and the one affirming Senator Ali Modu Sheriff and the PDP National Chairman as fraudulent.

“It should be recalled that in June, a five-member panel of the court of appeal led by Justice Morenike Ogunwumiju said Abang “raped democracy” when he annulled the election Abia State Governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu and ordered INEC to issue a certificate of return to Mr. Uchechukwu Ogah without evidence of forgery against Dr. Ikpeazu. The court went on to say that Abang embarked on a wild goose chase and that he spoke from both sides of his mouth.

“These are clear indictments on Justice Abang and in a civilised society; he ought to have resigned without the prompting of anyone. Or how can a judge that has been adjudged severally as giving fraudulent judgments and acting like Father Christmas still sit in judgment over cases involving Nigerians?

“The judiciary, being the last hope of the common man must therefore be purged of elements like Abang and NJC must do the needful by sacking him forthwith so that the bench can have a new lease of life.”
[/b]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/show-justice-okon-abang-way-out-fayose-urges-njc/

22 Likes

Re: Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard by sarrki(m): 8:25pm On Nov 23, 2016
I agree with you oshokomole

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard by zico530(m): 8:27pm On Nov 23, 2016
True talk. But Okon is an APC justice so he is untouchable.

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 23, 2016
I totally agree with Fayose on this, the man is too bias in his rulings.

55 Likes

Re: Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard by pchukwudi: 8:32pm On Nov 23, 2016
SECONDED SIR. cool

_________ Update

The slowpoke below clearly did not read the REPEATED "INDICTMENTS".

But for his info, all sensible Nigerians already know that Injustice Abang (or whatever his name is) needs some urgent psychoanalysis. His sanity is seriously questionable.

MyMouth:
Useless waillers!!!!! Is justice Abang the first judge to have his judgement upturned by a superior court So if the supreme court upturn this judgement tomorrow, do we now call for the arrest of the court of appeal justices?

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard by tuniski: 8:33pm On Nov 23, 2016
Gbam well said!

31 Likes

Re: Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard by Paperwhite(m): 8:37pm On Nov 23, 2016
That is just true.Abang is a complete disgrace to social justice.So what is the DSS waiting for

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 23, 2016
That judge made me think our elites are either stupid or under charm.

6 Likes

Re: Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard by phemmie06(m): 8:47pm On Nov 23, 2016
No be Abang fault na godfatherism cos am

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard by MyMouth(m): 8:53pm On Nov 23, 2016
Useless waillers!!!!! Is justice Abang the first judge to have his judgement upturned by a superior court So if the supreme court upturn this judgement tomorrow, do we now call for the arrest of the court of appeal justices?

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 23, 2016
Abang for investigation

12 Likes

Re: Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard by CecyAdrian(f): 9:00pm On Nov 23, 2016
MyMouth:

My brother, I tire ooo

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard by Atiku2019: 9:04pm On Nov 23, 2016
Atiku2019 all the way cool

3 Likes

Re: Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard by wowmenow: 9:06pm On Nov 23, 2016
The man is an insult judiciary

5 Likes

Re: Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard by Flexherbal(m): 9:10pm On Nov 23, 2016
Insensitive leasders!
Re: Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard by NaijaMutant(f): 9:21pm On Nov 23, 2016
Justice Okon Abang for 2019 grin grin grin

As APC chairman undecided

9 Likes

Re: Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard by NaijaMutant(f): 9:24pm On Nov 23, 2016
MyMouth:

Shut up

Justice Okon Abang is APC official judge in the FHC and the world knows this except you undecided

64 Likes

Re: Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 23, 2016
Nothing will happen. Wailers and Igbos can go drown in the lagoon

1 Like

Re: Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard by Splinz(m): 10:20pm On Nov 23, 2016
Why that clown is still presiding over cases baffles me.
Such a disgrace to the judiciary.

7 Likes

Re: Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard by baybeeboi: 11:33pm On Nov 23, 2016
When i saw this Justice Okon Abang's resume, i just knew the Judiciary has a brain dead slob in its folds.

I mean, how did he become a judge in a highly federal high court?

11 Likes

Re: Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard by Abeymills(m): 12:52am On Nov 24, 2016
It still baffles me that d said zombi judge was not among those daura secret service clamp down inspite of his shameful biased rulling in favor of apc anyway soon we shall see

6 Likes

Re: Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard by basilo102: 1:23am On Nov 24, 2016
Nwannedinamba 1 of Igboland, the only fearless afonja

10 Likes

Re: Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard by omofunaab(m): 1:34am On Nov 24, 2016
Because a judgement was upturned by the appeal court, so that means we should sack justice okon abang?

The courts don't work that way.
The court isn't interested in the truth instead it's about who told the most convincing story or held a better argument between the parties involved

You may shoot someone but if your lawyer tell the judge a convincing story that you didn't then you will be set free. A judge gives his judgement based on arguments and not sentiments or speculations.

It may be that during the hearing at the federal high court, justice okon abang might have been more convinced by sherrifs argument hence he ruled in his favor. The law doesn't recognize sentiments or emotions like most ipod yoots will want.

And that's the main reason most corrupt politicians can't go to jail because they can afford to hire an intelligent lawyer that will put up a good case for them.
Lawyers don't have conscience, they just do their job.. People like chief wole olanipekun don't have conscience, they don't mind defending the devil in the court as long as the devil can pay. These are the lawyers taking advantage of the many loopholes we have in our constiuition.. He used it for buhari, tinubu, markafi, the abia state governor etc.

I sincerely blame sherrifs lawyers for losing that case.
Their intentions were never to prove their case instead it was to delay hearing of the case. So they resulted into blackmailing the judges and started making mockery of the judiciary.

If they had simply defended their case properly maybe they would have won. They didn't adopt their briefs, they left the case unattended to.

The appeal court ruling doesn't mean justice okon abang erred or anything. He gave judgement based on the arguments before the court which was the pdp's constitution has no room for caretaker committee likewise justice salaauwa of the appeal court gave judgement in favor of markarfi because wole olanipekun did a good job while sherrifs lawyers didn't even adopt their briefs.

If sheriff goes to the Supreme Court today and give the judge a convincing story or a superior argument why he should be the chairman of the PDP, then i see no reason why the Supreme Court won't rule in his favor

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard by teeboila(m): 2:29am On Nov 24, 2016
APC should arrest Abang because he gave a ruling on two cases (involving PDP fighting each other) that is been upturn at the court of Appeal?
The question i want to ask Fayose is this: Is APC the beneficiary of the ruling in Abia state? or is Jimoh Ibrahim an APC member?

This is a simple case of PDP fighting each other and no matter who win or lose between the two PDP faction APC is going to be the biggest winner because a discord is already between both faction.

2 Likes

Re: Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:25am On Nov 24, 2016
trueking:

WOW thank God for you, I almost stepped on a viper once in Sokoto, each time I remember it gives me the chills.
My brother, e no easy oh. And I was even Nairalanding when the thing happened, God really saved me.

I thank for you also..

1 Like

Re: Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard by gunuvi(m): 5:54am On Nov 24, 2016
Abang should be hanged. Shameless he goat

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard by Ragnnar: 7:14am On Nov 24, 2016
The governor said “a judge like Abang is a cankerworm that can destroy the country if not removed totally before he does further damage to the polity.”.......punch line from Nwannedinamba 1 of Igboland.

1 Like

Re: Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard by TINALETC3(f): 8:06am On Nov 24, 2016
Did u go hunting , tank God 4 ur life though
BeeBeeOoh:
[size=15pt]Today Is The Scariest Day Of My Life, I Was Nearly Bitten By A Snake Today. It Happened Very Fast & How I Managed To Dodge The Snake's Strike Is A Mystery To Me. Since Then If I Remember It Goose Pimples Will Be Raining All Over My Body Like Anointing, Even As Am Typing This Now It's All Over My Body..[/size]

Make Una Follow Me Thank God..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Crisis Looms In Senate Over Magu’s Rejection / FCT Residents To Pay For Infrastructure As Govt Backs Out – Minister / How I Got Stamina For Re-election Campaign Still Baffles Me — Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.