Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

#ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates (19929 Views)

#ondodecides2016: PDP Governorship Candidates Appeal Judgement & Hearings / #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates / #ondodecides2016: New Appeal Court Hearing Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

#ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by engineerboat(m): 8:11am On Nov 24, 2016
Good Morning Nairalanders,
After their ruling on Tuesday which ordered the Appeal Court to Continue with the proceedings and delivering of Judgement on all matters relating to the Governorship Candidates of Ondo State PDP.

The Supreme court further fixed Today (Thursday 24th November 2016) for hearing on the Appeal filed by Poroye challenging the Apeal Court ruling which ruled that Eyitayo Jegede can Appeal Justice Okon Abang June 29th and October 27th Ruling.

However the Supreme had earlier rebuked Poroyes Lawyer for not submitting the Appeal Court Proceeding before the Supreme, as they have nothing to work on, but the Supreme Court said hearing on the Appeal will commence today.

stayed tuned for more updates.

Good Morning and Happy Thursday

Updates:

The Supreme court 5-man panel led by the Acting CJN
strikes out all appeals brought by Sherriff & Jimoh Ibrahim. Insists all issues should be heard in substantive appeal.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by Chikelue2000(m): 8:24am On Nov 24, 2016
Spreads mat! I am here to monitor dis

Where is rane06?
Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by neolboy(m): 8:35am On Nov 24, 2016
where my blanket?
Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by saint047(m): 8:37am On Nov 24, 2016
The judiciary is fast improving under the new CJN.Our hopes rest on you your Lordship

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by onexile: 8:44am On Nov 24, 2016
thanks @Op, pls continue your good work!
Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by kinibigdeal(m): 8:46am On Nov 24, 2016
Good morning house...we are back to victory this morning
Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by vizpat1: 8:51am On Nov 24, 2016
Waitin'''
Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by Paperwhite(m): 8:56am On Nov 24, 2016
Jimoh Ibrahim,Alimodu Sheriff.
Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by chimerase2: 8:58am On Nov 24, 2016
Amu in grin
Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:00am On Nov 24, 2016
NgeneUkwenu is peeping grin
Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by ddippset(m): 9:06am On Nov 24, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
don't body yourself. trust me by the time the results start coming out by Sunday morning, you will be the only peeping tom around here.

4 Likes

Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:13am On Nov 24, 2016
ddippset:
don't body yourself. trust me by the time the results start coming out by Sunday morning, you will be the only peeping tom around here.
TINUBU is working for @pdp

3 Likes

Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by kinibigdeal(m): 9:37am On Nov 24, 2016
TINUBU is a PDP member already. The whole world know that
OZAOEKPE:
TINUBU is working for @pdp
Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by Vatsyayana: 9:45am On Nov 24, 2016
EngineerBoat is doing a good job. Please keep it up. I'll recommend you for an International Journalism Award for Freelance/Investigative Journalism.

By the way...#IstandwithModuSherrif&JimohIbrahim
Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by PRYCE01(m): 9:48am On Nov 24, 2016
Court cases everyday undecided
Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by engineerboat(m): 11:26am On Nov 24, 2016
Back in the supreme court again
Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by engineerboat(m): 11:27am On Nov 24, 2016
The Appeal for consideration now at the Supreme Court is the Judgment of Appeal Court yesterday that sacked Jimoh Ibrahim from contesting
Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by engineerboat(m): 11:28am On Nov 24, 2016
Olanipekun SAN, is arguing against the interlocutory Appeals since the matter was Ordered by the Supreme Court for determination by Appeal Court
Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by engineerboat(m): 11:29am On Nov 24, 2016
Nwofor, Barr. Jimoh's counsel is arguing that he has not been given the Judgment of yesterday and therefore his appeal must be heard
Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by kinibigdeal(m): 11:33am On Nov 24, 2016
Funny argument
engineerboat:
Nwofor, Barr. Jimoh's counsel is arguing that he has not been given the Judgment of yesterday and therefore his appeal must be heard
Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by engineerboat(m): 11:34am On Nov 24, 2016
After all arguments and counter argument.

Justice Walter strikes out all appeals brought by Sherriff & Jimoh Ibrahim. Insists all issues should be heard in substantive appeal
Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by segzyj(m): 11:36am On Nov 24, 2016
Game of thrones

1 Like

Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by cktheluckyman: 11:40am On Nov 24, 2016
I just hope nwofor has paid his fines!That man is just too dull.I wonder how he became a SAN

1 Like

Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by Kyase(m): 11:49am On Nov 24, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
no shout blue blood when it favours jimoh my guy?

1 Like

Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by engineerboat(m): 11:51am On Nov 24, 2016
Kyase:

Which Jimoh maybe at the Tennis court.

4 Likes

Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by kinibigdeal(m): 11:51am On Nov 24, 2016
Jimoh ibrahim being a lawyer himself should face diciplinary action for wrong acusation against superiors. All their current argument lacks merit and is not substantial enough.

1 Like

Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by agabusta: 11:51am On Nov 24, 2016
cktheluckyman:
I just hope nwofor has paid his fines!That man is just too dull.I wonder how he became a SAN

cheesy He is playing the cunny fox, its not his fault. Those moves were the order of the day under the previous CJN, obviously the new CJN wants to do away with all of those.

The new CJN wants justice to be the order of present day cases, and not the usual legal technicalities used in stalling cases.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by kinibigdeal(m): 11:53am On Nov 24, 2016
He will only receive favour from Supreme cult
Kyase:
Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by kinibigdeal(m): 11:56am On Nov 24, 2016
The former CJN messed up big time, am not surprise though. Is from the North. Our Judicial system have not been this bad, its getting worst under this government
agabusta:

cheesy He is playing the cunny fox, its not his fault. Those moves were the order of the day under the previous CJN, obviously the new CJN wants to do away with all of those.

The new CJN wants justice to be the order of present day cases, and not the usual legal technicalities used in stalling cases.
Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by agabusta: 12:00pm On Nov 24, 2016
kinibigdeal:
The former CJN messed up big time, am not surprise though. Is from the North. Our Judicial system have not been this bad, its getting worst under this government

I wouldn't put all the blame on this government but on desperate politicians. Our politicians are just too desperate and always want to have their way. You see, decadence doesn't just happen once, its a gradual process.

Another reason is lack of effective control over state governments.

At the state level, the Houses of Assembly has failed in its constitutional mandate of check mating The Executive arm of state governments. 99% of the state Houses of Assembly in this country are just rubber stamps.

The state governments act with impunity with state funds. And because of the huge funds available to them, they have consistently deplored it at the judiciary and in the process entrenching corruption in the judiciary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by agabusta: 12:05pm On Nov 24, 2016
kinibigdeal:

Corruption and rascality among the elite has nothing to do with tribe and religion. When those guys meet to make plans, dubious plans that is at variance with morality and ethics, they don't care about religion and tribe, they get along pretty easily.

Its only on the internet or when crumbs is too be shared that tribe and religious disposition becomes important.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates by kinibigdeal(m): 12:08pm On Nov 24, 2016
It all still bug down to the executive. For example, the body language of the president alone can interprete how proceeding from the court is going to look like. If the president can allow the people surrounding him to remote control the judiciary without him questioning them, nothing else the legislative arm can do than to follow same pattern. The judiciary were independent in the last government to some extent, many judgement does not favour PDP during GEJ tenure while some does. All am saying is, the judiciary need to seperate their head from the legislative and executive if we are to have a moving democracy
agabusta:

I wouldn't put all the blame on this government but on desperate politicians. Our politicians are just too desperate and always want to have their way. You see, decadence doesn't just happen once, its a gradual process.

Another reason is lack of effective control over state governments.

At the state level, the Houses of Assembly has failed in its constitutional mandate of check mating The Executive arm of state governments. 99% of the state Houses of Assembly in this country are just rubber stamps.

The state governments act with impunity with state funds. And because of the huge funds available to them, they have consistently deplored it at the judiciary and in the process entrenching corruption in the judiciary.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ganduje Dares Kwankwaso To Enter Kano For His Presidential Campaign / Gudumbali Attack: 12 Soldiers Killed, Dozens Missing In Battle With Boko Haram / Sowore: Body Of SANs Knocks Nigerian Government, Demands Investigation Into Cour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.