Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,565 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:33 PM

How Did You Open Your First Email - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Did You Open Your First Email (1061 Views)

Don’t Open Your Car Trunk From Inside For Anyone / Old Nigeria: Which Of These Did You Play? PHOTOS / Which Social Media Do You Open First When You Wake Up In The Morning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Open Your First Email by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 25, 2016
I remember how I opened my first email some years ago, demodel2000@yahoo.com, precisely year 2000. I had just finished secondary school and yahoo messenger was the main social media for connecting and making friends, so there was need to open a yahoo account to be able to use it. I was walking along Kodesoh Street in Ikeja with my cousin and we saw a cyber café and decided to use it. The time we bought sef almost elapsed before we finish the whole process but we sure did. Using yahoo messenger and the chat room was fun. I remember the first thing you will see is A/S/L, meaning age, sex, location as you private chat a user. It was fun though but no privacy and one was exposed to hackers. Similarly one has to be sensitive before sending email and clear history after doing so. Cyber cafés chop our money tire those days.

Thank God for technology evolution as Telcos now roll out data services and with data enabled devices you can easily connect.

These days, my phantom 6 plus has made my work seamless that I don't even need or miss my PC. The 4GB RAM gives me enough room for multitasking, the FHD screen gives me clear display and The 3-in-1 security of Trustlook, Iris scanner and fingerprint sensor give my data 100% security.

Last week, wifey called me that she needed a new gmail account to register MMM and within 2minutes on my device, she got it.

Do cyber cafés still exist sef?
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by feodan: 10:05am On Nov 25, 2016
Guy u be TECNO ambassador ? Or MMM promoter ?
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by wassade: 10:09am On Nov 25, 2016
My first email account was in 2001 a friend of mine FEMI assisted me in creating it then @ crusader house cyber cafe @ Sabo opposite e-center back then in secondary school. Lagos city College cheesy tongue.

Yahoo messenger is awesome and MSN messenger the Hotmail
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by Onechancearmy(m): 10:10am On Nov 25, 2016
D4Daymoo:
I remember how I opened my first email some years ago, demodel2000@yahoo.com, precisely year 2000. I had just finished secondary school and yahoo messenger was the main social media for connecting and making friends, so there was need to open a yahoo account to be able to use it. I was walking along Kodesoh Street in Ikeja with my cousin and we saw a cyber café and decided to use it. The time we bought sef almost elapsed before we finish the whole process but we sure did. Using yahoo messenger and the chat room was fun. I remember the first thing you will see is A/S/L, meaning age, sex, location as you private chat a user. It was fun though but no privacy and one was exposed to hackers. Similarly one has to be sensitive before sending email and clear history after doing so. Cyber cafés chop our money tire those days.

Thank God for technology evolution as Telcos now roll out data services and with data enabled devices you can easily connect.

These days, my phantom 6 plus has made my work seamless that I don't even need or miss my PC. The 4GB RAM gives me enough room for multitasking, the FHD screen gives me clear display and The 3-in-1 security of Trustlook, Iris scanner and fingerprint sensor give my data 100% security.

Last week, wifey called me that she needed a new gmail account to register MMM and within 2minutes on my device, she got it.

Do cyber cafés still exist sef?

The first time I used the net was in Secondary school in 1998 at a place called Idea Konsult, Old Kingsway Building. It was slow and tedious because we used a digital phone modem which kept on disconnecting.
It was only when a friend of mine whose Dad was a staff at Unilag got an internet connection that I began to use it regularly. I can't even remember the name of my first email account but I know it was on yahoo.
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by Sulaymanmeek(m): 11:27am On Nov 25, 2016
Lol Mine was not even chewable, opened it in 2006. The cafe guy sef no sabi, we spent the whole day
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by Abdstrakt(m): 11:28am On Nov 25, 2016
feodan:
Oga leave ambassador matter. When you first open an email? 2015? grin grin grin
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by Abdstrakt(m): 11:40am On Nov 25, 2016
Mine was in 2001.
I was in JSS 1 and the school just introduced computer science as a subject.
They opened a computer Lab (lol, still don't understand why they would call it a lab)
There was always a practical after every computer class, the topic on that day was Electronic Mail. I got to the part where some select few students will have to create an email address. I was the first student called ( it's only natural cos I was the class rep). We were supposed to be like 5 or so that was selected but i ended up being the only one that created an email account cos the connection was slow AF.
My family wouldn't hear the end of it, I told everyone that cared to listen that I have an email address and proceeded to scribble it out for them without them asking.

How fast Tech moves. Fast forward to 2016 and you can now create an email in under 5 mins from your smartphone. Fun times.
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 25, 2016
feodan:

All of the above and they bring dough to my pocket. U wan join?
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by feodan: 12:01pm On Nov 25, 2016
Abdstrakt:

No yesterday with my uncle samsung s6 egde
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 25, 2016
Abdstrakt:

grin I tire for the guy o! Upon my epistle like this, Na only Tecno and MMM he see there? Naija peeps and myopic minds.
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by feodan: 12:05pm On Nov 25, 2016
D4Daymoo:

All of the above and they bring dough to my pocket. U wan join?
U dey look 4 referral bonus bro !!!
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 25, 2016
Abdstrakt:
Mine was in 2001.
I was in JSS 1 and the school just introduced computer science as a subject.
They opened a computer Lab (lol, still don't understand why they would call it a lab)
There was always a practical after every computer class, the topic on that day was Electronic Mail. I got to the part where some select few students will have to create an email address. I was the first student called ( it's only natural cos I was the class rep). We were supposed to be like 5 or so that was selected but i ended up being the only one that created an email account cos the connection was slow AF.
My family wouldn't hear the end of it, I told everyone that cared to listen that I have an email address and proceeded to scribble it out for them without them asking.

How fast Tech moves. Fast forward to 2016 and you can now create an email in under 5 mins from your smartphone. Fun times.

Lol!! I wonder why it is computer lab too. Bro u haff tey o! U opened mail in JSS 1?!
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 25, 2016
feodan:
U dey look 4 referral bonus bro !!!

No i am not. I am just saying the obvious. How my smartphone perfectly suits my lifestyle.
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 25, 2016
Yahoo chat room was the in thing then. 90% of people in cafe at any time were using it

wassade:
My first email account was in 2001 a friend of mine FEMI assisted me in creating it then @ crusader house cyber cafe @ Sabo opposite e-center back then in secondary school. Lagos city College cheesy tongue.

Yahoo messenger is awesome and MSN messenger the Hotmail
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2016
Sulaymanmeek:
Lol Mine was not even chewable, opened it in 2006. The cafe guy sef no sabi, we spent the whole day

Lmao!! U must have spent a whole lot of money
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by Abdstrakt(m): 12:44pm On Nov 25, 2016
D4Daymoo:

Lol!! I wonder why it is computer lab too. Bro u haff tey o! U opened mail in JSS 1?!
Lol..2001 I was in Jss1.
You created yours in 2000, the year you FINISHED SECONDARY SCHOOL?
Bro, sorry Uncle grin
which person haff tey pass inside the two both of us? grin grin
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by Abdstrakt(m): 12:46pm On Nov 25, 2016
feodan:
No yesterday with my uncle samsung s6 egde
You be Samsung ambassador? grin
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by MizMyColi(f): 1:58pm On Nov 25, 2016
Mine was in 2005.

At a cyber cafe.

Feeling like an Internet oldie cool
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by MizMyColi(f): 2:00pm On Nov 25, 2016
Abdstrakt:

He must be onegrin
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by Abdstrakt(m): 10:25am On Nov 26, 2016
MizMyColi:
Mine was in 2005.
At a cyber cafe.
Your first email was 11yrs ago. you sef have old. I doubt if the email is still in use, or is it?
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by MizMyColi(f): 11:19am On Nov 26, 2016
Abdstrakt:

Your first email was 11yrs ago. you sef have old.
I doubt if the email is still in use, or is it?

Of course it is.
smiley
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 26, 2016
Abdstrakt:

Am sure he is grin
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 26, 2016
Abdstrakt:

Lol..2001 I was in Jss1.
You created yours in 2000, the year you FINISHED SECONDARY SCHOOL?
Bro, sorry Uncle grin
which person haff tey pass inside the two both of us? grin grin

Lol!!! I didn't know anything when I was in JSS 1 Na unlike u
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 26, 2016
MizMyColi:
Mine was in 2005.

At a cyber cafe.

I am oldier than u wink
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 26, 2016
Abdstrakt:

Your first email was 11yrs ago. you sef have old.
I doubt if the email is still in use, or is it?

Mine is not in use again. Opened several after that
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by MizMyColi(f): 11:44am On Nov 26, 2016
D4Daymoo:

I am oldier than u wink

But I still try nagrin
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 26, 2016
I cant even remember when I opened mine. My brother did it for me years ago and it is still in use
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by Abdstrakt(m): 6:11pm On Nov 30, 2016
D4Daymoo:

Lol!!! I didn't know anything when I was in JSS 1 Na unlike u
lol... your Jss1 was in 1994 so I understand grin
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 02, 2016
Abdstrakt:

lol... your Jss1 was in 1994 so I understand grin

I went to a boarding school. O boy, those days when I wrote letters to my dad asking for more pocket money, I dey get home before the letter grin grin grin
Re: How Did You Open Your First Email by Abdstrakt(m): 1:18pm On Dec 02, 2016
D4Daymoo:

I went to a boarding school. O boy, those days when I wrote letters to my dad asking for more pocket money, I dey get home before the letter grin grin grin
this killed me grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

I Really Need Help! / Moments When Ogun State Copers Saw EFE Bbnaija Winner [photos] / Buhari's Arrival ;what Came To Your Mind When You Heard He's Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.