Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,827 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Anambra Is The Only Productive State In Nigeria. VP. Osibanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Is The Only Productive State In Nigeria. VP. Osibanjo (771 Views)

US VP Visit To Flood Victims Vs Nigeria VP. Nigerians Una Mumu Never Start. / Surrendering Of Bakassi To Cameroun, A Huge Loss To Nigeria - Vp Osinbajo / How I Will Kill Corruption In Nigeria –vp Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Is The Only Productive State In Nigeria. VP. Osibanjo by Deepfreezer(m): 10:32am On Nov 25, 2016
In the just concluded Project Tour and the Anambra State Town Hall Meeting with the Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Prof Yemi Osibanjo and the Minister for Women Affairs and Social Development, Sen. Aisha Al Hassan as well as the Minister for Employment and Productivity, Sen. Dr Chris Nwabueze Ngige; members of the National Assembly and host of members of the presidential working team, the Vice President described Anambra as the most productive state in Nigeria in terms of indigenous industries and commerce.

He noted that the visit marks his second since the inception of their administration and his first project tour in the state. He disclosed that the tour was necessitated by Governor Willie Obiano’s appeal for the federal government’s visits cum inspection as well as finding palliatives for the challenges facing investors in the current economic situation in the nation; Prof Yemi Osibanjo further extolled Governor Willie Obiano’s exemplary leadership in the state especially for his efforts towards ameliorating the sufferings of the poor masses in the unfortunate era of economic tribulations assuring the people that conservative efforts are already being put in place to wrestle the ugly situation.

He enumerated the various opportunities the federal government has mapped out for women, youths and the impaired urging the people to queue in to harness these golden opportunities.

“whenever we hear about Anambra State, it is always the best of news… It’ll always be news about people who are serious and determined, and who are diligent in whatever they do”

“I hope to be back… I’ve seen the great things that are happening here, I’ve seen the flyovers that the governor has built. I really congratulate him and thank him for great work that he is doing, and for a very good partnership that he has been offering us… I’ll be back very soon” – VP Osibanjo

The Vice President who first toured the various cities in the state visiting the various factories in Onitsha and Nnewi expressed satisfaction with the level of development and opportunities being generated in the state showing optimism that the Willie Obiano’s blueprint be exported to other parts of the country as he humorously added “I have given your alert governor my phone number so that I can also get alerts and enjoy the good things you people enjoy in Anambra”

Speaking earlier in the event, the host, Governor Willie Obiano thanked the Vice President for harkening to his calls and coming to identify with Ndi Anambra, especially the investors battling to sustain their businesses with the economic situation. He reassured Ndi Anambra of his commitment towards alleviating the impact of recession on them through his ban on taxation for market women, traders and other businesses within the state, and his prompt payment of salaries assuring the civil servants of their salary before Christmas which would go with a bag of rice each.

1 Share

Re: Anambra Is The Only Productive State In Nigeria. VP. Osibanjo by ammyluv2002(f): 10:35am On Nov 25, 2016
True talk Mr Vice President grin tongue tongue tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Is The Only Productive State In Nigeria. VP. Osibanjo by nwasinachi(f): 10:44am On Nov 25, 2016
Osinbanjo was blind before but now he can see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Is The Only Productive State In Nigeria. VP. Osibanjo by thesicilian: 10:49am On Nov 25, 2016
Mr Vice President, it is not just about going there to do eye and lip service. You've seen what's on ground, the tremendous work the people are making on their own. What are you going to do to augment their efforts?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: Gov. Ganduje Visits Osinbajo / Breaking....pdp Are Real Members Of Boko Haram....open Confession From Pdp / A Motion For An Entirely New Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.