Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started (6232 Views)

The Failure Of Christian Deism / Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist / Deism, "-there Must Be Something" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 25, 2016
Christianity is a REVEALED religion (others include Islam, Judaism...) that teaches that man is a FALLEN BEING that is in need of REDEMPTION. He must have FAITH and TRUST in the AUTHORITY of the bible and/or the church (because the church has a special revelation from God) in order to be redeemed and saved. (Islam, Judaism... also lay claim to different special revelations from God)

The question is why am I abandoning my religion?

I have carefully done my research and discovered that there are a whole lot of contradictions and confusion with regards to the teachings of revealed religions. These have generated so many controversies, wars, enslavement of the mind and backwardness. I have seen that in the bible, countless threads between atheists and theists here on Nairaland, from other religious books, from the preachings of christian and other religious leaders and so on. I can't entangled myself in this confusion and contradictions and that is why am abandoning my religion.

Do I believe in the existence of God?

Here is a quote from Albert Einstein:

"My religion consists of a humble ADMINISTRATION of the ILLIMITABLE superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our FRAIL minds. That deeply emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, form my idea of God." - Albert Einstein.

Ans: Yes I believe 100% in the existence of God. Someone created the universe, nothing creates itself.

My New religion: Deism/Natural Religion

I will seek for God daily through LOGIC and OBSERVATION of nature. I believe I am IGNORANT and I need constant ENLIGHTENMENT/EDUCATION to improve myself daily. My redemption lies in REASONING backed by FACTS and EVIDENCE.

"God did not give me religion, he gave me reason"

Thank you.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Seun(m): 11:37am On Nov 25, 2016
I have no problem with deism. Practically, it's not very different from atheism. I believe in "REASONING backed by FACTS and EVIDENCE" too.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by ChemicalReaction(f): 11:41am On Nov 25, 2016
Op, all the best! BTW,anywhere someone is denouncing christianity, Seun must be there. mtcheeeww..

7 Likes

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 25, 2016
Seun:
I have no problem with deism. Practically, it's not very different from atheism. I believe in "REASONING backed by FACTS and EVIDENCE" too.

"something creates itself" vs "nothing creates itself" that's the practical difference.

NB: something = the unverse
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by analice107: 11:56am On Nov 25, 2016
I was here Once upon a time.

Thank God i didn't fall deeper into the darkness before being rescued.

My dear, the fault is on those who are suppose to feed the sheep, they abandoned the sheep to go fishing, now this is the result.

Satan moved into Christianity which was the manifestation of the power of God and planted human traditions which You and l today refer to as religion.

Religion leaves us empty, yarning for answers but provides known.

Christ was never religious. He was killed fighting religion and religious structures.

We just find ourselves with so many unanswered questions, with no one to answer. The reason is, to get this answers, you have to go to the manual and check, but no one wants to consult the manual anymore.

God has been turned to a servant now, and we have become his master. We command Him at Will, hoping he will jump through hoops for us.

None of us is willingly to obey and follow instructions, we want things done our way.

But, God can not lower his standards for us, Instead, He raises us up to his standards wen we are willing to follow His instructions. Its wen we are up at his level that we'll begin to see things differently.

I was an angry Soul ones. Very angry at God for bringing me here without my consent. I figured i shd ve been asked if i wanted to come to earth.

Why bring me here wen it's obvious i can't live a life that will qualify me to enter heaven?

On the other hand, I found Christianity too shallow and lacking in Spirituality, but i didnt know my background was the reason for my shallowness.

Now, i know better.

Its well. I wish you well in your quest.

But whatever you do, make sure you do not shed the blood of another human.

Shalom. I love you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by ClitRaider: 11:59am On Nov 25, 2016
OP, have you studied ALL religions to arrive at this?! You should learn from your dad's mistakes- Use birthcontrol.

1 Like

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by analice107: 12:00pm On Nov 25, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
Op, all the best! BTW,anywhere someone is denouncing christianity, Seun must be there! mtcheeeww..
lol, you shd have known the reason by now.

Why do bankers run after potential clients?
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by ClitRaider: 12:03pm On Nov 25, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
Op, all the best! BTW,anywhere someone is denouncing christianity, Seun must be there! mtcheeeww..
He's always there.
The Christian God is their headache.
I'm sure he wouldnt try it with the bomb carrying 77virgin seeking moslems..

3 Likes

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by damogul: 12:03pm On Nov 25, 2016
onyenze123:
Christianity is a REVEALED religion (others include Islam, Judaism...) that teaches that man is a FALLEN BEING that is in need of REDEMPTION. He must have FAITH and TRUST in the AUTHORITY of the bible and/or the church (because the church has a special revelation from God) in order to be redeemed and saved. (Islam, Judaism... also lay claim to different special revelations from God)

The question is why am I abandoning my religion?

I have carefully done my research and discovered that there are a whole lot of contradictions and confusion with regards to the teachings of revealed religions. These have generated so many controversies, wars, enslavement of the mind and backwardness. I have seen that in the bible, countless threads between atheists and theists here on Nairaland, from other religious books, from the preachings of christian and other religious leaders and so on. I can't entangled myself in this confusion and contradictions and that is why am abandoning my religion.

Do I believe in the existence of God?

Here is a quote from Albert Einstein:

"My religion consists of a humble ADMINISTRATION of the ILLIMITABLE superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our FRAIL minds. That deeply emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, form my idea of God." - Albert Einstein.

Ans: Yes I believe 100% in the existence of God. Someone created the universe, nothing creates itself.

My New religion: Deism/Natural Religion

I will seek for God daily through LOGIC and OBSERVATION of nature. I believe I am IGNORANT and I need constant ENLIGHTENMENT/EDUCATION to improve myself daily. My redemption lies in REASONING backed by FACTS and EVIDENCE.

"God did not give me religion, he gave me reason"

Thank you.

Bro. I do understand your comments and the fact the you want to reason your way arounf everything but you do realise that "reason" cannot explain everything. Care to talk with me offline?

Here on NL you would get a lot of conflicting views. At least with me you can have a direct line of discussion and lets see if i could join you in Deism as we reason. Shall we?
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 25, 2016
may health and prosperity be upon you too. take care
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by analice107: 12:07pm On Nov 25, 2016
damogul:

Bro. I do understand your comments and the fact the you want to reason your way arounf everything but you do realise that "reason" cannot explain everything. Care to talk with me offline?

Here on NL you would get a lot of conflicting views. At least with me you can have a direct line of discussion and lets see if i could join you in Deism as we reason. Shall we?
Weldone sir. Godbless.
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by analice107: 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2016
onyenze123:
may health and prosperity be upon you too. take care
You are welcome.
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 25, 2016
ClitRaider:
OP, have you studied ALL religions to arrive at this?!
You should learn from your dad's mistakes- Use birthcontrol.

Your mother gave birth to a ClitRaider. Tufiakwa! Your parents should have taken you to brothels to raid clits rather than waste their precious money raising you. Be sensible pls
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by alBHAGDADI: 12:18pm On Nov 25, 2016
analice107:

lol, you shd have known the reason by now.

Why do bankers run after potential clients?
Are you trying to say Seun is the Daddy G.O of atheism?
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by damogul: 12:21pm On Nov 25, 2016
onyenze123:

Your mother gave birth to a ClitRaider. Tufiakwa! Your parents should have taken you to brothels to raid clits rather than waste their precious money raising you. Be sensible pls

Can we talk brother? Awun Onye Igbo.
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 25, 2016
damogul:

Can we talk brother? Awun Onye Igbo.

Yes, here is my email

cderulo at gmail dot com
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by ClitRaider: 12:36pm On Nov 25, 2016
onyenze123:

I may be naughty but i regard God..
..youre full of sh!t, if brains were dynamites, you wouldn't have enough to blow up your nose.

3 Likes

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by analice107: 12:52pm On Nov 25, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
Are you trying to say Seun is the Daddy G.O of atheism?
hahahahahshahahahaha
Na for my mouth you want hear say President Mama na winch?
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by analice107: 12:53pm On Nov 25, 2016
ClitRaider:

..youre full of sh!t, if brains were dynamites, you wouldn't have enough to blow up your nose.
make una leave me nah, make i no piss for my bodi.

1 Like

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by felixomor: 1:09pm On Nov 25, 2016
Seun:

Abeg quit the dreams.
Atheism is foolishness.
Dont compare it with deism.

1 Like

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 25, 2016
ClitRaider:

And I disregard God?
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Seun(m): 1:14pm On Nov 25, 2016
onyenze123:
"something creates itself" vs "nothing creates itself" that's the practical difference. NB: something = the universe
You believe that God just exists, without being created or creating himself. How is that better than believing that the universe just exists? If God can just exist, why can't the universe just exist? If you get to define God as the uncaused cause, why can't I define the universe the same way?

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 25, 2016
felixomor:

Abeg quit the dreams.
Atheism is foolishness.

Oga Seun should embrace Deism. grin
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by damogul: 1:17pm On Nov 25, 2016
onyenze123:

Yes, here is my email

cderulo at gmail dot com

ok got it will reach out in a few
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Sheikwonder(m): 1:18pm On Nov 25, 2016
finally, a deist thread! I'm definitely following!!!
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 25, 2016
Seun:

You believe that God just exists, without being created or creating himself. How is that better than believing that the universe just exists? If God can just exist, why can't the universe just exist? If you get to define God as the uncaused cause, why can't I define the universe the same way?

Because God is a being (living) and the universe is a thing (non-living). Living being creates non living thing.

"God is the power of first cause, nature is the law, and matter is the subject acted upon."
Thomas Paine

5 Likes

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by DoctorAlien(m): 1:28pm On Nov 25, 2016
I've said it over and over again, and I will say it again: the most learned and intelligent people are never atheists. Virtually everything in the universe points to GOD.

Somebody on this thread asked why it can't be that the universe just exist uncaused and without a Creator(making it eternal). A simple research will reveal that the energy in the universe is decreasing, and so the universe must have started some time ago, and must necessarily not be eternal.

Knowledge cures atheism.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 25, 2016
felixomor:

Abeg quit the dreams.
Atheism is foolishness.

Oh shut it, go back to your bible please. Both atheists and deist think your religion is nonsense

2 Likes

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by raphieMontella: 1:34pm On Nov 25, 2016
very nice... Deism...a very cogent philosophical position... Keep your story rolling.
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 25, 2016
DoctorAlien:
I've said it over and over again, and I will say it again: the most learned and intelligent people are never atheists. Virtually everything in the universe points to GOD.

Somebody on this thread asked why it can't be that the universe just exist uncaused and without a Creator(making it eternal). A simple research will reveal that the energy in the universe is decreasing, and so the universe must have started some time ago, and must necessarily not be eternal.

Knowledge cures atheism.

What I dislike the most is when people warp science. Research suggests this universe started about 13b years ago. Current thought is the big bang theory, just because we don't know what caused the expansion or te initial beginning doesn't suggest a creator just because we don't know.

One feature common across religions and their books is the fact that their knowledge of the universe is always limited to the knowledge available at the time. Isn't it interesting your God never told us about the another planets, galaxies etc that he created?

4 Likes

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by raphieMontella: 1:36pm On Nov 25, 2016
LightandDarkness:

Oh shut it, go back to your bible please. Both atheists and deist think your religion is nonsense
they love using deistic arguments for their cause...but forget the deists clearly believe their religion is pooooh

2 Likes

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by raphieMontella: 1:38pm On Nov 25, 2016
LightandDarkness:

What I dislike the most is when people warp science. Research suggests this universe started about 13b years ago. Current thought is the big bang theory, just because we don't know what caused the expansion or te initial beginning doesn't suggest a creator just because we don't know.

One feature common across religions and their books is the fact that their knowledge of the universe is always limited to the knowledge available at the time. Isn't it interesting your God never told us about the another planets, galaxies etc that he created?
how someone can even proudly confine god to a book sef suprises me...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why You Should Accept Jesus Christ Now / Is It Odd To Want To Marry A Pastor? / Bishop David Oyedepo Vs Cristiano Ronaldo? Who Is Richer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.