Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,819 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started (6251 Views)

The Failure Of Christian Deism / Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist / Deism, "-there Must Be Something" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by jonbellion(m): 1:10pm On Nov 26, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Why ? Isn't it much better to see natural selection as a mechanism used for creation by the supernatural agent - it makes so much sense .
Lol
Intelludjent dezione intellegent design: The divine comedythe breakthrough of science smiley
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by raphieMontella: 1:11pm On Nov 26, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Some muslims believe that God is not a personal God . And in Judaism the anthropomorphic characteristics of God is taken as figures of speech

Christians accept the divinity of Christ .
divinity as being part of the godhead,,,,,,being god himself,,ettc or divinity as having some form of connection with the author of the universe?
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by KingEbukaNaija: 1:15pm On Nov 26, 2016
raphieMontella:

yes..but not your clay to man

I have explained what that - the use of dust in the bible - means before both literally and allegorically .
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by KingEbukaNaija: 1:16pm On Nov 26, 2016
raphieMontella:

divinity as being part of the godhead,,,,,,being god himself,,ettc or divinity as having some form of connection with the author of the universe?

As being part of the godhead .
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by KingEbukaNaija: 1:17pm On Nov 26, 2016
jonbellion:
Lol
Intelludjent dezione intellegent design: The divine comedythe breakthrough of science smiley

Seriously

Theistic evolution makes way more sense than "atheistic evolution " . Unguided evolution is highly unlikely
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by raphieMontella: 1:18pm On Nov 26, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

As being part of the godhead .
so jehovah witnesses and other non-trinitarians or jesus=yahweh sects are not christians?
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by raphieMontella: 1:18pm On Nov 26, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

I have explained what that - the use of dust in the bible - means before both literally and allegorically .
is the serpent also an allegory?

1 Like

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by KingEbukaNaija: 1:18pm On Nov 26, 2016
raphieMontella:

so jehovah witnesses and other non-trinitarians or jesus=yahweh sects are not christians?

Clearly .
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by raphieMontella: 1:20pm On Nov 26, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Seriously

Theistic evolution makes way more sense than "atheistic evolution " . Unguided evolution is highly unlikely
but its unguided evolution we have been seeing bruh...not theistic..
Does a supernatural entity guides lightning?
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by KingEbukaNaija: 1:20pm On Nov 26, 2016
raphieMontella:

is the serpent also an allegory?

I've explained this before . Yes both allegorically and literally .

There are versions that see the serpent as an evil humanoid .
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by raphieMontella: 1:29pm On Nov 26, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Clearly .
your own perspective tho...
That means early christian sects like the ebionites,,nazarenes etc were not christians too?
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 26, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

As a deist , you shouldn't address God as a "He" , its more of "It" . We theists (jonbellion take note) personified God because we acknowledge His immanence .

You mean I should address a superior spirit with unlimited intelligence as "it"?
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by KingEbukaNaija: 4:40pm On Nov 26, 2016
onyenze123:

You mean I should address a superior spirit with unlimited intelligence as "it"?

The use of pronouns like "He" and "She" is to identify sexes/gender . God is genderless so "IT" - not used pejoratively - is suitable to address an Impersonal God . Only believers of a personal God can use "He" to address God since he kind of has masculine roles .

Do you know that most deists actually believe that the Supreme Being should be worshiped ?

There are so many types of deism - Pandeism, panendeism , Polydeism , Scientific Deism , and Spiritual Deism . And these aforementioned types of deism accept God as a Personal God except Pandeism

Pandeism - God no longer exists as a separate conscious entity and now exists as the universe . God metamorphosed from a sentient conscious being to an unresponsive entity , the universe .

Panendeism - It conflates ideas of panentheism and deism .

Polydeism - many supernatural beings created the universe but are not involved in the affairs of the universe

There is one called Process Deism . Others include Christian Deism , Humanistic Deism and Classical Deism . So my brother be actually certain about what you are actually walking into , it is not by shouting deism upandan grin . Good luck !
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by KingEbukaNaija: 4:55pm On Nov 26, 2016
raphieMontella:

but its unguided evolution we have been seeing bruh...not theistic..

Unguided evolution can be likened to throwing a clothing material on a sewing machine and expecting to get a dress just like that . No tailor , nothing .

Does a supernatural entity guides lightning?

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by KingEbukaNaija: 5:11pm On Nov 26, 2016
raphieMontella:

your own perspective tho...
That means early christian sects like the ebionites,,nazarenes etc were not christians too?

Ebionites saw Christ as the Messiah but rejected His divinity and Nazarenes were just Jewish-Christians who still adhered to the laws of Moses .The early Christians were also called Nazarenes and I don't think the Nazarenes rejected the divinity of Christ because they accepted the Virgin Birth of Christ .
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Wilgrea7(m): 6:32pm On Nov 26, 2016
Atheists are ready to support anybody as long as they don't follow religion... especially Christianity

sometimes i feel sad for them

MODIFIED

later when the deist starts attacking their disbelief, they'll start denying him/her

1 Like

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by seggzz(m): 6:35pm On Nov 26, 2016
onyenze123:
Christianity is a REVEALED religion (others include Islam, Judaism...) that teaches that man is a FALLEN BEING that is in need of REDEMPTION. He must have FAITH and TRUST in the AUTHORITY of the bible and/or the church (because the church has a special revelation from God) in order to be redeemed and saved. (Islam, Judaism... also lay claim to different special revelations from God)

The question is why am I abandoning my religion?

I have carefully done my research and discovered that there are a whole lot of contradictions and confusion with regards to the teachings of revealed religions. These have generated so many controversies, wars, enslavement of the mind and backwardness. I have seen that in the bible, countless threads between atheists and theists here on Nairaland, from other religious books, from the preachings of christian and other religious leaders and so on. I can't entangled myself in this confusion and contradictions and that is why am abandoning my religion.

Do I believe in the existence of God?

Here is a quote from Albert Einstein:

"My religion consists of a humble ADMINISTRATION of the ILLIMITABLE superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our FRAIL minds. That deeply emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, form my idea of God." - Albert Einstein.

Ans: Yes I believe 100% in the existence of God. Someone created the universe, nothing creates itself.

My New religion: Deism/Natural Religion

I will seek for God daily through LOGIC and OBSERVATION of nature. I believe I am IGNORANT and I need constant ENLIGHTENMENT/EDUCATION to improve myself daily. My redemption lies in REASONING backed by FACTS and EVIDENCE.

"God did not give me religion, he gave me reason"

Thank you.

QUESTIONS I ASKED ATHEISTS WHEN I WAS A DEIST....YOU COULD LEARN MORE BY ASKING THEM THESE...
Q1 : Why do you say there is no creator that creates nature? What physical or theoretical proof or evidence do you have to conclude there is no god or the creator never exits at any time?

Q2 : Since most atheists disagreed that the nature is not a creation rather they agreed that it is either eternal or accidental within nature, what evidence of proof do you have about your either agreements or chosen choice?
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by seggzz(m): 6:39pm On Nov 26, 2016
Wilgrea7:
Atheists are ready to support anybody as long as they don't follow religion... especially Christianity

Are you a deist or agnostic?
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Wilgrea7(m): 6:43pm On Nov 26, 2016
seggzz:
Are you a deist or agnostic?
grin grin.
I'm a Christian bro

1 Like

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by seggzz(m): 6:50pm On Nov 26, 2016
Wilgrea7:

grin grin.
I'm a Christian bro
is Christian god real?
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 26, 2016
onyenze123:
Christianity is a REVEALED religion (others include Islam, Judaism...) that teaches that man is a FALLEN BEING that is in need of REDEMPTION. He must have FAITH and TRUST in the AUTHORITY of the bible and/or the church (because the church has a special revelation from God) in order to be redeemed and saved. (Islam, Judaism... also lay claim to different special revelations from God)

The question is why am I abandoning my religion?

I have carefully done my research and discovered that there are a whole lot of contradictions and confusion with regards to the teachings of revealed religions. These have generated so many controversies, wars, enslavement of the mind and backwardness. I have seen that in the bible, countless threads between atheists and theists here on Nairaland, from other religious books, from the preachings of christian and other religious leaders and so on. I can't entangled myself in this confusion and contradictions and that is why am abandoning my religion.

Do I believe in the existence of God?

Here is a quote from Albert Einstein:

"My religion consists of a humble ADMINISTRATION of the ILLIMITABLE superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our FRAIL minds. That deeply emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, form my idea of God." - Albert Einstein.

Ans: Yes I believe 100% in the existence of God. Someone created the universe, nothing creates itself.

My New religion: Deism/Natural Religion

I will seek for God daily through LOGIC and OBSERVATION of nature. I believe I am IGNORANT and I need constant ENLIGHTENMENT/EDUCATION to improve myself daily. My redemption lies in REASONING backed by FACTS and EVIDENCE.

"God did not give me religion, he gave me reason"

Thank you.
You have a point Sir, Kudos!!!
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You don't understand . If the universe is eternal , then it is the material/physical manifestation of an immaterial God - there is a separate conscious entity which is incorporeal and there is the universe which is material . But the separate conscious immaterial entity is greater than Its material manifestation .

No Christian should pay attention to this oo , I may be wrong . But AnonyNymous I hope you dig ?

You sound like a deist are you one?
Are you KingEbukanaija?
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by jonbellion(m): 7:55pm On Nov 26, 2016
Akdegreat:

You sound like a deist are you one?
Are you KingEbukanaija?
I tire for Ebuka oo
Always talking like a diest undecided
Ebuka you can come out oo
Don't be ashamed
It's not like you're gay or something
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by sonmvayina(m): 8:08pm On Nov 26, 2016
onyenze123:

He is a spirit with unlimited intelligence

stop using "He" God is not a man......it is insulting and demeaning to do so...so much for unlimited intelligence, when you believe it does not know what the devil does...or are you not a christain?...
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Wilgrea7(m): 8:15pm On Nov 26, 2016
seggzz:
is Christian god real?
are you expecting me to say no?

1 Like

Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by MrMontella(m): 8:38pm On Nov 26, 2016
Wilgrea7:

MODIFIED

later when the deist starts attacking their disbelief, they'll start denying him/her
they attack christianity more because an overwhelming percentage of atheists are ex-christians...
Apostasy no longer holds in christianity..unlike islam..
Bro dont be deceived by nairaland o...
Muslim countries will prove you wrong..
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 26, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

The use of pronouns like "He" and "She" is to identify sexes/gender . God is genderless so "IT" - not used pejoratively - is suitable to address an Impersonal God . Only believers of a personal God can use "He" to address God since he kind of has masculine roles .

Do you know that most deists actually believe that the Supreme Being should be worshiped ?

There are so many types of deism - Pandeism, panendeism , Polydeism , Scientific Deism , and Spiritual Deism . And these aforementioned types of deism accept God as a Personal God except Pandeism

Pandeism - God no longer exists as a separate conscious entity and now exists as the universe . God metamorphosed from a sentient conscious being to an unresponsive entity , the universe .

Panendeism - It conflates ideas of panentheism and deism .

Polydeism - many supernatural beings created the universe but are not involved in the affairs of the universe

There is one called Process Deism . Others include Christian Deism , Humanistic Deism and Classical Deism . So my brother be actually certain about what you are actually walking into , it is not by shouting deism upandan grin . Good luck !

I am a christian deist grin

I believe in the moral and non mystical teachings of Jesus only
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 26, 2016
seggzz:

QUESTIONS I ASKED ATHEISTS WHEN I WAS A DEIST....YOU COULD LEARN MORE BY ASKING THEM THESE...
Q1 : Why do you say there is no creator that creates nature? What physical or theoretical proof or evidence do you have to conclude there is no god or the creator never exits at any time?

Q2 : Since most atheists disagreed that the nature is not a creation rather they agreed that it is either eternal or accidental within nature, what evidence of proof do you have about your either agreements or chosen choice?

noted grin
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 26, 2016
Akdegreat:

You have a point Sir, Kudos!!!

Thank you
Re: From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started by KingEbukaNaija: 11:26pm On Nov 26, 2016
onyenze123:

I am a christian deist grin

I believe in the moral and non mystical teachings of Jesus only

There's also a possibility that as a Christian deist , you can reject Jesus' divinity , accept his moral teachings and still worship the Supreme Being

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Benefits Of Doing The Will Of God / God Vs. Science (joke) / How Was Man Created? (Bible Vs Quran)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.