Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,181 members, 7,807,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Teacher, Don't Teach Me Nonsense - Confession Of A Rape Victim - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teacher, Don't Teach Me Nonsense - Confession Of A Rape Victim (2063 Views)

Tragic Confession Of A First Class Graduate | Flee Fornication/ Adultery / Sex For Mark: "OAU Female Student Should Stop Playing The Victim" - Man Says / Rape Victim Set To Graduate From North Caroline State University (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teacher, Don't Teach Me Nonsense - Confession Of A Rape Victim by amicable09(f): 3:47pm On Nov 25, 2016
Business Unusual

What you're about to read is a dark secret. A secret I've kept to myself for over 15 years. I've been trapped in it. My soul bleeds. My eyes cry. My mouth screams. I shouldn't do this because after now like all other rape victims - past and present, I know I'll be discriminated against. I'm certain that my friends will not want to associate with me anymore. My family will hear of it from Miss O. Gyny, my friend. The society already made it clear that I brought this upon myself. I admit it's all my fault!

Unlike others, I wasn't raped at night. I wasn't raped along a lonely bushy path. I wasn't pushed to the ground by a villain. I had none of that. My case is different. I was raped in my classroom at the age of 10 by my Religious knowledge teacher.

When I first gained admission into Secondary school, I had the option of either going to a Federal Government College or a University Secondary school. My parents made the decision for me because they wanted me to go to school from home. The University secondary school on its own is a hot cake. Entrance examination into it as I still clearly remember was a really big deal. Parents and Guardians brought their wards in flashy cars. The campus looked like it was a Convocation ceremony being celebrated. I remember the stern warning my dad gave me before I went in for the exam, it was clear. "Only one thing is expected of you my little girl, and that is to score above average!".

I won't bore you with the details of the merriment that took place at my house when the admission list came out. My dad after checking the list, came home and said " You are the true daughter of your father!". I am. My mother concurred. My siblings nodded in unison. That day, we ate rice and chicken at home. And it wasn't a Sunday!

In September of that year, I started J.S.S 1. I was in class A since I was among the first 50 to have made the merit list. I was one of the youngest in my class though but I made friends quick and blended in very smoothly. Our teachers were good. I mean very good. In fact, I hear now that some of them are lecturers in the University. But there was a bad egg amongst them. The teacher who filled my head with nonsense. Fela Kuti foreknew that I will have such a one when he composed the song ' Teacher Don't Teach Me Nonsense'.

'It's your period now Sir. Going by the timetable we have Religious Knowledge class in JSS 1A'.

'My period? *Laughs*. Do I now see period like girls?'

This is his typical kind of joke. Now that I think of the joke assault, I think most of his teachings are what we now call 'Sex Education'. His first home work question was for us to go home and ask our parents to tell us how they gave birth to us. That day my parents avoided me like a plague. grin. And like you know, I wasn't told. My teacher who was supposed to be answering questions like ' who created the creator? , was busy raping my mind through the violation of my privacy and consent. Which brings me to the question of who taught the first man and woman sex education Who taught and is still teaching the goats, dogs, chicken and all other animals on this planet how to procreate?

Why is there so much emphasis today on Sex education rather than Sexuality education?

Just last week, Aunty Preye, my neighbor who has a 6 year old daughter was adviced to start teaching her daughter Sex education so that according to her adviser 'She will learn it from you and not from anyone else'. But again why teach something that needs not be taught? Teach both the boy and girl child how to take care of their body. Teach them about their privates. Teach them about gender roles and differences between she and he. Teach them the clinical terms of every part of their body. Instead of being tagged 'current' for teaching them the details of how they were born, leave their minds to retain all the innocence it can hold.

I was mind raped by one. But I can tell that children born in this day and age will be gang raped if nothing is done. The media is intrusive. Self acclaimed writers are publishing books. The internet is awash with every form of half baked content you can think of being shoved down the throats of inquisitive minds. As for me, I have been referred to a General Hospital due to insanity which is as a result of the rape years ago. My mind is broken. My soul hurts. My brain bleeds. What would have been a source of identity and joy has turned out to be a corrupt pervasion.

I will end here.

Please tell Dr. John Thomas that I need a cure. Find cure for me please. A brain cleanser may work just fine.

7 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Teacher, Don't Teach Me Nonsense - Confession Of A Rape Victim by wroskian(m): 4:24pm On Nov 25, 2016
When I initially saw the title and the name of the op of this thread, I was like shocked but after reading through I am smiley I'll be right back.

*Modified*
Nice job Amicable09, I love the way you satirically brought up this social problem.

That Religious Knowledge teacher of yours should be spanked by seven hefty guys with each holding seven horse whips cheesy

Honestly, the infiltration of perverts into an area as sensitive as the educational sector is heart-rending, this is in addition to the incompetence which the sector reeks of. I believe it is due to the kind of set-up we have in Nigeria. This is a country where anyone who fails to make it to the university due to low marks is advised to attend a college of education. While universities pegged their minimum entry score in UTME at 200/400, colleges of education willingly accepts anyone with 150/400 or even lower, how do we want to progress if the system doesn't attract the best minds? How will it attract best minds when the government is unserious and irresponsible? What will you say of a teacher who can't differentiate between "sex education and sexuality education?" What happens to our future when we have teachers who are morally damaged in our schools? These are questions begging for answers.

While discussing with some guys who graduated from a popular college of education in Nigeria at a time, I was extremely shocked at the way they spoke about how their lecturers sleep with female students in exchange for marks and how male students pay their way through in cash.
In my little way of thinking, I felt if everywhere should become corrupt, an institution like a college of education where teachers who would be in charge of young minds are being trained, should at least have lecturers with high moral standards compared to what is obtainable in other categories of degree awarding institutions; but I was wrong.

Now, what should we expect from a teacher trained in such environment? Okay, I am not insinuating there are no hardworking and brilliant students attending colleges of education; in fact, there are also good teachers positively imparting students under their watch and doing well in their careers. I am only looking at the bigger picture as it affects us.

I believe the way out of the current quagmire in the education sector is to make the teaching profession more attractive and entry more stringent. Apart from paper qualifications, there should be a way of assessing the personality traits of would-be teachers just as it is done in private companies outside the education sector. Private school owners should also step up their game.

Make I rest here...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Teacher, Don't Teach Me Nonsense - Confession Of A Rape Victim by amicable09(f): 7:20pm On Nov 25, 2016
Very well said Wroskian.
You have successfully broken down and simplified this social and educational problem to the barest minimum. I didn't think I will be understood cheesy

Thanks for moving from shock to delight.

More to come later...

4 Likes

Re: Teacher, Don't Teach Me Nonsense - Confession Of A Rape Victim by karleone(m): 11:18pm On Nov 25, 2016
Re: Teacher, Don't Teach Me Nonsense - Confession Of A Rape Victim by amicable09(f): 12:29pm On Nov 26, 2016
Karleone I'm about to sell your plot of land o cheesy
What have you got to say?
Re: Teacher, Don't Teach Me Nonsense - Confession Of A Rape Victim by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 05, 2016
Much ado about nothing.
Re: Teacher, Don't Teach Me Nonsense - Confession Of A Rape Victim by TopKat(m): 12:34pm On Dec 08, 2016
Kmt. Nothing to see here
Re: Teacher, Don't Teach Me Nonsense - Confession Of A Rape Victim by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 12, 2016
this feels like a click bait to me...
catchy headlines to attract people...
catchy intro to increase the suspense...
then when it was time for the crescendo I felt bad, not because the topic itself was bad, but I felt betrayed.

lemme even re-read it again
Re: Teacher, Don't Teach Me Nonsense - Confession Of A Rape Victim by amicable09(f): 6:35pm On Dec 12, 2016
TheBatman:
this feels like a click bait to me...
catchy headlines to attract people...
catchy intro to increase the suspense...
then when it was time for the crescendo I felt bad, not because the topic itself was bad, but I felt betrayed.

lemme even re-read it again
Lol.
I'm sorry you feel that way.

It's the power of a compelling story to pass a message. I won't call it a click bait at all, it's an invitation to see my side of a rape account.
Re: Teacher, Don't Teach Me Nonsense - Confession Of A Rape Victim by Babacele: 7:27pm On May 22, 2018
This is in response to the stuff in the diaryland:

Ami I know you are human like everyone else. You have , like everyone , the power that can create,change,uncreate and without any opposition from any known force in the universe: your mind. Isn't that the only place you can build anything before bringing it to the physical world? It is easy to imagine an aeroplane now but can you just think about the looks of ridicule any dreamer would have been subjected to if he had told folks around him years before the birth of the aircraft that he was imagining and imaging in his mind's eyes the possibility of a big, iron bird conveying humans across the air? Win there and you win anywhere. It maybe your winter cycle, so just go slow with the flow . Ami , some times we cry, sometimes we smile ; it is part of our growth process. without catabolism ,no anabolism and metabolism wouldn't exist. There is always some lessons to learn therefrom. Wishing you the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Teacher, Don't Teach Me Nonsense - Confession Of A Rape Victim by amicable09(f): 9:53pm On May 22, 2018
Babacele:
This is in response to the stuff in the diaryland:

Ami I know you are human like everyone else. You have , like everyone , the power that can create,change,uncreate and without any opposition from any known force in the universe: your mind. Isn't that the only place you can build anything before bringing it to the physical world? It is easy to imagine an aeroplane now but can you just think about the looks of ridicule any dreamer would have been subjected to if he had told folks around him years before the birth of the aircraft that he was imagining and imaging in his mind's eyes the possibility of a big, iron bird conveying humans across the air? Win there and you win anywhere. It maybe your winter cycle, so just go slow with the flow . Ami , some times we cry, sometimes we smile ; it is part of our growth process. without catabolism ,no anabolism and catabolism wouldn't exist. There is always some lessons to learn therefrom. Wishing you the best.
Thank you so much uncle Cele. Thank you.

It's not easy but I know years from now I'll be grateful for this experience. It's so bad that today my colleague called while I was out on call to ask about my blood pressure. Lol. It's crazy but that's how far it has gone. It's equally teaching me to stand up for myself in the corporate world. I'm used to having people fight for me. I still have a few but I've seen that everyone of us is somewhat selfish so, I go out, make requests and look top men and women in the eye, sometimes smile to regain confidence if shaken and subtly make demands.

It's either a yes or a no.
Whatever the response, I'll know I didn't stay waiting for someone to take pity on me and fight for my course and that's what I love about the change.

I really appreciate your words of wisdom. They are far-reaching.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Teacher, Don't Teach Me Nonsense - Confession Of A Rape Victim by Babacele: 9:43pm On Dec 26, 2018
amicable09:

Thank you so much uncle Cele. Thank you.

It's not easy but I know years from now I'll be grateful for this experience. It's so bad that today my colleague called while I was out on call to ask about my blood pressure. Lol. It's crazy but that's how far it has gone. It's equally teaching me to stand up for myself in the corporate world. I'm used to having people fight for me. I still have a few but I've seen that everyone of us is somewhat selfish so, I go out, make requests and look top men and women in the eye, sometimes smile to regain confidence if shaken and subtly make demands.

It's either a yes or a no.
Whatever the response, I'll know I didn't stay waiting for someone to take pity on me and fight for my course and that's what I love about the change.

I really appreciate your words of wisdom. They are far-reaching.
Ami ,you just want make I cry with the shredded thoughts experience but I won't. Season greetings to you ,and may the joy and love of Xmas visit you ,amen.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

SARS Officials Vehicle Destroyed, Chased By Angry Students / ASUU Vs FG What's Your Take Should They Scrap ASUU / Watch the first S£x in the BBNaija house between Yousef & Nini. See ass grabbing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.