Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? (2602 Views)

What Do You Guys Think Bout Diz Picture (davido, Krisdani, Wizkid AND Burnaboy) / Timaya New Album Review "dem Mama Soujas" What Do You Guys Think? / "dutty Wine" And "hot Wuk" Dance Style?!what Do U Guys Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by showbobo(m): 11:35am On Nov 07, 2009
Olubowale Victor Folarin (born September 21, 1984), better known by his stage name Wale or BRUNZ (pronounced /wɑːleɪ/), is an American hip hop artist. He rose to prominence in 2006, when his song "Dig Dug (Shake It)" became popular in Washington, D.C. Wale has released five widely recognized mixtapes. His first full length album, Attention Deficit, is scheduled to be released on November 10, 2009, according to SOHH.com

Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by DCONE1(m): 4:24pm On Nov 07, 2009
wale dey try i dey feel d guy,i lyke the fact dat he still dey use im native name dey rep im peeps
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by Ibime(m): 4:48pm On Nov 07, 2009
Pure rubbish!
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by ravenzord(m): 3:43pm On Nov 08, 2009
Ice and rain,surprisingly good song. Apart from that. . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by showbobo(m): 12:08am On Nov 09, 2009
I love his CHILLIN with Lady Gaga. . .

Ibime:

Pure rubbish!
You think you're better of or what??
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by azeeza(f): 9:22am On Nov 10, 2009
yeah chillin with lady gaga is great.i like him
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by Myself2(m): 10:35am On Nov 10, 2009
Ibime:

Pure rubbish!

Quit ha8n ni''a,his world tour is off da hizzy,matta o' fact Wale's rockin' like hootie & da blowfish now
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by HJ1(m): 1:58pm On Nov 10, 2009
Mehnnn Ibime quit hating, erybody aint joell ortiz, royce or canibus, There are cats which a very deep and eccentric approach to songs and the end result would be a very talented work. THATS WALE

I've had his mixtape since last yesr, i.e "100 miles and running", "Mixtape about Nothing" and "Back to the feature" with 9th wonder, so dat dude has been on his grind since Blact tot heard him and Mark ronson signed him to Allido records. Black tot was so impressed wit him dat he actually remixed the joint he did wit Chrisette michelle cuz of him (wale)

i just downloaded his album "Attention: Deficit", dat album is 4 mics straight up, XXL gave anXL rating, (are all this guys dumb, HELL NO).

I like the dude cuz he doesn't rap about puns or forceful metaphors, he just flows wut he feels and wen placed on a record, it comes out impressive. He aint jockin nobody, wut more expect from our "naija" blood, D.C bred rapper.
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by Genuflect(m): 2:01pm On Nov 10, 2009
@H.J Nice breakdown
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by Ibime(m): 2:35pm On Nov 10, 2009
H.J:

Mehnnn Ibime quit hating, erybody aint joell ortiz, royce or canibus, There are cats which a very deep and eccentric approach to songs and the end result would be a very talented work. THATS WALE

I've had his mixtape since last yesr, i.e "100 miles and running", "Mixtape about Nothing" and "Back to the feature" with 9th wonder, so dat dude has been on his grind since Blact tot heard him and Mark ronson signed him to Allido records. Black tot was so impressed wit him dat he actually remixed the joint he did wit Chrisette michelle cuz of him (wale)

i just downloaded his album "Attention: Deficit", dat album is 4 mics straight up, XXL gave anXL rating, (are all this guys dumb, HELL NO).

I like the dude cuz he doesn't rap about puns or forceful metaphors, he just flows wut he feels and wen placed on a record, it comes out impressive. He aint jockin nobody, wut more expect from our "naija" blood, D.C bred rapper.

Cut it out bruv. . . .hating is a word invented by wack rappers to dismiss honest criticism. . . .  I dont gotta like raps that make no sense. . . . who told you I only listen to Joell Ortiz type cats? . . . . first and foremost, rap is poetry to me. . . I dont judge his skills as an artist. . . if you ask me about a rapper, I will judge his skills as a rapper. . . can he tell a story? Is he witty? Is his flow nice?. . . . WTF should I listen to him for?. . . . you might as well tell me he's a singer.
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by HJ1(m): 2:50pm On Nov 10, 2009
Ibime:

Cut it out bruv. . . . I dont gotta like raps that make no sense. . . . first and foremost, rap is poetry to me. . . I dont judge his skills as an artist. . . if you ask me about a rapper, I will judge his skills as a rapper. . .

no u shud cut it out. 4 d fact dat his songs dont make sense to u (which i wonder why) dont mean they dont make sense. nucca re-listen n let go of the immortal tech, jedi mind trick, lord finesse "ears" and listen to a new improve good rap music. I dont need to quote a punchline to show how good he his, Dats d prollem wit us rappers, if it aint multies or metaphors or puns, den it aint rap, nahhhhhh.

He is not a battle rapper, but he sures u think wen u here his flows, they are kinds corny and witty

Like "you say u got a lot of cars but i got a LOT!".

Peeps mite be like wut d mess was dat, but actually u shud ask urself wut a lot is ? simple, it's a "parkin lot", and wut do parkin lots have? lots of cars in it.  thats just a lil tip of wut wale does on his flows. he aint out to pls heads n stil he is hiphop!
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by Ibime(m): 2:56pm On Nov 10, 2009
H.J:

and listen to a new improve good rap music.

New improved?. . . . I think you mean to say new deproved.

Its not about punchlines. . . . I like many nuccas who spit without punchlines. . . . Mos Def, Talib, Phonte, Slick Rick, Mase, Drake, Outcast, Tash (Alkaholics), Lauryn Hill, Black Thought etc.

Wale is a mere mite compared to any of these cats.

Did you say new improved?

Someone that can't even get his last syllables to rhyme with each other.

H.J:

Like "you say u gotta a lotta cars but i gotta a LOT!".

they are kinds corny and witty

You damn right, its corny!

Cornier than popcorn.  grin
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by HJ1(m): 4:14pm On Nov 10, 2009
"cornier than popcorn". yeah right

In the word of wale folarin,,

"They say one has to know d past to last in d present, so i bask in d weather while d presence of dis letters lend me dey rap and 2 give gifts 2 ma brethen,,  
ma nigga, dis is more dan a vocal booth, dis is ma,  only truth, dis is ma rising up,, 
so u can ask "black tot" if i know ma "roots", 
before u "quest" ma love for this,  just know we were playin "q-tip" in a queue before u knew TIP,
and for u new tip, i was tippin strippers properly to pu.ssy poppin, 
So wen u ask me "wut u know about that?", ironically, i'm askin u d same question partner , 
I AM HIPHOP!!!!, the past, present,the future
i can rap on some old premo sound like present siegel make it feel like the sequel to the new me bitch, I'M WALE, "the prescription""

no more words, he aint even tryin to get better than mos, kweli, drake, phonte (he had a collab mixtape wiv phonte's "lil brother" mayte 9th wonder) or who ever, he is being WALE!!
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by ravenzord(m): 8:43pm On Nov 10, 2009
@ Ibime: Wale really wasn't impressive on 'Chilling',lotsa corny,generic lines which anybody could come up with, BUT on 'Ice and Rain' the guy was tyte,good rhyming,better storytelling,a wonderful message. I don't think anybody would listen 2 that song and still say the guy's dumb,maybe U should try it out.

@ H.J: Uhm,could I get d links 2 dose mixtapes and d album? I'd like 2 hear more of him
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 10, 2009
I'm feeling Chillin!
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by JOEZZY1(m): 11:25pm On Nov 10, 2009
At Ibime, Drizzy 'Drake' actually uses punchline in his songs:listen to say whats real, still fly,sucessful,ransom, all of them and more have punchlines in them.
You also saying wale is rubbish is out of the line cos that guy is a good rapper and he kips it real stop the hate!
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by A40(m): 11:58pm On Nov 10, 2009
Ibime everyone cannot be like your Slaughterhouse boys who ain't all that sef. Wale is aight

@H.J
You remember that line "ma material girl get that A-Rod money"
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by showbobo(m): 12:55am On Nov 11, 2009
The guy is tite,just give him the props rather than starting a flimsy battle
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by chiogo(f): 5:27am On Nov 11, 2009
I like "chilling" even with all the corniness.  cheesy He's iight or maybe I'm biased 'cause he's "Nigerian".

Besides "Chillin", I've only listened to one other song by him, "Nike boots".
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by HJ1(m): 6:01am On Nov 11, 2009
Yo guys forget chillin sef, go and listen to shades or mama told me or triumph, in short the whole album, dat guy is really good. I listen to old cats like main source, digable planets and a lot more but i dont let ma old hiphop shut me out from ma new and really cool hiphop cats. For those who want the album or mixtape, use a torrent site n software, u'll get it.
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by Ibime(m): 10:32am On Nov 11, 2009
Can someone post at least a half-decent rap from Wale? Give us a youtube link or something.

I must have heard 5 or 6 of his tunes, and that nuccas dripping with wack juice.

Even in the BET cypher 2009, he was spitting utter gibberish.  grin
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by tboy1(m): 11:23am On Nov 11, 2009
Wale is a decent rapper but J.COLE (First artist signed to Jay'z Roc Nation ) is shittin on wale+drake combined

grown simba
[flash=250,240]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBa4N4Qol_Q&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]

dead president 2
[flash=250,240]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNlkVXGAoIU&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by Ibime(m): 11:37am On Nov 11, 2009
Now, J Cole is the new improved Hiphop.

If we talk about Hiphop improving or whatever, we gotta talk about J. Cole, not wack nuccas like Wale.

Or should I like Wale cos he's Nigerian?

Is Adewale my father's name?
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by tboy1(m): 12:01pm On Nov 11, 2009
Ibime:

Now, J Cole is the new improved Hiphop.

If we talk about Hiphop improving or whatever, we gotta talk about J. Cole, not wack nuccas like Wale.
Or should I like Wale cos he's Nigerian?
Is Adewale my father's name? 

grin
im guessin dat why most africans r really on WALE's wagon - cus he's african
but when we talking bout listening to a track dat will make u rewind the song like 20 times - den we talking bout J.COLE. Dude's got some sick flows dat will make u say DAMNNNN.
His mixtape THE WARM UP probably made other rappers slap demselves with the bullshit they puttin out
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 11, 2009
Don't know much about him though.
I like his song with Lady Gaga.
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by MrTA(m): 10:47pm On Nov 11, 2009
He's not bad. I enjoyed his mixtape about nothing. and he obviously has some talent. I've listened to his album most of this week and I'm really feeling Shades, prescription,Diary and beautiful bliss( although J.Cole absolutely murdered this track, Kid's nice.). I must admit there is something he lacks for me as a pure MC that makes me think he'll never be great. He'll just be one of those decent MCs. All the best to him though.
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by showbobo(m): 11:34pm On Nov 11, 2009
J.Cole lacks this commercial touch in his flows. . . . He aint going nowhere with that
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by A40(m): 12:02am On Nov 12, 2009
Abeg Wale is above average i would give his album a B! i got exams and i'm still bumpin Pretty Girls,Beautiful Bliss and TV In the Radio feat K'Naan (that somalian boy ain't bad)

J.Cole is really good though but he didn't kill Wale abeg you guys should stop exaggerating they where at par! I dont judge rappers just on mixtapes and collabos make im drop album first
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by tboy1(m): 12:22am On Nov 12, 2009
showbobo:

J.Cole lacks this commercial touch in his flows. . . . He aint going nowhere with that
Go listen to the come up and the warm up mixtape, and you'll edit this ur post.
Dudes like papoose lack commercial touches not j.cole. Wale is a decent rapper, but i think he's incredibly overhyped - IMO
Re: What Do You Guys Think Of Wale(rapper)? by HJ1(m): 8:30am On Nov 12, 2009
well igotta admit, i ain theard any of J.cole mixtape and i'm thinkin of gettin dat today! but as far i'm concerned, wale is nice. straight up!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Years After - Olamide, Tupengo & Seriki – Tribute To Dagrin / Latest Music And Video Updates / Be Very Honest: Oladips Vs Davolee: Who Is A Better Rapper?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.