Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,725 members, 7,802,185 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa (1464 Views)

White Man, Policeman & Okada Rider On One Motorcycle Over Fuel Scarcity - Photo / Abubakar Tatari-Ali Cautioning A White Man - Caption Photos / White Man Cheating Us In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Kayor(m): 12:07pm On Jan 07, 2007
D white man is guilty of nothing, except 4 exploiting our greed and contempt 4 each other. It was recently reported that British carriers treat Nigerian passengers with utmost contempt. I'll say it serves them right, are there no good African airlines that ply that route? When d black man learns 2 appreciate himself, then he will b appreciated sad[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by mamaput(f): 12:12pm On Jan 07, 2007
Is everyone not paying the same money to FLy
Re: Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Eurphoria(f): 1:40pm On Jan 07, 2007
pls supply full story and details of source that way we know what exactly you talking about. Thanks
for now what i will say is this. BA is known for taking no prisoners, black white, rich poor. there have been many reports of How Ba treated some celebrities recently, and no they were WHITE. this was becos they failed to comply with rules.

Nigerian travellers are very notorious for trying to bend rules, i cringe with embarassement at the airport when some Nigerians think they can turn up with trailler load of baggage and expect to get on board. When they are told they whine and bitch about it being becos they are Africans, when the rules where clearly stated when thier tickets were booked. This is just one example, obviously i dont know the details of the issue you raise so pls make the picture clearer, its not nice to paint a pic here only for ppl to later find out it was the fault of the passengers or whatever. Its fool hardy to start casting aspersions when the picture is hazy.
Re: Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Ndipe(m): 2:09pm On Jan 07, 2007
The white man is not as evil as he is painted by some other races.
Re: Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Eurphoria(f): 2:47pm On Jan 07, 2007
yes , its time people wake up, we all know what goes on, we know their are unjust pigs alive, we know there is stinky racism, but cmon black people, about time you start  sticking two fingers at the establishments that see nothing but colour, why not become totally accountable to yourself, stop short changing yyourselves make names for yourselves, if they run an airline, well does the white man have special Brain? NO why can't you take that as motivation to do things BETTER than these so called evil whitemen?  people complain of no job blah blah, take your destiny in your hand and be a BOSS. Use your heads, geez i thought our generation will be the one to turn unjust treatments on its head, i thought we would run with all the opportunities out there, use what the so called white man gave the world to make our lives better? Instead you will see thesame self pitying runts tearing down other self made black ppl down becos in their eyes they are so called ''sell out''----what a load of shiite.
from the things i see especially on Nairaland and the way people play the self pity game, blame game, i feel so sad and you know what? i now say stuff the lot of you, keep whining, keep licking your wounds, thesame white man you say caused all your problems will be thesame one to cure your rotten self pitying flesh.
Re: Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Kayor(m): 7:11pm On Jan 08, 2007
Eurphoria,
Nigeria condemns 'rude' airlines: http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/2/hi/africa/6234675.stm embarassed
Re: Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Reverend(m): 7:16pm On Jan 08, 2007
Kayor:

D white man is guilty of nothing, except 4 exploiting our greed and contempt 4 each other. It was recently reported that British carriers treat Nigerian passengers with utmost contempt. I'll say it serves them right, are there no good African airlines that ply that route? When d black man learns 2 appreciate himself, then he will b appreciated sad[color=#006600][/color]

Most Nigerian airliners dont make it out of Nigerian airspace before they crash. Better to stick with BA, at least you will get to your destination alive undecided
Re: Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by roflmao: 7:57pm On Jan 08, 2007
I'm not taking any side because there are arguments for and against. It isn't particularly straight forward doing business with Africa which is why Africa lack foreign investment. You can't expect a company to go ahead and invest hundreds of millions in an environment that's politically and economically unstable. It's simply not worth risking. Don't you find it pathetic that Nigeria as a country does not have its own national airline? What does that say about us as a Nation? In the last 12months there've been more plane crashes in Nigeria alone than in EU put together and there is no legitimate evidence that the government gives a shyt about if that continues. All they do is run their mouth: No serious investment in Airport management or Safety implementation. God, I'm not even sure if a single member of either houses of government mentioned it for debate or any thing.

If you've ever traveled to Nigeria from the West it's no denial that Nigerians boast the biggest and heaviest baggages because things that are meant for shipping are rather taken to the Airport. But then that's because the people do not have any trust in the country's Port Authority.

On the other hand Airlines have no right to treat paying customers with contempt. If Virgin or BA are soo unhappy with flying to Nigeria then may be it's time they considered their decision to choose that market. I fully agree with what Mr Femi Fani-Kayode has raised but we also need to look inside ourselves if we truly want things to change.
Re: Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Eurphoria(f): 8:20pm On Jan 08, 2007
kayor
thanks for the link, it still didnt say what exactly the bad treatment are----well if the minister is taking this to BA and Virgin it must be bad then and that is deplorable, if indeed they are treating Nigerians badly. I want to know more of this story though becos, some of these so called big shots can cry when ppl refuse to bow to them or call them sir sir. Oh well lets know if you find out more. If it is true about BA especially i will personally boycott the airline out of principle
Re: Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by panafrican(m): 9:02pm On Jan 08, 2007
Air  Afrique  was in some ways a dream become true.

[img]http://www.al-airliners.be/a/airafrique/rk-dc-10.jpg[/img]

but who  stole money from this company ? who was travelling at the  company's expenses or  offering free tickets for vacation to  their buddies and  girl friends? 
Where is Air Afrique today ?    cry
Re: Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:02pm On Jan 08, 2007
You mean the dirtiest airline ever made?
Re: Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Eurphoria(f): 9:03pm On Jan 08, 2007
lmao grin i cant talk NL TOH pls you guys have pity on my ribs
Re: Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Reverend(m): 12:27am On Jan 09, 2007
I trust them 100%

Re: Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:29am On Jan 09, 2007
Lmao cheesy
Re: Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by Reverend(m): 12:32am On Jan 09, 2007
@ThiefOfHearts

That yellow dress is making my blood pressure rise again  grin grin grin
Re: Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by ono(m): 8:40am On Jan 09, 2007
Na wa o!
Re: Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by stranger12: 10:44am On Jan 09, 2007
I know we dont have nigeria airways anymore but why do you think nigeria airways cant fly to the US?

we use the "whitemans" airlines because ours are banned from travelling their airspace.

@topic,
the whiteman is not cheating us, most african nations are folish and lack good leadership.

to hit the nail on the head - as a group, the black man is mainly stupid and lack vision
Re: Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by stanech: 11:07am On Jan 09, 2007
stranger12:

I know we don't have nigeria airways anymore but why do you think nigeria airways can't fly to the US?

we use the "whitemans" airlines because ours are banned from travelling their airspace.

@topic,
the whiteman is not cheating us, most african nations are folish and lack good leadership.

to hit the nail on the head - as a group, the black man is mainly stupid and lack vision

Agreed.

Let us not blame anyone for our misfortunes. China was once a poor country but now they have the fastest growing economy in the world.

It's higtime we Nigerianas get things done the right way.

All we do is embezle public funds and hide under immunity. Get impeached for looting and drag the EFCC to court.
Well the only way nigeria would grow is for us to split her and let every toungue be his own country.

And so is so many other black Nations in the world today.

it's a shame cry cry cry
Re: Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by stranger12: 11:25am On Jan 09, 2007
I think its because of the mindset we have from cradle.

Be 1st in your class or die trying

. . . this simply makes us selfish, stop pulling your brother down because you want to be the best
You might have all the money in the world but you are still a poor man if you live in this poor country called nigeria

we need team players PLEASSSSSEE
Re: Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by saintchux(m): 5:35pm On Jan 10, 2007
stranger12:

I think its because of the mindset we have from cradle.

our problem is our mind set. Our thinking is our problem.

we prefer foreign goods more than ours for no just cause, not of better quality, but b/c is foreign.
we prefer to associate with foreigner than fellow country man

Ask a primary school pupil to name 10 european teams, he will give u 20, but tell him to name 5 nigeria team, he will not name up to 2.

How can we expect the white to treat us better when we have already taken a second seat.

Stand up and be counted!
Re: Re: White Man Cheating Us In Africa by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:39pm On Jan 10, 2007
saintchux:

but tell him to name 5 nigeria team,

Maybe that's cos their teams suck cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Obj's Profile / Ibori Falls Very Ill In Jail. / Have You Seen The New Imo State Government Portal? Gov. Ohakim, Carry Go:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.