Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,710 members, 7,802,149 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) (23594 Views)

Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died / What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Using Padlock With Key Or Key For Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by teemy(m): 11:45am On Nov 27, 2016
if it was just the smoking desire i could agree that cell signatures could play a part. a pastor once talked of his 'days' and a certain girl with gap teeth he was having sex with consistently. after a month he had gap teeth at exact same location.
Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by Spidermon: 11:49am On Nov 27, 2016
Smoking, love for man utd and gutter language usage.

Abeg, i am interested in the other 4 character traits he said he has been exhibiting...
Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by Shafiiimran99: 11:51am On Nov 27, 2016
Na superstition dey disturb him
Superstition...supersoccur...supersreal. Once u believe in superstition then whatever u believe will surely happen to u. Another name for Christmas is Superstition though some Muslims too do believe it but it is forbidden by prophet Muhammad.
It was narrated from Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is no ‘adwa (transmission of infectious disease without the permission of Allaah) and no tiyarah (superstitious belief in bird omens), but I like optimism.” They said, “What is optimism?” He said, “A good word.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5776) and Muslim (2224).
It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Tiyarah (superstitious belief in omens) is shirk.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (1614), Abu Dawood (3910), Ibn Majaah (3538); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood .
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also said.
If a person opens the door to superstition, the world will become a hard place for him and he will imagine that everything is a bad omen.
Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by kevoh(m): 11:52am On Nov 27, 2016
justmenoni:
grin grin grin grin grin grin cos i wouldn't say any points doesn't mean it's not possible, we ain't in a court of law so don't pressurize me though.

Lol....no vex! grin
Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by rusher14: 11:52am On Nov 27, 2016
Does he now speak 7 different dialects?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by Jobabori(m): 11:55am On Nov 27, 2016
Adeoba10:
So, if Lai mohammed should donated blood for me,i will start lying?
Why asking for a politician blood?. Why not of Dangote and Adenuga jnr.
Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by LoveJesus87(m): 11:57am On Nov 27, 2016
goldfish80:

This was one of the points I raised while talking to him. Albert Einstein, Isaac Newton and Nicolas Tesla would have had their blood stored in a blood bank which would be transferred to another scientist.
But it could be more than what you think. There are cells present in the blood, the question is if these cells convey character traits which could be transferable?
Am. A biologist and there is NOTHING like that at all. In fact we run a medical blood bank and what he is experiencing is 100% psychological. angry tell him to free himself. None sense
Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by Xmen149(m): 11:59am On Nov 27, 2016
If blood contains dna,can it alter the dna of the body its introduced to,.i dnt knw sha(if possible then this can be true,for those saying the brain determines d trait,d brain needs blood to work),.but there will be disagreement in which the one existing already in the blood in the body (must win)...just like transfer of bone marrow(though in reverse).. ..i will look into this very well
Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by Nairalanda(m): 12:00pm On Nov 27, 2016
wale2020:
This is a sensitive topic. My son was admitted in the Hospital and the Doctor said he needs blood. I refuse to comply with his request for blood for my son. After two days the blood shoot up miraculously.

The life of the flesh is in the blood. Whenever you consume blood, you are consuming the life of that individual. That explains why most carnivores are very strong e.g tiger, lion, eagle etc.

Cheers.

Mr Wale,
Can you explain further what you mean here? By "strong" am assuming you meant ferocious or very aggressive or ready to kill.
What I want you to explain is why a lion will eat a sheep and not become dull, sluggish or tamed. Note that most carnivores eat non-carnivores...so if your theory holds any water, we should be having tigers as pets. People who eat crocodile should now be dwelling in the wild. My point, do not explain what you don't know about.

I'm glad your son got better without the need for the blood transfusion. You didn't explain how he got better but that's fine. Did he actually or seriously need a blood transfusion? I want to also believe that the doctors who suggested blood transfusion did all the needed tests and that the blood was not requested as a backup means in case things go wrong.
If you or your relatives are in a position where the medical professionals are recommending something as the best way to save your life or that of your relation, DO NOT OBJECT for reasons you have no clue about. At the least ask from another doctor.
Your wish cannot make someone who needs blood to have it.
Will blood transfusion give you the traits or characters of the donor? I don't know but I don't think so. It's not like you are being cloned or sent under some wierld X-ray. It is more fairy tale than scientific to say you will get any genetic modifications.
Why is the OP's friend wanting to smoke etc? I think that's psychological. Why do other people smoke when they didn't take blood? How did he know the blood was from a smoker? Has he ever tried smoking some long time ago before the transfusion? I think he will get over it soon. If he doesn't then, someone needs to investigate properly to confirm why things went the way they did.

You have more serious things to worry about in blood transfusion. Read more about blood transfusion on the NHS site here:
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Blood-transfusion/Pages/Risks.aspx
But don't forget about the huge benefits too!

What the science guys say:

Studies have shown that donor DNA in blood transfusion recipients persists for a number of days, sometimes longer, but its presence is unlikely to alter genetic tests significantly. Red blood cells, the primary component in transfusions, have no nucleus and no DNA. Transfused blood does, however, host a significant amount of DNA-containing white blood cells, or leukocytes—around a billion cells per unit (roughly one pint) of blood. Even blood components that have been filtered to remove donor white cells can have millions of leukocytes per unit.
Source: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/donor-blood-transfustion/

An examiner for [url]Pass1Time.com[/url].

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by aurora777: 12:06pm On Nov 27, 2016
Omexonomy:
logicaly you are right but it dosent work that way

Sorry, I don't get you. You concurred he was logically right and in the same breadth said it doesn't work that way. If you have to go against a logical argument, you must bring a superior logic.
Yes the man is logically correct. The blood is more important because it is the totality of a human being. The blood form the radiation or aura of each person which science has confirmed.
Yes, the blood has both physical and spiritual significance for each human being and plays a vital role in the entry (being born)and departure (death) of any human being. Therfore, the sick person is right in his observations of his behaviour and the new character traits he has acquired through the blood transfusions.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by mtngloetiartel: 12:18pm On Nov 27, 2016
Chi59:
Vibrations kwa?
i laff tire
Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by oxmale: 12:20pm On Nov 27, 2016
vodutive:
@OP

the real question you should be asking is if there is an effect on your IQ when you take spirituality and religion too seriously. When you look at a country of 180 million so called religious people and there's no development and they cant even build roads, good schools hospitals etc, I think you have your answer!!!
carry your frustration go one side
religion is not the cause of under-development

1 Like

Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by mtngloetiartel: 12:21pm On Nov 27, 2016
vodutive:
@OP

the real question you should be asking is if there is an effect on your IQ when you take spirituality and religion too seriously. When you look at a country of 180 million so called religious people and there's no development and they cant even build roads, good schools hospitals etc, I think you have your answer!!!
u aint serious bruh!
Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by Kyllahmc(m): 12:21pm On Nov 27, 2016
Yes bro... But only in Nigeria
Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by rubenic(m): 12:25pm On Nov 27, 2016
Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by oxmale: 12:26pm On Nov 27, 2016
The spirit of a person lives in the blood so somehow there might be a connection.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by Paaapad1: 12:27pm On Nov 27, 2016
What Does the Bible Say About Blood Transfusions?

The Bible’s answer:

The Bible commands that we not ingest blood. So we should not accept whole blood or its primary components in any form, whether offered as food or as a transfusion. Note the following scriptures:

Genesis 9:4. God allowed Noah and his family to add animal flesh to their diet after the Flood but commanded them not to eat the blood. God told Noah: “Only flesh with its soul—its blood—you must not eat.” This command applies to all mankind from that time on because all are descendants of Noah.

Leviticus 17:14. “You must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh, because the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood. Anyone eating it will be cut off.” God viewed the soul, or life, as being in the blood and belonging to him. Although this law was given only to the nation of Israel, it shows how seriously God viewed the law against eating blood.

Acts 15:20. “Abstain . . . from blood.” God gave Christians the same command that he had given to Noah. History shows that early Christians refused to consume whole blood or even to use it for medical reasons.
Why does God command us to abstain from blood?

There are sound medical reasons to avoid blood transfusions. More important, though, God commands that we abstain from blood because what it represents is sacred to him.—Leviticus 17:11; Colossians 1:20.

Please read the links below:

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/blood/blood-transfusions-how-safe/#?insight[search_id]=4faa34c3-1e5e-40fa-b236-0db15ec19114&insight[search_result_index]=1

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/blood/quality-alternatives-to-transfusion/#?insight[search_id]=4faa34c3-1e5e-40fa-b236-0db15ec19114&insight[search_result_index]=4

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/blood/the-blood-that-really-saves-lives/#?insight[search_id]=4faa34c3-1e5e-40fa-b236-0db15ec19114&insight[search_result_index]=6

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g201209/medical-alternatives-to-blood-transfusions/#?insight[search_id]=4faa34c3-1e5e-40fa-b236-0db15ec19114&insight[search_result_index]=10

Enjoy your reading.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by ifeomaekol(f): 12:32pm On Nov 27, 2016
Rainradio:
First question what is blood ? Blood is life or the life giving force
2nd question: where does all the blood go when a person dies ,it goes away the little left turns black that tells us that a person's life force is present in the blood ,hence in a person's blood is a bit of the person, so your friend may be right to feel that way.
wow but is this based on religion or scientific facts?
Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by ifeomaekol(f): 12:35pm On Nov 27, 2016
vodutive:
@OP

lol----lwkmd
Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by pembisco(m): 12:39pm On Nov 27, 2016
kevoh:

Yeah I mentioned only blood cells and not the plasma part because I was responding to this particular post below:

Ok , I didn't know. I wish more research can be done about this sha
Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by Tobium1(m): 12:39pm On Nov 27, 2016
suddenly developed interest in Man utd and the premiership.

Id!ot, so Manchester United has now become a detestful club?
Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by Igbunu4: 12:40pm On Nov 27, 2016
goldfish80:
This past week, I went to see a friend who had about 7 separate blood transfusions within the 2 months he spent at the hospital due to severe loss of blood.
In our discussion which spanned about 2hrs, he told me he feels like he has about 7 multiple people living inside of him since the series of blood transfusions.

Knowing him as a moderate Christian, I couldn't exactly comprehend how possible this could be and I tried arguing with him how impossible it sounds and from the scientific point of view, but he stood his ground and pointed to me how much he has changed which scares him.
He mentioned some character changes he noticed since the blood transfusions which he suspects could be picked up from the blood donors were smoking ( a habit he detests with passion, but suddenly developed a compelling urge to smoke since the transfusions), using swear words and gutter languages which he would never use before, suddenly developed interest in Man utd and the premiership. These and about 4 other character traits he mentioned.

I decided to create a thread to seek opinions from the scientific and religious view point.
could character traits be picked up from blood donors?
I know Jehova witness doctrine forbids blood transfusion, could this be their reason?

I would like to hear the experience of those who have been recipient of blood through IVR.
All opinions are welcomed.
. My opinion is simple. Give everyone back their blood and die
Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by goldfish80(m): 12:41pm On Nov 27, 2016
Xmen149:
If blood contains dna,can it alter the dna of the body its introduced to,.i dnt knw sha(if possible then this can be true,for those saying the brain determines d trait,d brain needs blood to work),.but there will be disagreement in which the one existing already in the blood in the body (must win)...just like transfer of bone marrow(though in reverse).. ..i will look into this very well
This topic certainly requires deeper research. From my understanding so far it appears not much of research have been done in this particular topic. I hope you come back and tell us the results of your findings.
I would like to sample first person accounts of those who have undergone this procedure.
Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 27, 2016
oxmale:
carry your frustration go one side
religion is not the cause of under-development

The white man does not start a meeting with prayer, you don't do to a shop in the west and you will find attendants praying instead of serving customers, you don't go to a place of business and find religious songs playing. When the white man has a problem he sits down and engages his brain, askd himself, where did we go wrong what must we do to avoif this in future but when the black man has a problem he goes to night vigil or bablawo.

The biggest problem with the black man is he doesn't even know he has a problem with religion and spirituality. You cannot fix a problem you don't even acknowledge you have.

There is no country in the world ruled by blacks that is a developed country, there is no country in the world ruled by blacks that isn't religious or spiritual.....just saying! The only exception is SA and we know it's not the blacks that developed the country and we know what is happenning since the black man took over.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by Ade345(m): 12:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
Pls read Acts 15:20 and Lev 17:2. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by ezechinwa2: 12:59pm On Nov 27, 2016
vodutive:
@OP

You have said it all mate.
My country is too over religious, and that has stalled our growth as a nation.
Nokia 3310 is obsolete technology but we can't even manufacture it because we spend our entire lifetime wasting our brain capacity and believing in spirits
As individuals, we should try to attain a balance in life, not one area overlapping another, the whites are where they are because they always try to attain that balance, but we blacks are still going backwards because when we fail a maths course, we keep on blaming an innocent aunty in the village. its a pity bro
Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by sanpipita(m): 1:08pm On Nov 27, 2016
Sorry to say i doubt if your story is real, blood tranfusion can have SIDE EFFECTS but no to point of changing someone's personality or attitude, but i must admit taking 7 blood transfusion from different people seems risky especially if you have no idea who they are and maybe your friend's genes are weak but again i doubt blood transfusion can change a person totally, i have taken blood transfusion from three different persons of which one is a social drinker and nothing has changed about my personality or attitude, i dont smoke or drink and im still myself.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by goldfish80(m): 1:13pm On Nov 27, 2016
vodutive:
@OP

What does this have to do with what I asked? If you read the post it's very clear I asked opinions from science and religion. If you have done any research about the question, be my guest and tell us.
I didn't ask why we have decayed institutions.. Nawao

1 Like

Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by Originalsly: 1:18pm On Nov 27, 2016
Great topic. If you believe science has the answer for everything. .. or their explanations are all factual then you need to reset your brain. The Bible... on certain topics... the Bible pretty much gives headlines and no details.... take it or leave it. It says blood is life... and basically one should not have blood transfusions...period...no explanations. When it comes to life and behaviour..... the very Bible always refer to the blood and the heart... never the brain. Since man got 'wise' and 'know it all' the last 200 years or so.... we now know the brain is responsible for everything. However, scientists stay clear of topics like this where evidence... fact is staring them in the face and they can come up with no reasonable scientific explanation...not even a theory.
Recently, this topic of behavioural changes after operation was brought to my attention by an RN but was referring to heart transplant. One patient. .. a non smoker. .. suddenly got a craving to smoke.... must smoke.... only to find out that the heart donor was a heavy smoker. What does the heart have to do with behaviour? Only to have the same dramatic change happen to someone I know very well... heart transplant... grown man began behaving like a young boy... dressing like a young boy.... heart from a 25 year old. What's the connection? With this topic. .. another dimension is added... the blood.
I know doctors and surgeons and ehmmm.... scientists are following this topic... abeg.... jump in with your experiences or explanations and let's see what we can learn.
Re: What Is The Spiritual Implication Of Blood Transfusion? (if There's Any) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 27, 2016
Blood is only a medium for the transportation of oxygen and nutritive compounds, and antibodies for fighting disease, that is all. Blood cells are constantly being lysed (destroyed) by your spleen and excreted by the kidneys, and replaced by the bone marrow. There is nothing spiritual about blood, anymore than skin, stomach or nose.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana / My View About Jim Iyke's Deliverance. / Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.