Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,237 members, 7,807,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

Uber Is Not A Profitable Venture - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Uber Is Not A Profitable Venture (1621 Views)

Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? / Free Training: How To Grow A Profitable E-commerce Business Plus Hot Products / Having Spear Cash And Planning On Investing In A Profitable Venture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Uber Is Not A Profitable Venture by africandollar: 6:31pm On Nov 26, 2016
I have come to the conclusion that Uber is not a profitable venture and you stand better odds of making profit if you keep your capital in fixed deposit or buy treasury bills. After my horrible experience with two of their 'certified' drivers, the last of which left my vehicle in a sorry state, I started to think within myself that would I give a stranger up to N3,000,000 to invest on my behalf? No way! Then why would I give a vehicle worth almost that much to an 'ill-recruited' driver to make money for both of us?

The only party that profits from Uber is Uber itself, all partners are mere scapegoats that have to pay bitterly for the atrocities committed by these drivers.

A word is enough for the wise! Don't put up your blood, sweat and tears on the Uber platform except you plan on being your own driver.

1 Like

Re: Uber Is Not A Profitable Venture by tempex88(m): 6:47pm On Nov 26, 2016
It's no longer as profitable as it use to be since they lowered barrier to entry and stopped the surge stuff. The best car for uber now is 2006/7 corrolla which will cost u like 2m and has a very good resale value
Re: Uber Is Not A Profitable Venture by mrsage(m): 10:28pm On Nov 26, 2016
Transport business is generally profitable.

However, to succeed you need to consider some certain factors.

A car valued at 3M is way too much for Uber. How long will it take to recoup that amount plus profit?

Drivers are a major challenge, however most partners do not recruit properly.

I suggest a rigorous and very selective process. After the driver passes the Uber certification, go ahead and recruit based on your set standards.

My opinion any car above 1.5M is too much for Uber. You can even buy a used car if you know your way.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Government Should Study And Emulate Get Help Worldwide Policies!!! / Blockchain 2fa Code / Easiest Way To Convince A Bank To Give You A Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.