Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Thread For Aspiring Lecturers - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Thread For Aspiring Lecturers (16568 Views)

Salary Ranges Of University Lecturers In Nigeria? / Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers / Thread For Teachers, Educators, Academicians, Lecturers And Educationists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Aspiring Lecturers by Ugosample(m): 9:28pm On Mar 03, 2017
Mbkite:
nice thread.....
Please before you enter class room to lecture, make sure you have practiced what you studied for at least 2years. we need to close the gap between theories and practicals. we need to stop producing half baked graduates.
Anybody who has not practiced for a minimum two years should not be allowed to lecture. that's my take.

You have a point tho...
But passion for the job and proper seminars and workshops will bridge the gap
Re: Thread For Aspiring Lecturers by Ugosample(m): 8:30am On Mar 05, 2017
nanotechy:

@op whatever you do, DO NOT go to a Nigerian University for your graduate studies. Find your way to the US or Canada (US preferably) for your graduate studies. Otherwise, you'll end up adding to the problem called Nigerian Universities. My one kobo

LOL grin

You have a hilarious point tho, but not everyone has the money for abroad, and not everyone will get scholarship, so you have to make use of what you have

1 Like

Re: Thread For Aspiring Lecturers by Skykid1208(m): 5:05pm On Mar 15, 2017
Am a 300level student of Bsc.(Ed) Biology, I have a passion for teaching, I love my course but I also have a great passion for programming.
I intend furthering my education after my undergraduate studies because i want to go into the academia but am not sure whether to go for MEd or MSc?

Great Teachers in the house I would appreciate your advice whether to go for MEd or MSc, and pls state your reasons.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Aspiring Lecturers by linsa01(m): 8:25pm On Apr 03, 2017
Skykid1208:
Am a 300level student of Bsc.(Ed) Biology, I have a passion for teaching, I love my course but I also have a great passion for programming.
I intend furthering my education after my undergraduate studies because i want to go into the academia but am not sure whether to go for MEd or MSc?

Great Teachers in the house I would appreciate your advice whether to go for MEd or MSc, and pls state your reasons.

If you want to be in the Tertiary, get M.sc. especially if you wish to be in faculty of sciences rather than education.
Re: Thread For Aspiring Lecturers by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 03, 2017
Is it possible to start publishing papers at this level? I am a serving corps member in a state university and I really need something that could make securing a lecturing job easy for me. Please scholars in the house, your contributions are needed.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Aspiring Lecturers by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 03, 2017
linsa01:

If you want to be in the Tertiary, get M.sc. especially if you wish to be in faculty of sciences rather than education.
Can I send you a PM please?
Re: Thread For Aspiring Lecturers by jeebz: 11:11pm On Apr 03, 2017
Destinyy22:
Is it possible to start publishing papers at this level? I am a serving corps member in a state university and I really need something that could make securing a lecturing job easy for me. Please scholars in the house, your contributions are needed.

Yes you can publish papers at any level. However, you would need academic guidance because publishing academic articles/papers is no joke at all.
Please state your subject of interest as you may find good collaborators here.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Aspiring Lecturers by ayili: 12:32am On Apr 04, 2017
Destinyy22:
Yes you can

1 Like

Re: Thread For Aspiring Lecturers by linsa01(m): 9:36am On Apr 04, 2017
Destinyy22:
Can I send you a PM please?

Please do
Re: Thread For Aspiring Lecturers by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 04, 2017
ayili:

Yes you can
Thanks for your contribution. I appreciate. I just sent you a DM.
Re: Thread For Aspiring Lecturers by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 04, 2017
linsa01:

Please do
Done.
Re: Thread For Aspiring Lecturers by kixo(m): 1:30pm On Apr 04, 2017
beautiful thread and very insightful
I just completed my MSc. at UniBEN. I love academics

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Aspiring Lecturers by Lexmane(m): 11:33pm On Apr 04, 2017
kixo:
beautiful thread and very insightful
I just completed my MSc. at UniBEN. I love academics
A very big congrats bro. Break a leg !!!

1 Like

Re: Thread For Aspiring Lecturers by saraki2019(m): 2:28pm On Jun 07, 2017
what course is the best for a bsc. physics graduate
msc. in physics with specialization in nuclear physics
msc. in physics with specialization in geophysics
msc. in physics with specialization in solid state physics
Re: Thread For Aspiring Lecturers by jeebz: 7:59pm On Jun 10, 2017
saraki2019:
what course is the best for a bsc. physics graduate
msc. in physics with specialization in nuclear physics
msc. in physics with specialization in geophysics
msc. in physics with specialization in solid state physics
People cannot decide for you at this stage to avoid any regrets.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Aspiring Lecturers by Ugosample(m): 12:16am On Sep 02, 2018
Anybody here?
Re: Thread For Aspiring Lecturers by ify1234: 10:42am On Sep 02, 2018
Nwanna2588:
I don't see those that don't have educational qualifications as a lecturer. I see them as an interlopers who have come to take what rightly belong to us. Let me put it clear. You're not a lecturer or a teacher if you don't have any of these qualifications: NCE, B.Ed, and M.Ed. Those with PGD can be managed but on the ground that the right teachers have been employed.

I guess you are a teacher and you are this ignorant. Is education programme the only discipline that exists?
Do you really know what it means to be a University professor/lecturer say in medecine, science, engineering or other art discipline ?

To have teaching skills not necessarily a teaching 'certificate' will be of great advantage, no doubt.

No matter the level of education certificate you have without the necessary knowledge/qualifications in a particular subject, you are the least qualified authority in that subject.
Re: Thread For Aspiring Lecturers by duduade: 9:29am On Sep 16, 2018
Nwanna2588:
I don't see those that don't have educational qualifications as a lecturer. I see them as an interlopers who have come to take what rightly belong to us. Let me put it clear. You're not a lecturer or a teacher if you don't have any of these qualifications: NCE, B.Ed, and M.Ed. Those with PGD can be managed but on the ground that the right teachers have been employed.

You just a bitter soul
Re: Thread For Aspiring Lecturers by Ugosample(m): 10:28am On Sep 16, 2018
duduade:

You just a bitter soul
no mind that guy
Re: Thread For Aspiring Lecturers by Diamond294(f): 10:06am On Sep 17, 2018
Nice thread. Currently a masters student in a federal uni in Nigeria. I look forward to securing a lecturing job during or after my program. I'd advise the undergraduates here to consider going for post grad studies abroad, it's not worth it in this country. Will never continue with PhD here unless the system is reformed.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Aspiring Lecturers by oduz: 7:25am On Dec 23, 2018
Sasuwa:
i am a graduate of physics
unimaid
waiting for nysc posting
my hobby is reading
my passion is research and imparting knowledge, fellow aspirant let us meet and share our knowledge for the journey ahead

Kudos to the OP
Nice thread ....
Would you like to update us on your progress so far ...

The Land is Green ... cool
Re: Thread For Aspiring Lecturers by Omnivalent(m): 7:31pm On Jan 05, 2019
Diamond294:
Nice thread. Currently a masters student in a federal uni in Nigeria. I look forward to securing a lecturing job during or after my program. I'd advise the undergraduates here to consider going for post grad studies abroad, it's not worth it in this country. Will never continue with PhD here unless the system is reformed.
wonderful!
Re: Thread For Aspiring Lecturers by Junior66(m): 8:17pm On Aug 10, 2020
sbashir10:

Dr dipo fashina, he's now in ABU Zaria, helping setting up the First philosophy Department in northern Nigeria, and ABU has automatically elevated him to prof,
Kogi State university has had a department of philosophy long before 2016. I have friends that graduated with philosophy long even told fore 2010. Kogi state is in northern Nigeria, just to set the records straight.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Certification Can I Do As An Engineer? / Top 6 Careers For Quiet People / Ecobank Staff Cleaning Allen Avenue. (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.