Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

How Do You Reply To The "Did You Pray For Me" Question - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Reply To The "Did You Pray For Me" Question (4862 Views)

Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? / Can You Pray For The Dead? Is It A Futile Effort? / How The Did Prophet Muhammad Split The Moon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Reply To The "Did You Pray For Me" Question by Culin(f): 3:03pm On Nov 27, 2016
Sometimes someone will just pop up online Or call after sunday service and ask "hope you prayed for me?" or "did you pray for me?". Most times I am like " shoo! did you even ask me to pray for you? abi I've become your pastor?". But when I'm in my nice mood i just say, "i prayed for all my friends" or "I'll pray for you next sunday". I don't understand why people ask anyway when they know you probably didn't even think of them in church. How do answer your friends?
Re: How Do You Reply To The "Did You Pray For Me" Question by kinggogo: 3:06pm On Nov 27, 2016
U jst jokingly tell dem; yes i did smiley

1 Like

Re: How Do You Reply To The "Did You Pray For Me" Question by herzernIsHere: 3:16pm On Nov 27, 2016

Re: How Do You Reply To The "Did You Pray For Me" Question by lomprico(m): 4:35pm On Nov 27, 2016
Tell em yes(even if u dint) and have peace of mind!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Reply To The "Did You Pray For Me" Question by ElsonMorali: 4:38pm On Nov 27, 2016
Just tell them you prayed for everybody. Then ask them if they prayed for you.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Reply To The "Did You Pray For Me" Question by oaroloye(m): 8:03am On Feb 12, 2017
SHALOM!

Culin:
Sometimes someone will just pop up online Or call after sunday service and ask "hope you prayed for me?" or "did you pray for me?". Most times I am like " shoo! did you even ask me to pray for you? abi I've become your pastor?". But when I'm in my nice mood i just say, "i prayed for all my friends" or "I'll pray for you next sunday". I don't understand why people ask anyway when they know you probably didn't even think of them in church. How do answer your friends?

In my opinion, anyone who asks other people to pray for them is a big fool!

If something is going on with you, that you cannot speak to your Creator directly, and obtain positive results, OUGHT YOU NOT FIX THAT FIRST- BEFORE YOU TAKE ONE MORE STEP?

There is this old gentleman down the road, whom I greeted every day, on my way to and from work.

I didn't see him for some months, and when I saw him next, he was in a wheelchair, missing a leg!

I was alarmed, and asked him what had happened- had he been in an accident?

It emerged that he had suffered from DIABETES, and, being a Muslim Herbalist of some renown, he had treated himself. Something had gone wrong, and, as inadequately-treated Diabetics are wont to do, he developed an ulcer on his leg, which became gangrened, and his condition became critical.

The best hospital in town is a Seventh Day Adventist Christian Hospital- and they saved his life by cutting his leg off. I felt bad for the fellow, and told him what I knew: that The Power of God could Heal anything- but that he would have to work for it.

I put several useful materials in his hands, including media and books.

I bought him a tablet phone he could view and listen to the media on.

I stopped off after work to counsel with him, and answer any questions he might have.

He actually had none- he did not read any of the books I gave him, and did not study any of the materials I gave him. None of them were about converting him to Christianity, nor any other Religion. They were about building Scientific Knowledge to understand his condition with a view to curing it, and Spiritual Knowledge, whereby he could ultimately restore his lost limb.

I knew that, "RECEIVE JESUS, AND ALL WILL BE WELL!" wouldn't work for this person.

He was not only a Muslim, he even owned a Mosque! He did not believe in The Gospel of Yahshua, so I could not go through that route.

One day, to my chagrin, he informed me that the tablet I had bought for him was broken- he had dropped it.

I could not afford to fix it for him, nor replace it.

His Mosque was tiny- but I imagined that some one of his Muslim friends, or a group of them, should have out up money to fix or replace his tablet for him. But, to my surprise, I appeared to be the only one taking an interest in this man and his condition!

He told me, that it was even an anonymous Christian who had paid his considerable hospital bill- a hundred thousand Naira, or so. He had a "brother," who had brought him food during his stay but that was about it.

He SAID that he no longer believed in Religion- but I sensed that he as just saying that, do I would just use my "magic Holy Ghost Powers" to Heal him, whereby he would go back to his useless Religion once he had gotten what he wanted. I had made it clear to him that I could not do that, and that if he was to be Healed, he would have to do it the way I was telling him.

I imagined that he would be working hard to learn what he needed to know to Heal his amputated limb.

What could possibly be more important to him than that?

He was fairly intelligent- he said that he had even been a Campus Consultant, on occasion, and was the best Herbalist around. I expected that he should have been interested in, at the very least, CARLOS CASTANEDA- the entirety of whose books on his Natural Training experiences I gave him on the tablet.

But he showed no interest whatsoever.

One evening, when I branches at his house on my way home, he made me sit through a half hour radio show- most of which I could not understand- by some "PROPHET PETER" at Oshogbo.

After I had endured that nonsense, he asked me what I thought about his Healing Ministry. He wanted to go to his Church, and be prayed for by him. I asked him whether he had ever heard about "Prophet Peter," or anyone like that, Healing Amputation before. He said that he had not- but he wanted to go and try this"Prophet," did I think that a good idea?

I replied that HE should have better knowledge of the reliability or not of his people than me- that if he thought this "Prophet" could do anything, he should go.

I saw that I had been wasting my time this whole time.

He was gone for some weeks, it seemed- then he was back by the roadside, still with only the one leg.

This is what happens, when you let other people pray for you.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Reply To The "Did You Pray For Me" Question by GregoryDavis: 5:20pm On Oct 20, 2018
Prayer is the best way to connect with god. In essayswriting.org, I have seen many prayer requests sent by the people. People always ask to pray for them because they hope that god will listen to their prayers.
Re: How Do You Reply To The "Did You Pray For Me" Question by henrysimmons: 5:14am On Jan 05, 2019
What i can say op is that, this is your own list.
google street view enter address
Re: How Do You Reply To The "Did You Pray For Me" Question by KingErnesto(m): 1:25pm On Feb 18, 2019
Yes I did, as I always pray for my friends&families, and that includes you.
Re: How Do You Reply To The "Did You Pray For Me" Question by coolkiu00: 5:53am On Sep 06, 2019
I had the answer when I finished reading your article!
Please used cool maps when traveling offline!
Re: How Do You Reply To The "Did You Pray For Me" Question by Lonelypacifist6: 12:38pm On Sep 08, 2019
MF I don't pray.
Re: How Do You Reply To The "Did You Pray For Me" Question by edroberts446: 9:14pm On Jan 08, 2021
Make sure that the player you're about to give Robux has their own donation clothing item for sale. You can easily send Robux to your friends or favorite roblux user.
Re: How Do You Reply To The "Did You Pray For Me" Question by Kevinton: 3:59pm On Apr 20, 2021
There is some controversial statements running out in the online media, but none of these rumors are not true regarding these issues. We should work together for our own betterment- you could have a look at this https://flirtymania.com/go-live-patreon-en.html website for having a wonderful moment through making a video chat with your partners around the world. Thanks for sharing this post with us.
Re: How Do You Reply To The "Did You Pray For Me" Question by BabalawoPikin(m): 10:17am On Mar 09, 2022
edroberts446:
Make sure that the player you're about to give Robux has their own donation clothing item for sale. You can easily send Robux to your friends or favorite roblux user.
hello. Bro. I have roblux. I need buyer angry $100
Re: How Do You Reply To The "Did You Pray For Me" Question by redbuffer: 4:43pm On Oct 22, 2023
RedBuffer Ai combines computer vision and AI expertise to deliver unparalleled solutions. Our computer vision ai technology transforms visual data into actionable insights for businesses.

(1) (Reply)

On Atheism, The Higgs Boson And God / Italo The Belligerent Catholic. Mary Wasnt No Dayum 'virgin'. Proof She Wasnt / Does Consciousness Need A Brain?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.