Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,751 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? (9247 Views)

JAMB Directs Tertiary Institutions To Begin Admission Processes August 21 / JAMB CUT OFF MARK 2018/2019 FOR ALL NIGERIAN INSTITUTIONS - 09082964145 / List Of Universities That Will Release Admission List This Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by frubben(m): 7:21am On Nov 28, 2016
moyakz:

yes there is;THE PADDING SECTOR.any kind of padding you can think about.

Even the padding sectors self. They. Can't even pad well.
Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by AnodaIT(m): 7:21am On Nov 28, 2016
Just like every other thing in Nigeria.

All stakeholders must vet the list before it is released. Even if the last stakeholder is in UK, they will wait till he is back

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by moyakz(m): 7:25am On Nov 28, 2016
frubben:

Even the padding sectors self. They. Can't even pad well.
bros u lie.ask dogara!
Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by ackoos(m): 7:26am On Nov 28, 2016
what else if not corruption...Nigeria is finished
Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by rexidic: 7:59am On Nov 28, 2016
pharmsamy:
Especially uniport...... Candidates have been expecting d second list for a long time
mtcheew..as if oau has released first list
Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by fineyemi(m): 8:01am On Nov 28, 2016
its because admission in our university isn't transparent
Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by dgr8chagwa(m): 8:16am On Nov 28, 2016
Pls is 2016 jamb results also valid for 3 years?
Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by Basheer18(m): 8:22am On Nov 28, 2016
Usmanu Danfodiyo university..... why nw?
Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by olumose001(m): 8:24am On Nov 28, 2016
imagine say, UDUSOK AND BUK Neva release any list sef!!!
Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by slimmjohn(m): 8:32am On Nov 28, 2016
olunuthegreat:
you garrit jare, oau too slow I'm still waiting for the list
Meeehn!,we're in the same boat o! grin
Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by DeRay98(m): 8:47am On Nov 28, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Sometimes it's not padding as many are already alluding to. Sometimes it's just our idiosyncrasy of bottlenecking every thing or making life difficult for ourselves.
For example, after departmental meeting, there is faculty meeting then collegiate meeting then Senate meeting, then VC has to sign all of these could be weeks apart. And in the case of well regulated professional courses, regulating bodies have to approve of the results or sometimes, results have to be reviewed downwards to comply with pass quota as stipulated by regulating bodies.
True that the longer it takes before results are officially published, the more allowance is given for unwholesome practices. It all boils down to one word : corruption

In addition, creating a window for "settling, blocking" by individuals involved in the process.

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by viki84(m): 9:04am On Nov 28, 2016
So that they can rig the results peacefully
MOUAU i hope you see this post and release Direct Entry Admission including FEDPONEK HND second list
Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by linconreal: 9:27am On Nov 28, 2016
Good morning frnds, am Edepoly aspirant and yet no message to confirm mayb am admit, pls why dis delayed?
Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by CaptEColeJnr: 9:31am On Nov 28, 2016
EMriss:
BUK ooo embarassedBUK ooo
they've released theirs
Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 28, 2016
pinkydove:
Please can someone explain why it takes like forever for Nigerian schools to release their admission list?

What is the science behind this? why not release it once and for all? I know of some schools that usually release second list after about two months when the first was released... Why is it so?
JAMB is harmonizing all admissions now to especially ensure all APC candidates get admissions. JAMB had their last meeting in Owerri Novemeber 14, 2016 and may this week order all schools to release the last and final admission lists in their various schools.
Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by pinkydove: 10:13am On Nov 28, 2016
slimmjohn:
OP,I guess you're an OAU aspirant? You and I know that the list will be padded!cheesy
Nope... Buh this is very bad... It discourages one from schooling further
Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by pinkydove: 10:13am On Nov 28, 2016
profmsboi:
Are you referring to OAU?
Nope
Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by pinkydove: 10:14am On Nov 28, 2016
veekid:

because they want to pad the list for the man know man
can you imagine.... shocked
Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by pinkydove: 10:14am On Nov 28, 2016
viki84:
So that they can rig the results peacefully
MOUAU i hope you see this post and release Direct Entry Admission including FEDPONEK HND second list
Nekede is the worst angry
Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by slimmjohn(m): 10:18am On Nov 28, 2016
pinkydove:
Nope... Buh this is very bad... It discourages one from schooling further
Yeah,too bad.
Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by slimmjohn(m): 10:20am On Nov 28, 2016
kaorama:

JAMB is harmonizing all admissions now to especially ensure all APC candidates get admissions. JAMB had their last meeting in Owerri Novemeber 14, 2016 and may this week order all schools to release the last and final admission lists in their various schools.
Huh! shocked,i'm an APC supporter and i have not been admitted ooh grin
Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 28, 2016
slimmjohn:
Meeehn!,we're in the same boat o! grin
did you do pre degree or through jamb
Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by slimmjohn(m): 10:33am On Nov 28, 2016
olunuthegreat:
did you do pre degree or through jamb
Jambito jareh
Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by crownbryan(m): 11:46am On Nov 28, 2016
Everyone dream; it is good to dream, but are you deeply lost in your dream, while others chase theirs? If you are still dreaming about moving your business or school to the next level, now is the time. Click on http://www.allaboutschoolsng.com/ to secure advert space for your business or school, we make you visible across the world.
you can email us at hello@allaboutschoolsng.com or call 08177275312. IT ALLABOUTSCHOOLS!!!
Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by dxpecial(m): 11:48am On Nov 28, 2016
HELLO NAIRALANDERS is it possible to be given addmision and still taken back cos i am confuse right now pls i need urgent answer pls
Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 28, 2016
slimmjohn:
Jambito jareh
okay ooo you go get am and we go see for there

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by crownbryan(m): 12:06pm On Nov 28, 2016
Everyone dream; it is good to dream, but are you deeply lost in your dream, while others chase theirs? If you are still dreaming about moving your business or school to the next level, now is the time. Click on http://www.allaboutschoolsng.com/ to secure advert space for your business or school, we make you visible across the world.
you can email us at hello@allaboutschoolsng.com or call 08177275312. IT ALLABOUTSCHOOLS!!!
Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by slimmjohn(m): 12:36pm On Nov 28, 2016
olunuthegreat:
okay ooo you go get am and we go see for there
What about you Pdites?
Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by EMriss(m): 1:58pm On Nov 28, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
they've released theirs
DIRECT ENTRY NOT YET OUT....pls everybody check for me 69062814GG
Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 28, 2016
slimmjohn:
What about you Pdites?
nope JUPEB
Re: Why Does It Take So Long For Nigerian Institutions To Release Admission List? by Bashnigga(m): 4:24pm On Nov 28, 2016
Erudite202:
UNIUYO is yet to release supplementary lists after collecting 2500# from us 4 more than 2 months now.
my bro has been waiting for dat list like forever

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BIMS Success Stories And Its Impact On Students At UNILORIN And UNILAG / A Yabatech Student? / I Schooled In France Trend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.