Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,642 members, 7,801,870 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? (187130 Views)

Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? / What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? / Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by bizhop01: 9:50pm On Nov 28, 2016
10 million naira IS THAT MONEY?

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by adanny01(m): 10:04pm On Nov 28, 2016
Transferring that huge sum of money to your account is not a problem but transferring it out of your account will be a serious challenge.

It is usual for banks to sit on your money giving flimsy excuses and bottlenecks just to keep the money within their bank. You may even have to bribe your account officer to do his normal job.

Prepare your mind that EFCC will be aware of the transaction. It is better if you remove or increase some limitations on your account for easy dispensing of the cash

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by Pieromania: 11:06pm On Nov 28, 2016
baridamhoney:

So are u saying that it I only my id card that will be required to upgrade my account to accommodate millions and can it be done at any branch?
just ur valid id card like national id,drivers license,or international passport plus ur utility bill like nepa bill,telephone bill etc.then u cn go to any of their branches to upgradf

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by oluplus(m): 11:31pm On Nov 28, 2016
Dear OP, there is no maximum limit placed on a fully KYC tier 3 saving account, so no need to worry. My only concern is we will ask questions. We may not be interested in what the money is meant for but more concerned about the source of the money. We will definitely flag it as a suspicious transaction since such an inflow is entering the acct for the first time. It must be reported to regulatory authority so as avoid being sanctioned.
You should also ensure that your Bvn is in place and must be the same with your acct details. (name and DOB). With this., you will be fine.
God bless

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by Mysticluv(f): 12:30am On Nov 29, 2016
Tell the person to transfer the money from his own account to yours n as well state the purpose of the transaction in the column provided for it.. if your account is student account; you will still need to go n update it.. But I don't think savings account has any limit.. mine doesn't have..

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by Themandator: 1:12am On Nov 29, 2016
okenwa:
Deposit the money piece by piece. Or give different depositors to lodge the money into the account

I don't know why it should be a problem .it has never occurred to me to be bothered by that
Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by emi14: 5:33am On Nov 29, 2016
Stop posting rubbish here
Go to banks for financial enquiries.
Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by xreal: 6:39am On Nov 29, 2016
Is Savanna Bank still in existence?
Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by ALLOYCE: 7:33am On Nov 29, 2016
andersonbaba:
A friend of mine has a Savings account and he plans to use it for land transaction worth about 10million naira. the questions now are;
1. can 10 million naira be deposited in a savings account without query?

2. will he be able to make a withdrawal from the individual savings account without being arrested bt security operatives ?

3. will his account be frozen for some policies reason and where that happens, will he still be able to access his hard earned cash?

4. is there anything like maximum cumulative balance and if there is what is the maximum balance for a savings account

Guy,why are you afraid? Is your transaction a genuine one? If yes,tell your buyer to pay via money transfer as we all know cash might cause issues.
Moreover,make sure you find out your daily deposit limit as some account can't take more than 20k per day. Na u get ur money...
Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by bayulll011(m): 9:39am On Nov 29, 2016
andersonbaba:

no sir. 100k has been deposited into the account before. furthermore, the owner only want to use his personal account for a sale of land transaction

No big deal then all u need is get a valid I'd ready if they flag the account.ciao
Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by Divinerace(m): 9:43am On Nov 29, 2016
bayulll011:

Let me help here as ex banker.

We banks we av differents products,ranging from early savers,solo account,standard savings currents accounts individual,current accounts savings tier 1 nd tier 2 respectivelly,the onion here is to open an account with a complete documentations,for saving account standard u will need a valid I'd and ultulity bills,unlike for solo accounts which is for students,tier one and tier 2 no needs of valids I'd and there will be limit to amount of money you can pay into such accounts,if u open a tier 2 or tier 1 expects to do a transactions less than a million,anyday u drop cash more than a million a PND (post no deposit) will be placed on the account then u will be asked to produced some documents to migrates the account.also why will u deposite a 10m in an account that all the year u runs the account the largest deposit u ever made was 20k,re u funding terrorist ?
if they freez my saving account will they unfreez it any time i bring my id documents, like after two years? And will the amount in the account still remain intact.

And during those times can i still make and online deposite on the same account? Because i dont knw where else to put the money for sefty purposes.

Pls answer me i ugently need ur replies!
Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by shady16: 10:21am On Nov 29, 2016
thunderbabs:
The truth is if dt savings account hs never in its entire life had a balance of N1Million, your account will be frozen until you can provide some documents and i.ds as requested by the bank.

That's not true.... I've had more than that in my saving account and no one asked me nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by bayulll011(m): 10:22am On Nov 29, 2016
Divinerace:

if they freez my saving account will they unfreez it
Pls answer me i ugently need ur replies!

Be guided if your money is frozen it may be due to the type of account you re currently on,if the maximum funds the accounts can carry is not suppose to be up to a million,if you put 1million there the account will be put on PND(post no ddposit)that means you can only save but not able to withdraw,all you need to do is go with a valid I'd and some other documentations,your money is safe,no bank will withold your money unnecessarily.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by thunderbabs: 10:49am On Nov 29, 2016
shady16:

That's not true.... I've had more than that in my saving account and no one asked me nonsense.

Well, that's true coz it happened to me. And maybe you opened ur acct wit any of intl pprt, or natl i.d card buh i didnt open my acct with either of those i.ds.
Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by Malayy(m): 11:13am On Nov 29, 2016
Pieromania:
it depends on the document he used in opening the account,if he opened a regular account with normal valid id card,like national id card,international passport,or driver's license,he cn operate millions.
Bt if it is nt a regular accnt then he has to upgrade the account to be able to accommodate such amount.
that's the thing. I'm also going through the same thing. I opened this account in school without I'd card. and last month, I paid 51k in it.. when I went there next week, I couldn't withdraw. I was told that I paid above the limit. and before I can get my money, I will to present any valid I'd card and nepa bill. and I don't valid I'd card. my only option now is to go for international pass. and I will open a proper account with it..
Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by shady16: 11:13am On Nov 29, 2016
thunderbabs:

Well, that's true coz it happened to me. And maybe you opened ur acct wit any of intl pprt, or natl i.d card buh i didnt open my acct with either of those i.ds.

OK, I see.
Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by Malayy(m): 11:26am On Nov 29, 2016
ringi82:
If na access bank savings account don't try it o! Na common 100k I deposited in that account wey them block am. They placed a PND on my account. They said I can't deposit more than 20k in my savings! Can you imagine!
bro my own is 51k. they ordered me to provide I'd and any utility bill before I can get my money. I will get int. passport Jan, and get my money back..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by Malayy(m): 11:34am On Nov 29, 2016
advanceDNA:

Ur number 1 answer is wrong....enter into any banking hall..theres a frame placed in every bank called STR / CTR... suspicious/ currency transaction reporting....all deposit in excess of 5M for individual nd 10M for company accounts is reported to CBN nd NFIU(Nigeria financing intelligence unit).... so he needs to break it into more than 2 units...

No2... he can withdraw..but they will give him some stress...but if he can show some evidence of the land sale like receipt and agreement just to make them comfortable...that will do just fine...so far he's not trying to withdraw the whole 10M at once...

No3..his account could be frozen depending on the kind of account he opened...there are 3 levels of saving account..if it's level 1 or 2 he opened which cumulative balance . 100k nd 400k respectively then it will be frozen once 10M hits the account...so he will need to submit extra document to convert the account to standard level 3 savings account. KYC would be carried out..b4 he can then withdraw..
No 4...there are 3 levels of savings account..
Level 1..u open with just a passport photograph highest single deposit is 50k cumulative balance is 100k
Level 2..opened with a photograph and any kind of bloody ID card...highest single deposit is 100k maximum balance is 400k...
Levek3...the standard Savings account..opened with valid ID..pasport, nd phcn bill...pay a u like..withdraw as u like..
But all kinds of accounts weda Sav or current is still subject to the CT and STR policy...
So OP should know his level b4 he will go and credit 10milla inside one yeye account.....bankers are not nice when it comes to suspicious entry..they will tell u straight up..we know it's ur money but u can't just withdraw at the moment...
bro thanks. I mistakenly deposited 51k into this yeye account, and I t was blocked. they are requesting for valid I'd and utility bill before I can withdraw.
I'm planning to open current account, after I get an international pass.
Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by Pieromania: 1:01pm On Nov 29, 2016
Malayy:
that's the thing. I'm also going through the same thing. I opened this account in school without I'd card. and last month, I paid 51k in it.. when I went there next week, I couldn't withdraw. I was told that I paid above the limit. and before I can get my money, I will to present any valid I'd card and nepa bill. and I don't valid I'd card. my only option now is to go for international pass. and I will open a proper account with it..
U CN GO AND REGISTER FOR NATIONAL ID CARD,AND COLLECT THE SLIP,USE THE SLIP TO UPGRADE UR ACCOUNT.U CN GET THE SLIP INSTANTLY OR AT MOST WITHIN A WEEK.
U CN ALSO GO FOR DRIVER'S LICENSE,U CN HAVE IT IN A MONTH TIME AFTER REGISTRATION.
BT NOTE,WHEN REGISTERING FOR ANY OF THE ID CARD,MAKE SURE U USE THE SAME NAME USED IN OPENING THE BANK ACCOUNT INCLUDING THE MIDDLE NAME AND DATE OF BIRTH.IF U USE ANY INFORMATION DIFFERENT IN UR ACCOUNT STATEMENT,IT WON'T BE ACCEPTED

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by Malayy(m): 1:10pm On Nov 29, 2016
Pieromania:
U CN GO AND REGISTER FOR NATIONAL ID CARD,AND COLLECT THE SLIP,USE THE SLIP TO UPGRADE UR ACCOUNT.U CN GET THE SLIP INSTANTLY OR AT MOST WITHIN A WEEK.
U CN ALSO GO FOR DRIVER'S LICENSE,U CN HAVE IT IN A MONTH TIME AFTER REGISTRATION.
BT NOTE,WHEN REGISTERING FOR ANY OF THE ID CARD,MAKE SURE U USE THE SAME NAME USED IN OPENING THE BANK ACCOUNT INCLUDING THE MIDDLE NAME AND DATE OF BIRTH.IF U USE ANY INFORMATION DIFFERENT IN UR ACCOUNT STATEMENT,IT WON'T BE ACCEPTED
I have registered for national I'd, and I have the slip. when I went there with it, the customer care lady said she can't access my account that slip.
Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by Pieromania: 1:29pm On Nov 29, 2016
Malayy:

I have registered for national I'd, and I have the slip. when I went there with it, the customer care lady said she can't access my account that slip.
they issue 2 types of slip after registration,the first slip wil be issued immediately after registration,it is like a photocopied slip,u cnt use that if that is what u have.
The second slip is issued a wk-a month after registration,it is a coloured slip with serial number,u cn use that to upgrade it wil be accepted by any bank,that is ur national id card,it may be a slip,what is needed is the information on it and serial number of the card,evn if u finally collect the permanent one,it is the same information on the slip that wil be on it.
No bank wil reject the slip if u have it,if u dnt have it go to the place u registered to request for it,go wit d first slip u collected to claim the original slip

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by missuniverse(f): 12:34am On Dec 03, 2016
Pieromania:
they issue 2 types of slip after registration,the first slip wil be issued immediately after registration,it is like a photocopied slip,u cnt use that if that is what u have.
The second slip is issued a wk-a month after registration,it is a coloured slip with serial number,u cn use that to upgrade it wil be accepted by any bank,that is ur national id card,it may be a slip,what is needed is the information on it and serial number of the card,evn if u finally collect the permanent one,it is the same information on the slip that wil be on it.
No bank wil reject the slip if u have it,if u dnt have it go to the place u registered to request for it,go wit d first slip u collected to claim the original slip
I dont think so,
I ve both slip...as a matter of fact, it was issued same day...
sme tym in 2013 I was requested to make an upgrade to my gtb account; in absence of my natl I.d, I went with both slips but twas rejected...(they insisted on an I.D, not sme paper)

although during my reg in 2012, I was told dat I could use one of d slips(d one dat comprises d serial number ofcos) for my transactions, however it doesn't really work dat way...

and d so called id card is not ready till date

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by Pieromania: 11:15am On Dec 03, 2016
missuniverse:
I dont think so,
I ve both slip...as a matter of fact, it was issued same day...
sme tym in 2013 I was requested to make an upgrade to my gtb account; in absence of my natl I.d, I went with both slips but twas rejected...(they insisted on an I.D, not sme paper)

although during my reg in 2012, I was told dat I could use one of d slips(d one dat comprises d serial number ofcos) for my transactions, however it doesn't really work dat way...

and d so called id card is not ready till date
Any bank staff that rejects that slip is nt doing the right thing.go to another branch with the slip and u wil be attended to,if they refuse call their customer care line and u wil be instructed on what to do.
The only reason they wil turn it down is if the informations on it is nt in line with the one in ur bank details.
Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by ringi82(m): 5:48pm On Dec 05, 2016
Malayy:
bro my own is 51k. they ordered me to provide I'd and any utility bill before I can get my money. I will get int. passport Jan, and get my money back..
If you have your birth certificate or state of origin with your pix attached they will accept it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by hoyze24: 2:21pm On Nov 05, 2017
bayulll011:

We banks we av differents products,ranging from early savers,solo account,standard savings currents accounts individual,current accounts savings tier 1 nd tier 2 respectivelly,the onion here is to open an account with a complete documentations,for saving account standard u will need a valid I'd and ultulity bills,unlike for solo accounts which is for students,tier one and tier 2 no needs of valids I'd and there will be limit to amount of money you can pay into such accounts,if u open a tier 2 or tier 1 expects to do a transactions less than a million,anyday u drop cash more than a million a PND (post no deposit) will be placed on the account then u will be asked to produced some documents to migrates the account.also why will u deposite a 10m in an account that all the year u runs the account the largest deposit u ever made was 20k,re u funding terrorist ?
Any idea how long it takes to upgrade account into standard savings account with zenith bank? Also, is there a maximum withdrawal limit?
Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by bayulll011(m): 8:40pm On Nov 05, 2017
hoyze24:

Any idea how long it takes to upgrade account into standard savings account with zenith bank? Also, is there a maximum withdrawal limit?

Not long,just walk with a valid ID and utilities bills to any of their branches.

That's all
Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by Konquest: 2:12pm On Jan 07, 2019
oluplus:
Dear OP, there is no maximum limit placed on a fully KYC tier 3 saving account, so no need to worry. My only concern is we will ask questions. We may not be interested in what the money is meant for but more concerned about the source of the money. We will definitely flag it as a suspicious transaction since such an inflow is entering the acct for the first time. It must be reported to regulatory authority so as avoid being sanctioned.
You should also ensure that your Bvn is in place and must be the same with your acct details. (name and DOB). With this., you will be fine.
God bless
^^^^
^^^^
Brilliant post.
Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by Konquest: 2:29pm On Jan 07, 2019
advanceDNA:

Ur number 1 answer is wrong....enter into any banking hall..theres a frame placed in every bank called STR / CTR... suspicious/ currency transaction reporting....all deposit in excess of 5M for individual nd 10M for company accounts is reported to CBN nd NFIU(Nigeria financing intelligence unit).... so he needs to break it into more than 2 units...

No2... he can withdraw..but they will give him some stress...but if he can show some evidence of the land sale like receipt and agreement just to make them comfortable...that will do just fine...so far he's not trying to withdraw the whole 10M at once...

No3..his account could be frozen depending on the kind of account he opened...there are 3 levels of saving account..if it's level 1 or 2 he opened which cumulative balance . 100k nd 400k respectively then it will be frozen once 10M hits the account...so he will need to submit extra document to convert the account to standard level 3 savings account. KYC would be carried out..b4 he can then withdraw..
No 4...there are 3 levels of savings account..
Level 1..u open with just a passport photograph highest single deposit is 50k cumulative balance is 100k
Level 2..opened with a photograph and any kind of bloody ID card...highest single deposit is 100k maximum balance is 400k...
Levek3...the standard Savings account..opened with valid ID..pasport, nd phcn bill...pay a u like..withdraw as u like..
But all kinds of accounts weda Sav or current is still subject to the CT and STR policy...
So OP should know his level b4 he will go and credit 10milla inside one yeye account.....bankers are not nice when it comes to suspicious entry..they will tell u straight up..we know it's ur money but u can't just withdraw at the moment...

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by enemyofprogress: 7:39am On Feb 04, 2019
bayulll011:

you've said nothing, you only came to show off as ex banker with nothing to offer, no wonder you are an EX BANKER .
Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by happystep(m): 11:09am On Mar 19, 2019
So if I should receive a cash deposit of 2million naira into an account that the last deposits and balance is less than 20k is that an issue.
Re: What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? by Parkerlli: 11:05pm On Jul 12, 2019
wiloy2k8:
3 billion grin
pls a friends of mine try sending money to me and the bank over their demands my routine number pls wat does she mean

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 / Aliko Dangote: Things You Never Knew About Him / Checking Your GTBANK Account Balance Via SMS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.